K18

Apr 19, 2018
ch7s3valentinalessons01-alt.jpg

Dev Update #44
What a week! I survived an ice storm, and did not lose power. So that was a good start. It's still a bit cold here, but we did have some melting for a few days. Thank goodness for a chiropractic appointment midweek because shoveling has shown how out of shape I am.

The dog is still adjusting, and she now has the run of downstairs with the cats kept upstairs. That arrangement is going smoothly, though the cats are less than thrilled sometimes. Every so often I have a nose shoved under my arm with a demand for rubs.

Story tweaks are still happening somehow. But it is nice that I'm not having massive changes. Just tweaks as I go and some re-arranging of scenes. So far, I've resisted the temptation to nuke Caudium and end the game that way. Render progress is slower than I'd like, but lighting has at least been easier. For whatever reason, (schedule, day job, lingering burnout), I'm not able to just power through quickly. I've been doing extra breaks to ensure I don't make anything worse here.

closes tonight to choose the final LI, but the winner is clearly decided there, short of massive voter fraud being discovered. I've received your notes of disappointment that more MILFs aren't in TBaK as love interests, and I hear you. The issue I've got is that a ton of love interests massively lengthens the story, even if I do it so that not every LI gets screen time per release. It appears that the younger ladies are the most popular (#ExceptVal). However, this doesn't mean there won't be some random sexual encounters that could happen with older women you've met and have yet to meet. Balancing the sexual encounters is definitely one of the bigger challenges now. Especially since there are a large portion of players who really just want their preferred lady.

The other fun challenge is that some character arcs are just much more interesting to me personally, and therefore easier to write and keep me motivated. I'm here to make the game I want, but I also do want to balance that with feedback and player preferences. With so many characters, I am going to need to start taking more of a TV show episode approach - some chapters will focus much more on some characters than others.

Have a great weekend, everyone, and enjoy the preview above! Poor Valentina always seems to have some challenge. Just wait until she meets some people close to the MC in this next chapter.

Last edited:

K18

Apr 19, 2018
LewdPixels-Transparent-Render-Post.png

Dev Update #46
I hope those of you who like the YouTube content have been enjoying the increased amount of videos. There are still a few more to come, including a look at Daz Studio 4.20 (the jokes write themselves!). I've got some others in the early planning stages, so I may be doing a few more product spotlights here soon to fill things out. Found some really nice stuff in my library the past week or so.

As far as To Be A King, what a ride that has been. I appreciate a certain dev who lent me his ear on some questions I had about structuring it with renders and content going forward. TBaK is such an enormous time investment, even when things go smoothly. I am constantly looking at ways to improve things, especially renders and script writing, the #1 and #2 time commitments on the game, by far. I'm creating presets for poses and expressions for the different characters, which will drastically help scene setup later. With my day job really taking a good 40+ hours per week lately, and being more taxing during those hours, I am looking for every way I can to still get out long releases without spending so many hours working on them.

To that end, there will be some changes in my development process here for Chapter 7, and, if this works out, in the future. I'm hoping I can cut a good chunk of my dev time per release, but we will see. I'll be converting the ladies over to Genesis 8.1 here as I go through development. Usually takes about an hour or so now per lady, so not a big additional amount of time. I have the characters for the first six scenes already converted, along with one model that comes later (these aren't new models). This process also gives me the opportunity to attempt to solve some issues I've had with the models, and that is the main reason I'm spending any time on it.

Still way too early for an ETA, but I'm hopeful it happens early to mid-April. It's been way too long, and I appreciate everyone's patience. New progress graphic should be posted by the weekend.

Let's end this with a pupdate. She is still settling in, and she definitely feels the need to herd us. The cats and she are getting along as well as, um, cats & dogs. We are going to meet with a trainer here soon to see if we can get on a path to get everyone to co-exist that doesn't require them to stay on separate floors of the house, separated by gates. Every now and then, when I'm at my desk, I feel a dog nose shoving my hand up so she can be petted. She might also qualify for the title of "Laziest Border Collie."
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes