RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Z - Reborn

totally not zazzaro
Mar 19, 2020
Does Koda do the narrative/plot/events too, or Bo Wei is just telling Koda what he wants and what should happen and Koda just writes dialogues in English?
He does and he doesn't. It's really a project-to-project thing.

It's more than finding someone to do the edits on Bo's English, also need someone competent with scripting/game design.
i know full well, but a good game designer is relatively easy to find, as long as you pay. Koda's writing is harder to replace. Not because it's so good such talent is rare to find, but because at this point ToT has a set writing style, and while finding a competent femdom writer shouldn't be too hard, it'll take time to find one that fits.

In the meantime, translations are the way to go.

mooseanon21

Nov 21, 2018
There seems to be a lot of wishful thinking going on here. If writing good femdom would be so easy, we would have seen it by now, since the demand is there after all. Also you need to implement this stuff, i.e. actual coding needs to be done. And I am sure, that there is enough spaghetti going on in ToT by now that any newcomer would have to spend a considerable time getting to know the project before any semblance of productivity could be expected.

While I agree that the current situation is less than satisfactory, this is most likely not the moment where a simple solution will present itself.

Reactions: nicknicola

Superman007

Oct 27, 2020
I wrote a crappy poem as a tribute to all that went down on the discord, because I was just, so, HAPPY.

hope some will like it

Reactions: JnCs17

Superman007

Oct 27, 2020
HEAR-YE!!! HEAR-YE!!! I ONCE AGAIN BRING NEWS,
Z - Reborn said its good so I gotta give it multiple views.

What looked like just bad weather was followed by a series of storms,
Comment after comment breaking the usual norms.

It was bigboi224 who got the guts and started with "you can slap nuts"
I was already happy enough to go clap some butts.

But it only got better from here on,
The words of truth giving way to a new dawn.

People started advising Bo about his role,
While Koda, still shocked, was on mode "damage-control".

When Koda tried to make Bo chat in private, he replied with a no,
Wasn't this the backbone we wanted him to grow long ago?

While the iron was still hot, zazzaro entered with a post,
Hitting the 2D villain where it hurts the most.

In this dark tunnel, it comes off as a new set of lights,
I hope it rejuvenates....
those unseen sprites.

surgicalprecision

Jun 10, 2020
HEAR-YE!!! HEAR-YE!!! I ONCE AGAIN BRING NEWS,
Z - Reborn said its good so I gotta give it multiple views.

What looked like just bad weather was followed by a series of storms,
Comment after comment breaking the usual norms.

It was bigboi224 who got the guts and started with "you can slap nuts"
I was already happy enough to go clap some butts.

But it only got better from here on,
The words of truth giving way to a new dawn.

People started advising Bo about his role,
While Koda, still shocked, was on mode "damage-control".

When Koda tried to make Bo chat in private, he replied with a no,
Wasn't this the backbone we wanted him to grow long ago?

While the iron was still hot, zazzaro entered with a post,
Hitting the 2D villain where it hurts the most.

In this dark tunnel, it comes off as a new set of lights,
I hope it rejuvenates....
those unseen sprites.
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
1613913947663.png

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
And I am sure, that there is enough spaghetti going on in ToT by now that any newcomer would have to spend a considerable time getting to know the project before any semblance of productivity could be expected.
But then the answer is obvious: It's time to put the current build of ToT to rest. The potential loss of saves is a small price to pay for an actual stable, easy-to-work-on release.
If feeling like progress was lost is a big deal, they can just make a Bioware-style quiz for only the most important choices at the start of the new build and call it a day, I doubt anyone besides Solaire would care all that much. And as for old villainesses getting updates, just make small replicas of their floors higher in the tower, you can basically explain anything with "Naga Pearl magic" thanks to how ass-pulley the writing has become.

But of course, this idea is pure common sense, so you know for a fact that Boda will never do anything like it.
While I agree that the current situation is less than satisfactory, this is most likely not the moment where a simple solution will present itself.
Doesn't matter if there's no simple solution, anything will be an improvement over the current situation. Development is so dead that there's nothing to lose, even if I'm not of the mind that Bo will suddenly see the light and fire Koda because people are getting too rowdy on Discord.

Last edited:

Sketchy1

Aug 25, 2019
I'm at the point where I check in once every 3 months or so just to see if there's been an update. Usually if I don't see the version number go up I don't even bother looking at whatever the excuse is. But today I decided to check out the shit show and I have to say that "you can slap nuts" has brought me more joy than anything else since the Crow update.

rageaholic

Jan 1, 2019
There seems to be a lot of wishful thinking going on here. If writing good femdom would be so easy, we would have seen it by now, since the demand is there after all.
Already happening, which is why multiple games in the overall genre are gaining support while this one's remained stagnant. Sure, it has the benefit of being a relative pioneer as it were, but the lack of fresh content has caused things to stall out.

If I were them, I'd spend less time bickering and making excuses, and more time getting shit done one way or another. Goes double for Bo since he's the leader of the two. Put up or shut up.

lakano

Dec 8, 2020
View attachment 1046530
kicking koda off the team i dont think would hurt anyone other than koda, nor would i doubt anyone be sad to see him gone (except the patrons still drinking the coolaid and bo because he seems to have a big heart).
There a plenty of people who would be happy to touch up Bo's writing and like someone said, koda's writing is good but its not gods gift to man. Plenty of people on F95 translate things as a hobby and with what some of them have as reference they do wonders with it.

Even when Sylph did the original tiffanys trap it was decent, more so than waiting 5months for something slightly that is embellished and use a little more imagery.
im here for kodas writing not for bos uterly mediocre traced badly drawn feet ..ither then greycrimson koda is the best femdom videogame writer onvthis site...i realize this is a low bar but its true ...kicking him isent the solution

Geralt_of_Trivia

Jan 27, 2019
im here for kodas writing not for bos uterly mediocre traced badly drawn feet ..ither then greycrimson koda is the best femdom videogame writer onvthis site...i realize this is a low bar but its true ...kicking him isent the solution
you realise koda doesnt have a monopoly on writing though right? there are plenty of other people who can write just as well if not better than him, sure it may take a moment to find someone who fits the style and setting but doing so would provide a decent work environment for bo (which is where koda's writing comes from embellishment or not)

If you truly are here for koda over bo you should ask him to write some short stories or something, he can take his 'talents' to another place that supports his self glorified procrastination

Asavar

Apr 16, 2020
epic trollerman over here

Ahryma

May 28, 2019
I'm "updating" from 1.16.2.1 so I wanted to ask, what's new in between to the latest ver.? if anything notable
Most games have a changelog if you open the spoiler underneath it on the first post of every game thread. Though the notable part you should know is:
- Claus Part II has been added
Have fun with Claus even tho Koda released it when the holiday excitement already came to a close!

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes