Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
As far as we know, Valentina is the only option for the Queen. She is basically deus ex machina of the story. She clearly has the favor of Goddess Anna. She is part of Western faction even though they do not appreciate her. She has good relations with East and support of most of the East. She is able to protect herself, which is a plus for military campaigns. She is extremly clever and has a good sense of politics unlike Aelina and well educated, well-read unlike Cassia. She travelled through the kingdom so she knows about it, this is a plus for non other option has as far as we know. She has unwavering loyalty to MC, that we can't say for most of the others. She has complete loyalty of Tamura, if we accept Tamura's deal she will serve as a frontier and having loyalty of the frontiers is extremely important.
''Valentina is the only option for the Queen''
Not gonna happen, neither her mother or her sisters :eek:

Well Valentina our gods choosen and Lydia make probably the best ones, objectively speaking...but yeah, i don't like either, so i'd go for Estrid, Kaylan or Eliana (our lovely bar wench) :LOL:

Yeah the west-faction provides nothing but empty promisses and 'subtle' threats, from a organization which has barely, if any power and most don't really care about. Not to mention their queen selection just sucks, it's the worst of all 3 factions, the only possitive is that they don't mind a queen from the military faction if they are allied.

But yeah, Valentina was a rather disliked character early on, so roy gave her ''some'' character growth...which is a good idea, in theory.
Started as the childish, single minded MC fangirl, which no one took serious and married to her was more viewed as punishment.
Now she is a you mentioned a deus ex machina character. Good fighter all of sudden, has political allies which actually did send her funds (just in case it's needed, bevor the king even died) + promisse of support of several provincial governors, intelligent and has knowledge of politics, history..., favored by Anna, comes with a loyal Tamura, which offers to train superior cavalry etc...i mean, speaking about going a bit overboard in just a few days.

On the other hand the rest of the family took a real nosedive imo.

Helena, never was a fan of that old hag, but how she treats Valentina (especialy in the last 2 or 3 updates) really makes me want to give her a good bitch slap or two...and i'm not even a Valentina fan, althought she got way more sympathetic the last couple of updates.

Cassia...''I have other intelligence. Fashion intelligence...''
I mean, do you even need to add something there, she's a trophy wife at best...a bitchy, arrogant and narcissistic one, her only interests are her social standing and to waste money...obviously also completely lacks in anything to be a good support for the MC or the empire.

Aelinia, started out really good, sympathetic, intelligent and with knowledge about the empire, i liked her early on...than she started with her constant bitching, making demands, and became a alcoholic, i mean, whenever you see her she is downing a bottle, followed by more bitching as soon as something doesn't go her way...and i agree with Lydia, she's way to sure of her own brilliance.
As for her knowledge about ruling, i'd say she can't read the room.

Marius...i really hope we can depose of that little shit. Ideally something like an unfortunate accident on some military campaign...you know, arrow in the knee, followed by a sword through his neck

Last edited:

P4cc3r5

Feb 4, 2019
Don't know if the dev ITRoy follows this thread or can be contacted, but the first 2 lines of this section in "ch11floranewroom.rpy" for the new update don't make sense:

if kaylan_path or aelinia_path or lydia_path:​
$ easterngracchi = True​
if kaylan_path or eliana_path or valentina_path:​
$ westerngracchi = True​

Kaylan/Eliane both represent the Order or the Gracchi (Military) faction.
Lydia represents the Eastern Provinces faction
Aelinia/Valentina represent the Western Provinces faction

I think "aelinia_path" is an error & should have been "eliana_path" - but can understand the typo due to the similar names. Therefore I think the section should read:

if kaylan_path or eliana_path or lydia_path:​
$ easterngracchi = True​
if kaylan_path or eliana_path or valentina_path:​
$ westerngracchi = True​

-----------

The same goes for part of "ch11lydiareturns.rpy" :

if easterngracchi:​
scene ch11lydiareturns3 with dissolve​
l "I have wonderful news. We have agreed that we will be happy to work with the Order of the Gracchi. You can get the benefits of choosing both of our groups."​
if aelinia_path or kaylan_path:​
p "They agreed then?"​
l "I received word yesterday."​

which I think should be:

if easterngracchi:​
scene ch11lydiareturns3 with dissolve​
l "I have wonderful news. We have agreed that we will be happy to work with the Order of the Gracchi. You can get the benefits of choosing both of our groups."​
if eliana_path or kaylan_path:​
p "They agreed then?"​
l "I received word yesterday."​

-----------

Thoughts?

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I mean, we could also just out him as a backloader and let the entire empire kinkshame him, would be really easy, even more so as he displays no caution at all....but i wanted to let him go with some dignity.
It has nothing to do with me wanting to see him begging before he is executed :whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: Chrisdarock19

shazkillz23

Jul 14, 2020
Really loving where this game is heading. very few awesome games of this genre and wow the rework was long but its proving worth it now.
Right now the choices for queen looking good with Valentina from west(looks more matured of 3 sisters), lydia from east(seems the best with alliance options) and estrid(over kaylan of military).,cant wait for Ep.12

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
I mean, we could also just out him as a backloader and let the entire empire kinkshame him, would be really easy, even more so as he displays no caution at all....but i wanted to let him go with some dignity.
It has nothing to do with me wanting to see him begging before he is executed :whistle:
I haven't played the new update yet, but didn't he already give power over to the MC?. Killing him o top of that seems bit harsh unless Ch.11 has more drama with him that you want out of...

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Anyone tied to a faction can be made queen, and Lydia is heading The East faction, so she's definitely queenable.

On another note: I would say objectively that the only truly qualified candidates to be queen are Lydia, due to her extensive training along with powerful connections, and the well-read, willing to learn, and full of initiative: Valentina. Diana also has a quality resume, but she has rescinded any consideration, and with the rumors of her late husband, no intelligent king would want to risk her. As the heir to the Danish throne, although thereby trained for rule, Estrid is also a bad choice due to the issues of succession in both kingdoms. I know that was technically her plan with Marius, but that doesn't make it a good plan. Aelinia initially showed promise, displaying maturity and desire for such a role, but she now seems to ambitious (like possible future consultation with Diana about husbands), and her increasing drinking is starting to remind me of Queen Cersei.

As for the factions, since Gracchi has gotten both The West and The East to agree to work with them, I wonder if you can win all three factions by choosing a Gracchi queen? I personally doubt that ITRoy would allow this "cheat", so I imagine choosing Gracchi will either lose both, or you'll have to make a council appointment from one of the factions to win the two out of three. Objectively, since it seems pretty certain that MC will have to personally command the campaign against Queen Avila, it seems that the best faction to choose is The East with their Gracchi alliance, thus ensuring both a quick and decisive campaign and mutual loyalties.
indeed, Valentina would be incredible and even if she is aligned with the west faction, she is 1000x more loyal to MC and the whle kingdom, and wouldn't care about betraying her faction xD. Aelinia would be a great choice too if she could cut back on her drinking. she is very eager now because the possibility of achieving her dream is so close... yet so far :D MC should ask her to stay sober so he can assess her quality as queen, she would cut back for sure.
Lydia is qualified, but her loyalty could falter later after MC makes several major decisions in a row without her approval.

I was thinking that a "out of the box" solution to conquer Queen Avila would be to send Valentina and Tamura as leaders of the campaign, with Felix to execute her orders and support her :D the only downside is that she would complain about being far from MC for months, but it would be efficient because she would find the quickest way to win and return to MC asap :D

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Pregnancy is being talked about many times in this game so far and creampies are being tracked.

So is there going to be pregnancy or pregnant content in this game???

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
was thinking that a "out of the box" solution to conquer Queen Avila would be to send Valentina and Tamura as leaders of the campaign, with Felix to execute her orders and support her :D the only downside is that she would complain about being far from MC for months, but it would be efficient because she would find the quickest way to win and return to MC asap :D
Sorry but that is a really poor idea. Neither Valentina nor Tamura have experience leading an army, not sure how much if at all Tamura knows about military strategy or more specific that of Caudium.
Also Caudim rejects women fighting, do you really believe the army would follow those two women as leaders ? Even more so against their deadliest foe...

rowgran

Jun 13, 2018
So I was replaying the game and at the ball scene I made a save so I can see all paths, yet it is locked to Aelinia. I choose her first, even tried going back a few saves. Any known fixes? I tried looking on the thread but could not find anything.

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
So I was replaying the game and at the ball scene I made a save so I can see all paths, yet it is locked to Aelinia. I choose her first, even tried going back a few saves. Any known fixes? I tried looking on the thread but could not find anything.
Are you doing a save before the ball, or save before the choice, which is several days before the ball (like the day before Estrid shows up)?

Really loving where this game is heading. very few awesome games of this genre and wow the rework was long but its proving worth it now.
Right now the choices for queen looking good with Valentina from west(looks more matured of 3 sisters), lydia from east(seems the best with alliance options) and estrid(over kaylan of military).,cant wait for Ep.12
Except for Estrid's tied to the Western faction.

Marius...i really hope we can depose of that little shit. Ideally something like an unfortunate accident on some military campaign...you know, arrow in the knee, followed by a sword through his neck
Rechecking some of my variables, I rewatched Anna stating that she'll give Marius ONE chance to rescind his worship for Minerva... I really hope he fails and she takes care of business, heehee. She did confirm her belief that the rest of royal family worships her.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raziel_8

Mikiyo

Sep 30, 2017
Ello!
Would agree with the death of Marius before both MC and him become Co-Ruler. We came to learn more about Marius, he just wanted to enjoy his own life and with his lover. We learn he truly doesn't have much interest in ruling believing people will just do it for him how he interact with MC and his father from the beginning. We see how happily and quickly he hand the idea of co-Ruling to MC and how quickly he dismiss Aristhenes and wanting his death knowing MC have military power to protect himself instead become Aristhenes puppet.
In my opinion Marius isn't really a bad kid, his interest seem to lay elsewhere rather than ruling. But having the death of a heir to a recent of his father will surly spit the East and the West apart into a civil war not even the MC can stop from happening.

• Sad
Reactions: LordSinner

Mikiyo

Sep 30, 2017
Ello!
Also wanted to mention from King Aricellus character Bio in the last few lines that he may also have another son, which will bring much drama to the story I'm very interested to see.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Ello!
Would agree with the death of Marius before both MC and him become Co-Ruler. We came to learn more about Marius, he just wanted to enjoy his own life and with his lover. We learn he truly doesn't have much interest in ruling believing people will just do it for him how he interact with MC and his father from the beginning. We see how happily and quickly he hand the idea of co-Ruling to MC and how quickly he dismiss Aristhenes and wanting his death knowing MC have military power to protect himself instead become Aristhenes puppet.
In my opinion Marius isn't really a bad kid, his interest seem to lay elsewhere rather than ruling. But having the death of a heir to a recent of his father will surly spit the East and the West apart into a civil war not even the MC can stop from happening.
Yeah he got better, still him as co-ruler is in my opinion just a handicap, adds risks and brings no merit...in the really short time all he did was being indiscret with his lover and making utter morronic propositions as splitting the empire in east and west...cause that worked so good the first time.
Honestly if he doesn't want to rule why bother, just let him retire in some villa out of sight, if his affair got out that would be more damaging and bring more chaos then if he would die on some battlefield.

And as, i think Tullia, said everyone with a brain knows that the MC is the ruler not Marius (which is not popular at all).
If the MC shows he is still close with the royal family or marries one of the princesses i don't think anyone would care, the east doesn't seem to care about the royal family either way and there is no hereditary rule, like the former king was not royality but a military commander before becomming the king a couple of years before the story started.

Oct 19, 2020
I didn't see any so called improvement on renders. If i remember correctly he said he's switching because of big, crowded renders and i didn't see any. Am i not the only one right?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I didn't see any so called improvement on renders. If i remember correctly he said he's switching because of big, crowded renders and i didn't see any. Am i not the only one right?
most crowdscenes were earlier currently.

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes