ITRoy

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
I'm not sure if this has been reported to you, but there is one slight bug I have noticed.

The text, when it goes to three lines instead of two, often gets hidden behind the menu buttons at the bottom of the screen. I can usually figure out what was said, but this is something you might want to look into. It really breaks immersion.
I have the menu at the bottom of the screen hidden to prevent that.

ITRoy

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
How did you do that? I looked in the options to see about turning that off but didn't see anything. Did I miss something?
I turned it off in the game's code. That is the way I packaged it. If you are using a mod or grabbed it from a site other than mine, someone may have changed that.

Apr 27, 2021
Can't wait for future updates, this is really a great game. I love the "gameofthronish" atmosphere, and I love the storyline. Kudos to the dev.

Reactions: ITRoy

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

Who knew that a 69 scene release with a lot of new environments would take extra time to prep? Good news is that progress is steady. I've got two major things done - the model for the entire city of Caudium and the model for the palace complex. Both of these have several buildings, custom road paths, custom landscaping, and some other key things that were needed to make it feel like an actual place. Much more work than a normal environment, but definitely worth it as my characters can walk the streets of both places now without me having to be extremely careful with angles and mixing assets to try and fake something. I learned quite a bit too during this process. Everything was done in Daz, which was a bit of a challenge, but still fun to do.

A few environments remain, as well as a few new characters I need to finish work on. Other than that, just finishing up the initial code for Chapter 6 and another run through the script to check for issues is all that remains before renders start. Maybe my next game should just take place in a single building with like 8 characters.

The Q&A went well with a lot of great questions. If you missed it, . Not sure when my next Q&A will be, but feel free to drop any questions in my Discord's Q and A channel. If you enjoyed the new characters introduced in Chapter 5, they all will be back with multiple scenes for Chapter 6. That's all from me for now. I'll be back next week with another update on progress!

Oh wait! That image up top is of another new character you'll meet in Chapter 6, Priscilla. Still another model left to reveal. May save that for the game itself though.

-------

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
So thankful that this will include a Harem. I could barely settle for one woman in this game.

Beast161616

Apr 7, 2020

Who knew that a 69 scene release with a lot of new environments would take extra time to prep? Good news is that progress is steady. I've got two major things done - the model for the entire city of Caudium and the model for the palace complex. Both of these have several buildings, custom road paths, custom landscaping, and some other key things that were needed to make it feel like an actual place. Much more work than a normal environment, but definitely worth it as my characters can walk the streets of both places now without me having to be extremely careful with angles and mixing assets to try and fake something. I learned quite a bit too during this process. Everything was done in Daz, which was a bit of a challenge, but still fun to do.

A few environments remain, as well as a few new characters I need to finish work on. Other than that, just finishing up the initial code for Chapter 6 and another run through the script to check for issues is all that remains before renders start. Maybe my next game should just take place in a single building with like 8 characters.

The Q&A went well with a lot of great questions. If you missed it, . Not sure when my next Q&A will be, but feel free to drop any questions in my Discord's Q and A channel. If you enjoyed the new characters introduced in Chapter 5, they all will be back with multiple scenes for Chapter 6. That's all from me for now. I'll be back next week with another update on progress!

Oh wait! That image up top is of another new character you'll meet in Chapter 6, Priscilla. Still another model left to reveal. May save that for the game itself though.

-------
No worries take your time. What is your discord my guy?

Nov 23, 2020
Any update of the walkthrough would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what the stats do or which one causes reputation loss or gain.

van321

Jan 7, 2021
Any future plans where MC tries to build relationship with Eliana(bartender)?
That also raises some questions about polygamy/polyamory in the Kingdom of Caudium. Just multiple wives (i.e. Brigham Young)? Can a man have multiple wives AND concubines (i.e. Imperial China)? Just one wife and multiple concubines (i.e. Roman Empire)? One consort, multiple wives, and multiple concubines (i.e. Ottoman Empire)?

I raise in case it has not been decided because it has story implications. If you agree to become engaged to Kaylan, but later on also decide to become engaged to one (or more) of the King's daughters (maybe if King Aricellus raises MC to noble statis), how marriage works in this world could decide how Kaylan reacts to the news, either angering her by reducing her to a concubine (and maybe ending her path unless you didn't get engaged to her initially) or promising her that, while she could not be consort due to her low-born status, she would remain one of your closest confidants as another wife.

In any case, Eliana would make for a great concubine option.

Reactions: Casper52

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
That also raises some questions about polygamy/polyamory in the Kingdom of Caudium. Just multiple wives (i.e. Brigham Young)? Can a man have multiple wives AND concubines (i.e. Imperial China)? Just one wife and multiple concubines (i.e. Roman Empire)? One consort, multiple wives, and multiple concubines (i.e. Ottoman Empire)?
Since we are promised a harem experience and two women already said they don‘t want to be degraded to concubines, I assume it would be a multiple wife scenario, with possible concubines, as there seem to be a lot of new women being introduced. There is the possible marriage with the princess of the Danes in discussion too... would be sad to disappoint all these ladies.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bernd L and _Maou_

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Since we are promised a harem experience and two women already said they don‘t want to be degraded to concubines, I assume it would be a multiple wife scenario, with possible concubines, as there seem to be a lot of new women being introduced. There is the possible marriage with the princess of the Danes in discussion too... would be sad to disappoint all these ladies.
Not all of them are main LI's, some/most are side characters, or u can have a fling with them. At least thats what Roy said, in his last Q&A on his youtube-channel. IIRC there will be only 1 or 2 more main LI's added that's it.

Reactions: uhhhok

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Not all of them are main LI's, some/most are side characters, or u can have a fling with them. At least thats what Roy said, in his last Q&A on his youtube-channel. IIRC there will be only 1 or 2 more main LI's added that's it.
Well, that sounds like the barmaid was a fling. The princesses and Kaylan are obviously main LIs. Maybe Estrid as well? Not sure about her. Lydia is probably a supporting character to Aelina. Who else do we got? I doubt the goddess is going to be a main LI :LOL:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Well, that sounds like the barmaid was a fling. The princesses and Kaylan are obviously main LIs. Maybe Estrid as well? Not sure about her. Lydia is probably a supporting character to Aelina. Who else do we got? I doubt the goddess is going to be a main LI :LOL:
I really hope Estrid becomes a main LI, aside from her, probably a new character we will meet at that festival.

Reactions: Construct

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
This game has one of the most intriguing plots I’ve seen on this site. Attempting multiple routes and saves to see where each will lead. Right now I think the Aeliana route is probably the most prudent/advantageous/rewarding, unless MC agrees to marry Estrid for sake of the kingdom. OTOH there is what seems to be the straight love route with Kaylan. Too bad you can’t, like reading a book, turn to the last page to see the outcome!

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Multiple-Lights-Tutorial.jpg

Druscilla-Preview2.jpg

A VERY productive week. The massive environments for the whole city and the palace ran into some snags when the city scene crashed my system trying to render it. Yep, I spoke too soon last week. I did have everything laid out, and the full palace environment did render. However, the city environment needed a lot more optimization, and I went ahead and took care of the palace too so I don't run into problems there later. It took me a bit of digging to figure out where my issues were and how to fix them, but I got things vastly more optimized. We are good to go with both of those without cutting any corners. In addition to that, all the new environments should be done for Chapter 6 (barring any last minute changes or things I forgot to add to my to do list when I wrote the script).
I'm finishing up my HDRIs today for everything. The first step for those was to render the different images I needed. A total of 300 renders were needed. Then I had to create the HDRI images in Photoshop by combining those (100 total!). Final step is plugging these into the different environments and making sure everything lines up as it should. It's been a grind with these HDRIs, but doing testing last night and today with them to see what they looked like made it worth it. Now, when you look out a window, you are seeing exactly what is around that particular room or building instead of something I hope you don't notice the modern stuff in the background. HDRIs will be needed for any future environments I create, but since there usually aren't many of those per release, that is much more manageable than the massive catch up work I had to do here.
I still need to finish up some code, the final new characters for Chapter 6, selecting my music, and a final script check before renders start. It is taking a bit longer than I originally expected, but I did end up adding a lot more than I planned. A ton of new assets were purchased, existing things were better optimized, and I have things, like the city and palace full environments, that will pay off very nicely in the future. I'm extremely happy with the new stuff and some improvements that I made to existing items. It feels good to have all this wrapped up (or very close to being so). If you all only knew the hours that goes into each release…
Enjoy a couple of new renders up top, and I'll see you all in the dev update next week!

---------

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes