VN Ren'Py Abandoned Town Affairs [v0.3.2 Bugfix] [Narz]

1.30 star(s) 7 Votes

cl0ckw3rk

Jan 3, 2018
Imagine doing months' of work on a project just for nobody to like it. That's not how software development works. A constant liaison with the client must be had to ensure that the end product is satisfying. Giving us a tease is just like movies and games releasing trailers for the product, so that people are made aware of it and can follow it. In this case, the dev might need financial support or feedback and what better way than to release a product that's not fully fleshed out so it being modified isn't that big of a deal, workload wise.
I've got a bunch of better ideas if people need financial support than by relying on shitty demos and Patreon bucks. The software analogy is terrible by the way. These games and projects are more akin to art, and unless you've proven to yourself and the community that you can be a business producing high quality works, then you should only be working on them out of passion. Making them for others in hopes of getting paid? Hell no. Do it for yourself because you want to and because you have drive and a vision.

khaledd

Sep 8, 2018
I've got a bunch of better ideas if people need financial support than by relying on shitty demos and Patreon bucks. The software analogy is terrible by the way. These games and projects are more akin to art, and unless you've proven to yourself and the community that you can be a business producing high quality works, then you should only be working on them out of passion. Making them for others in hopes of getting paid? Hell no. Do it for yourself because you want to and because you have drive and a vision.
well said

Reactions: cl0ckw3rk

morpheusahrms

Sep 11, 2017
Game has really good art, love the characters, Nothing really happening yet, just setting up the story for when dev has some content. Not a bad story line, not that original either. The art will be worth a visit in a couple more releases.
Captain Red
Same sentiment. That's the problem with Sandbox games, they need a TON of content before people really can get hooked and a feel for the game as it is intended to be in the end. In such an early stage it is mostly frustrating to search for the few available nuggets. So... Looks promising and what is in there is nice enough. Needs time and content though to shine.

grapedog

Feb 24, 2018
looks promising for sure, but it's all goofy... you can have repeat conversations, of things you have already gone past, doing things multiple times.

It's got promise, and i'll keep any eye on it, keep up the good work.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
this is another "you'll have fun in the 8th update" games...which is a pity as some of the characters are quite enticing..everything that is there so far works well and runs smooth..pity there is close to zero content after 3 updates..except perving on the neighbor through your telescope o_O

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
the d/l for windows appears corrupted. I got like half a meg and it gave me "unexpected end of archive". The mega link gets to about 3 megabytes and then restarts the download endlessly.

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
this is another "you'll have fun in the 8th update" games...which is a pity as some of the characters are quite enticing..everything that is there so far works well and runs smooth..pity there is close to zero content after 3 updates..except perving on the neighbor through your telescope o_O
i guess ill wait some more to play this after reading the reviews and the your comment

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
Bradley in school says to come to his place next day when no one is home. I go to him the next day morning and he says Ill show you something and then it days to be continued. Is there no more content with Bradley at the moment?

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
I think the game needs to be reworked. Events are repeating. Like everytime mc is seeing mom sleeping in the living room mc is asking for keys even after getting the goods from uncle to Olivia's house and same with Olivia task. Now mc is driving her in the Day in the car and getting back the same antique again and again.

kang kun

Jul 5, 2017
Okay, I usually don’t feel right criticizing games on f95 since i play for free But , THIS, this game is so bad that it is just so bad. First UI should be fixed so that you can actually tell from thumbnails where it is going to lead when i click it . It should not just show the frontdoor of the house it is going to but should show whose house it is when you put a mouse over or something like that. And secondly goddanm fucking dialogue and quest alignment! Talking about a book should not appear when you are yet to hear anything about a fucking book. Normally i would just think mistakes like this a glitch from worng coding cause it is just too basic game mechanic stuff but in this it is clear that dev had not put on any thoughts or efforts. I know this is a free project but man just take it slower and plan before putting efforts into it. Make a quest chart to show yourself what dialogue should be activated etc , cause without preplanning much of the efforts you put into just becomes a big pile of buggy waste i would hate to see it happen cause i loved the renders man

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
If the project is free, there's really no need to delay the gratification of the player, unless you just don't have the renders ready yet. You can do this a number of ways:
1. MC "accidentally" sees Mom/Sis/Friend's Mom naked
2. MC has vivid dream or fantasizes about women in game
3. A retelling of the legend of the book/gods shows a sex scene set in Africa
4. MC visualizes women naked or in underwear while in scene with them
5. MC has first sexual interaction with a side or minor character

A good rule of thumb on updates:
1. Adding a couple new scenes--monthly
2. Bugfixes--as needed, and as quickly as possible
3. Major additions or expansions--every 2 to 3 months
4. HUGE expansion or addition--maybe 4 months is excusable, though some kind of preview probably appreciated in that instance

My impression is that most games are started and completed(or abandoned) within a 6-36 month time frame. I think creativity peters out or people lose interest if it takes longer than that, generally speaking. Summertime Saga began in mid-2016 and is still going, but it has regular updates and a sprawling story line. Man of the House started about a year and a half ago. Dreams of Desire was started and completed in under a year and a half, though I don't know how long they were working on it before initial release. Point being, the dev should have both a storyline and a development timetable before they decide to release even the early version, imo. Every novelist starts their novel knowing how it will end.

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
Please, after the mother says that the car keys are in her room, she appears sleeping in the room again and there is nothing in the room ... any tips? Thank you.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Everytime I get a notification that you replied to a thread that I follow it is always abandoned sad af
Don't worry too much about this one, as i'm pretty pretty sure the game was "abandoned" already and dev came back this year. The thing is, the only kind of posts on patreon Narz writes is actual updates after long months of silence. So, no communication in between at all. Not a good way to promote the game for sure.

Reactions: OneWayMissile

OneWayMissile

Jul 24, 2018
Don't worry too much about this one, as i'm pretty pretty sure the game was "abandoned" already and dev came back this year. The thing is, the only kind of posts on patreon Narz writes is actual updates after long months of silence. So, no communication in between at all. Not a good way to promote the game for sure.
Yeah, also doing micro updates with almost zero content is not really good too

1.30 star(s) 7 Votes