Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Then you are so fine .. girls really like spending time with you in this game.
The babes are not shy to pursue their man through fire and high water.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Loved the 2nd Goddess Anna scene. Basically the dev talking to the player and was exactly the questions that'd been bothering me since the Queen asked which daughter the MC was interested in. Even assured us she'd send no maenads after us.

yea especially val.
Yeah...she scares me a tad, definite 'Misery' vibes. Though Aelinia does as well with her 'none before me' insistence, particularly after mentioning Lydia to her.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Yeah...she scares me a tad, definite 'Misery' vibes. Though Aelinia does as well with her 'none before me' insistence, particularly after mentioning Lydia to her.
well val wants mc to herself and ael is willing to share him as long as she is number uno.

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
What's eliana_lover? It's never set, but it's checked and does have a default. Should that be aelinia_path? There's also a eliana_path default, but that's never used for anything. Not just the spelling is confusing. =)
the game checks for flag eliana_lover to check if MC is interested in her but in the game code it adds the flag Eliana_lover.

tebifej911

Aug 22, 2021
well val wants mc to herself and ael is willing to share him as long as she is number uno.
You're absolutely wrong, it looks like you haven't even played the game. Valentina clearly says she is willing to share. After all, this is a harem game, so sooner or later that's what's going to happen to all women, meh.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
You're absolutely wrong, it looks like you haven't even played the game. Valentina clearly says she is willing to share. After all, this is a harem game, so sooner or later that's what's going to happen to all women, meh.
i have played since versions ago. even if she's willing to share she still wants mc mostly for herself.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
ch6s80queenthanks14.jpg

Now that I'm laying the groundwork for Chapter 7, let's talk about some key events for the chapter. No spoilers here, I promise, unless you REALLY don't even want a broad strokes outline of what we will see in Chapter 7. If that is you, go ahead and close this window. However, if you have yet to play Chapter 6, go ahead and skip this post until you've had a chance to finish that. I do recap a couple of things that happened in Chapter 6, and I'd hate to have you pissed at me for revealing those before you played.

But before we get into that, let me say that Chapter 7 needs a bit more work on the story than I thought. I'm finding that some scenes are needing to be reworked, some just trashed altogether, and several new scenes need to be written. This isn't horrible, as I am still able to salvage most of what I wrote for Chapter 7. But it does mean I'm not just jumping right into renders on it, as I make sure the story is well developed, balanced, and paced well. I will ultimately have added some scenes, and massively restructured the outline for Chapter 7. With many key decisions coming up for you, it's time to make sure those are well-paced and not all dropped in a single chapter or two.

With the festival out of the way, we are starting to near my second part of the game. I've divided the game into 3 major parts in terms of story. I can't say more than that without giving things away, but part 1 will be our longest. There is so much of the world and characters to setup and introduce so that you, the player, can make informed choices you won't regret in later chapters. A lot still needs to happen for this story to play out, and please remember that you are only getting small parts each release. I appreciate everyone's speculation and theories. Nothing wrong with that at all. But don't judge a story based on a few small scenes in a chapter. You have the opportunity to make things work out well, though not without obstacles. There is no game over scenario here, though likely some endings that are more desirable than others.

In Chapter 7, you'll be making some choices in regards to love interests, as we still have a few left to add or reject. All love interests have now been introduced in the story, however. Some of these you'll be waiting for a bit longer because we just aren't at that point yet with the character. You have the matter of Queen Helena's lustful advances in the last chapter to contend with here, especially since the King is still very much around. Speaking of romance, your choice of whether to marry Kaylan, if you were on her path, in Chapter 5 starts to have a significant impact in other areas. This is a choice that quickly snowballs to bring about a range of other choices for your character in quick succession. And if you aren't on Kaylan's path? Well, princesses start to demand a bit more of you, leading to some other choices.

You'll discover some other problems in the kingdom that may prove very problematic in future chapters. These problems have been hinted at, but they begin to really take shape over the next two chapters. The question will be whether you realize their importance or not. Just when it seemed that things might be settling down. Among these problems is what to do about Prince Marius, which I doubt is a surprise to anyone. You'll discover some things about the Prince that complicate matters. Oh, and there is a very unexpected change in your circumstances inside the palace that is either going to improve things or exacerbate existing tensions.

To round things out, you spend a lot more time with the King, leading you to some very interesting revelations. Princess Estrid begins to take center stage since a decision on that front needs to happen very soon. Before the royal ball, Princess Valentina shows another side of herself that will open up some very interesting plot developments over the next few chapters. And what about things at the tavern? Hmmm, maybe some things happen there too.

There is still a lot of story left here, and I've expanded a few plans in order to make things a bit more interesting for us in much later chapters. But don't worry! I've also reigned in a few things I had planned that were just going to make this story a bit too complicated to tackle. One thing is for sure - we aren't far from events potentially overtaking our beloved general. I'm reminded of a phrase I heard years ago: "Great changes are soon to take place in our world. The final movements will be rapid ones."

---------

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
View attachment 1383626

Now that I'm laying the groundwork for Chapter 7, let's talk about some key events for the chapter. No spoilers here, I promise, unless you REALLY don't even want a broad strokes outline of what we will see in Chapter 7. If that is you, go ahead and close this window. However, if you have yet to play Chapter 6, go ahead and skip this post until you've had a chance to finish that. I do recap a couple of things that happened in Chapter 6, and I'd hate to have you pissed at me for revealing those before you played.

But before we get into that, let me say that Chapter 7 needs a bit more work on the story than I thought. I'm finding that some scenes are needing to be reworked, some just trashed altogether, and several new scenes need to be written. This isn't horrible, as I am still able to salvage most of what I wrote for Chapter 7. But it does mean I'm not just jumping right into renders on it, as I make sure the story is well developed, balanced, and paced well. I will ultimately have added some scenes, and massively restructured the outline for Chapter 7. With many key decisions coming up for you, it's time to make sure those are well-paced and not all dropped in a single chapter or two.

With the festival out of the way, we are starting to near my second part of the game. I've divided the game into 3 major parts in terms of story. I can't say more than that without giving things away, but part 1 will be our longest. There is so much of the world and characters to setup and introduce so that you, the player, can make informed choices you won't regret in later chapters. A lot still needs to happen for this story to play out, and please remember that you are only getting small parts each release. I appreciate everyone's speculation and theories. Nothing wrong with that at all. But don't judge a story based on a few small scenes in a chapter. You have the opportunity to make things work out well, though not without obstacles. There is no game over scenario here, though likely some endings that are more desirable than others.

In Chapter 7, you'll be making some choices in regards to love interests, as we still have a few left to add or reject. All love interests have now been introduced in the story, however. Some of these you'll be waiting for a bit longer because we just aren't at that point yet with the character. You have the matter of Queen Helena's lustful advances in the last chapter to contend with here, especially since the King is still very much around. Speaking of romance, your choice of whether to marry Kaylan, if you were on her path, in Chapter 5 starts to have a significant impact in other areas. This is a choice that quickly snowballs to bring about a range of other choices for your character in quick succession. And if you aren't on Kaylan's path? Well, princesses start to demand a bit more of you, leading to some other choices.

You'll discover some other problems in the kingdom that may prove very problematic in future chapters. These problems have been hinted at, but they begin to really take shape over the next two chapters. The question will be whether you realize their importance or not. Just when it seemed that things might be settling down. Among these problems is what to do about Prince Marius, which I doubt is a surprise to anyone. You'll discover some things about the Prince that complicate matters. Oh, and there is a very unexpected change in your circumstances inside the palace that is either going to improve things or exacerbate existing tensions.

To round things out, you spend a lot more time with the King, leading you to some very interesting revelations. Princess Estrid begins to take center stage since a decision on that front needs to happen very soon. Before the royal ball, Princess Valentina shows another side of herself that will open up some very interesting plot developments over the next few chapters. And what about things at the tavern? Hmmm, maybe some things happen there too.

There is still a lot of story left here, and I've expanded a few plans in order to make things a bit more interesting for us in much later chapters. But don't worry! I've also reigned in a few things I had planned that were just going to make this story a bit too complicated to tackle. One thing is for sure - we aren't far from events potentially overtaking our beloved general. I'm reminded of a phrase I heard years ago: "Great changes are soon to take place in our world. The final movements will be rapid ones."

---------
Reading this, I expect a headache when it comes to decision making. Even though I know it‘s a harem, but all this talk about obstacles makes my imagination run wild. Worst case scenario could be, that it‘s beneficial to turn down some love interests initially to get a better outcome in the long run. This outline also sounds like that the Mc will stay in the palace and will not go to the east. Or maybe I misinterpreted that? I‘m also worried about Kaylan, since the decision to marry her might soon have a major impact. Glad to hear that Estrid gets more attention. If it comes to it, I‘d have a really hard time deciding between her, Kaylan and the princesses. Atleast the queen will not make a fuzz about things, given her position… right?

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
This outline also sounds like that the Mc will stay in the palace and will not go to the east
That seems like kind of a given. It doesn't strike me a particularly practical or interesting to play out a months long Roman-era military campaign in a VN primarily concerned with building a harem, espcecially when you can't bring most of them with you. I guess you could time skip it, but that ultimately ends up as the same result, aside from a few lines from NPCs about you being gone for X number of months.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
This outline also sounds like that the Mc will stay in the palace and will not go to the east. Or maybe I misinterpreted that?
If the MC goes there it's not up to the player to decide but since royal couple need the MC's help in the castle so I don't think the MC will go east either.

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
That seems like kind of a given. It doesn't strike me a particularly practical or interesting to play out a months long Roman-era military campaign in a VN primarily concerned with building a harem, espcecially when you can't bring most of them with you. I guess you could time skip it, but that ultimately ends up as the same result, aside from a few lines from NPCs about you being gone for X number of months.
I had the same concerns about it being boring, but in my mind I could justify it with just enough possible content to make it happen. Then again, it wouldn‘t have all too much to do with being a king if you aren‘t even in a palace for the better half of the game.

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
I think it could work if the game had leaned into that direction from the start. There might have even been provision for combat/strategy related miinigames (although personally I typically abhor VN minigames). But I can't really see it working with the existing narrative. And it seems like the pieces are in place with the Danes for it to be a non-issue anyway, since an alliance with them removes the need for sending a force north and frees up Nicabar to be sent east in the MC's stead. That probably requires Nicabar as an alternative suitor for Estrid if the MC declines.

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
*Sigh
It will be better if MC is the king from the start just like Ryen from renruu.No one objecting because you are a king.:(i will be disappointed if I need to turn down some of the girls

Reactions: bruce555

Xabder

Feb 10, 2021
If the MC goes there it's not up to the player to decide but since royal couple need the MC's help in the castle so I don't think the MC will go east either.
plus i don't think that the queen will let the mc go to the east since she has other plans with him :sneaky:

Reactions: Sorrow85

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
plus i don't think that the queen will let the mc go to the east since she has other plans with him :sneaky:
yea marrying val or ael. besides beheading marius.

*Sigh
It will be better if MC is the king from the start just like Ryen from renruu.No one objecting because you are a king.:(i will be disappointed if I need to turn down some of the girls
harem is guaranteed but who will be on it isn't known yet.

• Sad
Reactions: Genji
3.90 star(s) 81 Votes