HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Sorry but that is a really poor idea. Neither Valentina nor Tamura have experience leading an army, not sure how much if at all Tamura knows about military strategy or more specific that of Caudium.
Also Caudim rejects women fighting, do you really believe the army would follow those two women as leaders ? Even more so against their deadliest foe...
Tamura has battle experience. Valentina doesn't need experience, she is a litteral genius. :p and sending Tamura would be more to protect Valentina than to lead the army. Felix would act as the "man in charge", but he would actually take orders and strategy from Valentina, that's why I said he should go with them too. it would also give him the experience he lacks to take the next step in his career.
and yeah, Caudium doesn't like women fighting and leading, but an army sent by the new king, the previous only conqueror of queen avila, would be credible enough.
like i said, it's out of the box thinking. very unlikely to happen or be supported anyway :D

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Felix is so obviously a traitor that I'd send him as far as possible from anything important if I could.
maybe not a traitor by rather something like part of the spy network leadership. he seems too intelligent for his position, with too much unneeded initiative, and too laid back :D

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
Agree that Lydia poses a risk, but on the other hand, if she really has such a strong loyality to her family (including MC as her hubby) and the MC can trust her she would make a really strong queen and her family support could be a large boon for finances, military power and stability.
See, I don't think Lydia's been given the credit she deserves. If she and her family are part if a grand plot, then the most dangerous place to be is remaining at MC's side. It's been a week since Aristhenes' arrest (all of Roy's really short days and now a few "Two Days Later" skippage), and she has made no escape attempt for herself or her grandfather, to go warn/aid her brother, or her father, while having three days off from work. Instead she has consistently proved her loyalty, insisted to both Aristhenes and Aelinia that a married MC is family, and the most important member to her. She, along with both Aristhenes and Diana (who has no interest other than truth and justice in the whole ordeal), deny the validity of the revolt charges. And where do these charges come from? Felix, a soldier whose allegiance is dubious at best, citing witnesses whom we never see, and presenting easily forgeable evidence. There is also Isabella, who shares information ONLY when she or her father are accused, and only enough information to mitigate suspicion (by accusing Aristhenes, who's an easy scapegoat in prison), nothing more. Diana trusts the family, and she is certainly not naive or easily fooled, so I'm more inclined to believe her over a blonde bimbo and suspicious soldier.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
You can stop her if you choose to, first MC can scold Helena for acting bitchy then you can choose Valentina and one of the others as an option.

I think chapter 11 is too different compare to previous chapters. One year break changed the writing style I suppose. Also, some of the grouping does not make any sense. For example, Eliana is just a bar wench how can she be part of palace politics. Flora taking side was also unbeknown to story. Also eastern faction clearly outweighs the western faction. Western faction does not bring anything to table except vague promise of cordial relationship with senate which does not have any power. Grachhi faction plays their cards extremely well tbh, I really liked how they unravelled. East offer a spy network, military power, soldiers, wealth both for MC and kingdom, a solemn promise for the logistics of military campaigns, also sounds like they will be helpful to get rid of hindrances of MC's path such as Marius etc. nothing even get close to that from other factions. Also how west conducts its business is so amateurish, they immediately went for threats but as far as story goes MC is good with carrots not stick. They sent two unknowns to MC, instead of known people. Even Grachhi used Kaylan to reach to MC. Looks like only Valentina aware of that. Btw, where was Isabel and Flavia. Sounds like Isabel is part of Eastern faction but nobody mentioned her as an option. It can be because her father does not have the best relations with other Eastern governors but still they should have at least mention her either in favour or against her. Flavia has patrician background and badblood with East, she should have been good ambassador for the West since Tullia supports her and she has good relationship with Eliana who is a representative for Grachhi, which would bring favourable deal to west from an alliance with Grachhi. I feel like this chapter was cut in half, to make it to timeline. If what I think is correct then next chapter will be same as this one and choosing the Queen will be left for upcoming chapters.

Btw, there is some overlook at the story. Looks like they forgot Valentina's good relationship with the East. She already took support of most of the Eastern governors for MC already, they do support her and MC. She also got full chest of gold as a goodwill token but at the chapter 11 story sidelined Valentina and put her as a Western faction deal.

As far as we know, Valentina is the only option for the Queen. She is basically deus ex machina of the story. She clearly has the favor of Goddess Anna. She is part of Western faction even though they do not appreciate her. She has good relations with East and support of most of the East. She is able to protect herself, which is a plus for military campaigns. She is extremly clever and has a good sense of politics unlike Aelina and well educated, well-read unlike Cassia. She travelled through the kingdom so she knows about it, this is a plus for non other option has as far as we know. She has unwavering loyalty to MC, that we can't say for most of the others. She has complete loyalty of Tamura, if we accept Tamura's deal she will serve as a frontier and having loyalty of the frontiers is extremely important. While North boiling Avila should be dealt swiftly and leaving eastern borders security to Tamura is the best deal MC can have. She brought money unlike others who only bring the promise of money. So only by choosing her MC can secure Western faction, Eastern Faction, Grachhi through the alliance then security to Eastern border and support of most the kingdom and on top of that she always brings good and very well thought advises to the table. :unsure:

Btw, I think we will have option to choose faction and Queen separately. Though, choosing off the list candidate may bring some trouble.
yeah, dev said that he split the chapter in two because there was too much content, so the second half is chapter 12, and the former chapter 12 is chapter 13.
we definitely need more from the west faction. they basically only offer a bit of money, and Tullia knows MC doesn't care about money, she said so herself as the reason that she wanted MC brought in the capital, so it's VERY weird that she lets the senator only offer money. well money, and the promise not to assassinate MC xD so the only upside of choosing the west is to be able to choose the queen among the princesses and the former queen without upsetting the allied faction.

Valentina should be in her own faction xD which reminds me that her scene where she pushes for the western faction felt forced. she should not want to push for that, because no one in her faction acknowledges her at all, except for being a queen option.

Isabella doesn't really matter to the eastern faction, she is only an option for queen. aside from that, she has very little power and her only connection is her father who is already part of the faction directly.
Flavia hates MC, there is no chance she would come to negociate with him, and she has no power at all. she is only loyal to the western faction out of respect for her grandfather. her only value for the faction is her close relationship with Eliana.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
western faction is basically the old noble families without any value or power whatsoever, cannot provide anything except a promise not to assassinate MC, and a ridiculous bribe.
eastern faction has everything, tons of wealth, spy network, connections, economy altering entities, logistics, competent people...
gracchi is basically a massive spy network in itself, and the entire army as a whole, the power of the people.

it was already stated that MC doesn't care about money at all, so why the fuck would he choose the west ?

Oct 10, 2022
yeah, dev said that he split the chapter in two because there was too much content, so the second half is chapter 12, and the former chapter 12 is chapter 13.
Fair enough, though chapter 11 feel like shorter than other chapters. I don't have the numbers but I still think it was timeline thing, not update size.

Valentina should be in her own faction xD which reminds me that her scene where she pushes for the western faction felt forced. she should not want to push for that, because no one in her faction acknowledges her at all, except for being a queen option.
Exactly, she is too powerful as it is. She offer as much as whole Eastern faction can offer, with some more on top of it. Western faction has nothing to offer and Grachhi is ready for alliance. That is why I thought we can make a faction choice as a separate option.

we definitely need more from the west faction. they basically only offer a bit of money, and Tullia knows MC doesn't care about money, she said so herself as the reason that she wanted MC brought in the capital, so it's VERY weird that she lets the senator only offer money. well money, and the promise not to assassinate MC xD so the only upside of choosing the west is to be able to choose the queen among the princesses and the former queen without upsetting the allied faction.
The problem with that west has nothing to offer if they don't pull something out of their ass. They can only offer full loyalty of senate but that is just a vague promise and nothing more. They are desperate tbh and if game does not allow to choose a queen from non allied faction then princesses can say farewell to their royal status.

Isabella doesn't really matter to the eastern faction, she is only an option for queen. aside from that, she has very little power and her only connection is her father who is already part of the faction directly.
Am I mistaken or they did not even mention Isabella as an option in the game? I think eastern faction does not want to see her as the queen. Also if I am not mistaken her father is not very close to Eastern faction even though they are located in there. On top of that, Lydia may have hold grudge against her after all she sold all of them on a whim and betrayed on previous chapters.

Flavia hates MC, there is no chance she would come to negotiate with him, and she has no power at all. she is only loyal to the western faction out of respect for her grandfather. her only value for the faction is her close relationship with Eliana.
Flavia does not hate MC she hates Felix for some reason. She is still part of Western faction and close relationship with Eliana would help to keep West Grachhi alliance steady.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
''Valentina is the only option for the Queen''
Not gonna happen, neither her mother or her sisters :eek:

Well Valentina our gods choosen and Lydia make probably the best ones, objectively speaking...but yeah, i don't like either, so i'd go for Estrid, Kaylan or Eliana (our lovely bar wench) :LOL:

Yeah the west-faction provides nothing but empty promisses and 'subtle' threats, from a organization which has barely, if any power and most don't really care about. Not to mention their queen selection just sucks, it's the worst of all 3 factions, the only possitive is that they don't mind a queen from the military faction if they are allied.

But yeah, Valentina was a rather disliked character early on, so roy gave her ''some'' character growth...which is a good idea, in theory.
Started as the childish, single minded MC fangirl, which no one took serious and married to her was more viewed as punishment.
Now she is a you mentioned a deus ex machina character. Good fighter all of sudden, has political allies which actually did send her funds (just in case it's needed, bevor the king even died) + promisse of support of several provincial governors, intelligent and has knowledge of politics, history..., favored by Anna, comes with a loyal Tamura, which offers to train superior cavalry etc...i mean, speaking about going a bit overboard in just a few days.

On the other hand the rest of the family took a real nosedive imo.

Helena, never was a fan of that old hag, but how she treats Valentina (especialy in the last 2 or 3 updates) really makes me want to give her a good bitch slap or two...and i'm not even a Valentina fan, althought she got way more sympathetic the last couple of updates.

Cassia...''I have other intelligence. Fashion intelligence...''
I mean, do you even need to add something there, she's a trophy wife at best...a bitchy, arrogant and narcissistic one, her only interests are her social standing and to waste money...obviously also completely lacks in anything to be a good support for the MC or the empire.

Aelinia, started out really good, sympathetic, intelligent and with knowledge about the empire, i liked her early on...than she started with her constant bitching, making demands, and became a alcoholic, i mean, whenever you see her she is downing a bottle, followed by more bitching as soon as something doesn't go her way...and i agree with Lydia, she's way to sure of her own brilliance.
As for her knowledge about ruling, i'd say she can't read the room.

Marius...i really hope we can depose of that little shit. Ideally something like an unfortunate accident on some military campaign...you know, arrow in the knee, followed by a sword through his neck
yeah those character changes were so extreme and so fast.
Cassia stayed the same, even if she begins to change a little in the latest update. but only very slightly

the change to Aelinia was weird though. she is supposed to be very calm, collected and mature. easy Queen material. you could say that her father's death would affect her and change her a bit, but she said herself that she wasn't affected that much. her drinking didn't seem that serious at first, only a bit of rare wine tasting, while now she empties several jars by herself for no reason.

it's as if the dev switched Valentina and Aelinia xD
were these changes made to make the player regret their choices ?

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Marius...i really hope we can depose of that little shit. Ideally something like an unfortunate accident on some military campaign...you know, arrow in the knee, followed by a sword through his neck
and this change is really the weirdest one. he went from hating the MC, to the point of trying to blackmail, to being the MC's pet in a matter of days, for no reason.
we don't need to get rid of him now, he is a very obedient pet, and serves as comic relief xD

Oct 10, 2022
the change to Aelinia was weird though. she is supposed to be very calm, collected and mature. easy Queen material. you could say that her father's death would affect her and change her a bit, but she said herself that she wasn't affected that much. her drinking didn't seem that serious at first, only a bit of rare wine tasting, while now she empties several jars by herself for no reason.
I think Aelinia did not change that much. The things people find annoying was always there. She is always a heavy drinker, she has always had bad ideas for what's going around her, also she has always had high regards for herself i.e. King Brennus situation, check how she talks about him.

Cassia stayed the same, even if she begins to change a little in the latest update. but only very slightly
I don't expect too much change from Cassia, only Valentina's effect. She was raised that way.

As I see it, like Juliana said, those traits of Valentina was always there. After all, she was the only one who had the courage of travelling the kingdom, she was always a bookworm etc. Her immaturity was blocking her to shine and after she became more mature her true self started to showing.

All in all, I think the changes everyone talking about are not exactly true. We did not know the characters so our only opinion of them was coming from others which they are clearly stayed the same. People are saying they are annoyed by Helena for her actions towards Valentina but it did not have any change from the start. She always like that but once we met the real Valentina we noticed how unfair Helena is. So nothing changed, expect maybe Cassia becoming more kind and Valentina becoming more mature, we just learned who they really are.

and this change is really the weirdest one. he went from hating the MC, to the point of trying to blackmail, to being the MC's pet in a matter of days, for no reason.
we don't need to get rid of him now, he is a very obedient pet, and serves as comic relief xD
This is also did not change. He saw MC as a threat to so he tried to outmanoeuvre him, if MC assert dominance when Marius antagonised him he tried to buy MC by offering any of her sisters then when nothing worked he tried to blackmail him. The brief blackmail period was so clear, King was ready to skin MC alive. Now, MC holds the reigns. He has very big secret, even though MC does not use it against him, he knows it's always a bargaining chip and also he is not that stupid, he is aware MC standing between him and whoever tried to assassinate his father. He has no real option. I also think Helena influenced him to be more cordial with MC. So he is not a pet of MC but pet of Helena. We do need to get rid of him but in due time, no immediate danger.

Last edited:

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Don't know if the dev ITRoy follows this thread or can be contacted, but the first 2 lines of this section in "ch11floranewroom.rpy" for the new update don't make sense:

if kaylan_path or aelinia_path or lydia_path:​
$ easterngracchi = True​
if kaylan_path or eliana_path or valentina_path:​
$ westerngracchi = True​

Kaylan/Eliane both represent the Order or the Gracchi (Military) faction.
Lydia represents the Eastern Provinces faction
Aelinia/Valentina represent the Western Provinces faction

I think "aelinia_path" is an error & should have been "eliana_path" - but can understand the typo due to the similar names. Therefore I think the section should read:

if kaylan_path or eliana_path or lydia_path:​
$ easterngracchi = True​
if kaylan_path or eliana_path or valentina_path:​
$ westerngracchi = True​

-----------

The same goes for part of "ch11lydiareturns.rpy" :

if easterngracchi:​
scene ch11lydiareturns3 with dissolve​
l "I have wonderful news. We have agreed that we will be happy to work with the Order of the Gracchi. You can get the benefits of choosing both of our groups."​
if aelinia_path or kaylan_path:​
p "They agreed then?"​
l "I received word yesterday."​

which I think should be:

if easterngracchi:​
scene ch11lydiareturns3 with dissolve​
l "I have wonderful news. We have agreed that we will be happy to work with the Order of the Gracchi. You can get the benefits of choosing both of our groups."​
if eliana_path or kaylan_path:​
p "They agreed then?"​
l "I received word yesterday."​

-----------

Thoughts?
no, it's because being on those paths trigger specific scenes that make the story and alliances coherent.
for example, being on kaylan or aelinia path trigger the threesome scene, so kaylan knows aelinia intimately now, and can directly discuss with her an alliance between west and gracchi. and kaylan will tell MC explicitly in a scene.
so MC knows that it is happening, and he tells lydia when she comes to make her offer for the eastern faction, and then lydia is forced to go and accept an alliance with gracchi to be on equal footing with their competitor and promises MC that it will happen in the next two days.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023

it's as if the dev switched Valentina and Aelinia xD
were these changes made to make the player regret their choices ?
It really feels like I need to replay the entire game to better get a handle on the whiplash from the character development redirects.

I went into this episode still holding on to Aelinia being a safe Queen choice but she seems more and more mercurial and unreliable.

Also, since the majority of this chapter was a partial list of who should get the 3 villa bedroom slots, what that means should be better telegraphed and explained. Are they faction related? More sex scenes? Are they all independent, or would specific combos have particular strengths/weaknesses? Should we be concerned with spies/assassins when making the choices? Is this dynamic going to be directly related to harem cohesion? The whole situation seems rather arbitrary and underdeveloped.

Making the villa his home away from home definitely gives an edge to the Eastern faction since many of its members would be familiar with the property and its secrets. Good way to get a game over if you piss them off.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Pregnancy is being talked about many times in this game so far and creampies are being tracked.

So is there going to be pregnancy or pregnant content in this game???
pregnancy are not really tracked for now. creampies are only notifications.
kings need heirs, so you could guess that there should be pregnancy content. only the dev knows for sure though. people herecan only hope.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
So I was replaying the game and at the ball scene I made a save so I can see all paths, yet it is locked to Aelinia. I choose her first, even tried going back a few saves. Any known fixes? I tried looking on the thread but could not find anything.
you make the choice long before the ball actually happens.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Yeah he got better, still him as co-ruler is in my opinion just a handicap, adds risks and brings no merit...in the really short time all he did was being indiscret with his lover and making utter morronic propositions as splitting the empire in east and west...cause that worked so good the first time.
Honestly if he doesn't want to rule why bother, just let him retire in some villa out of sight, if his affair got out that would be more damaging and bring more chaos then if he would die on some battlefield.

And as, i think Tullia, said everyone with a brain knows that the MC is the ruler not Marius (which is not popular at all).
If the MC shows he is still close with the royal family or marries one of the princesses i don't think anyone would care, the east doesn't seem to care about the royal family either way and there is no hereditary rule, like the former king was not royality but a military commander before becomming the king a couple of years before the story started.
keeping Marius avoids a power struggle. MC doesn't have any legitimacy to the throne as of now. marrying a princess might help, but barely.
MC wants the avoid the issues the previous king had. Arricellus took the throne by force, had no legitimacy, and hence had assassination attempts among other issues.

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
Here is my Multi-Mod for ToBeAKing-Ch.11
*PS: I didn't play the game, so I don't know about choices. Made the mod from watching the variables.*

View attachment 2236773 View attachment 2236774 View attachment 2236775 View attachment 2236776

Errr Dark just played the update with you mod. Are you sure some of these variables are correct? A lot of your green options don't make sense, like why are you pushing to invite nearly everyone (except Kaylan, is there a reason she's the only one left out btw?) into the villa when we only have three beds to give away? Given that, shouldn't it be a neutral decision and up to the players preferences? And second during the Aelina confrontation you suggest to let her vent but if you choose push back instead you get extra dialogue and a make out scene, so why pick the venting option? And finally if you're with Queen Helena and choose to remind Tulia of that during her seduction attempt you get extra dialogue scenes with her and still get the option to be with Tulia (though not highlighted by you this time strangely) so why not go with that as the preferred option? Hope you can clarify or make some of these suggested changes with a quick update o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: YuNobi1

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Errr Dark just played the update with you mod. Are you sure some of these variables are properly mentioned? A lot of your green options don't make sense, like why are you pushing to invite nearly everyone (except Kaylan, is there a reason she's the only one left out btw?) into the villa when we only have three beds to give away? Given that, shouldn't it be a neutral decision and up to the players preferences? And second during the Aelina confrontation you suggest to let her vent but if you choose push back instead you get extra dialogue and a make out scene, so why pick the venting option? And finally if you're with Queen Helena and choose to remind Tulia of that during her seduction attempt you get extra dialogue scenes with her and still get the option to be with Tulia (though not highlighted by you this time strangely) so why not go with that as the preferred option? Hope you can clarify or make some of these suggested changes with a quick update o_O
it says right there that he doesn't play the game, he only sets the green stuff because there are variables that are set with those choices. he doesn't know what the real "consequences" of the choices are.

Mikiyo

Sep 30, 2017
keeping Marius avoids a power struggle. MC doesn't have any legitimacy to the throne as of now. marrying a princess might help, but barely.
MC wants the avoid the issues the previous king had. Arricellus took the throne by force, had no legitimacy, and hence had assassination attempts among other issues.
Ello!
Untrue, King Aricellus was once a soldier and General who overthrow the Throne. He became Royalty due to being Crown as well marry to a high Noblewoman. MC have the same background as Aricellus, once MC is Crown he Will become Royalty himself and marry one of the Princesses or high born Noblewomen is given bonus to his rule.
As for Marius as I already wrote, his important to MC is mostly cause his the Heir and the current Royal family is popular with the Kingdom people. Your right about King Aricellus had too many assassins after him and I want to believe our MC notice it would happen to him if he remove Marius from the Throne so instead took to the idea of co-Ruler which was given by Princess Valentina even tho she wanted the MC to rule alone knowing Marius will stupidly ruin the Kingdom to which she is right.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
See, I don't think Lydia's been given the credit she deserves. If she and her family are part if a grand plot, then the most dangerous place to be is remaining at MC's side. It's been a week since Aristhenes' arrest (all of Roy's really short days and now a few "Two Days Later" skippage), and she has made no escape attempt for herself or her grandfather, to go warn/aid her brother, or her father, while having three days off from work. Instead she has consistently proved her loyalty, insisted to both Aristhenes and Aelinia that a married MC is family, and the most important member to her. She, along with both Aristhenes and Diana (who has no interest other than truth and justice in the whole ordeal), deny the validity of the revolt charges. And where do these charges come from? Felix, a soldier whose allegiance is dubious at best, citing witnesses whom we never see, and presenting easily forgeable evidence. There is also Isabella, who shares information ONLY when she or her father are accused, and only enough information to mitigate suspicion (by accusing Aristhenes, who's an easy scapegoat in prison), nothing more. Diana trusts the family, and she is certainly not naive or easily fooled, so I'm more inclined to believe her over a blonde bimbo and suspicious soldier.
Lydia could be playing that role though :) she can be as cunning as her grandfather. and she did aid her brother. she was allowed to send a letter to him to get him to pledge loyalty to MC. her father governs a western province, so he is not part of the plot (at least on a surface level).
and the first words of revolt didn't come from Felix at all, they came from Alessia, who we now knows is a leader of the spy network, so her information has more weight now. she warned MC that the eastern provinces governors were having secret meetings to break from the kingdom, and Isabella's father was in those meetings if not even presiding them. Felix having the same kind of information after his investigation adds even more credibility, and he had proof very quickly, so he might be part of that spy network too. Alessia being part of the eastern faction, she should not want the eastern province to be on bad terms with the next king, so it was even more likely that she was telling the truth.
Isabella doesn't know anything, her information has no value, she only wants to protect her father from being executed for treason, which would mean she loses everything with MC too.
Felix is loyal to MC for now, he only wants to support Isabella because he knows her from when she had her relationship with MC, and he saw that MC was in love as he proposed to her, and he saw MC got his heart broken for the second time after his first wife died. the only suspicious things about him are when he left urgently and the reason Flavia hates him for.

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes