Unity Abandoned Too Much Light [v0.5e Max] [Shinekuku]

3.70 star(s) 52 Votes

NeoGenesis

Jan 3, 2018
If Patreon being suspended and the dev not getting paid out is the issue, couldn't the dev announce this on his patreon or here and reroute game support into another platform like subscribestar to be able to receive funds from supporters ?

TGreatsadness

Oct 26, 2019
If Patreon being suspended and the dev not getting paid out is the issue, couldn't the dev announce this on his patreon or here and reroute game support into another platform like subscribestar to be able to receive funds from supporters ?
I have been around from the start and I strongly doubt that Shine hit the wall with this game. In the beginning there were lots of updates on the progress and he/she was a lot more active on commenting to us on the overall development. Gradually after each update there was less and less communication. I think that being a solo developer just burned Shine out and developing this game isn't nearly as fullfilling for our degenerate needs as it was in the beginning.

I'll be here cheering and waiting for any future updates. Not really blaming Shine for possibly dropping this. It had potential but too much work for a lone developer.

NeoGenesis

Jan 3, 2018
I have been around from the start and I strongly doubt that Shine hit the wall with this game. In the beginning there were lots of updates on the progress and he/she was a lot more active on commenting to us on the overall development. Gradually after each update there was less and less communication. I think that being a solo developer just burned Shine out and developing this game isn't nearly as fullfilling for our degenerate needs as it was in the beginning.

I'll be here cheering and waiting for any future updates. Not really blaming Shine for possibly dropping this. It had potential but too much work for a lone developer.
If that is the case would be nice if he/she can put together a small team to share the load, as the amount of support the game gets is generous enough for that if I uses basis from other game developers/teams.

Reactions: crappypoo

starkurt

Oct 23, 2017
If that is the case would be nice if he/she can put together a small team to share the load, as the amount of support the game gets is generous enough for that if I uses basis from other game developers/teams.
for a grand per month there is no way u can afford a team for game development. And you also should have skills to work in team.

NemesisOfLife

Jan 4, 2022
for a grand per month there is no way u can afford a team for game development. And you also should have skills to work in team.
this game started in 2020... u r telling me that a grand per month is not enough? only 3 h-animations and 5-6 gallery cg were implemented in 2 years,, do the math yourself and wake up.. as for the payment issue, that's just an excuse

Last edited:

RisenKill

Feb 20, 2021
this game started in 2020... u r telling me that a grand per month is not enough? only 3 h-animations and 5-6 gallery cg were implemented in 2 years,, do the math yourself and wake up.. as for the payment issue, that's just an excuse
Yes, a grand a month is not enough. In most western country you can barely live with an income of one grand a month. Once the Taxman and Patreon had their cuts you can be happy if you are left with two thirds of that grand. And you want the Dev to hire someone else to work on a project that barely covers their own bills?
Do you even know how much a good game Dev costs? Doctor Google says that one game developer can have an average income of 91.000 Dollars a Year. So I do not know what kind of math you are doing, but you better stop doing it.

Also there is the fact that the Dev is (if I remember correctly) Russian. And since the Invasion last year western sites like Patreon stopped doing pay outs to Russian creators because of the sanctions on Russian Banks. So that means that for the last Year there was next to no money coming in from this project and the Dev (probably) had to get a job to be able to pay the bills.

NeoGenesis

Jan 3, 2018
The skill part yeah, tho I did not mean actually hiring a game dev / 3d expert. I mean working together with those that see a future in the game and would love to share the load while splitting the income.

Note : am just basing this from other small h-game teams on the site that has more or less the same amount of support.

starkurt

Oct 23, 2017
Do the math - idk what have been made since first release and I doubt that it has a grand per month since the beginning. I'm not defending this project, I'm telling about hiring team to develop a game. As for content made and speed of development - man just look at more massive projects developed by teams from the start now earning nearly 10k per month releasing 3-h animations and 5-6 gallery cg in 2 years, while they have all resources to complete it in that period.

tontoman

May 4, 2017
I have no idea how long it takes, skill requirements etc. But the look of this game and the polish easily outdoes many other games WITH a team. So maybe lots of the time go there.
But doesn't matter to me either way, I have no money in the game, so no reason to bitch on the time. Just sad we don't have more.

Trigard

Jan 10, 2019
I have a request, if your comment is mainly malicious remarks and unnecessary taking it out on the creator, then do not publish it. Shinekuku reads the forum and I doubt malicious comments will help. If someone thinks that the game can be done faster, then do this game faster :D. Dev hasn't given up on the game as far as I knows, so don't bring her down any more. I'm not saying to write colorful comments that praise her, but it's enough to spare those that nail the coffin.
Sry for english.

Trigard

Jan 10, 2019
you can always play around with photoshop:sneaky:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Kpacc

Lala1256

Dec 20, 2022
I also had high hopes for the game!
The character is very well done, the environment is also fine, and even the story could have been used for anything!
Of course, there must be a reason why the development stopped, but unfortunately I couldn't find any information about it.
It would have been a good game, it's a shame!
I've been watching the game for quite some time, to see if there will be any progress, but unfortunately nothing!

mpticar32

Jun 2, 2021
I also had high hopes for the game!
The character is very well done, the environment is also fine, and even the story could have been used for anything!
Of course, there must be a reason why the development stopped, but unfortunately I couldn't find any information about it.
It would have been a good game, it's a shame!
I've been watching the game for quite some time, to see if there will be any progress, but unfortunately nothing!
Developer is from Russia. War between Russia and Ukraine, restrictions given to Russia and so on... Development is still going on but slowly.

3.70 star(s) 52 Votes