RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

TIKI434

Aug 7, 2018
Why dont you stop defending two dudes who have basically been played 12k to slowly release dialogue boxes over the past half a year.
i dont defend them im legitimatly asking a lot of people have expressed that they think programing for rpg maker is eazy i dont know either way so why dont you do it and open your own patreon with a fresh game as a spiritual sucessor ?

inthef95zone

Sep 21, 2017
New lady didn't feel enough so we're going bigger with it...wonder where i heard that before, yup it's the 7F fiasco all over again

tigerlady360

Dec 17, 2018
New lady didn't feel enough so we're going bigger with it...wonder where i heard that before, yup it's the 7F fiasco all over again
its also what happened with WG. which despite its issues i do enjoy. i think that if it wasnt for 7f and the fact that its basically just a rehash of an earlier creation, it might have been better recieved? maybe im to optimistic \0/

Truemourne

May 7, 2019
I mean at this point it's a dead end. He feels scared to release stuff because no matter what it doesn't justify a 10 month wait. So he feels he needs to add more, thus delaying the thing further. This goes on in a loop. I honestly think it's just incompetence.

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
Can't even compromise with "an interlude" (guess it's smaller than a floor/Miss Clausque) and somehow after F7 (in 2056) they are gonna stick to smaller floors. I wonder how is the discord reaction to BoKoda bullshit this delay time.

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
No, he needs to work on it too, and he's the slow one of the 2 so yeah.
They're actually kinda both working on it. There's a back-and-forth going on, including on the actual content of the interlude. I've been chatting to him all afternoon and for the brief period that it was on-topic he was telling me how the original interlude draft was unacceptably sparse on content and together they came up with a really hot idea. I know some of the combat mechanics planned are hot as hell, the real question is just how long it's going to take the pair to finish the thing.

Anyway, Koda's also told me that if you guys have specific questions or feedback, I can relay to him and let you know what he says. Obviously that's restricted to questions or feedback that are legit lel. I'm a bit better at explaining things than Koda so it's probably a good idea. And before you say it, I've already asked him about what's going on with WG and ToT and the interlude and this is the short version: The interlude has some combat mechanics that are going to get reused in new stuff to great effect, unfortunately not double fights but still stuff I think helps with immersion. He's intensely excited for one of the things they came up with for the interlude, but no word on what it is exactly. No ETA either, which suits me since his ETAs are always wrong anyway lol

1570689244168.png

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
1: Doing something yourself takes the joy from it. I am a 'pretty' competent writer (using ambiguous terms because I'm not elite), but I could never 'get off' from my own work, and neither can most people.
I wonder where people get this from. I don't doubt you and some others have trouble enjoying stuff you make yourselves, but what makes you think this is in any way the norm?
I think most people don't have an issue enjoying the things they create, the only difference is that that they'll never experience these for the first time without prior knowledge of them like an outsider would. But that doesn't actually make anything less enjoyable. As counterintuitive as it may seem, scientific studies show that most spoilers actually enhance the enjoyment you get out of reading any type of story, for example.
They're actually kinda both working on it. There's a back-and-forth going on, including on the actual content of the interlude. I've been chatting to him all afternoon and for the brief period that it was on-topic he was telling me how the original interlude draft was unacceptably sparse on content and together they came up with a really hot idea. I know some of the combat mechanics planned are hot as hell, the real question is just how long it's going to take the pair to finish the thing.

Anyway, Koda's also told me that if you guys have specific questions or feedback, I can relay to him and let you know what he says. Obviously that's restricted to questions or feedback that are legit lel. I'm a bit better at explaining things than Koda so it's probably a good idea. And before you say it, I've already asked him about what's going on with WG and ToT and the interlude and this is the short version: The interlude has some combat mechanics that are going to get reused in new stuff to great effect, unfortunately not double fights but still stuff I think helps with immersion. He's intensely excited for one of the things they came up with for the interlude, but no word on what it is exactly. No ETA either, which suits me since his ETAs are always wrong anyway lol

View attachment 424471
I'd ask two things: a) Why does he insist in making more and more new mechanics for the games when people would be much more content with just plain new content it meant no delays? (no pun intended)
b) Has he started making his own art like he told us in one of the announcements once? Is the unreleased art from Cobra's expansion his?
And if I were talking to him directly I'd ask him whether he has thought of going to therapy to deal with his obsessiveness, but I get how that could be awkward if you plan to keep speaking with the guy lol

Last edited:

Incognito Guy

totally not zazzaro
Jan 5, 2019

View attachment 424471
Thanks for sharing this.

The only question I belive people have here is why does he keep adding stuff in if the point of the last 3 projects he worked on (interlude, wg and summer cleaning) were all made to fill the gap made by 7F?

Now the only answer that comes to mind is hiding lazyness behind feature-creep, but he can't really say that, can he? So let's hear it.

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
A: I wonder where people get this from. I don't doubt you and some others have trouble enjoying stuff you make yourselves, but what makes you think this is in any way the norm?
B: Why does he insist in making more and more new mechanics for the games when people would be much more content with just plain new content it meant no delays? (no pun intended)
C: Has he started making his own art like he told us in one of the announcements once? Is the unreleased art from Cobra's expansion his?
D: And if I were talking to him directly I'd ask him whether he has thought of going to therapy to deal with his obsessiveness, but I get how that could be awkward if you plan to keep speaking with the guy lol
A: This wasn't a question for me but I think the answer is that it's not something we normally talk about with other people so we all just get it in our heads that it's normal. I never realized it was very contentious whether siblings are sensitive over nudity in their own home. Same deal I think, not something people talk about so you just assume your own experience is normal.

B: I was a bit ambiguous; Bo came up with the idea, Koda just discussed it until they were both excited. Either way, the answer is just that they themselves aren't satisfied with the product if it's super simple. It's not good news but if they do simple stuff all the time I'd expect someone like Bo to jump ship. He's a very spontaneous person, believe that.

C: I asked him about this just now and confirmed it was really only for minor edits like for POVs. The smoke edits for Lady Cobra (not the pose), the halloween boob shot of Scarlett, stuff like that. I think he probably oversold it; he's never going to be able to do full proper CGs like Bo does and those are his words.

D: He's not that sort of obsessive lel

The only question I belive people have here is why does he keep adding stuff in if the point of the last 3 projects he worked on (interlude, wg and summer cleaning) were all made to fill the gap made by 7F?

Now the only answer that comes to mind is hiding lazyness behind feature-creep, but he can't really say that, can he? So let's hear it.
Warned him of exactly this a few hours back, here is the exchange (removed my Discord since I'm using my formal account and I'm not a nobody; don't want to risk being recognized lmao):
1570695345424.png
Up until recently he's been making the same silly mistake, but now just needs to start releasing stuff provided it isn't scarce enough that the end result is noticeably worse for new players. If he continues expanding unnecessarily after he finally pushes this shit out then you can bet I'll be reminding him of this conversation lol.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes