RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

bagofbats

Oct 18, 2020
It feels like the development is very disorganized. I have no info so maybe some of you can clear that up but as far as I read it, Bo makes the Art and Dialogue and Koda the code and translations?
Do the have a github/gitlab?
I'm following many different indie devs and the best have WEEKly development logs where they share in text or video form what they've been working on (Anton Hand from H3VR as a very stellar example).
If the programmer doesn't have a full time job, there's little excuse for not having a (bi)weekly update schedule and I think it's the Patrons' right to ask for something like it, especially given the duration of the delay already. I still don't know about their life situation but if they want to live off their work, they have to get more structured in it.
I mean for Bo it's easier because art is inherently creative and harder to gauge but as a lazy programmer myself I know what's possible in 2 weeks of work.

But I can't imagine I'm the first one to think of that so you guys can fill me in on why regular development updates aren't a thing

Zanmaraxa

Apr 20, 2018
Bo on patreon
20210519_105853.jpg
I like the new character (always had a thing for egyptian themes) and i can see that Bo has already worked a lot on her. I also appreciate the somehow organized progress report with what has been done, what's left and how is he gonna work the next month.
But tbh knowing that Koda will get his hand on this and delay it as much as possible as an excuse to not work on the considerable ammount of things he has to do (or postpone it to work on those things first) makes it really hard to get happy about these news (sorry for my bad english)

SSDiamond

Apr 20, 2020
I like the new character (always had a thing for egyptian themes) and i can see that Bo has already worked a lot on her. I also appreciate the somehow organized progress report with what has been done, what's left and how is he gonna work the next month.
But tbh knowing that Koda will get his hand on this and delay it as much as possible as an excuse to not work on the considerable ammount of things he has to do (or postpone it to work on those things first) makes it really hard to get happy about these news (sorry for my bad english)
Koda won’t be touching F8 until F7 is done at the earliest other than possibly touching up Bo’s script. The whole point of Bo working on F8 is that he’s doing it by himself for the most part while Koda attempts to get his shit together. Koda could make additions and changes to F8 down the road, but he won’t be impeding its initial release.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Koda won’t be touching F8 until F7 is done at the earliest other than possibly touching up Bo’s script. The whole point of Bo working on F8 is that he’s doing it by himself for the most part while Koda attempts to get his shit together. Koda could make additions and changes to F8 down the road, but he won’t be impeding its initial release.
Just like Koda finishing Level 0 and not touching Heelfall?

besaid

Aug 19, 2019
Yeah but that was the point of games like Tiffany's Trap, side content while Koda caught up to Bo. Koda somehow managed to turn that idea into more delays and more on his to do list. Its a shame because he does make good content to be fair. Just has no work ethic and makes a lot of excuses.

YugataKisu

May 5, 2019
best case scenario we will get a new floor around october and even that is unlikely
koda sayin he is working on something rn means absolute nothing he had 2 years for 7F
where is it at?

Tarotter

Jun 4, 2020
Koda did confirm that he is working on 7F, plus Bo gave a "deadline" for himself to finish working on 8F by the end of July if I recall correctly. Just give them time, this game and all their other projects are worth their efforts.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: smellyz44

Notsuba

Mar 16, 2021
Hi ! Does anyone knows how to reach the end with Miss Claus ? I can't find the gas mask (I guess?) for the labyrinth behind the fire place, and reach the big chest for the third (and last I suppose) time.

leonwerto

Dec 21, 2018
I have been following this thread for more than two years still no f7. they relaesed kaori preview in 2019. july impossiblee

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Please keep the discussion about the game, if you have nothing to talk about this game then move the fuck on.

Coming back here every day to whine about the lack of release only helps to keep this thread trending and the game popular, there are almost nine thousand games in the forum, go find the perfect little game for you.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes