Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

So, some good news. Render marks are all in the story, which I should have anticipated wouldn't be something that took only a couple of hours. It was an estimated 3535 renders for Chapter 6. Yeah…Massive. Then I looked at splitting it into 3 parts. Long story short, I better filled out a first half of Chapter 6 with some additional scenes, and that got us up to over 4400 renders total (I don't even want to look at what this took the word count up to).
Unless progress is very rapid, my plan now is to split Chapter 6 into three separate releases, as it would have no impact on overall development time. I anticipate my beta team will also rejoice at this news. Even in 3 parts, this thing has 3 releases the size of Chapter 5, which everyone seems very pleased was plenty of content for a release. So, good news is that most everything is ready for rendering for what will now be Chapters 6, 7, & 8. I am sure I will find a few tweaks here and there once I begin chapters 7 & 8, but I have plenty of content already written for those.
I needed a few additional models for Chapter 6 (thought I was done, but must have forgotten to note a couple of new characters in my to do list). Those are done, and we have started on game renders! Nothing fun to show yet but soon. Also, make sure you vote in the patron-only poll for new characters ( and ) that will be introduced in Chapter 6. I don't want to say too much about either character's role just yet, but you will want to place your votes. I ended up with several extra models, and I have no preference or specific look I'm trying to achieve for these new characters. So you, if you're a patron, go and vote. I plan to try to get a few more polls in for future chapters too.
I am still blown away but the quality improvement with these new Genesis 8.1 models from Daz. The base changes aren't anything to write home about, but the new textures for their latest character releases are phenomenal. Still not Blender quality, but damn impressive from where they were a few months ago. For new characters the last few weeks, I've been going with those figures instead of my typical Genesis 8. I'm not switching over existing characters yet, but may invest the time after this mega release is behind me to convert my existing Genesis 8 models. The big improvement has been in the new skin textures, and, since I am done with existing characters getting skin transplants, I may not see as big of an improvement with existing characters.
Other than that, it's been doing more videos for the YouTube channel, with that list growing by the day. Always a good thing to have plenty of options there. The computer has been stable, as has the NAS, so hopefully those problems are behind me for a bit. That's it from me this week. Things are moving along nicely.

----------

Construct

Oct 31, 2018

So, some good news. Render marks are all in the story, which I should have anticipated wouldn't be something that took only a couple of hours. It was an estimated 3535 renders for Chapter 6. Yeah…Massive. Then I looked at splitting it into 3 parts. Long story short, I better filled out a first half of Chapter 6 with some additional scenes, and that got us up to over 4400 renders total (I don't even want to look at what this took the word count up to).
Unless progress is very rapid, my plan now is to split Chapter 6 into three separate releases, as it would have no impact on overall development time. I anticipate my beta team will also rejoice at this news. Even in 3 parts, this thing has 3 releases the size of Chapter 5, which everyone seems very pleased was plenty of content for a release. So, good news is that most everything is ready for rendering for what will now be Chapters 6, 7, & 8. I am sure I will find a few tweaks here and there once I begin chapters 7 & 8, but I have plenty of content already written for those.
I needed a few additional models for Chapter 6 (thought I was done, but must have forgotten to note a couple of new characters in my to do list). Those are done, and we have started on game renders! Nothing fun to show yet but soon. Also, make sure you vote in the patron-only poll for new characters ( and ) that will be introduced in Chapter 6. I don't want to say too much about either character's role just yet, but you will want to place your votes. I ended up with several extra models, and I have no preference or specific look I'm trying to achieve for these new characters. So you, if you're a patron, go and vote. I plan to try to get a few more polls in for future chapters too.
I am still blown away but the quality improvement with these new Genesis 8.1 models from Daz. The base changes aren't anything to write home about, but the new textures for their latest character releases are phenomenal. Still not Blender quality, but damn impressive from where they were a few months ago. For new characters the last few weeks, I've been going with those figures instead of my typical Genesis 8. I'm not switching over existing characters yet, but may invest the time after this mega release is behind me to convert my existing Genesis 8 models. The big improvement has been in the new skin textures, and, since I am done with existing characters getting skin transplants, I may not see as big of an improvement with existing characters.
Other than that, it's been doing more videos for the YouTube channel, with that list growing by the day. Always a good thing to have plenty of options there. The computer has been stable, as has the NAS, so hopefully those problems are behind me for a bit. That's it from me this week. Things are moving along nicely.

----------
ITRoy sure knows how to build up hype for this upcoming update.
What I‘d like to know is if the 3 parts are going to be released when their renders are done or if we are looking at a schedule of something like 1 Part per month? Depending on this I‘d decide if I play the update immediately after they release here or if I wait for all three parts to be done and then play a big chunk of content.

godoff95

Mar 15, 2018

----------
Finally, the queen!

_Maou_

Jun 2, 2018
Dinah-Debut.jpg

Your winner for the new character Poll #1 ( wraps up tomorrow). All in glorious 4K. A reminder that the runner up in the poll will also get a scene in one of the upcoming chapters.
Support the game:

_Maou_

Jun 2, 2018
Flavia-Intro.jpg

Here's your runner up for the new character poll that ended last night. Normally this wouldn't matter, but I promised to find a spot for her in a future release. Just so happens she will be in Chapter 6, even with the split. Welcome Flavia to the To Be A King universe.
Support the game:

_Maou_

Jun 2, 2018
Alessia-Reveal.jpg

The winner of our second new character poll - Alessia. Thank you to everyone who voted! I'll have more polls for future chapters, for sure. I really enjoyed this, and I hope you all did too!
Support the game:

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
View attachment 1263063

Your winner for the new character Poll #1 ( wraps up tomorrow). All in glorious 4K. A reminder that the runner up in the poll will also get a scene in one of the upcoming chapters.
Support the game:
View attachment 1263067

The winner of our second new character poll - Alessia. Thank you to everyone who voted! I'll have more polls for future chapters, for sure. I really enjoyed this, and I hope you all did too!
Support the game:
I gotta say, ITRoys Patrons have good taste :D

Also big thanks to Ben_Dover_ for posting all this stuff here. I myself am not really following any patron pages and would otherwise miss out on all those juicy renders!

_Maou_

Jun 2, 2018
Habs-Celebration1.jpg
Habs-Celebration2.jpg

What a week. It was very nice to see lighting be much easier after all I work I put into improving the environments between Chapter 5 and starting Chapter 6. I'm sure I'll rip it all out soon enough. For now, it is working well without much noise or lack of light where I need it. As far as game renders, I had to take a bit of a step back due to work and family commitments this week, but I'm back at it normally this weekend.
I got to work on some fun experiments, both in Blender and Daz. It's amazing how daunting a new UI can feel. I remember when Daz was like that. "Why are there 4000 buttons?!" One experiment was one I wasn't sure I could pull off. I've posted enough renders of it here that the cat is out of the bag on this one, and I don't care. I was able to make Queen Helena look much younger for a flashback scene in Chapter 6. Some of you will criticize me for teasing her well before Chapter 6's release, but, if you think that, it's like you don't know me at all. Torturing everyone between releases is what I do! LOL
Other than that, not much new to report. Standard grind now of posing and rendering images for all these scenes. Chapter 6 should keep you nice and busy when it gets its release. Have a great weekend!
P.S. I planned to show off a render from Chapter 6, but, after the Canadiens win last night, I had to do these two renders instead. Chapter 6 preview images coming soon.

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes