Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
well that was due not suitable redhead actress.
Sure, nothing at all to do with the fact they are replacing many characters in stories that were previous white with minority actors for the sake of representation.

There are many red headed actresses they could have chosen but that wouldn't be inclusive and not really how Holywood works right now.

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
I have a question, and I know it's off topic but I don't know where else to ask it:

I am more and more narrowing my adult game consumption down to games that have a great story - to the point that I start wondering if F95 is the right place to look.
But I don't know of any other forums that can compete.
There are some VN sites, but they all seem to focus on anime/manga style stories, and I really really like the beautiful renders we see in stories like this one.
So my question is: Does anyone know of another place to go hunting for good games/VN's for adults?

If you don't want to hog the thread, feel free to DM me. Again, sorry to take the thread astray.
The very same happens to me

• Love
Reactions: Moosica

kotte

Feb 11, 2018
Here's a thread with some story-focused games. Browse the whole thread as the OP is only listing those games that meet some very specific criteria but people often suggest other games that don't exactly fit in that list and you could find them interesting
Thanks! That thread was a real gem!
And the fact that so many of my favourite games were already there, just serves as a stamp of quality...

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Shit. I hate this game right now. I decided to catch up on a couple of weeks of game downloading and wanted a quick play of something entertaining this morning. I forgot this one was all complicated and thought provoking and intricate mystery. I didn't want to have to THINK! I wanted throw away nonsense.....damnit. Gonna have to play this later though, it got me back into the plot. Have to go find something light and meaningless fun in my latest updates for now. ;) :ROFLMAO:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Sure, nothing at all to do with the fact they are replacing many characters in stories that were previous white with minority actors for the sake of representation.

There are many red headed actresses they could have chosen but that wouldn't be inclusive and not really how Holywood works right now.
well they are bringing up ethnicity (what's opposite of whitewashing?) and replacing former white blonde princesses with non-white etc princesses.

yes there are suitable redheaded actresses but either wrong ethnicity or bit too old or other various (more or less dumb) reasons.

Reactions: junior366
Dec 11, 2021
hi,

played straight male, cannot identify with others..

found it really entertaining, that sandbox is also not too annoying actually.

I found also the writing style interesting and new, felt like a book, not the normal name + text thingy..

Writing is also really good.

The H.P. Lovecraft quote lets me hope there will be some cosmic horror mystery etc...

Seems like I don't have much do complain, bummer.

Thanks and good luck

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
hi,

played straight male, cannot identify with others..

found it really entertaining, that sandbox is also not too annoying actually.

I found also the writing style interesting and new, felt like a book, not the normal name + text thingy..

Writing is also really good.

The H.P. Lovecraft quote lets me hope there will be some cosmic horror mystery etc...

Seems like I don't have much do complain, bummer.

Thanks and good luck
Never read Lovecraft. Could you share the quotes please ?

Regards

Reactions: Dysphorika

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Never read Lovecraft. Could you share the quotes please ?

Regards
REALLY????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just google/whatever is your fav search engine chulthu lovecraft.
This will not give me the quotes though.
The Lovecraft quote is the one at the end of the video that plays at the end of Ep0.

Tlaero
"The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination."
H.P. Lovecraft

I believe THAT is what was requested... not google instruction, where to find in game or anything else, my friends.
Hope this helps you Turlek, my friend.

I am aware of whom H.P. Lovecraft is and enough about Cthulhu to be totally creeped out by the mere mention of either name but I am no fan of that stuff by any stretch of the imagination. I kept waiting for someone to just post the fucking quote for you but today I got so damned curious myself that I had to go look it up however it only shows up for your first ever play of the game so I had to dig up the intro video from the image folder in the game files to find it. There it is across the top of this message... Enjoy:devilish:(y)

"The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination." is a fascinating quote despite the source being one seriously sick and twisted individual... kind of reminds me of a quote by Friedrich Nietzsche...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Honestly, I think old H.P. stared into the abyss a bit too fucking long! Hahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Adventure ever on my friends, Phat:devilish:(y)

PS: There is no malice implied, inferred or otherwise intended here. Just a little sarcasm on something I thought would be easily answered before I had to spend 45 minutes doing research... Peace out, Phat;)

Last edited:

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Yeah, Mortze added that quote to the video. I didn't remember what it was. The video should play every time you finish Ep0 though, not just on your first playthrough.

Tlaero

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Yeah, Mortze added that quote to the video. I didn't remember what it was. The video should play every time you finish Ep0 though, not just on your first playthrough.

Tlaero
I loaded the game, clicked start, selected a new character and started the game... How long IS Ep0 anyway? (I've made all three LI's plays for the male thus far and only saw the video once...) I made it all the way through the investigation scene, didn't see a peek of the intro video and figured it would be quicker just to retrieve the quote from the game files... I was right! If the intro triggers after all of that then it is late for its own party!!! Hahahahahahahahahahaha:ROFLMAO: Anyway... I'm just surprised no one thought to provide the actual quote in their reply, hence my reply today and my overtones of sarcasm. No malice intended... Just struck me as odd is all...

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:devilish:(y)

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
"The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination."
H.P. Lovecraft

I believe THAT is what was requested... not google instruction, where to find in game or anything else, my friends.
Hope this helps you Turlek, my friend.

I am aware of whom H.P. Lovecraft is and enough about Cthulhu to be totally creeped out by the mere mention of either name but I am no fan of that stuff by any stretch of the imagination. I kept waiting for someone to just post the fucking quote for you but today I got so damned curious myself that I had to go look it up however it only shows up for your first ever play of the game so I had to dig up the intro video from the image folder in the game files to find it. There it is across the top of this message... Enjoy:devilish:(y)
Good job, Phat. I'm glad there's someone here willing to do the grunt work, and I'm especially happy it isn't me. :LOL:

As a horror fan, I do read Lovecraft though he's not on my favorite author list. He certainly knew how to create an unsettling atmosphere in his writing and the mythos he created has had an enormous and lingering influence on literature, movies, and video games. If anyone would like a quick introduction to his work, I recommend checking out his short story "Pickman's Model." It's not his most representative or most ornate work, but it's the one that gives me the most chills personally. To be perfectly honest (and a bit sycophantic), though, I'd say Tlaero is a much better writer than Lovecraft in terms of creating layered, complex, and very human characters and not dismissing huge swathes of humanity merely because of their race and genetics.

4.40 star(s) 51 Votes