Deleted member 770309

Jul 23, 2018
Yeah i think Nicabar said Marius is like Commodus.
I think he meant to say, there will be wars, mistrust, murders and at the end killed by the own guard.

No Caudium is/was located in mid/south Italy and ingame (unter history) it is stated that Rome was rebuild and the barbarians driven behind the borders, so i think it is safe to say that Rome belongs to the Kingdom.

IIRC the kingdom of King Brennus was located in between the Kingdom of Caudium and the danes.
Judging by the location and name (King Brennus) i'd guess they are Gauls, so located in France/east France.

The common 'enemy' of which the danes as well Caudium is wary of are the Rus, they should be located in nord-west russia

Then we have Queen Avila and her country Libani, which the MC faught and won before.
I think Valentina as well as Kaylan both mentioned they could stay at Judea or Syria if the MC goes east, so i assume it's located somewhere where the Lebanon is today.

All that together and i would say Caudium is a really large kingdom, compareable to the old roman empire
Commodus was not even killed by his own guard though he was poisoned and then got killed by his private wrestler.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Commodus was not even killed by his own guard though he was poisoned and then got killed by his private wrestler.
Ah right he got strangled, iirc the commander of the praetorian guard and one mistress of him were involved thought.
And a few years earlier his sister and a few others tried to kill him, i can see that happen to Marius, seeing his relation to Aelinia.

Last edited:

Deleted member 770309

Jul 23, 2018
Ah right he got strangled, iirc the commander of the praetorian guard and one mistress of him were involved thought.
And a few years earlier his sister and a few others tried to kill him, i can see that happen to Marius, seeing his relation to Aelinia.
I can seem him getting stabbed to death by his own men or getting left for dead in battle.

Casper52

Mar 20, 2021
Not necessarily, but either way first marius needs to die, or the king suddenly selects mc as his heir...but that seems unlikely.
Yes marius need to die at the end but if marius die in the middle of the story, there is no fun
Now comes the fun part, where there will be power struggle between MC and Marius while Aristhenes on your side, it will be fun to see how marius tries several plots and traps for MC and how MC overcomes it.
It will be more fun to see, when marius gets capital punishment or death sentence bcoz of his plots when it gets revealed, where MC himself decides his punishment. How cool it can be!

Last edited:

Deleted member 770309

Jul 23, 2018
U copied the dialogue of king. How dare u!!!!
Well in a way yeah cause what he says is true but there are many ways he would die he could cause a Civil war get hanged by his own people poisoned or like i said before killed by his own men in battle or left for dead there i can just see him pissing people off.

Reactions: J.Buttler

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yes marius need to die at the end but if marius die in the middle of the story, there is no fun
Now comes the fun part, where there will be power struggle between MC and Marius while Aristhenes on your side, it will be fun to see how marius tries several plots and traps for MC and how MC overcomes it.
It will be more fun to see, when marius gets capital punishment or death sentence bcoz of his plots when it gets revealed, where MC himself decides his punishment. How cool it can be!
Depends on how the story goes, if the mc becomes king early on, the focus could be on the threat from outside forces, or political intrigues from marius old faction, factions which are against the mc/his politics.
Maybe Marius manages to flee and shakes hand with some other country to reclaim the throne, or Marius in the end, was just a puppet for other powerful player.

Personaly i would like it, if Marius becomes king and there will be a civil war.

Well in a way yeah cause what he says is true but there are many ways he would die he could cause a Civil war get hanged by his own people poisoned or like i said before killed by his own men in battle or left for dead there i can just see him pissing people off.
Marius being good at pissing people off ? not possible :ROFLMAO:
But yeah, most off the important characters are pissed off by him.
That's including his sister Aelinia, which he pretty much threatened, with what he will do to her when he is in power, or his other sister Cassia, if she finds out that he was behind the kidnapping.
MC & Nicabar the most renowned generals, with the 2 largest armys and MC being the commander of the kingsguard.
Marius has no talent/experience in war, strategies or diplomacy, add to that, being deceitful, his greed for power and hybris.
I think Commodus had a safe work environment, compared to Marius.

But it will be interesting to see, which fate awaits him and who will be the executor.

Deleted member 770309

Jul 23, 2018
Depends on how the story goes, if the mc becomes king early on, the focus could be on the threat from outside forces, or political intrigues from marius old faction, factions which are against the mc/his politics.
Maybe Marius manages to flee and shakes hand with some other country to reclaim the throne, or Marius in the end, was just a puppet for other powerful player.

Personaly i would like it, if Marius becomes king and there will be a civil war.

Marius being good at pissing people off ? not possible :ROFLMAO:
But yeah, most off the important characters are pissed off by him.
That's including his sister Aelinia, which he pretty much threatened, with what he will do to her when he is in power, or his other sister Cassia, if she finds out that he was behind the kidnapping.
MC & Nicabar the most renowned generals, with the 2 largest armys and MC being the commander of the kingsguard.
Marius has no talent/experience in war, strategies or diplomacy, add to that, being deceitful, his greed for power and hybris.
I think Commodus had a safe work environment, compared to Marius.

But it will be interesting to see, which fate awaits him and who will be the executor.
Well Commodus was loved by the Normal people since he hated the senate and got rid of there power and he was loved by the troops for skill his combat skill. Marius on the other hand has no skills other than being a good manipulator he could go far but his pride and being unwilling to listen to the advice from veterans will get him killed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raziel_8

van321

Jan 7, 2021
Definitely a hidden gem! The renders are fantastic, the plot is intriguing, and the writing is well done. Once animations are added, it will be even better!

My only complaints are it currently plays more like a kinetic novel (want the girl or don't want the girl?) when the plot surrounding palace intrigue is a perfect setup for branching paths, and it seems as though the skills don't really play a role yet (i.e. with more branching paths, certain dialogue choices only being available (or working) with a certain Fear skill, or Respect skill).

Casper52

Mar 20, 2021

I am optimistic about this, lets say if Marius manages to flee, he is definitely join hands with Rus(which Estrid mentioned) and not with Brennus bcoz he himself wants 2 front war.
And if Marius becomes king and civil war breaks out, then it will be interesting to see which ways Aristhenus swings, knowing that he has Alliance with MC, will he bare fruit or betray MC, i am quite sure that Aristhenus will not risk his position or marius dies in the civil war.
**I would love to see 'Lydia' turing out into an excellent spy, reason MC will be going to eastern province and Aelinia needs someone to send info to MC about political affairs, where i think Lydia comes handy.

Reactions: Azsouth

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jul 13, 2017
To Be A King (v0.5.1) - Cheats + Gallery + Walkthrough Mod

Devloper : ITroy

Game Version : 0.5.1
Mod Version : 0.5.1

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Download :

Cheat/Gallery/Walkthrough Mod :
Mega

Only Cheat Mod : Mega

Only Gallery Mod : Mega

Only Walkthrough Mod : Mega

Pc With Cheat/Gallery/WT. Mod : Mega

View attachment 1145013 View attachment 1145014 View attachment 1145015 View attachment 1145016 View attachment 1145017
I have a couple of issues with the mod...

First one: it threw an error when I tried to start the game... worked when I ignore, but still... Traceback below...

Then, when I went to the cheats menu, and tried to look at "more cheats", it threw this error at me...

Gonna try the version with the mods preinstalled, but... Being on Linux, it may still blowup on me. lol

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

Another week spent writing, but it was more productive. I did quite a bit of writing this week for what is shaping up to be a very large release. Short of anything being added to fill out the story (or possibly cut as we go through renders), we should have 68 scenes in total for Chapter 6. I have 21 scenes remaining to write. Once the writing is done and goes through a couple of reviews (which are usually fairly quick), that will leave adding sounds/music, some extra code, creating the new art assets needed, and the renders themselves. No ETA yet, but I can confidently say that I do not expect this to take anywhere near as long as it took between Chapters 4 and 5 (six months) to get Chapter 6 released, despite its massive size.

Chapter 6 is going to tie up a few smaller plot points, as well as introduce some interesting new characters and developments. I expect us to be locked into larger releases from here on out as I do not want to do releases that focus only on a couple of love interests while leaving the others out. I'm enjoying covering a good amount of ground for each release, even if it adds a few weeks to development time.

Other than writing, I have been looking towards the future again. I am planning a release on Steam at some point, though I'm not sure exactly when. After Chapter 6, I will have a very large VN, so time to see what options I have on Steam at that time.

That's it for me this week. The preview at the top is a new character that you'll meet in Chapter 6. Hopefully I'll be starting on renders in the near future, and can share some nice things there. Have a great weekend, everyone!

---------

zainon

Jan 27, 2021
if the crown prince become the king their kingdom is done. if my guess is correct then he's already a perfect puppet. he's way too hotheaded to be a cunning person after all. haha

Last edited:

Lucian Light

Oct 10, 2017
Reading all this comments looks like im the only one that loves the younger princess i just love her sure she needs to be more mature but we can already see some progress im sure she gonna be the perfect wife.

Also amazing game can't wait for next update!!

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Reading all this comments looks like im the only one that loves the younger princess i just love her sure she needs to be more mature but we can already see some progress im sure she gonna be the perfect wife.

Also amazing game can't wait for next update!!
Out of the 3 princesses i can only see Aelinia as the ''perfect wife''.
The other two lack maturity, Valentina is way too needy, Cassia too focused on her social standing and dresses, Aelinia has actual knowlege about politics and how to run the kingdom, personally i also find her the most likeable out of the 3...thought, i really want Estrid, the viking princess :love:

Yeah ITRoy is making a real good story, i was really surprised at how big this update was and how much the story progressed.

Last edited:

MadLad Nomad

Jul 16, 2020
any chance/plans of Animations being added to the game eventually?
I really love and appreciate Animations in games :)

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
I think this is one of those games where, once it's done, you may go back and play the whole thing again to get to the desired end. So many early decisions and trade offs to be made, and you don't know what the effect will be further down the line...or even 2 scenes later.

If you have played all the way through to the end of current version you have a pretty good idea of who the evil doer is.....but are there other characters aiding & abetting the process? I look forward to a big surprise at the end.

PipeLayer2000

Dec 24, 2020
Why isn't this game more popular? I just happened to stumble upon it from seeing someone's "games I'm playing" list and the renders looked great, so I tried it. This is a really engaging story, IMO, and the ladies are beautiful. Too beautiful, actually. I can't so no to any of them. And that is even before you really get a shot with the lady in waiting. Great game, Devs!

Alteni

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018

Another week spent writing, but it was more productive. I did quite a bit of writing this week for what is shaping up to be a very large release. Short of anything being added to fill out the story (or possibly cut as we go through renders), we should have 68 scenes in total for Chapter 6. I have 21 scenes remaining to write. Once the writing is done and goes through a couple of reviews (which are usually fairly quick), that will leave adding sounds/music, some extra code, creating the new art assets needed, and the renders themselves. No ETA yet, but I can confidently say that I do not expect this to take anywhere near as long as it took between Chapters 4 and 5 (six months) to get Chapter 6 released, despite its massive size.

Chapter 6 is going to tie up a few smaller plot points, as well as introduce some interesting new characters and developments. I expect us to be locked into larger releases from here on out as I do not want to do releases that focus only on a couple of love interests while leaving the others out. I'm enjoying covering a good amount of ground for each release, even if it adds a few weeks to development time.

Other than writing, I have been looking towards the future again. I am planning a release on Steam at some point, though I'm not sure exactly when. After Chapter 6, I will have a very large VN, so time to see what options I have on Steam at that time.

That's it for me this week. The preview at the top is a new character that you'll meet in Chapter 6. Hopefully I'll be starting on renders in the near future, and can share some nice things there. Have a great weekend, everyone!

---------
thnx for sharing !

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Why isn't this game more popular? I just happened to stumble upon it from seeing someone's "games I'm playing" list and the renders looked great, so I tried it.
IIRC this game was more of a side project before, ITRoy worked with Thunderline Studios at their main project ''Last Call'.
There were some irl circumstances (job related iirc) for Roy and he left the former project, thought i think he is still giving some training for their 'new' artist.
The updates were a lot smaller before, i think the 0.5 update was as big (or nearly as big) as the other 4 updates together and there was also a larger time gap beetwen 0.4 and 0.5.

I hope real life is treating Roy a bit more lenient now and that it works out for Thunderline Studios, both are good games.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 81 Votes