Unity Abandoned Too Much Light [v0.5e Max] [Shinekuku]

3.70 star(s) 52 Votes

crappypoo

Feb 17, 2020
i think its a pretty good game compared to most products on this site. development is ultra slow on almost every single game i like on this site so calling out Too Much Light as if its some exception is not really fair.

Kalyskah is a great game, but if i desperately needed it to be finished and skyrim quality im gonna be emotional and say dumb stuff like ppl are saying about TML.

WildLife, much the same. Breeder of Nephylm, also. Every good game, dev is slow. game dev is slow, think big steam titles.

scam is now an opinion word. there is a product, how have you been deceived? what contract was broken? did the dev break some explicit promise (this wouldn't even necessarily be a scam). the threshold for using the word scam is far too low, you guys have garbage for brains.

Moron1

Dec 18, 2019
We have another thread about fallen doll, where a large team earns thousands of dollars, but for several years they have done almost nothing. And we have this thread where there is only one person, works despite the problems with sites such as boosty and Patreon. So, where is the real scam? Some people began to throw the word scam into every project, that they are not satisfied with at least something.

crappypoo

Feb 17, 2020
so your argument is that you posted an update to f95zone and the dev didn't, therefore im refuted about the scam language? not impressed personally, good luck with the appeal to 'having posted a progress report, therefore .. something' argument.

edit: oh i almost missed the appeal to post count, therefore im wrong about people using a poorly constructed definition of scam. another solid point

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

DankanJones

Jun 9, 2018
The point is we are 4 months without any report about the game. Shine is here, watching us and nothing is done. The last Release Date is 2022-11-23, on Patreon 2022-12-17... "Hi guys! Just want to share latest changelog: - Added weapon sound after the last bullet is fired.- Added cloth pressure modifier". Two Goals reached and that is it. Anyone can go there to see how much was earned in this project to see this in a 0.5e version...

NitroSM

Dec 1, 2018
The first interaction was Apr 30, 2020, there is almost 3 years to develop a 0.5e version. Is a huge fact... The game is good, but its more like a scam.
its indeed a scam
Indeed the dev time is concerning. But...
You only scammed yourselves if you threw money at a random lesser known dev with very early concept builds and then get upset that the progress isn't ideal.

When I said the progress is slow, I'm not just talking about the time between updates (USUALLY big meaningful updates take longer). The small changes between many of the updates plus the amount of time between them currently does show really slow progress.
Also only 1 dev. So expectations for timely updates should be kept lower.
There's a lot of potential in this game. It just might not appear anytime soon.
This game is still very early alpha with many things missing. These are just facts and people that look at this project should understand what they might be getting into.

One of the reasons if I was a lone dev, I woudln't choose the Patreon sub type model. It puts certain expectations and pressure.

TL;DR
Only blame yourself for paying for super alpha games.
Progress is slow because it has been tiny bite size updates over a long dev time.
Game has potential, but awaits to be seen.

Trigard

Jan 10, 2019
I think a lot of people who spent too much like the money were reassured by the option of lifetime access to the latest version if, for example, your contribution to the project exceeded $30-50 in total. As in case of

I'm not surprised that many people are disappointed, but still, I wouldn't write this game off.

Reactions: NitroSM

xlegendgame

Nov 23, 2020
Indeed the dev time is concerning. But...
You only scammed yourselves if you threw money at a random lesser known dev with very early concept builds and then get upset that the progress isn't ideal.

When I said the progress is slow, I'm not just talking about the time between updates (USUALLY big meaningful updates take longer). The small changes between many of the updates plus the amount of time between them currently does show really slow progress.
Also only 1 dev. So expectations for timely updates should be kept lower.
There's a lot of potential in this game. It just might not appear anytime soon.
This game is still very early alpha with many things missing. These are just facts and people that look at this project should understand what they might be getting into.

One of the reasons if I was a lone dev, I woudln't choose the Patreon sub type model. It puts certain expectations and pressure.

TL;DR
Only blame yourself for paying for super alpha games.
Progress is slow because it has been tiny bite size updates over a long dev time.
Game has potential, but awaits to be seen.
not a big deal on my end got all the time the dev can take is time to make something great as for now the game good no bug no lags good optimised on the demo zone

NitroSM

Dec 1, 2018
anyone know if the dev is still working on the game or no??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Probably? Can only judge based off patreon posts. Last post was Dec 2022. Looking at history, there are posts with 3 month gaps and times where there's multiple in a month or 1-2 times per month.

Reactions: zz7989
3.70 star(s) 52 Votes