3.60 star(s) 53 Votes

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
Oh Yeah, . . . I don't think "Nel" is actually "kill-able" . . .
( unless, of course, there is a 'set' number of times, she can 'die-again',( like 10), and she's gone forever . :unsure:

I took her to zero hit points, several times, and she just came back .
Surprisingly, . . . nicer . . . instead of mad or meaner ,
(maybe that's the way to get the " Friendly Ghost Nel " ) :unsure:

Archetype0

Jun 9, 2022
Oh Yeah, . . . I don't think "Nel" is actually "kill-able" . . .
( unless, of course, there is a 'set' number of times, she can 'die-again',( like 10), and she's gone forever . :unsure:

I took her to zero hit points, several times, and she just came back .
Surprisingly, . . . nicer . . . instead of mad or meaner ,
(maybe that's the way to get the " Friendly Ghost Nel " ):unsure:
You might be on to something? Though kind of sucks that the game does nothing to really indicate change.. and there's no real walkthroughs or data mines out right now to help point us in the right direction..

Edit:
Are there any examples of nice vs mean Nel? Like I only have the one that I've been using.. And I have a hard time categorizing her as "Mean" or "Nice" For all intent and purposes, she's actually been being quite helpful to Celica in my playthrough. Though she does pop up and take over my body sometimes, it always gives me the option to say no (Though it does make her upset if I don't trust her/say no). She also constantly says things like "Don't worry about anything. Leave deepening your relationships to me." or "I'll make friends for us. Don't worry about it" Which.. I guess could be considered nice.. but.. Overall, what if I wanted to be the one to make the friends?

One thing that may be indicative though? When I came to the part where I was talking to the elf girl in her tree house, she stated that it was amazing that this ghost girl had managed to be purified, but was still around? Idk if she says this for either path or what though

Last edited:

Blue2343

Mar 4, 2022
Ok i have a question. This has been so frustrating. Trying to meet the stupid ghost for the 2nd time. But every freaking time midnight happens it says I am too tired and have to go to sleep. With no other options. Any way I can increase my energy or take a nap or SOMETHING so I can freaking interact with the ghost without forcing me to go home and sleep!? Sheesh.
you have to use the alchemy skill to make an energy potion so you can stay awake

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
New Report : Subject "Nel . . . The Friendlier Ghost" :unsure:

I've been "fighting" her . . . (but, not "killing-her"), She wins thru "lusting-up" Celica .
She than takes over her body, has some fun, and then gives body back to Celica . . .
She's acting more friend-ly/nicer, and less, demanding possessor .

We will see how this works out . :unsure: (hopeful, this is the "Nel" we want . . . ?) "fingers-crossed"

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
you have to use the alchemy skill to make an energy potion so you can stay awake
Guess you missed my post . . . I said pretty much the same already . . . ( but included the Recipe also, and reminded them to buy the Alchemy book .)

Hopefully they saw my post, :unsure: or, will see yours, if not . . . ;)

Blue2343

Mar 4, 2022
Guess you missed my post . . . I said pretty much the same already . . . ( but included the Recipe also, and reminded them to buy the Alchemy book .)

Hopefully they saw my post, :unsure: or, will see yours, if not . . . ;)
i saw the post but this threed does not have a jump to new post button so notifications are the easiest way to find new info

Reactions: Highland_Hunter

artslaver

Mar 1, 2019
All this mean / nice Nel is pretty much rumours and false information. This game has few choices and most of them are pretty much on rails. You either do what you are supposed to do or that particular path of content full stops. If you don't go along with what Nel wants, the game progression just stops.
And killing / ignoring Nel is obviously not an option. As much as some would like that, she is one of the main characters along with Celica. The game revolves around you finding her and the main story progression is locked until you finish some of her events. Again, she is not a random ghost, she is a main character.

Reactions: ZLt

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
All this mean / nice Nel is pretty much rumors and false information. This game has few choices and most of them are pretty much on rails. You either do what you are supposed to do or that particular path of content full stops. If you don't go along with what Nel wants, the game progression just stops.
And killing / ignoring Nel is obviously not an option. As much as some would like that, she is one of the main characters along with Celica. The game revolves around you finding her and the main story progression is locked until you finish some of her events. Again, she is not a random ghost, she is a main character.
" rumors and false information " . . . Your "opinion" is your opinion . . . it doesn't mean your correct

. . . only the Dev has that knowledge .

" she is not a random ghost " . . . Who said she was ? :rolleyes: . . . " she is a main character. " . . .

But, with out Celica . . . She is nothing . . . But a ghost . . . :sneaky:

Dstarshine

Sep 26, 2021
∆∆∆
| | |

i saw the post but this threed does not have a jump to new post button so notifications are the easiest way to find new info
The notification only tell you [named] posted something in these thread (only if you press the "watch" button above near the title of the threads) just to let you know, or it said a specific user that either liked or quote something's from your posts.

You can press that notification which will send you to that person it mentioned post on that thread. But in case of not relating to you then it wont notify you again (prevent spaming i assume) if the time someone post next are still recent or the thread is in constant post after post follow up one after another. So you can only tell by the date and time or the "new" of someone post tho (right above these comment of mine where i put those 3 arrow) and just use that instead.
Also scroll up and check other people incase you missed someone post that considered "new" cause it count to those you havent seen yet from the last posted you have seen.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
I kind of feel like you should remove the entire tavern/rumour mechanic entirely.

Those events/quests that you trigger by talking to him? Just have them be roaming around in the world after you reach the appropriate level.

His longwinded speel every single time is so annoying that even the heroine tells him to shut up, so how do you think your players will feel about it?
Furthermore, his lines are kind of dumb when it's something mundane.
"There's a weirdo at the eastern gate, so I heard. Strangest rumour i've ever heard."
Is it though? Is it that really that strange for a weird person to be hanging around?

It just feels like makework, having to go talk to him to get new events all the time.

At the very least prevent him from repeating the same hints when I'm trying to look for a new quest.
I know Lucien's sister would like it if I gave him money, but i'm still trying to afford my first spellbook so shut the fuck up and give me a real quest already.

Last edited:
Reactions: menatv

carbonbw

Feb 14, 2022
I kind of feel like you should remove the entire tavern/rumour mechanic entirely.

Those events/quests that you trigger by talking to him? Just have them be roaming around in the world after you reach the appropriate level.

His longwinded speel every single time is so annoying that even the heroine tells him to shut up, so how do you think your players will feel about it?
Furthermore, his lines are kind of dumb when it's something mundane.
"There's a weirdo at the eastern gate, so I heard. Strangest rumour i've ever heard."
Is it though? Is it that really that strange for a weird person to be hanging around?

It just feels like makework, having to go talk to him to get new events all the time.
But you don't HAVE to go to the tavern, it's just a hint.
The quests all work without consulting the bartender in my experience.

Reactions: weradti

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
But you don't HAVE to go to the tavern, it's just a hint.
The quests all work without consulting the bartender in my experience.
No. you do.
The events that he tells you about don't happen until he's told you about them.

At least the ones involving events triggering when you enter areas anyway.
The ingredient shop midget, the weirdo (multiple) hovering around the town plaza. I did see the cat spawn before he told me about it though, come to think of it.

Speaking of, I obviously need a fish for this cat and people have said that there's a pier/fisherman who'll take this stupid stone slab that Celia refuses to talk to people about in exchange for a fish (is it useful ofr anything else?) but how do I access the fisherman?

Supposedly he's south of the forest, but there's no arrow so presumably I need to trigger some kind of event to bring me there, right?

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Supposedly he's south of the forest, but there's no arrow so presumably I need to trigger some kind of event to bring me there, right?
Nevermind, you just progress further through the ghost storyline.
speaking of, Nel functioning as an auto-battle mode is an interesting gimmick, but she keeps going to areas too weak to be useful.
Presumably I need to raise her relationship to make her take me to the beach I just unlocked, but I seem to do that by... letting her take me to the place I don't want to go, repeatedly.

Kind of boring.
If she's really supposed to help handle the drugery of the game then she shouldn't force you to waste multiple days fighting bugs after I've already spent weeks fighting those same bugs.

Maybe it's my fault for grinding for cash for new accessories and spells instead of beelining towards to ghost storyline, but it's still annoying.

Also, using Save Editor to cheat for money ("Coins") is almost a must. At least until you get the Golden Cat statue.
I wish Cheatengine's speedhack worked, but it doesn't seem to.

Reactions: menatv

Dstarshine

Sep 26, 2021
Nel functioning as an auto-battle mode is an interesting gimmick, but she keeps going to areas too weak to be useful.
Presumably I need to raise her relationship to make her take me to the beach I just unlocked, but I seem to do that by... letting her take me to the place I don't want to go, repeatedly.

Kind of boring.
If she's really supposed to help handle the drugery of the game then she shouldn't force you to waste multiple days fighting bugs after I've already spent weeks fighting those same bugs.
When Nel relationship is high enough and you have atleast fight in those place, you could talk to Nel and ask about her going to somewhere els specifically to grind instead of the same spot or random ones, including with/without party member as well. She could also ask you to use the potion to restore your energy or not to keep on grinding (only if you have them in your inventory or atleast be able to craft it ).

Maybe it's my fault for grinding for cash for new accessories and spells instead of beelining towards to ghost storyline, but it's still annoying.
If you have known about what I told you above already then is on you.. Is your choice after all to do what you want, but to do it effectively then focus more on doing the necessary part first then grind the rest later.

Dstarshine

Sep 26, 2021
How I find this two last secret events?
74 & 75
Really can't tell you if we don't know what your current gameplay status and what you have seen or met already that count as secret. That number could still be the one from older secret that you haven't unlock so unless you tell us then we can't help you much with only that.

You could also find your own answer if you look for old posted from people who have told about those event already tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: reboute

Dstarshine

Sep 26, 2021
No. you do.
The events that he tells you about don't happen until he's told you about them.

At least the ones involving events triggering when you enter areas anyway.
The ingredient shop midget, the weirdo (multiple) hovering around the town plaza. I did see the cat spawn before he told me about it though, come to think of it.
I do agree that sometime you needed to talk to the bartender to trigger a event and atleast to know what to do next when the previous scene you last saw doesn't hint about what to do next. But only a few of the main one since I guess those event is like a new starting point for your next journey.

reboute

Apr 20, 2023
Really can't tell you if we don't know what your current gameplay status and what you have seen or met already that count as secret. That number could still be the one from older secret that you haven't unlock so unless you tell us then we can't help you much with only that.

You could also find your own answer if you look for old posted from people who have told about those event already tho.
I figure out, thanks!

Reactions: Dstarshine

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
If you have known about what I told you above already then is on you.. Is your choice after all to do what you want, but to do it effectively then focus more on doing the necessary part first then grind the rest later.
Of course I didn't know. How could I know what unlocks later in the game before I get there?

The option to tell Nel where to go should be accessible by default. Having her randomly take you to a random dungeon is no use.
Her unequipping the treasure-box thing all the time is annoying too.
I mean, it's nice that she's trying to max out your accessories for you, but that one should be left in place. Potentially the cash-cat too, unless your wallet is full.

Reactions: Highland_Hunter
3.60 star(s) 53 Votes