HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Ello!
I believe you just overwrite your own words. Queen Helena family was a power supporter to King Aricellus rise to the Throne and Helena did have a huge influence over Aricellus when he was a General. On top of that she from a Noble family which pretty much give her the rights for Royalty. Ofcause it also true Aricellus had a military power backing him as well.
I don't know if you read much history but a person wearing a Crown is a sigh of Power and Authority. Which is why throughout history every Monarchs wear one sort of Crowns. When the populations see a person in power wear a Crown is to be Respect and Obedience. And most of all it mark the person and it's family Royalty amount Nobility. Since this game follow the Roman Era and the most famous general we all know from history, Julius Caesar wore a Laurels Crown as the sight of his power and many Roman Emperor follow suit.
No I don't believe that is the reason MC is co-Ruler with Marius cause he have legitimacy. The only person believe Marius rights to rule as legitimacy is Marius himself and his sister Princess Cassia. MC himself say he will become King for the Kingdom well being and of the people.
no, i don't think you get it.
wearing a crown would only work on the commoners, and those don't care who the king is and how they got on the throne, and they don't make plans to assassinate the king... and even for the commoners, just seeing someone with a crown doesn't really mean anything unless that person is recognized as the king by everyone else.
it means the king needs the supports of prominent people to legitimize his rule.
just taking a crown by force and putting it on your head would not do anything.
Aricellus being married to Helena was far from being enough. just being married to a girl from a noble family doesn't amount to much. she is just a woman, and in that era and that country, it's nothing. having the support of her family also is far from enough. she brought Tullia's family onboard too, and many other influential and wealthy people little by little. There was competition for the throne at the time, as Diana said she bet on the wrong guy and it cost her huge amount of time and money.

also, just being a noble doesn't give you any right to become royalty. those are two very different things, especially in the world of the game.
in that world, you get legitimacy by being chosen as the successor by the king. even if you're not a noble, even if you're not from the family of the king. even if you're unfit to rule. it's about belief, it's the law. but even if you have legitimacy, it doesn't mean people will cooperate and follow you, or obey you...
MC doesn't have legitimacy but he has literally everything else. power, support, faith and trust from everyone.
by keeping Marius, he has both legitimacy, the right to rule, and the actual power to do so. he avoids altogether any other power struggle to get the throne if he removed Marius. because if he did, people would rightfully contest his right to be on the throne and challenge it for themselves, as well as "righteously" plan to assassinate him at the same time.

Mikiyo

Sep 30, 2017
I only had her. Now I'm restartin and she'll be the only one again. So, no harem.
Ello!
Well it is your own choice how you play, but there really isn't much story with her yet. By deny everyone of the current storyline you may miss out the plot of the game. Anyway, goodluck and have fun:D.

Reactions: Dark Silence

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Ello!
By how she reacted toward Felix and how she doesn't want to talk to MC about it, I like to believe she know of Felix before the meeting in the tavern. Like I wrote, she seem to dislike men who's lust after women for sex and she know MC relationship with Eliana and believe MC would cheat and unfaithful by courting her. It's not of hateful toward MC but more of distrust men in power or men in uniform. Your right about the misunderstanding and because of her hateful toward lusty men she doesn't want to listen to reason but her own.
As for Felix himself he is a mystery to me there isn't much story of him yet. He seem like a royal soldiers and work hard to help solve Aristhenes case but that is all.
she didn't know Felix before. she became hostile towards him only after he tried to make a move on her. it's not about "believing", it's fact.
like i said, she hates MC even if he is *NOT INTERESTED* in Eliana, so there is no relationship if the player chooses to avoid it. hence there is no cheating from where she stands, in that case... even if MC rejects everyone except Flavia, and is completely focused on her alone, she would still hate him at this point in the story.
it's not just distrust towards MC, she is clearly hostile, almost insulting him, and it happens suddenly.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Ello!
I doubt she would once she is accepted into your Harem. But like I wrote marrying will probably be by your choice when the time come to choosing a queen. Let just hope ITRoy remember to have her as a candidate.
in this chapter, it's repeated several times that Estrid is a valid candidate...

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dark Silence

Mikiyo

Sep 30, 2017
no, i don't think you get it.
wearing a crown would only work on the commoners, and those don't care who the king is and how they got on the throne, and they don't make plans to assassinate the king... and even for the commoners, just seeing someone with a crown doesn't really mean anything unless that person is recognized as the king by everyone else.
it means the king needs the supports of prominent people to legitimize his rule.
just taking a crown by force and putting it on your head would not do anything.
Aricellus being married to Helena was far from being enough. just being married to a girl from a noble family doesn't amount to much. she is just a woman, and in that era and that country, it's nothing. having the support of her family also is far from enough. she brought Tullia's family onboard too, and many other influential and wealthy people little by little. There was competition for the throne at the time, as Diana said she bet on the wrong guy and it cost her huge amount of time and money.

also, just being a noble doesn't give you any right to become royalty. those are two very different things, especially in the world of the game.
in that world, you get legitimacy by being chosen as the successor by the king. even if you're not a noble, even if you're not from the family of the king. even if you're unfit to rule. it's about belief, it's the law. but even if you have legitimacy, it doesn't mean people will cooperate and follow you, or obey you...
MC doesn't have legitimacy but he has literally everything else. power, support, faith and trust from everyone.
by keeping Marius, he has both legitimacy, the right to rule, and the actual power to do so. he avoids altogether any other power struggle to get the throne if he removed Marius. because if he did, people would rightfully contest his right to be on the throne and challenge it for themselves, as well as "righteously" plan to assassinate him at the same time.
Ello!
Than I just have to accept your opinion since mine being ignore as I would repeat myself.
As I wrote in a few post back, if MC remove Marius from the Throne it would mean a civil war between The East and the West cause of infighting King Aricellus been ignoring and if Marius die by any reason it would give both side reason to fight for the Throne themself. But you seem to mostly focus on legitimacy and forget you also mention King Aricellus overthrow the old king before him and he had no legitimacy. And yet your deny the MC what Aricellus done and would MC could have done as well but instead he decide to co-Ruler with Marius.

Mikiyo

Sep 30, 2017
in this chapter, it's repeated several times that Estrid is a valid candidate...
Ello!
Yes there been mention of her becoming Queen and how most are against it but not once did anyone mention she become a candidate. When MC visit each factions leaders(ladies) he would ask each one of them becoming queen. When Princess Estrid visit MC, they did not talk much or any mention of her becoming queen.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Ello!
Yes there been mention of her becoming Queen and how most are against it but not once did anyone mention she become a candidate. When MC visit each factions leaders(ladies) he would ask each one of them becoming queen. When Princess Estrid visit MC, they did not talk much or any mention of her becoming queen.
MC doesn't mention it to her directly, but he mentions it to others. so she is a candidate.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Ello!
Than I just have to accept your opinion since mine being ignore as I would repeat myself.
As I wrote in a few post back, if MC remove Marius from the Throne it would mean a civil war between The East and the West cause of infighting King Aricellus been ignoring and if Marius die by any reason it would give both side reason to fight for the Throne themself. But you seem to mostly focus on legitimacy and forget you also mention King Aricellus overthrow the old king before him and he had no legitimacy. And yet your deny the MC what Aricellus done and would MC could have done as well but instead he decide to co-Ruler with Marius.
i don't ignore your opinion, i just disagreed and argumented my point.

the moment MC removed Marius, there will be a fight for the throne even before a civil war. MC alone is enough to stabilize the west and east, he doesn't need Marius. MC commands enough respect and trust for that, alone.
and removing Marius means killing him or making him abdicate. the first case is pretty self explanatory and the consequences are clear. making him abdicate introduces a variable because then it should be Aelinia's husband that gets the legitimacy. and Marius can't choose when he quits.

we don't know how aricellus took the throne, we only know he didn't have legitimacy and it affected his rule until the very end.
Aricellus' beginnings as a kings was so illegitimate that he needed Aristhenes' power, and compromising with hostile governors to stabilize his rule. that's very bad. the worse start possible even. MC avoids all that, he gets legitimacy and power, no resistance from anyone. everyone wants to help and support his rule. and he doesn't need to worry about potential legitimate candidate that would pop up. why don't you understand that ?

P4cc3r5

Feb 4, 2019
no, it's because being on those paths trigger specific scenes that make the story and alliances coherent.
for example, being on kaylan or aelinia path trigger the threesome scene, so kaylan knows aelinia intimately now, and can directly discuss with her an alliance between west and gracchi. and kaylan will tell MC explicitly in a scene.
so MC knows that it is happening, and he tells lydia when she comes to make her offer for the eastern faction, and then lydia is forced to go and accept an alliance with gracchi to be on equal footing with their competitor and promises MC that it will happen in the next two days.
Thanks for clearing that up :)

Reactions: HiP1

Landrol

Nov 22, 2023
I've just started this game. It's interesting enough, but no animations at all. Have they added animations in later chapters?

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
Lydia could be playing that role though :) she can be as cunning as her grandfather. and she did aid her brother. she was allowed to send a letter to him to get him to pledge loyalty to MC. her father governs a western province, so he is not part of the plot (at least on a surface level).
and the first words of revolt didn't come from Felix at all, they came from Alessia, who we now knows is a leader of the spy network, so her information has more weight now. she warned MC that the eastern provinces governors were having secret meetings to break from the kingdom, and Isabella's father was in those meetings if not even presiding them. Felix having the same kind of information after his investigation adds even more credibility, and he had proof very quickly, so he might be part of that spy network too. Alessia being part of the eastern faction, she should not want the eastern province to be on bad terms with the next king, so it was even more likely that she was telling the truth.
Isabella doesn't know anything, her information has no value, she only wants to protect her father from being executed for treason, which would mean she loses everything with MC too.
Felix is loyal to MC for now, he only wants to support Isabella because he knows her from when she had her relationship with MC, and he saw that MC was in love as he proposed to her, and he saw MC got his heart broken for the second time after his first wife died. the only suspicious things about him are when he left urgently and the reason Flavia hates him for.
If Alessia has access to the information on who is doing/guilty of what back East, then if Lydia (and therefore Diana, who insists MC release Aristhenes immediately once she hears of his arrest) are indeed working with a rebel coalition, why then has Alessia risked allying herself with women she knows are traitors? From the conversation, Lydia and Diana also both know about Alessia's spy network before campaigning MC together, thus she either has to be spying for them, or they don't have any secrets that they would be concerned about Alessia divulging to MC after he chooses their faction. The recent arrest of Aristhenes demonstrates that an alliance with MC won't save you if treason is involved, and both women have a personal stake in Aristhenes' freedom. So all the solid evidence points to both Lydia and Diana being innocent of rebellion.

Also, in the prison, Aristhenes never denies any part of the "Use Isabella, Oust Marius, Control MC" plot, repeatedly doubling down on the genius of his grand scheme and that the kingdom could still be saved if MC restores his position. He's already awaiting execution, and even pleads with MC to get it over with before the revolt charges even come to light. When they do, however, he denies the charges, and insists on his innocence, even though said innocence will not change his desired fate: execution. If his family was involved, and he wanted to protect them, then he would confess, and claim that he was the only one involved, insisting that none of the family knew, or they did but refused Aristhenes' call to join.
His problem isn't treason, it's a one-track mind that therefore can't adjust to new information. Thus he can't be convinced that women can be effective in government (a sentiment shared by Aricellus, Felix, and I think Marius), or change his views that Marius will destroy Cadium, and that MC is not politically savvy enough to survive Capital politics. Therefore, he saw only one solution to protect Cadium's future: remove Marius, establish MC, and direct him through the political game. His timeline was much longer, during which he likely intended to endear himself to MC by demonstrating his worth, but then Aricellus died, and things had to be rushed, thus he over-extended himself before taking stock of the new situation (e.g., Lydia as a capable political woman, MC learning political maneuvering).

Ultimate Unoriginal Waifu / Queen (and others) Breakdown :

Dude, if anyone on your list, except for maybe Alessia, is still a virgin, you're doing it wrong... especially Lydia, who you pointed out is likely pregnant with MC's son.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
See, I don't think Lydia's been given the credit she deserves. If she and her family are part if a grand plot, then the most dangerous place to be is remaining at MC's side. It's been a week since Aristhenes' arrest (all of Roy's really short days and now a few "Two Days Later" skippage), and she has made no escape attempt for herself or her grandfather, to go warn/aid her brother, or her father, while having three days off from work. Instead she has consistently proved her loyalty, insisted to both Aristhenes and Aelinia that a married MC is family, and the most important member to her. She, along with both Aristhenes and Diana (who has no interest other than truth and justice in the whole ordeal), deny the validity of the revolt charges. And where do these charges come from? Felix, a soldier whose allegiance is dubious at best, citing witnesses whom we never see, and presenting easily forgeable evidence. There is also Isabella, who shares information ONLY when she or her father are accused, and only enough information to mitigate suspicion (by accusing Aristhenes, who's an easy scapegoat in prison), nothing more. Diana trusts the family, and she is certainly not naive or easily fooled, so I'm more inclined to believe her over a blonde bimbo and suspicious soldier.
Yeah, i don't believe her or Aristhenes had any plan to kill the King, or forcefully take over. That they had a plan for Marius is understandable...the King was getting old, poor health and his heir is known to be a catastrophe for the empire...pretty sure half the important people had one or another plan to deal with Marius.

As for Felix...i don't trust him at all, even Aristhenis is way more thrustworthy than him. His 'evidence' is completely untrustworthy and from his suggestions he is clearly involved in some plot, or playing his own game.

As I see it, like Juliana said, those traits of Valentina was always there. After all, she was the only one who had the courage of travelling the kingdom, she was always a bookworm etc. Her immaturity was blocking her to shine and after she became more mature her true self started to showing.
To a point, for example that she was training swordfighting was a new discovery for Helena, can't tell me she did that for years in the palace without anyone noticing. Also her lessons as stated at the begining were focused on things like music and being a good wife...let's just say her talents grew very fast in a span of days to a point where she should lead her own faction...

But what's the reason we can't side with her and make her queen?
You can, she is in the military faction.

the change to Aelinia was weird though. she is supposed to be very calm, collected and mature. easy Queen material. you could say that her father's death would affect her and change her a bit, but she said herself that she wasn't affected that much. her drinking didn't seem that serious at first, only a bit of rare wine tasting, while now she empties several jars by herself for no reason.
Yeah, even when you stay overnight with her, last thing in the evening is she drinking and the first thing when you wake up is her chuking on the next bottle...or to quote Lydia
Screenshot (1036).png
Screenshot (1038).png

Now, MC holds the reigns. He has very big secret, even though MC does not use it against him, he knows it's always a bargaining chip and also he is not that stupid, he is aware MC standing between him and whoever tried to assassinate his father. He has no real option. I also think Helena influenced him to be more cordial with MC. So he is not a pet of MC but pet of Helena. We do need to get rid of him but in due time, no immediate danger.
you really forgot tons of stuff... Marius began being nice to MC long before MC found out his secret. again, the change is massive and very sudden, for no reason at all. it was as if Marius suddenly fell in love with MC for no reason at all, even though we know that's not the case. now, Marius is nice because he thinks of MC as a friend, an accomplice even, not because he is forced to. his behavior clearly shows that.
it would have been better if there was a scene that shows why Marius changed his behavior.
The change is also completely understandable, Marius is completely and utter inapt, everyone knows, including himself.
Pretty much everyone is predicting either a assisination on him, a civil war or a power struggle if he takes over and the probable excetution of him and his family should they succed.

The MC as a heroic general is popular and has his loyal army, which is quite literally his lifeline and likely that of his family, it's no surprise that he sucks up to him when he realises the situation is getting serious, like his father health problems and overal strange behavior.

I don't believe Flavia hate MC, she seem to dislike men who lust after women for only sex. Knowing MC is seeing Eliana and how MC invite her out and with how she distrust men and to my guess men with power, she believe MC is only after her for sex. MC is confuse by her angry response without knowing the reason when he spoke with Princess Valentina and Katerina.
Eliana is a minor point as she tells her she is fine with her and the MC iirc.
Her hate comes mainly from whatever Felix did or tired and the MC being friends with him, also Isabella spreading rumors about being his spouse, but mainly Felix.

As for Marius as I already wrote, his important to MC is mostly cause his the Heir and the current Royal family is popular with the Kingdom people. Your right about King Aricellus had too many assassins after him and I want to believe our MC notice it would happen to him if he remove Marius from the Throne so instead took to the idea of co-Ruler which was given by Princess Valentina even tho she wanted the MC to rule alone knowing Marius will stupidly ruin the Kingdom to which she is right.
o, you don't get it.
it doesn't matter if they put a crown on your head. if some people don't agree with your taking over the throne, then they will target you. Aricellus didn't have legitimacy when he took the crown by force. The previous king didn't choose him as his successor, and he was not the heir. He used his army to take over, and used his wealthy supporters to buy as many haters as possible. Also, Aricellus was already married to Helena long before he even thought of taking the throne. so his marriage didn't add anything.
by keeping Marius, MC avoids all that, he gets legitimacy to rule, as his excuse is he is helping to grow the real chosen successor to become a great ruler. People know and trust MC because of his accomplishments. and the fact he didn't remove Marius adds to the illusion that MC doesn't really want power and is just there to help. Also, MC will marry the sister of the "real" ruler, who is also the daughter of the previous king, so he gets double royalty bonus, thus increasing his legitimacy by a lot.
i don't ignore your opinion, i just disagreed and argumented my point.

the moment MC removed Marius, there will be a fight for the throne even before a civil war. MC alone is enough to stabilize the west and east, he doesn't need Marius. MC commands enough respect and trust for that, alone.
and removing Marius means killing him or making him abdicate. the first case is pretty self explanatory and the consequences are clear. making him abdicate introduces a variable because then it should be Aelinia's husband that gets the legitimacy. and Marius can't choose when he quits.

we don't know how aricellus took the throne, we only know he didn't have legitimacy and it affected his rule until the very end.
Aricellus' beginnings as a kings was so illegitimate that he needed Aristhenes' power, and compromising with hostile governors to stabilize his rule. that's very bad. the worse start possible even. MC avoids all that, he gets legitimacy and power, no resistance from anyone. everyone wants to help and support his rule. and he doesn't need to worry about potential legitimate candidate that would pop up. why don't you understand that ?
You are way overestimating Marius worth and that of the legitimacy he provides.
Aricellus took the throne after the previus king died, how much struggle there was is unknown, same for how many factions did aim for power or how stable the realm was, but overall he seems to be seen as a good ruler.

As for the assasination attempts, as king there are always those which want to see him gone legitimacy or not, and reason for the latest attempts are unknown.
It could be a external foe like Avila/Brennus, inside foes like the always present power hungry nobels, or the rising unrest in the east, or maybe one of his bastard sons which hates him...has little to do with how he came to power or how legitimate he is.

There was also said that the hereditary rule was abolished because too many poor rulers, so someone outside of the current royality taking over shouldn't be strange.
Then there is also the roman history, succesful military leaders which took over where rather commen and also welcome and popular with the population.

The royal family is popular to a degree, mainly in the west, and that wouldn't protect them from assasination attempts, and wouldn't protect them if Marius took over, as mentioned, good possibility they be all dead then soon after.

Marius is viewed as an utter catastrophe, pretty much by everyone, that there would be a civil war if he dies is really unlikely. I'd bet half the important people in the empire have plans of how to get rid of him.
On the other hand, the MC is popular by the people and has the loyalty of the military and good friends with Nicabar. Add to that due to foes like Brennus and Avila i bet most important factions would rather support him (like they do) and try to influence him, than try to start a conflict.
So i really doubt there would be any civil war....would there people which would try to get rid of him sure, but this will be the case either way, that is always the case of rulers, even more so if a new one takes over.

In the first place, if you argue that Aricellus had no legitimacy and that being the reason that people try to kill him, than obviously neither Marius, nor his daughters hold any legitimacy either and the same people would still try to get rid of the MC even if Marius is co-ruler, or try to kill Marius.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
i think you forgot how Aelinia was at first. she only had a single glass of wine when MC was in the room. and a small glass, not a huge cup like now. she was not annoying at all, she had a strong personality, stubborn for sure, but calm, collected and mature. and she had very good insight in the other characters, and provided relevant and accurate information to the MC. she had progressive political ideas but was willing to compromise. she is the first princess of the biggest kingdom in the world, it is a given that she would have high esteem and pride for herself. also, she had zero jealousy.
but now all that is gone over night. very extreme change.
I don't think I forget anything. You mentioned she had zero jealousy but if you call what happened jealousy then she had that from the beginning. When first time she accepted MC's advances, you literally forced to accept she will always be the first one. Twice if you mentioned Kaylan. Like I said pretty early in the game. When MC mentioned about Lydia date she immediately gets angry and only accepts the date when MC said she won't choose Lydia over her and gonna cancel the date. Around the mid-game, when MC mentioned Estrid she gets angry again and after reassurance from MC about she always be in-front of Estrid and Estrid marriage is mainly political she gets calmer. She is still okay with sharing MC, only thing she can't accept that she won't be the first one, so Lydia marrying MC before her makes her angry again. This is very consistent from the beginning, no change there.
Cup size don't matter that much if you drink whole bottle. Valentina and Cassia always mentioned her drinking, she constantly drinks from early game too. Nothing changed there too.
You said she has very good insight in the other characters but she could not even assess her lady-in-wait, Valentina or Marius. She was sure Marius was behind the assassination attempts, it turns out nothing. Most of the time, what she said either was not true or did not add anything valuable to what MC knew.

Like I said, she did not change much. MC, through him also we, started to learn more about her and saw her in clear light, that's about it. Situation around her changed though, so it helped us to have a better opinion on her.

Yeah, Juliana introduced the fact that Valentina is book smart, Helena added that her daughter has a massive memory. but those were the beginning of the change. remember which chapter Juliana arrived ? :)
Valentina was not really immature, i think, it's just that she spoke her mind without a filter, and that irritated people.
and she didn't have the "courage" to travel the kingdom, she was sent away so she could meet MC, because she was obsessed with him, and she was annoying everyone by constantly talking about him. she got what she wanted, and everyone was relieved, win/win.
and her skills began showing because MC was next to her daily, so she could focus on actually helping and supporting him, instead of having fantasies about him.
The chapter that Juliana arrived is not what matters in what I said though. She built that opinion of Valentina much before than even MC arrived. As I said, Valentina is always like that, when Juliana learned more about her she noticed that. Remember MC's reply to Juliana, he was not aware Valentina's potential. So we weren't aware it either. MC learned more about her, as we did. Her only change was on her maturity and she is still struggling with it.
I am not sure you are even aware what you say, she did not forced to travel. Like you said she was insistent and her wish granted by her father. Even Cassia admit she was the that instigated that. Like you said her skills started showing but that is exactly what I said, she did not change expect growing mature which is not huge change per se, she was always like that and she started to show that. Thus, I am not even sure what we are discussing you are literally saying what I said.

you really forgot tons of stuff... Marius began being nice to MC long before MC found out his secret. again, the change is massive and very sudden, for no reason at all. it was as if Marius suddenly fell in love with MC for no reason at all, even though we know that's not the case. now, Marius is nice because he thinks of MC as a friend, an accomplice even, not because he is forced to. his behavior clearly shows that.
it would have been better if there was a scene that shows why Marius changed his behavior.
I did not forget but you did not even read what I wrote. If you read it again, I did not say he became nice because MC learned his secret. He was antagonising MC at the beginning because as he said he saw MC a threat to his reign. When he could not pacify MC and MC assert dominance over him, he changed his ways and tried to buy MC by offering any of his sisters. Even MC mentioned a few times nice Marius is worse than antagonising Marius. After that, when MC protected his father and them, found Cassia. He noticed MC was not a threat to him. He is not that clever so I assume Helena pushed him in that direction. After the lessons and MC saving him from Estrid, he started to become friendly to MC. As I said it, secret part comes really late in the game and after he became friendly to MC. Though, MC having that secret, at least subconsciously, effects him and he accepts MC's authority. One of the most important part of what I said, which you seemingly missed he noticed MC is the only protection he has right now. As MC said to Cassia, Marius and his whole family are under protection of MC. He knows that, Helena knows that, princesses know that so there is no reason for him to antagonise MC.
His change is not sudden or without a reason as I explained it twice already. You are saying there should a scene why he changed his behaviour but the scenes are all there, seems like you just missed them.

A small suggestion for you, before you dismiss others opinion and stuck to yours, read what they are saying. :)

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yes, she is a bit of an alcoholic and she is also showing that she is power hungry, at first I thought she would make a good Queen, but now I know that would not be a wise decision.
Yeah, not a good idea imo. Also one of her problems is that she thinks she has good ideas for the betterment of Caudium and how well she would be doing as ruler, want to be like Avila etc...except the realm doesn't accept female rulers or her radical ideas, her in power with her ideas would likely go down as well as Marius in power, if not even poorer.

But honestly her bitching and demanding attitude is what really annoys me, she behaves like the sun shines out of her ass (yet she hasn't done/provided anything of value, nor shown any qualitys which would make me want to choose her as queen), her being an alcoholic and losing her temper doesn't help.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
To a point, for example that she was training swordfighting was a new discovery for Helena, can't tell me she did that for years in the palace without anyone noticing. Also her lessons as stated at the begining were focused on things like music and being a good wife...let's just say her talents grew very fast in a span of days to a point where she should lead her own faction...
maybe I am not good at explaining myself. All of the characters are having responses to circumstances, they are growing, acting according to their situations etc. but none of them have huge character changes, nothing retconned for them.

For example Valentina. She raised as a princess, was not too important to Helena so she had relatively more freedom. She is a genius, extremely talented, persistent up to annoyance etc. these are all her character traits.

She believed being a good wife, learning music etc. would appeal to MC. So she tried to excel on that. Once she noticed MC was looking for mature, well mannered, self sufficient etc. in his significant other, she then focused on those. She changed her hair colour to please MC too. That is her character. So learning sword fight, getting maturity lessons, having political prowess, providing MC, using her sexuality etc. was all serving one goal.

Same goes for Aelinia, Cassia, Lydia, Marius etc. they have some goals and character traits and they are acting accordingly.

Another example is Marius, some say he changed too quickly. He did not, he has a goal that is being a king and giving safety for the people who care. He is hostile against everyone who he sees a threat to that, friendly to people supports them. He saw MC as a threat then acted accordingly then noticed MC was not a threat, so he changed his attitude. If MC align with East and choose let's say Lydia as his Queen then Marius will start to hostile towards MC again. He will become a thorn in his side and a problem he has to deal with.

While I started to create another brick, let's talk about Aelinia. She has a goal, being a prominent Queen. Anything works against this is a threat for her. She was okay with plotting against his father by aligning herself with Lydia. She was okay with sharing MC, she still is. Though, when Lydia married MC before her that is a threat for her being the Queen, that is why she lost it to both MC then to Lydia. If MC chooses her as his Queen she'll become early chapters Aelinia over again. So she did not change, circumstances did and she is acting accordingly.

For Cassia, I think people gonna be extremely surprise with her next chapter. Her goal is becoming the Queen and gaining everyone's admiration. If she notice she is not getting any of that then she will be mad at MC. We will probably see bigger response than Aelinia or any others. I am sure after her angry response, people will say she changed too much. Though she would not, she will be just acting according to her character.

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes