RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
Aren't you locked onto that floor via magic or something? I think bo and koda should just shrink it down but keep the aesthetic. Have the gimmicks kept in but make the floor more about being stuck on it (obviously warn the player first). It could be a floor where your essentially kidnapped similar to Jessica's floor but with the more teasing girl we've already seen from floor 7. Her design and area design are great and the pillow and bath scenes that have been shown are promising but the floor seems wayyy to convoluted for just one girl. ToT is an rpg based on environment and in fight interaction so keep it that way. its just amazing how bo and koda could so easily impress but dont and just make people doubt the great lewdness they've created already...
We don't know how F7 works, the layout of F7 is what those year old videos show. Neither Bo or Koda will back down of their initial concept of F7. One is hellbent on doing what he tried and failed for 6 months and the other is happy to enable him.

Reactions: bahamut2195
Feb 2, 2020
We don't know how F7 works, the layout of F7 is what those year old videos show. Neither Bo or Koda will back down of their initial concept of F7. One is hellbent on doing what he tried and failed for 6 months and the other is happy to enable him.
Eh well who knows then. I just wish they scaled back from something thats obviously not working. Limitations usually lead to be better stuff anyway. We just want to fight more girls and do sub stuff. Not fetch quests and exploring a huge empty level.

Reactions: olorex11

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
Eh well who knows then. I just wish they scaled back from something thats obviously not working. Limitations usually lead to be better stuff anyway. We just want to fight more girls and do sub stuff. Not fetch quests and exploring a huge empty level.
You, me and everyone.

Reactions: Syoto

yzhhyk

Aug 25, 2018
Just think about the reason behind the Halloween game guys, I put all my money on Koda being oh hell by the time I finish this lvl 0 all the patron will be gone... hey Bo can you chuck me a few drawings I will make a crappy game out of this? takes me two weeks but will shut them up for three good months omg I am so clever.

This is the only reason that make sense, because why else would they waste time on this when they have an announced game to work on that is already in delay?

This is why I kept telling people to forget about level 0, because the less we care the less we have to lose, and the real ETA in my mind is to be measured by months, not days, not weeks.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
Yeah they need to scrap F7. It's pretty clear they don't want to/can't finish it for whatever reason. Make Swan/Crow F7, create a new F8, and put the Kaori scenes on the back burner. Maybe she comes back some day, maybe she doesn't. It's okay to abandon an idea that didn't work out instead of trying to force that square peg into the round hole.

Z - Reborn

totally not zazzaro
Mar 19, 2020
Yeah they need to scrap F7. It's pretty clear they don't want to/can't finish it for whatever reason. Make Swan/Crow F7, create a new F8, and put the Kaori scenes on the back burner. Maybe she comes back some day, maybe she doesn't. It's okay to abandon an idea that didn't work out instead of trying to force that square peg into the round hole.
I'm all for turning 6.5F into 7F, but does it really look like Koda wants to work on any project at all?

Level 0, a side game, has been in the works for 4 months now. Hollow Mansion (a 24mb game) has been delayed 2 weeks and, as far as I know, it was a 90% Bo Wei project. WG, Cobra 2, Spring Cleaning and last year's Claus have all been pretty much forgotten.

All of these projects became problematic the moment they got in Koda's hands. I don't think the guy works at all honestly.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
I'm all for turning 6.5F into 7F, but does it really look like Koda wants to work on any project at all?

Level 0, a side game, has been in the works for 4 months now. Hollow Mansion (a 24mb game) has been delayed 2 weeks and, as far as I know, it was a 90% Bo Wei project. WG, Cobra 2, Spring Cleaning and last year's Claus have all been pretty much forgotten.

All of these projects became problematic the moment they got in Koda's hands. I don't think the guy works at all honestly.
That's probably a fairer assessment than I really want to admit. I want to give him the benefit of a doubt considering the state of the good old U.S. of A right now, but you are probably right.

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018

100% agreed, it has become kinda pathetic if you ask me

Z - Reborn

totally not zazzaro
Mar 19, 2020
That's probably a fairer assessment than I really want to admit. I want to give him the benefit of a doubt considering the state of the good old U.S. of A right now, but you are probably right.
Ironically politics is all he ever talks about on Discord. He rarely comes out when people ask for news, but when it's politics he's always there.

At some point he even claimed that he couldn't focus on working because he had "depression from the elections". I mean lazy people making excuses is nothing new, but this is so stupid it's insulting.

Another bit of info that might interest you guys is that the Discord is a complete graveyard right now. I don't mean like here, where the delays pretty much made everyone apathetic, I mean absolutely deserted. There were 2 days of small traffic post Hollow Mansion, but that's about it.

100% agreed, it has become kinda pathetic if you ask me
What I don't understand is why Bo is keeping him here.

Bo streams less than he used to, but it looks like he's still working quite hard, so I don't get why he keeps someone that takes his money and gives nothing in return by his side.

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
Ironically politics is all he ever talks about on Discord. He rarely comes out when people ask for news, but when it's politics he's always there.

At some point he even claimed that he couldn't focus on working because he had "depression from the elections". I mean lazy people making excuses is nothing new, but this is so stupid it's insulting.

Another bit of info that might interest you guys is that the Discord is a complete graveyard right now. I don't mean like here, where the delays pretty much made everyone apathetic, I mean absolutely deserted. There were 2 days of small traffic post Hollow Mansion, but that's about it.

What I don't understand is why Bo is keeping him here.

Bo streams less than he used to, but it looks like he's still working quite hard, so I don't get why he keeps someone that takes his money and gives nothing in return by his side.
I don't know which of those things annoys me more
"depression from elections" , dead discord instead of tearing him a new one for the delays, bo keeping him around

Reactions: Z - Reborn

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
As ridiculous as "depression from the elections" sounds (didn't Koda want Biden to win?), I don't think he's 100% wrong here. I've been saying the guy needs help with his mental health for a while now. It sure would've been nice if someone had relayed the message to Koda himself before the situation over in the US had gotten as messy as it is right now... But I guess it's never too late to tell him that he should open his mind to the possibility of going to therapy in the future -> Sylph Phoenix
Just to clarify, I'm sure it's still possible to do therapy in the US, it's just that it doesn't feel as likely that someone is going to start doing it for the first time (presumably) during a pandemic

Last edited:

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
As ridiculous as "depression from the elections" sounds (didn't Koda want Biden to win?), I don't think he's 100% wrong here. I've been saying the guy needs help with his mental health for a while now. It sure would've been nice if someone had relayed the message to Koda himself before the situation over in the US had gotten as messy as it is right now... But I guess it's never too late to tell him that he should open his mind to the possibility of going to therapy in the future -> Sylph Phoenix
Just to clarify, I'm sure it's still possible to do therapy in the US, it's just that it doesn't feel as likely that someone is going to start doing it for the first time (presumably) during a pandemic
Meh, most of what we do medically can be done through video chat. I had a med evaluation through Zoom since I didn't need an actual physical. Therapy could be done the same way.

Reactions: GearlessJoe
Apr 22, 2020
Bo Wei claims it's because he prefers someone who has an A+ idea once in a while than someone who constantly has B+ ideas.

I feel it's more likely the sunk cost fallacy and not being able to admit he's being scammed due to pride.

Z - Reborn

totally not zazzaro
Mar 19, 2020
I don't know which of those things annoys me more
"depression from elections" , dead discord instead of tearing him a new one for the delays, bo keeping him around
For me it's "depression from election", no argument. Probably because I hate politics in general with a passion.

Bo Wei claims it's because he prefers someone who has an A+ idea once in a while than someone who constantly has B+ ideas.

I feel it's more likely the sunk cost fallacy and not being able to admit he's being scammed due to pride.
I understand him completely, and I do like Koda's work, but we're at a point where those A+ ideas don't come at all.

NicCag

Jul 13, 2020

No, I don't think he's being scammed. Koda's work really does add a lot to these games. Heck, Koda even paused charges for his own personal Patreon (even if it's not a lot of money, it shows he's not actually just here to take money and run.) I know that there are a lot of guys who've been here a lot longer than I have (I'm told, I found the game in the last month of whatever Spring Cleaning was) but I really do think Koda is working hard and I take issue with calling him a scammer. I would say he's just way too ambitious and too willing to take massive detours and that causes too many problems with the development cycle.

Reactions: Fruitsi
Apr 22, 2020
No, I don't think he's being scammed. Koda's work really does add a lot to these games. Heck, Koda even paused charges for his own personal Patreon (even if it's not a lot of money, it shows he's not actually just here to take money and run.) I know that there are a lot of guys who've been here a lot longer than I have (I'm told, I found the game in the last month of whatever Spring Cleaning was) but I really do think Koda is working hard and I take issue with calling him a scammer. I would say he's just way too ambitious and too willing to take massive detours and that causes too many problems with the development cycle.
I don't think he's here to take the money and run, but he still takes the money and mostly give broken promises in exchange. If he genuinely believes it when he makes said promises or not is a different beast.

I'd be kinder in my assessment if there was more communication with the fans, at least the paying one, though.

renzur

Aug 14, 2017
I don't think he's here to take the money and run, but he still takes the money and mostly give broken promises in exchange. If he genuinely believes it when he makes said promises is a different beast.

I'd be kinder in my assessment if there was more communication with the fans, at least the paying one, though.
Koda is your standard politician at this point.

He takes your money, doesn’t do anything that he promised, but then at the last minute when his job is on the line, he does the bare minimum to keep the flock happy.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes