RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
This may be a stretch, but I'm positive that Koda has convinced Bo that his writing is worse than it is. I'm saying this because you often see him badmouth Bo's "engrish", making it sound like he's God's work in "fixing it".

Anyway as far as writing goes, Bo's not great, but more than good enough. Besides, while I'm a huge fan of some of Koda's work, I don't think anything he has done post Crow has been good at all. Not that there's much of it.
I'm as entertained as anyone with what's going on, just wanted to make the comment that I genuinely think Bo's writing is that bad, based on what I saw in the original form of Tiffany's Trap. To his credit, he is improving, but part of the issue is he rushes his translation to English methinks. I know a lot of people don't really care about coherent writing since Domina is so popular with people here, I just know it bothers the hell out of me. Not worth enormous delays like this, obviously; I'm only commenting on the specific remark that Bo's writing is good enough to which I personally disagree

D

Deleted member 1811997

I agree that incoherent writing can be a turn off but that can still be proof read in a day technically which would make delays only a day as opposed to 6 months, I'd be fine with that. If anything, "open source" the info to 5-10 trusted people who want to take on the role, they all proof read it and give possible ideas for text. The idea of 10 masterminds would outdo Koda easily and take a few days or a week tops. Win win?

Ruffle

Jun 4, 2020
Koda's writing is a million times better than Bo's. Tiffany's trap is a proof of that. That's just a fact.

The solution to this whole problem is for Bo to work with someone better. But he's complacent, he obviously doesn't want to stop working with Koda. Him acting hesitant is bullshit. It's just that getting a new person would be a lot of work; and everyone shits on Koda anyway instead of him; and in spite of everything the patreon is fine; and things eventually get released. If he's making a scene in public is just because he doesn't want to look bad. But talk is cheap.

If he cared at all, he would've done something about it already, but it's been too long. So don't get your hopes up, nothing's going to change.

CNR25

Jan 7, 2020
(i forgot the quote, i'm refering to the message just above )
Welp, sadly i agree with that dude.

Truemourne

May 7, 2019
I mean, I for one still dislike Bowei far more than I do Koda. Look at those chat logs. He still pretends like his hands are tied and that he can't do anything, even though he is the owner of the project. Give me a break man, it's obvious that the status quo works in his favor. He can shift the blame and says he's a bad writer and that Koda is 'just that good' (lmao, Koda and 'that good' dont belong in a sentence together) all he wants but anyone with a functioning brain can tell that it isn't the real problem. ToT/LvL0 etc are NEVER EVER getting anywhere (at least in realistic timelines) while Koda is on the project. And please , for the love of GearlessJoe , can we stop pretending Koda is an 'amazing writer' , please, it's making me puke, the guy isn't the worst but cmon, to say that he's irreplaceable is horseshit.

I for one am sure that many many people could at least help out Bowei with the writing(if not straight up replace Koda). I would personally offer to help Bowei , especially with the translating and making the story he makes coherent, for free , as a test run, just to show him that Koda isn't essential. He could see the results for himself.

Obviously nothing is going to happen any time soon because Koda isn't the problem, Bowei and his lack of will/giving a shit is. Stop hating on Koda and focus on the issue. And the guy who isn't Zazzaro, you know I love you , but you also know these are fax.

Edit: Like cmon, the guy explicitly says "what can I do", what more do any of you need to see who the problem is?

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
I'm as entertained as anyone with what's going on, just wanted to make the comment that I genuinely think Bo's writing is that bad, based on what I saw in the original form of Tiffany's Trap. To his credit, he is improving, but part of the issue is he rushes his translation to English methinks. I know a lot of people don't really care about coherent writing since Domina is so popular with people here, I just know it bothers the hell out of me. Not worth enormous delays like this, obviously; I'm only commenting on the specific remark that Bo's writing is good enough to which I personally disagree
Thanks for sharing these. As someone else said, this kind of proofreading can be accomplished in a day tops. I do editing professionally at times and could easily fix these kind of mistakes very quickly (the actual composition/narrative is another matter though!).

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
Thanks for sharing these. As someone else said, this kind of proofreading can be accomplished in a day tops. I do editing professionally at times and could easily fix these kind of mistakes very quickly (the actual composition/narrative is another matter though!).
I would also be glad to help. The amount of writing needed for these games isn't anything special and with a good editor/proofreader it can be a million times better than what Koda is doing right now.

DogStar

Feb 5, 2020
So why don't you people who say they could help with proofing just go and offer your help then? Problem solved? If Bo refuses, you can share the news here

Reactions: NicCag

smellyz44

Aug 9, 2020
HEAR-YE!!! HEAR-YE!!! I ONCE AGAIN BRING NEWS... and this time it's good! Buckle up fellas, this is going to be a long one!

Our story starts on a sour note, yesterday night, with this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We were speechless. Koda was trying to make himself look good as usual, nothing new, but what really rubbed us the wrong way was Impo. How in the fuck, after you're being told that a project with a 2 week eta 3/4 months ago has no ending in sight, you tell Koda that there is "no point is rushing"?! Are you for real?!

I went to bed disappointed, as usual when the last thing I check before closing my eyes is the ToT chat... but then, when I woke up, something magical was happening. The chat was going positively haywire! What happened?!

This magnificent bastard. This F95 brother from another mother. This light in the dark. Someone finally had spoken some sense in the absolute nonsense that is Discord, even calling out on Koda always trying to make himself look good. The chat was already screaming saint! But did it end there? Not. Even. Close.

And this is where I press pause, because this is the moment when our villain finally decides to get his hands dirty: at this point Koda put the chat on slow mode. But let's examine what we have so far: a couple of the more shy members finally speak out following bigboi's example, but more importantly Koda is full-on damage control.

He knows that if Bo starts releasing on his own work, people will understand how little he really provides to these projects, especially compared to the amount of time he takes, and he'd be shoved more and more to the side... so "let's talk privately", because of course, he knows how to work Bo just the way he likes it.

But let's continue. Remember: the chat is in slow mode now, so Bo and Koda will take center stage.

Isn't it beautiful? "We can discuss it privately". "No". Is Bo finally growing that backbone I mentioned?!

But wait, it gets better, way better. Because we already know that Koda doesn't respect Bo in the least, so he completely ignores him and sets the chat on private. Admins only. Why is it a good thing? ... Because Bo was streaming. Yeah, I'm not making this up. It's that good.

I don't know all the exact words, but at this point Bo is now telling our now two-dimensional villain that he can't stop people from talking like that, and that they have, and I quote, "the right to partecipate".

The chat was then reopened, still in slow mode, but not much has happened on it so far. In the public chat however I took the chance to join in and strike the iron while it was hot:

A bit childish with Koda I'll admit, but damn if it wasn't a long time coming.

I'll let you guys draw your own conclusions from this, as I believe a lot can be understood by what happened this morning, especially with Koda's reaction to it all. Clearly the guy had something to hide. Now will Bo Wei learn from this and actually release his own work? Honestly given their past I doubt it, but I think some good was done today regardless. Baby steps.

Bigboi, if you reading this, you've brought some joy in a usually joyless work of espionage. Godspeed.
Holy tits in my mouth... Here is a shonen much more captivating than Naruto!
Huge congrats to Bigboi who seems to have shaken the foundations of the eternal ouasiveness that seemed to surround the ToT project.
It's certain that Bo will have to break up with Koda for good if we ever want to see the end of this game, and find another daddy, since reading this conversation we can easily see that Bo really needs to be constantly supervised and under someone's authority to move forward.
It would be ideal for him to work in duo with Dekarous and his team as mentioned above, who produce the best other game in this category, but let's be realistic and keep it simple.
Bo only needs someone who is fluent in English to do the texts, who can coach him keeping in mind that the goal is to make the best possible content for ToT.
I'm sure many of us could do this on the forum, even for free, for the good of the game, but Bo won't come to us, you witness his behavior, it's up to the motivated people to go and offer their help to Bo.
Thanks again to Bigboi and Zaz for sharing that, and of course; More Lily.

applekund

Jul 30, 2020
Do you guy realize how different English and Mandarin are? It's literally different character, structure and pronunciation , not to mention the cultural gap between us. Please to to a Chinese forum and try to communicate with them and see how "easy" it is. Bo Wei isn't the bad guy here, he probably think that if he drop Koda, then all his western fans is going to unsub because of Bo engrish. We need to find someone to replace Koda. Since Bo Wei doesn't feel confidence in dealing with western fans alone.

Feb 2, 2020
So many people going against bo too and I have to ask if anyone realises that koda is manipulative? Not just to the fans but bo too. Bo wei has likely been told by koda that hes the one making the game good for english speakers and after each update he gets to shove that face in bo's stupid engrish face like a bully (ironic considering the stuff these two work on). Bo has fucked up, I bet hes actually a little scared to let koda go. You can call koda a lying asshole but its bo who really needs to wake up. Maybe he is... slowly... ethier way I dont think we are getting anything till bo finishes heelfall. I hope one day someone quicker and alot more motivated and horny takes over kodas scammy fucking ass.

(gearless joe I await your novel response. please mommy joe!)

Feb 2, 2020
Patreon - Where projects go to die a slow, procrastinating death.
while not all stuff ends up like this, this is why the people who defend patreon and most of these online donation type websites can go fuck themselves. Most people who go to these usually slow down as they can make money by releasing very little content, maybe even less then usual. People deserve to get payed for their work but if they release barely anything and just let the money roll in then they deserve to have their shit pirated.

Reactions: CNR25

Geralt_of_Trivia

Jan 27, 2019
1613873271293.png
kicking koda off the team i dont think would hurt anyone other than koda, nor would i doubt anyone be sad to see him gone (except the patrons still drinking the coolaid and bo because he seems to have a big heart).
There a plenty of people who would be happy to touch up Bo's writing and like someone said, koda's writing is good but its not gods gift to man. Plenty of people on F95 translate things as a hobby and with what some of them have as reference they do wonders with it.

Even when Sylph did the original tiffanys trap it was decent, more so than waiting 5months for something slightly that is embellished and use a little more imagery.

Cynic777

Nov 18, 2018
If we take a look on 2d female domination games on the f95. Writing wasnt the bad part of the majority of them. Problems were always with drawings and graphics and maybe sometime programming. Take a look at - Katalist (ToT inspired project, but with regular updates already has a decent fanbase, despite of having really odd drawings.) Domina - low detailed pretty simple drawings, with very low amount of them. (Not really my type because mistresses are very linear despite of typing being decent). And finally - MGD deeeeeecent typing, but also not really much images (can count on the fingers on one hand for each char). Basically it is text based. Yes, they all have another writing style than koda. He is more adjustible, while others hold their vector. (MGD - soft/romantic/ more of sex, Domina - extreme, without much prelude, Katalyst - close to koda style, but a bit worse.) So in conclusion wanna say to bo. Amount of femdom writers is HUGE( i didnt mention text based games, deviant art stories, maybe someone on fanfiction) , just do the casting, and you can do that because ToT is a brend already. So the way is - Fuck Koda --> Find whoever you want --> Unite --> do the shit. With this GREAT art potential Bo has (despite of this thief from msize bla bla doesnt really matter) we can MAKE TOT GREAT AGAIN.

ipps

Dec 27, 2018
I think the perfect solution for bo is to Mike Patton this thing.

Keep koda exclusively focused on ToT (his faith no more). For other projects in the interim, start collaborating with other writers (his peeping toms, tomahawks, mr bungle and fantomas).

If Bo needs his creative outlet, it might be fun for him to design around the different input of those folks. I'd love to see a darktoz x bo collab. Both have insane creativity and work ethic. It'd also be interested seeing bo's art in the context of darktoz' more... aggressive tone. It'd also be fun to see if darktoz could enjoy designing around bo's more milfy/foot fetish universe. I think its one of those collabs that could bear some really fun fruit.

Z - Reborn

totally not zazzaro
Mar 19, 2020
I care about writing a lot, which is why I consider WG's Emissary the best Bo Wei girl despite not having a single CG, that said what you posted there can be solved by anyone with enough mastery of the english language. Many already offered their help with that, one of which being Bahamut, who has prior experience.

What really would be lost with Koda's departure would be the big 5-dollar words. Again taking the Emissary as an example, at some point she calls piss "warm rivulets", which is brilliant.

So I won't deny that it would be a big loss for me personally, but first, having to pick between big words and delays is a no-brainer, and second, his writing has been in decline ever since 6.5F Pt2 imo.

And the guy who isn't Zazzaro, you know I love you , but you also know these are fax.
Nono, as a matter of fact I completely agree with you. I just despise Koda because I've seen the kind of person he is ever since I got my eyes on Discord, and frankly I'm sure he himself convinced Bo that he's irreplaceable, but I do agree that Bo should have taken action a long time ago.

Last edited:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
If we take a look on 2d female domination games on the f95. Writing wasnt the bad part of the majority of them. Problems were always with drawings and graphics and maybe sometime programming. Take a look at - Katalist (ToT inspired project, but with regular updates already has a decent fanbase, despite of having really odd drawings.) Domina - low detailed pretty simple drawings, with very low amount of them. (Not really my type because mistresses are very linear despite of typing being decent). And finally - MGD deeeeeecent typing, but also not really much images (can count on the fingers on one hand for each char). Basically it is text based. Yes, they all have another writing style than koda. He is more adjustible, while others hold their vector. (MGD - soft/romantic/ more of sex, Domina - extreme, without much prelude, Katalyst - close to koda style, but a bit worse.) So in conclusion wanna say to bo. Amount of femdom writers is HUGE( i didnt mention text based games, deviant art stories, maybe someone on fanfiction) , just do the casting, and you can do that because ToT is a brend already. So the way is - Fuck Koda --> Find whoever you want --> Unite --> do the shit. With this GREAT art potential Bo has (despite of this thief from msize bla bla doesnt really matter) we can MAKE TOT GREAT AGAIN.
Agreed with what you said. Also I really love Domina and cannot wait for it's next REGULAR update.

As for MTGA: The Tower just got 10 floors higher!

Mar 10, 2020
I care about writing a lot, which is why I consider WG's Emissary the best Bo Wei girl despite not having a single CG, that said what you posted there can be solved by anyone with enough mastery of the english language. Many already offered their help with that, one of which being Bahamut, who has prior experience.

What really would be lost with Koda's departure would be the big 5-dollar words. Again taking the Emissary as an example, at some point she calls piss "warm rivulets", which is brilliant.
Does Koda do the narrative/plot/events too, or Bo Wei is just telling Koda what he wants and what should happen and Koda just writes dialogues in English? Because I really like the narrative/plot too in Tiffany's Trap, where she makes you watch willingly drain your friend. When you try to stop her, she casts a spell on you and transfer your soul to your friend's body. She then drains it dry while you're in your friend's POV and you feel the pleasure. The second night when she drains another one, she lets you choose if you want to watch or transfer your soul to your friend's body. Both decision trading your friend's life for pleasure.

I've since looked for snuff doujins/games, but I can't find something similar to that particular scene in Tiffany's Trap. When I saw the announcement of Level:0, I was really excited that maybe it would be something similar to Tiffany's Trap. But alas...

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
So I won't deny that it would be a big loss for me personally, but first, having to pick between big words and delays is a no-brainer, and second, his writing has been in decline ever since 6.5F Pt2 imo.
Yeah I don't disagree with the thrust of what you're saying, only wanted to make that one disagreement. I think on top of the writing though Koda will often add more concrete game material, like stabilizing Bo's catastrophically unbalanced games into something that tracks surprisingly well, and fixing some of the technical complications Bo finds himself snared in like the mess of the interlude. In case that wasn't public knowledge, Bo did some weird static stuff for floor 6.5 that made his job easier but is the cause of the very slow load time for that area compared to everywhere else.

Which is still not me saying Koda is irreplaceable and all is well, I've just been friends with the guy for long enough that I know a lot of what he does (other than the stupid filler stuff that wastes time for no good reason), and it goes further than writing and into a technical role that Bo seems to lack the patience for. It's more than finding someone to do the edits on Bo's English, also need someone competent with scripting/game design.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes