RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
Bo Wei claims it's because he prefers someone who has an A+ idea once in a while than someone who constantly has B+ ideas.

I feel it's more likely the sunk cost fallacy and not being able to admit he's being scammed due to pride.
Yeah, consistency is his sworn enemy.

No, I don't think he's being scammed. Koda's work really does add a lot to these games. Heck, Koda even paused charges for his own personal Patreon (even if it's not a lot of money, it shows he's not actually just here to take money and run.) I know that there are a lot of guys who've been here a lot longer than I have (I'm told, I found the game in the last month of whatever Spring Cleaning was) but I really do think Koda is working hard and I take issue with calling him a scammer. I would say he's just way too ambitious and too willing to take massive detours and that causes too many problems with the development cycle.
Just ask yourself, has he shown a change in the year and a half that you been following ToT? I will not go as far to call him an active scammer again, but a passive one, I mean you have a community that for some reason is willing to support you for your "work" even if you don't deliver it, even if you lie or take detours to justify not delievering said work. If the patreon wanna keep their sunk cost fallacy going, who are they to stop them? They are more than willing to keep throwing money in the gutter even in emergency pandemic lockdown. They went as far to tell them to stop or to download their half assed, little as possible content updates from here, people still donate them, the same people that knew how they managed ToT 2019 development (or lack there of).
To summarize, they both thought "Hey look, free money, let's take it" and we can't really blame them, do they deserve that money? No, but people are still willing to enable them.

I'm more inclined to believe that "election-depression" is bullshit to pull an extra month than some psychological disorder. I mean you voted, you did your part, it's over.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2020
bo can get a game out quite quick and koda can make things better but its clear koda should just be let go. Get someone else in and have them take over his spot. Bo wei needs to admit that koda isnt fit for the game anymore and is just tainting his workflow.

badwulf51

Jul 4, 2018
You people can throw around koda adds a lot blah blah hes a good writer blah blah and yanno what? That's fine. But does NOT EXCUSE THIS LEVEL OF DELAYS FOR AN RPGMAKER GAME. a single person has managed to pump out a sequel to his original game fear and hunger (game isnt out yet but currently has a demo THAT IS 5 HOURS LONG) also on rpg maker and that game is nearly 50 hours long with art work that would put bo to shame and an interesting and unique battle system thrown in that's different from most rpg maker games IN NEARLY A YEAR. there is 0 EXCUSES FOR THIS AMOUNT OF DELAYS apart from just sheer LAZINESS.

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
bo can get a game out quite quick and koda can make things better but its clear koda should just be let go. Get someone else in and have them take over his spot. Bo wei needs to admit that koda isnt fit for the game anymore and is just tainting his workflow.
We're still waiting on a someone else though. It's not like Bo doesn't accept outside help, he was happy for me to do a quick and dirty English cleanup of Tiffany's Trap so he's obviously happy for people to contribute. Nobody wants to though.

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
No, I don't think he's being scammed. Koda's work really does add a lot to these games. Heck, Koda even paused charges for his own personal Patreon (even if it's not a lot of money, it shows he's not actually just here to take money and run.) I know that there are a lot of guys who've been here a lot longer than I have (I'm told, I found the game in the last month of whatever Spring Cleaning was) but I really do think Koda is working hard and I take issue with calling him a scammer. I would say he's just way too ambitious and too willing to take massive detours and that causes too many problems with the development cycle.
dude, lol

• Haha
Reactions: LupoManajo

Garrethawke

Oct 9, 2018
We're still waiting on a someone else though. It's not like Bo doesn't accept outside help, he was happy for me to do a quick and dirty English cleanup of Tiffany's Trap so he's obviously happy for people to contribute. Nobody wants to though.
And can you blame people? I study programming and for that part I wouldnt even care to help at a certain moment if that lightened the situation, and I understand that there are few people who can help with translation, but work for free because I like tot, while developers earn money for doing nothing ... the truth is that one takes away all the gains from helping.

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
But Bo shouldn't be "waiting" for anything, it's his game and thus his responsibility. If he's not actively looking for anyone to help out then he's just as lazy and guilty of the state of things as Koda is.
Btw, if you're still in touch with Koda tell him he may not be "depressed about the elections" as much as he's just flat-out depressed, and he should consider doing therapy.

Holefiller

Jan 23, 2019
As ridiculous as "depression from the elections" sounds (didn't Koda want Biden to win?), I don't think he's 100% wrong here. I've been saying the guy needs help with his mental health for a while now. It sure would've been nice if someone had relayed the message to Koda himself before the situation over in the US had gotten as messy as it is right now... But I guess it's never too late to tell him that he should open his mind to the possibility of going to therapy in the future -> Sylph Phoenix
Just to clarify, I'm sure it's still possible to do therapy in the US, it's just that it doesn't feel as likely that someone is going to start doing it for the first time (presumably) during a pandemic
I live in the US and I have family who started going through therapy for the first time in last few months.
But, yeah, being depressed about elections is a sign of a way deeper problem because nobody healthy gives that much of a fuck about politics.

Apr 22, 2020

Untrue. I don't have any video game making skills myself to contribute more, but I've been saying that Bo Wei should release his first version of Level: 0 since the moment they've announced they were expending it beyond the Demon Queen, so we could at least test and get some of the bugs of the way.

I don't know what has happened, but Bo Wei and Koda have been basically in radio silence on this project, and it's only contributing to the issues.

hohoho123132

Sep 18, 2018
I have already said on discord that F7 could only release this year if there no more small project after clown ( Bo always try to add more content to original project.If Koda delay Bo even add more:LUL: )

Oct 30, 2017
We doin' psych eval, now?
How are people speculating about others' mental health in such a casual way, without even having proper info/intel? lol
Even for actual , practicing psychologists, wouldn't that be antiethical, to say the least? :unsure:

(And that is coming from someone who MOSTLY disregards/doesn't take interest in the field of psychology in general and has a tendency to downplay some/various claims of "mental health problems" as actual moral weakness: let that sink in. (y))

Guys... Delays do suck, but isn't it getting out of hand?
As far as I know, Koda is a discreet guy. Even playtesters are completely left in the dark and are only called at the last moment, two steps away from the finishing line. That is the way it works: he only drops something when he is completely satisfied and awaits the finishing touches.
If I would do an assumption, I would merely dare to say that the guy is a perfectionist, for better or worse.
But to openly speculate about one's mental health? I'm sorry, but that is a line I don't cross, and neither should you guys.

Granted, I'm not that active in the community, but I don't recall people talking or commenting on personal mental health issues.
In any case, it's none of my concern.
I'm just a big fan of ToT and I wish the devs all the best, so they can deliver the coolest/sexiest stuff ever.

Actually, I expected Level 0 to be dropped this past weekend for playtesting, because it really seemed like Koda was close to the finishing line and the only thing that kept it from happening sooner was him touching Trick or Treat, AKA Hallow Mansion.
That is what I assumed, at least.
So... I'm just as sad and thirsty for content as everyone.
But I still have conviction that Level 0 will be the best apple pie we ever got so far. So... let's just hang on tight.

CNR25

Jan 7, 2020
How are people speculating about others' mental health in such a casual way, without even having proper info/intel? lol
Even for actual , practicing psychologists, wouldn't that be antiethical, to say the least? :unsure:

(And that is coming from someone who MOSTLY disregards/doesn't take interest in the field of psychology in general and has a tendency to downplay some/various claims of "mental health problems" as actual moral weakness: let that sink in. (y))

Guys... Delays do suck, but isn't it getting out of hand?
As far as I know, Koda is a discreet guy. Even playtesters are completely left in the dark and are only called at the last moment, two steps away from the finishing line. That is the way it works: he only drops something when he is completely satisfied and awaits the finishing touches.
If I would do an assumption, I would merely dare to say that the guy is a perfectionist, for better or worse.
But to openly speculate about one's mental health? I'm sorry, but that is a line I don't cross, and neither should you guys.

Granted, I'm not that active in the community, but I don't recall people talking or commenting on personal mental health issues.
In any case, it's none of my concern.
I'm just a big fan of ToT and I wish the devs all the best, so they can deliver the coolest/sexiest stuff ever.

Actually, I expected Level 0 to be dropped this past weekend for playtesting, because it really seemed like Koda was close to the finishing line and the only thing that kept it from happening sooner was him touching Trick or Treat, AKA Hallow Mansion.
That is what I assumed, at least.
So... I'm just as sad and thirsty for content as everyone.
But I still have conviction that Level 0 will be the best apple pie we ever got so far. So... let's just hang on tight.

I do agree with the mental health assumptions. It's clearly not of our concern.

In the other hand, concerning the "perfectionist" stuff, maybe it's true, but that's not the problem here. The main problem is that he keeps lying to people again and again. I'll repeat, i'm not giving Bo and Koda money so i do not complain. But i totally understand those who throws money and are complaining.

Koda is good at what he does. The one thing he lacks is honesty and transparency in my opinion.

Apr 22, 2020

[...]

If someone who has lied to you in the past tells you "I have [x mental health issue]", you won't at least ask yourself "should I believe them this time?" ? It may be speculation on one's mental health, but it is still a normal thing to do, as believing someone's words unquestionably when they have proven to be untrustworthy is not a wise move.

I'm not saying speculating beyond that with forum 2-bit psychanalysis is a good thing, but "X made a claim, should I believe them this time?" by itself does not cross any line IMO.

Koda is good at what he does. The one thing he lacks is honesty and transparency in my opinion.
Indeed. I don't think the large majority of people would be on his case if he just communicated more and without the lies.

I mean even the whole "we were nearly finished with Lvl 0 but then we decided to add four more mistresses" thing turned out to be a lie. Unless Koda was lying when he said/implied Bo Wei had just finished the throne room map *weeks* after the announcement they were adding mistresses.

Last edited:

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
Oh Koda.... if you were depressed by the elections, you could've just hit me up! I can always change those results! So remember to tell me which guy you need there, K?
You know, anything for 7F!
finally you arrived, every thread is better with Putin

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes