PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
How did I overlook this? Hmmm:unsure::oops:

Falling in love already, just seeing this image!
1667444417397.png
I'm way too old and crippled to do this now but I did enjoy swimming with manatees and dolphins on vacation in Florida as a kid. This looks like real fun! Thanks Tlaero! I will give this a go! ;):):):):):)

If you think of anything else I may have missed, I'll be glad to take a second look;)(y)

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
Yes, my friend... I have diligently reviewed the entire catalog. I am sure there are some other great stories in there as well however the HTML ports to Ren'Py are not a true Ren'Py format with small images and even smaller print above and below the image. My eyes cannot see that without putting my 24" curved Samsung monitor about two inches from my face. The images and print are just too small for my tired, old, myopic eyes to see properly... it's all a blur. So, out of all the titles that I have attempted to review from Tlaero and Mortze, there are only two that remain in my Tora Productions folder, Toro 7 and Warrior's Heart. I would love to dive right into the Elsaverse, mais non... I cannot get close enough to the screen to view the content, just a few glimpses of the images and the wish that I could see them better. Wish I had better commentary to offer than just that.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:oops:
Perhaps you could CTRL + (plus sign) to augment the image on your browser and play HTML games? CTRL + (minus sign) to revert back.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Perhaps you could CTRL + (plus sign) to augment the image on your browser and play HTML games? CTRL + (minus sign) to revert back.
My general opinion of HTML games is pretty toxic so I won't share that here. None of you deserve to hear that rancid rant. Just know that I have good reason not to be a fan of HTML formatted games. Thank you for trying, my friend.

Adventure ever on, Phat(y)

PS: For Left Ear it was dogs, for Phat it was HTML games... I had a bad experience...

Reactions: MrFriendly

DemonLoverBoy

Nov 15, 2020
Unplayable.

Main reason is that, this reads like a novel rather than a visual novel. An absolute no no.

Secondary reason:
Distracting UI modifications. Purple fade text background makes scenes look weird, I found myself pressing "H" key at every render. While most of the UI is recolored(ugly recolor) the quick access buttons are completely redesigned to hide quick save/load.

• Angry
Reactions: Cabin Fever

DemonLoverBoy

Nov 15, 2020
you only felt triggered to attack the site's tagging system because it doesn't match your opinion about what a VN is?
Tags has nothing to do with what I said, I was responding to a random fan who made a statement about the game not being a VN despite the game:

Spoiler Alert: This game is neither a VN nor does it claims to be one.
Uses the most popular visual novel game engine.
Has every single characteristic trait of a visual novel.

Oh, but I understand. Either you believe majority view as fact, or you believe that it renders the game unique. Which one is it?

Last edited:

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Tags has nothing to do with what I said, I was responding to a random fan who made a statement about the game not being a VN despite the game:

Uses the most popular visual novel game engine.
Has every single characteristic trait of a visual novel.

Oh, but I understand. Either you believe majority view as fact, or you believe that it renders the game unique. Which one is it?
You say it's a VN and I'm not arguing about it, I'll just state that it's not tagged as such because it doesn't fit the site's criteria - which is why the other guy replied to you when you first claimed this is a VN: it's not, per site's rules. So leaving that aside, I'm asking you for real feedback about the game, other than the storytelling style and custom UI that you didn't like but are just dev's artistic choices.

DemonLoverBoy

Nov 15, 2020
You say it's a VN and I'm not arguing about it, I'll just state that it's not tagged as such because it doesn't fit the site's criteria - which is why the other guy replied to you when you first claimed this is a VN: it's not, per site's rules. So leaving that aside, I'm asking you for real feedback about the game, other than the storytelling style and custom UI that you didn't like but are just dev's artistic choices.
Thank you, that's fair.

I thought the render's were pretty good quality despite the colors being too busy in artistic sense and clashed too much with the UI colors. Especially in the beginning scenes. I thought there was a purple/pink haze on the floor in renders way too many times. The game would benefit a lot from text outlines rather than the shitty default fade mask thingy.

Ability to customize your character felt refreshing, but can't comment beyond that as I've only played as a straight male.

I played 2 other VN's on top of this and I can't even remember what the story of this one was about. So I'd say the overall plot was very weak since I don't have a clue why I would be looking forward to an update.

I kept reverting "dialogue" because i kept forgetting what each character was actually saying, the real dialogue was kept getting lost between admiring the render and reading between text at the beginning and end of each actual dialogue between quotes.

I love reading novels, I love playing visual novels too. This was a terrible mix between the two and I did not appreciate it one bit.

These are my honest opinions.

Last edited:

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Thank you, that's fair.

I thought the render's were pretty good quality despite the colors being too busy in artistic sense and clashed too much with the UI colors. Especially in the beginning scenes. I thought there was a purple/pink haze on the floor in renders way too many times. The game would benefit a lot from text outlines rather than the shitty default fade mask thingy.

Ability to customize your character felt refreshing, but can't comment beyond that as I've only played as a straight male.

I played 2 other VN's on top of this and I can't even remember what the story of this one was about. So I'd say the overall plot was very weak since I don't have a clue why I would be looking forward to an update.

I kept reverting "dialogue" because i kept forgetting what each character was actually saying, the real dialogue was kept getting lost between admiring the render and reading between text at the beginning and end of each actual dialogue between quotes.

I love reading novels, I love playing visual novels too. This was a terrible mix between the too and I did not appreciate it one bit.

These are my honest opinions.
Thanks. That's some very different feedback than just saying 'unplayable'.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
That's like, your opinion, man. Objectively, this game is a VN.
It's not. It's a sandobox game.

WUT?!?!

The story has just begun. You are the new security man in a space station on a Jupiter (?)'s moon. Your predecessor is dead and some crew members think he was killed. You have to find out what really happened and you've just started investigating.

Period. You say you don't remember it, huh!?! man, you're fucking trolling us, you know.

The moron who repeatedly gloats about adding me to his ignored list, I heard you the first time and was glad for it dude. Do us all a favor and shut the fuck up about it.
Ditto.

Ignored and reported.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Dysphorika

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I'm sure every criticism is important to the author. Even 'unplayable'.

To be honest I was looking forward to playing this one since the author has other finished games. Alas, not my cup of tea; I won't be trying his other games.
Saying 'unplayable' doesn't let the author know what's actually wrong with it, other than you may be more used to the classic 'scripted' style in which you constantly see who's talking. Telling that you felt lost while reading can make her try to improve the clarity of the writing (she already tried to after some other people's criticism in the same line as yours). There's a difference

• Red Heart

DemonLoverBoy

Nov 15, 2020
Saying 'unplayable' doesn't let the author know what's actually wrong with it
Certainly, but I did point out one main and secondary reason for why I felt like it's 'unplayable'. You can revisit my original comment, this is hardly fair.

It's not. It's a sandobox game.
Since when is VN and sandbox are mutually-exclusive?

WUT?!?!

Period. You say you don't you remember it, huh!?! man, you're fucking trolling us, you know.
You are free to believe whatever you want, but let me point out that you type too many exclamation and question marks. That can't be healthy for you.

Ignored and reported.
Thank you, this makes me happy since I won't have to respond to you ever again.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Certainly, but I did point out one main and secondary reason for why I felt like it's 'unplayable'. You can revisit my original comment, this is hardly fair.
No, look. This was your original post:
Unplayable.

Main reason is that, this reads like a novel rather than a visual novel. An absolute no no.
You only said that the narrative style chosen was a no-no. (I left out the comment about the UI because I don't feel is relevant here). You had your reasons to say this, but you didn't explain yourself. So I thought you were just unused to that style and simply didn't like it, so there's really nothing the dev can do to change your impression unless she completely changes her writing style. However, that was a wrong assumption because you actually had trouble following the conversations, which is what moved you to leave that comment. That's something the author can definitely work on and try to improve without getting rid of the whole thing.

DemonLoverBoy

Nov 15, 2020
No, look. This was your original post:

You only said that the narrative style chosen was a no-no. (I left out the comment about the UI because I don't feel is relevant here). You had your reasons to say this, but you didn't explain yourself. So I thought you were just unused to that style and simply didn't like it, so there's really nothing the dev can do to change your impression unless she completely changes her writing style. However, that was a wrong assumption because you actually had trouble following the conversations, which is what moved you to leave that comment. That's something the author can definitely work on and try to improve without getting rid of the whole thing.
I can, in hindsight, see I assumed wrong thinking it was obvious, apparently not. I apologize for causing you confusion.

4.40 star(s) 51 Votes