El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
why do you want to avoid those scene? I'm genuinely curious
The answer is quite easy, BlasKyau clearly wants to avoid lesbian scenes. Not everyone wants to see that. I don't like it either.:)

I didn't play this game again since a long time ago, because the MC being a soldier, even a great general if I remember correctly, behaved like a scared child at times, it didn't make any sense.
But now that I go around here again, I see that there are already lesbian scenes, so it's definitely not for me.;)

Last edited:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
why would you reject them? :D they are very low maintenance with no jealousy.
Yeah...not really, i like Flora but she really pisses me off with her bitching and fighting with Estrid, every single time and always it's her who started it. I get she's a bit moody for being held 'capative', but she wasn't hurt and Estrid apologised several time...seriusly i hope we get the choice to dicipline her.

As for the widows
Tullia is a slut, she can stalk someone else for all i care.
Diana just no interest, more of the same plotting.
why would you hate that ?
For one i dislike lesbian content, in this case it was because i rejected Aelinia and still got that scene...i rejected her for a reason you know and Kaylan just pissed me off in that scene...
There's also the reason that both scenes don't make much sense if you are not on the path with all the involved LI's.
Ok, if to avoid those two scenes I have to avoid those three LIs, then that's what I'll do.
Yes, but imo Kaylan is one of the best LI's in the game, it's really a waste to reject her and you won't be forced on a Aelinia path nor will there any more forced scenes like that.
I just skip the scene grudgingly...thought i'd wish itroy would finaly add some choice to reject the scene...

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
why do you want to avoid those scene? I'm genuinely curious
I don't like lesbian scenes, and I especially hate when they end in a threesome.

The answer is quite easy, BlasKyau clearly wants to avoid lesbian scenes. Not everyone wants to see that. I don't like it either.:)
Exactly

Yes, but imo Kaylan is one of the best LI's in the game, it's really a waste to reject her and you won't be forced on a Aelinia path nor will there any more forced scenes like that.
I just skip the scene grudgingly...thought i'd wish itroy would finaly add some choice to reject the scene...
These types of scenes annoy me a lot. And if to avoid them I have to get rid of that LI, even if she's the main one, the best one or the one who, if she starts a romance with the MC, will save the universe, then I will do that.

fajiker145

Jan 25, 2024
Yes both scenes are still in the game, one with Aelinia + Lydia and one Aelinia + Kaylan (in both scenes the MC is involved).
Both scenes are forced, if you are on Aelinia path or the one with Aelinia+Kaylan even if you are only on Kyalan path...
Afterwards you are asked if you want that again by Aelinia and Lydia iirc, i really hated that update.

Well, as you can neither choose a faction or the queen yet i can't say for sure.
But i don't think it will prevent a large harem. For queen/faction choice you are warned that your queen will obviously support her own faction and will be pissed if you are choosing in favor for the other faction and that some girls will likely be pissed at you for not choosing them as queen, but nothing about girls leaving the harem if you don't choose their faction.
But any hope he changes it??? I reckon it didnt make sense to have a threesome with alina when in Kaylan route and not on alina's. Does Alina just likes to participate in random threesomes?? And it is just badly written scene makes you dislike Kaylan

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
But any hope he changes it??? I reckon it didnt make sense to have a threesome with alina when in Kaylan route and not on alina's. Does Alina just likes to participate in random threesomes?? And it is just badly written scene makes you dislike Kaylan
No idea, maybe if he reworks the old chapters ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, first you reject Aelinia several times, than you have a random threesome with her, Aelinia still being virgin, also Kaylan being mad at the MC doesn't even happen if you don't have the princesses in the harem...the scene makes zero sense.

Same if you are on the Aelinia path but not on Lydias, you know, even when you pursue Lydia she ain't going to sleep with the MC until you agree to marriage, but reject her and she is all up for a threesome out of the blue, also virgin...also both scenes are never mentioned again if you are not involved with all LI's participating :rolleyes:

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Yeah...not really, i like Flora but she really pisses me off with her bitching and fighting with Estrid, every single time and always it's her who started it. I get she's a bit moody for being held 'capative', but she wasn't hurt and Estrid apologised several time...seriusly i hope we get the choice to dicipline her.

As for the widows
Tullia is a slut, she can stalk someone else for all i care.
Diana just no interest, more of the same plotting.

For one i dislike lesbian content, in this case it was because i rejected Aelinia and still got that scene...i rejected her for a reason you know and Kaylan just pissed me off in that scene...
There's also the reason that both scenes don't make much sense if you are not on the path with all the involved LI's.

you forgot the part where Flora's people where conquered and slaughtered by Estrid's army... :) Flora's family was killed by Estrid's, and then she was sold to MC's country. now that she thinks of MC as family, being in love with him and all, she will feel protective of him after Estrid behaved like an enemy, triggering obvious traumas. it's not that Flora got tied up, but also that Estrid tried to ambush MC as an armed group of 5 warriors.
MC forgiving Estrid easily doesn't mean that there is no consequence for her actions. what is more surprising is that Valentina let it slide so easily though.

MC is also a slut :D Tullia is just a horny guy inside a girl's body.
For Diana, you could have a good reason to drop her if you prefered her daughter as we had to choose one or the other before. now it seems that split choice is going to be nullified depending on the faction we choose, which is a pity.

even if you rejrected Aelinia romantically, you could still just have sex with you LI and have fun with her joining you. doesn't mean you have to make it a regular thing or that you are now committed. Also, if you were on Kaylan's path, then she is forced to share you for a lifetime, and that scene makes it so she makes you share her too for a bit. though it would have been better if the player was allowed to just walk away. but threesomes are a very common fantasy, so the dev probably thought the vast majority would not even consider skipping the scene. it saves a bit of dev time :D

the scene with Aelinia and Lydia came out of nowhere though. especially since it is very possible that both can still be virgins at that point, so it should be very unlikely that they jump into a threesome as their first time, especially since Lydia is not completely loyal to Aelinia. it is weird that she would resist giving up her virginity in private with MC while easily forget about it in that scene.

yeah, Kaylan is great. but i think she will have other threesome scenes. both scenes with Drusila then with Eliana are very likely to happen.

• Sad
Reactions: LordSinner

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
No idea, maybe if he reworks the old chapters ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, first you reject Aelinia several times, than you have a random threesome with her, Aelinia still being virgin, also Kaylan being mad at the MC doesn't even happen if you don't have the princesses in the harem...the scene makes zero sense.

Same if you are on the Aelinia path but not on Lydias, you know, even when you pursue Lydia she ain't going to sleep with the MC until you agree to marriage, but reject her and she is all up for a threesome out of the blue, also virgin...also both scenes are never mentioned again if you are not involved with all LI's participating :rolleyes:
200% ! those scenes are really incoherent in regards to the story and the characters.
though Kaylan in chapter 11 does reference her scene indirectly by saying she knows the princess and could discuss with her for an alliance. and then is open to a threesome with Eliana, meaning she was converted after her first time experiencing it.

Reactions: Raziel_8

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
i think the justification was that she was pretty drunk, and if you're not on her path she is a virgin so she never had threesomes before, only a bit of girl on girl with Lydia. And i'm pretty sure Aelinia would not just give up her virginity for that kind of event, just because she is drunk.
I guess the scene was written for a harem route only, and the dev had to add the other possibilities as an afterthought and save on the renders. but he should only allow the scene if we are on both LI's path at the same time, and have taken Aelinia's virginity first and promise marriage to both beforehand.

fajiker145

Jan 25, 2024
i think the justification was that she was pretty drunk, and if you're not on her path she is a virgin so she never had threesomes before, only a bit of girl on girl with Lydia. And i'm pretty sure Aelinia would not just give up her virginity for that kind of event, just because she is drunk.
I guess the scene was written for a harem route only, and the dev had to add the other possibilities as an afterthought and save on the renders. but he should only allow the scene if we are on both LI's path at the same time, and have taken Aelinia's virginity first and promise marriage to both beforehand.
Right, as it is right now it doesnt make any sense. But dev doesnt give a fuck apparently

Reactions: HiP1

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
so 2 years on what? i saw nothing new lmao
nothing to major indeed,felt like a normal update but i am more off a story enjoyer so renders quality's isn't something i look into especially if they are subtle

haven't really anyone say it was worth the wait or the opposite
IMO it wasn't worth the year but dev will do what devs do and my opinion shouldn't really matter much as im not subscribed or anything like that

Reactions: Pgabriel23

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
So we got some new mechanics introduced this chapter and the game reiterated the different factions/Queens we could choose from. That’s nice in its way, but hopefully in the next chapter we can actually put these things into effect. If they hold off on choosing a queen/faction after next chapter it’ll just be tedious.

Reactions: GoldenEyeDrake
Jun 16, 2022
Well, I just got done with the update, and I will say that the wait wasn't exactly worth it, but I do like the appearances a lot more with certain characters like Aelinia, Helena, etc. It's not so much that I'm knocking on the developer for trying something new to improve his project, but it's more so, because I enjoy playing this game A LOT, and it's been very consistent with their updates, that any deviation from the norm was upsetting.
Bottom line, I am ecstatic that To be A King is back in action and in my rotation of games to play from this site. The content of the update is fine. Not great, not bad. Just a straightforward recap of the factions, their members (most of them) and noticeable benefits for being the chosen one, as well as the potential to choose another deity for Caudium to follow instead of Anna, which I will not choose differently.

As for the factions, I think I will go with the Military (Order of the Gracchi)-Eastern Provinces combo with Kaylan or Lydia as my queen. I would consider Alessia, but I don't personally know enough about her character, even though I trust Lydia's assessment that she is well-received within the eyes of the public and is a calm soul, which is the opposite for choosing Estrid as queen.
The rich and poor/military WILLINGLY teaming up together sounds like a ruler's wet dream for a foundation for peace and unity in a kingdom with so many factions. Also, this option doesn't seem to indicate that the Eastern Provinces/Order of the Gracchi will not aid the Western Provinces in their times of need, so I'm satisfied.
This is not even including the spy network headed by Alessia and her partner, as well as the trading network controlled by Diana, which both with be extremely crucial (information gathering and major supply lines) in the Queen Avila war that is already happening, and the King Brennus campaign I will absolutely undertake in the future. I'm not worried about the Danes as long as I can secure/expand in the east, I will have enough to deal with the Danes if they get too unruly, despite my marriage with Estrid (sorry honey).
The only concern I have is Lydia and her family's loyalties during times where their ideals won't always be at the forefront of my mind, and how they respond if such decisions happens too many times. That spy network and Lydia's family being spread out in so many political positions can take me down. Thank god for the military I guess, if we can keep them happy.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Well, I just got done with the update, and I will say that the wait wasn't exactly worth it, but I do like the appearances a lot more with certain characters like Aelinia, Helena, etc. It's not so much that I'm knocking on the developer for trying something new to improve his project, but it's more so, because I enjoy playing this game A LOT, and it's been very consistent with their updates, that any deviation from the norm was upsetting.
Bottom line, I am ecstatic that To be A King is back in action and in my rotation of games to play from this site. The content of the update is fine. Not great, not bad. Just a straightforward recap of the factions, their members (most of them) and noticeable benefits for being the chosen one, as well as the potential to choose another deity for Caudium to follow instead of Anna, which I will not choose differently.

As for the factions, I think I will go with the Military (Order of the Gracchi)-Eastern Provinces combo with Kaylan or Lydia as my queen. I would consider Alessia, but I don't personally know enough about her character, even though I trust Lydia's assessment that she is well-received within the eyes of the public and is a calm soul, which is the opposite for choosing Estrid as queen.
The rich and poor/military WILLINGLY teaming up together sounds like a ruler's wet dream for a foundation for peace and unity in a kingdom with so many factions. Also, this option doesn't seem to indicate that the Eastern Provinces/Order of the Gracchi will not aid the Western Provinces in their times of need, so I'm satisfied.
This is not even including the spy network headed by Alessia and her partner, as well as the trading network controlled by Diana, which both with be extremely crucial (information gathering and major supply lines) in the Queen Avila war that is already happening, and the King Brennus campaign I will absolutely undertake in the future. I'm not worried about the Danes as long as I can secure/expand in the east, I will have enough to deal with the Danes if they get too unruly, despite my marriage with Estrid (sorry honey).
The only concern I have is Lydia and her family's loyalties during times where their ideals won't always be at the forefront of my mind, and how they respond if such decisions happens too many times. That spy network and Lydia's family being spread out in so many political positions can take me down. Thank god for the military I guess, if we can keep them happy.
you could also take a queen from the faction you didn't choose. even if it upsets your allied factions quite a bit, it also could pacify the faction you didn't choose :D the game forces us to choose sides, even though as a politician, it would be more beneficial not to choose anyone, and just really listen to their problems, because that's exactly what they all want. a sincere ear from the king. they think it is enough to influence MC to make him act like they want as he would have less input from the others.
honestly, a council of advisors with 2 to 3 from each factions, instead of just one single royal advisor, would be more beneficial for everyone. Valentina is probably a genius when she is not entirely focused on bedding MC, so we could ask her to set something up around that idea :D
there is no guarantee that the alliance of the Gracchi with the other factions will hold over time. so a council of queens could be fun too, one from each faction. MC could ask them to drop their loyalty to their faction, and pledge to himself and the kingdom, while still asking them to manage their former faction and giving them authority and autonomy to do so. I bet Aelinia and Lydia, at least, would jump on that opportunity

the other leader of the spy network might be either Felix (would be fun as he is supposed to be with the military faction) or Rashida

having Estrid as queen could be a play for the short term and also for the very long term. that moves shows respect to the Danes, and they will keep the alliance much longer, and more importantly, if you have a son, then he is a candidate for the Danes throne, so Caudium could get their whole territory without war :D

as for the dev time, i think it was worth it this time because the render engine will be unreal 5, and it should be able to do comparable renders in real time with better flexibility instead of having to launch long renders in Daz. Also, there might be more assets available. So, it should allow much faster updates for the next chapters.

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
I'm somewhat disappointed in the MC again. Valentina has proven many times now that she's smart, loyal, can plan ahead and can adapt. Her mother constantly badmouthing her in front of us and MC doing nothing. Seriously for a great general he acts like a wet noodle sometimes.

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes