Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
Depending on how you count them, this is either my 13th or my 15th game (two are really "short stories"). In the vast majority of these games, I had one MC and one LI. That's been necessary because the story in most of them builds on previous ones. Since Toro 7 is a standalone game, I had the opportunity to do something different. I thought, "Wouldn't it be nice if women could play their gender?" It's so rare that I get to do that in other people's games. And, yes, I'd like too. And I immediately then went to, "Wouldn't it be nice if my gay friends could play their orientation?"

Yes, providing multiple paths has a cost. Unless you play all 9 paths, every episode is shorter for you than the amount of work we put into it. And the storyline is challenging to write, since I can't guarantee that you've heard what this or that character said. But growth comes from doing something new, not doing the same thing over and over again.

It's ... strange ... that you decided to stop playing because of how other developers have behaved. We're not all the same.

Tlaero
I haven't stopped playing. A romantic relationship with a black scientist is something I will never stop. I mistakenly thought you had added another path, but it was already there. So all is well and thanks for your game !

Shtradha

Apr 12, 2018
ummm................ you know they are on icemoon and under big pressure (totally not safe place for kids) and somewhat limited space and other things.
Absolutely terrible IRL situations never stopped people from getting pregnant either. Why do people keep bringing this up as an excuse?

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
Absolutely terrible IRL situations never stopped people from getting pregnant either. Why do people keep bringing this up as an excuse?
It's definitely within the realm of possibility, but I don't know how likely a scenario pregnancy would be. I think the closest real life analogue to life on the station would be a manned space mission, and I'm not aware of there being any (human?) pregnancies in space so far. Professionalism, fear of exposing the unborn to increased radiation levels, and perhaps the fact that the other astronauts were all annoying slobs have been sufficient to keep that scenario from happening so far. For what it is worth, I think there have been pregnancies on submarine missions. And the was a destroyer tender that famously got dubbed the Love Boat because it wound up with so many pregnant crew members during the Gulf War.

It's even conceivable (haha) that taking some form of contraception might be mandatory on Toro 7. I can't remember if that issue has been discussed in-game at all but I'll keep an eye out for it on my next playthrough.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
It's even conceivable (haha) that taking some form of contraception might be mandatory on Toro 7. I can't remember if that issue has been discussed in-game at all but I'll keep an eye out for it on my next playthrough.
Exactly, we aren't talking about something a week into the future. This takes place quite a bit from now. For all we know the corporation controls when people can be fertile and who gets to breed. No reason to believe that there are still oops babies.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Exactly, we aren't talking about something a week into the future. This takes place quite a bit from now. For all we know the corporation controls when people can be fertile and who gets to breed. No reason to believe that there are still oops babies.
most likely all have tablets for daily use or have injection given or have under skin tablet which prevents pregnancies.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
More importantly, we've been going at around 2 months development time per episode, and each episode is showing a day of game time. At that rate, we're talking, what, 45 years of development for a 9 month pregnancy? I can safely say that's not going to happen...

Tlaero

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
More importantly, we've been going at around 2 months development time per episode, and each episode is showing a day of game time. At that rate, we're talking, what, 45 years of development for a 9 month pregnancy? I can safely say that's not going to happen...

Tlaero
Game developers need to introduce animal pregnancies like mosquitos for example, which is quick but also each pregnancy produces a lot of offsprings:ROFLMAO:.

• Haha
Reactions: Dysphorika
Sep 2, 2020
i just got here, why do I feel slightly disgusted just honestly repulsed and confused that it took me this long to stumble upon this hidden gem. Hope its gonna be good :)

Capt. Fubar

Sep 8, 2022
Hello developer;

I hope you change your mind about codes* / puzzles and redirect your resources to story / characters building instead. Thank you for multiple gender selection, very modern thinking; plus to that I'm happy to see many decisions, hope we can even effect / direct story one day.

*: Such project cost gazillion dollars to build and nobody spend extra resource for stronk local doors and safes, we should be able to open any door -but main ones- with a screwdriver or crowbar. For main doors... well, non-commercial ships for example: they have pressure doors / hatches and you can't actually lock them. There, a logical reason to remove most, if not all, puzzles. 8D

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Hello developer;

I hope you change your mind about codes* / puzzles and redirect your resources to story / characters building instead. Thank you for multiple gender selection, very modern thinking; plus to that I'm happy to see many decisions, hope we can even effect / direct story one day.

*: Such project cost gazillion dollars to build and nobody spend extra resource for stronk local doors and safes, we should be able to open any door -but main ones- with a screwdriver or crowbar. For main doors... well, non-commercial ships for example: they have pressure doors / hatches and you can't actually lock them. There, a logical reason to remove most, if not all, puzzles. 8D
Have you actually played/read the game? Puzzles are auto-solved after your third try, there's no resource-waste by the devs in coding a simple text check. And there's only two of them so far: hacking a personal account from a deceased worker (no company would allow co-workers to access to personal data), and opening a safe (of course there are official procedures defined to open it, but the game explains why the MC can't use those). Hatches and pressure locks work as they should work in a deep station, there's nothing so far pointing at a bad design made by the company. Just a malfunctioning secondary sensor.

Capt. Fubar

Sep 8, 2022
Have you actually played/read the game? Puzzles are auto-solved after your third try, there's no resource-waste by the devs in coding a simple text check...
Yup, read most (%90+) of it. Devs can keep working on puzzles, who am I to judge or stop but I think some players will quit playing -and even supporting- the game.

4.40 star(s) 51 Votes