3.60 star(s) 54 Votes

Jacie

Apr 21, 2019
Unlike what the code suggests (see below), the silver willpower bracelet, the silver poison timer, the silver watch, the silver bangles etc. cannot be fused with a gold nugget in order to receive the golden versions. Is this some kind of a bug or is there some other obscure requirement to do it?
Look like a bug, they can be fused even considering potion timer and watch very new, willpower bracelet def a bug, it was upgradable before.
Mithril thou hard to tell, not all gold item can go further in line.

where to use the magical beens?
Its just key item for future releases relax.

Tavern always have answers what to do.

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
ITEM CHEAT

Not sure if it has been posted before but here's a basic item cheat:

1. Enable Ren'Py console.

In the file renpy\common\00console.rpy :
Python:
config.console = True
2. Press SHIFT+O while in the game and type or copy and paste (CTRL+C & CTRL+V on a PC):

Python:
got_item(itemcode, amount)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SKILL AND ABILITY POINTS CHEAT:

Here's a way to add ability points and bonus skill points:

Edit: The game seems to recalculate and thus reset the changes above when your char is being possessed etc. so the method above is not permanent. Try the following instead. Haven't tested it thoroughly either cause I no longer have early saves, but it seems to work better. It kind of activates a part of the "cheat mode" (debug) in the code so it requires a change in the code:

1. Drop this file into the game folder. View attachment pin.7z

2. Add bonus skill points using this, the 'amount' could be as much as you need.

flag_list.set_num("bonus_pins", amount)

Let me know if you find any issues with it.

TREASURE FINDING CHEAT:

In order to increase the chance of finding the rare items, use the following console command a few times repeatedly (until the treasure chest bar turns orange or red):

also, use the following files if you don't want it to reset after finding a rare treasure or when you escape a battle (extract them into the game folder, where the archive.rpa is):

View attachment game.7z

HIGHER CAPACITY WALLETS:

The capacity of your wallet has been increased, you can now carry a lot more gold.

Small Wallet New Cap. = 6000
Normal Wallet New Cap. = 10000
Big Wallet New Cap. = 20000
Huge Wallet New Cap. = 60000

Extract the following file into the game folder: View attachment hicapwallet.7z

Important Note: Before installing these files, make sure to increase the wallet capacity in your current save to match the values above, otherwise a new game is required. To do that, type the following in the console:

main_vars["wallet"][3] = <new capacity>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look like a bug, they can be fused even considering potion timer and watch very new, willpower bracelet def a bug, it was upgradable before.
Mithril thou hard to tell, not all gold item can go further in line.
Apparently you have to equip them first and learn their skills (only available when you can toggle those skills on or off at the skills menu), otherwise you can't fuse them with gold. Had no problems fusing them with Mithril later on despite being a different skill, so not sure if it's a bug or another stupid design choice, maybe it only applies to the most basic skill.

Last edited:

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
Hm...I cna get the console to open, but NOT the developer menu.

Anyone know the variable name for lust?
I'm trying to get posssed MC into battle sex, but she kills enemies in just one - two attacks

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
Apparently you have to equip them first and learn their skills (only available when you can toggle those skills on or off at the skills menu), otherwise you can't fuse them with gold. Had no problems fusing them with Mithril later on despite being a different skill, so not sure if it's a bug or another stupid design choice, maybe it only applies to the most basic skill.
Might be a failsafe so the player won't miss out on the passive buff. Then again, the passive buffs could be automatically activated when the item is fused, so it is a design choice indeed. A lot of the design seems needlessly rigid and drawn-out.
I'm trying to get posssed MC into battle sex, but she kills enemies in just one - two attacks
Up Celica's Allure stat to make Nel more inclined to let monsters play with her.

Jackhole69

Sep 10, 2017
Anyone else extremely frustrated by the grapple/struggle mechanic that the game itself doesn't seem to understand the rules of? I had 70 willpower and 0 allure yet sometimes it takes 4 or more tries of struggling to shake off something that's held on it is incredibly frustrating to the point it feels pointless to try to spec specifically to not get grabbed or to efficiently free yourself.

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
Inhibition & Jackhole69

The game doesn't tell you this, but there are areas/monsters in the game that it's either impossible or very difficult to get through when you're alone, because of this grapple & struggle loop. For instance, mimics can easily destroy you with a punch & grapple sequence if you're alone. So try doing those areas with both companions (3 people party). Evie is really an annoying brat and completely useless in combat but can still be useful as an additional target. The elf girl on the other hand is very useful on higher levels when her sword damage is 700+. She also attacks the creature grappling you even if you choose to 'wait' and she has an additional free attack right after that. So get those companions as early as possible so that they can level up with you and can be useful in combat, which is probably how the game is meant to be played.

Reactions: The_Knut

Jackhole69

Sep 10, 2017
Inhibition & Jackhole69

The game doesn't tell you this, but there are areas/monsters in the game that it's either impossible or very difficult to get through when you're alone, because of this grapple & struggle loop. For instance, mimics can easily destroy you with a punch & grapple sequence if you're alone. So try doing those areas with both companions (3 people party). Evie is really an annoying brat and completely useless in combat but can still be useful as an additional target. The elf girl on the other hand is very useful on higher levels when her sword damage is 700+. She also attacks the creature grappling you even if you choose to 'wait' and she has an additional free attack right after that. So get those companions as early as possible so that they can level up with you and can be useful in combat, which is probably how the game is meant to be played.
That explains the desert oasis with the alraune and why nel never goes there for you. There should be some kind of warning in those areas that can at least hint to bring a friend, the fight I had trouble with aside from that was the ghost captain. I tried struggling 4 times from her ghost adds and failed the fight because one of the other ghost adds grabbed galiene and I couldn't attack them in time.

Inhibition

Apr 19, 2018
Inhibition & Jackhole69

My issue is not with the difficulty. It's not even with the game not communicating as well as it could. I do not mind there being alternate fail states and more ways to lose than you'd expect. My issue is that this fail state takes close to an hour to get through if you play it through. There are solutions that could even make the game harder and I'm fine with those.
Besides that, I had a three-person party in the screenshots, they just died because I was looping with energy potions so they got whittled down while treasure hunting because keeping the treasure multiplier up requires not leaving the area lol.

Swisher223

Oct 20, 2019
Will on the recent complaints, I'm guessing the new update fucked the alraune?

Hm...I cna get the console to open, but NOT the developer menu.

Anyone know the variable name for lust?
As someone mentioned, up your allure stat. You can also wear the cursed items so that monsters move faster and your lust builds faster. If you haven't learned all the attack skills yet, you can choose to learn only allure and magic arrow.

Just wish the developer placed a gallery so this can all be avoided.

Darkarhon

Donor
Jun 20, 2017
No wonder the game has performance problems, Powersave is enabled in the settings, do Shift+G to open the settings and disable powersave, after that make sure to save in the safe room(aka your own house) then close and open the game again.

Performance went up by leaps and bounds after i disabled powersave...

The_Knut

Jul 16, 2021
No wonder the game has performance problems, Powersave is enabled in the settings, do Shift+G to open the settings and disable powersave, after that make sure to save in the safe room(aka your own house) then close and open the game again.

I wonder which options affects the game performance more, like the Graphics balance (Conserve Memory/Disk/Balanced) or even the Renderer type (GL2/ANGLE2), dont know how ToM runs on higher end hardware but even on my humble Ryzen 5 1600 cpu it still seens to have delays in some animations after playing for a while (may be some memory leak or general unoptimization). Wonder if the .exe bit type even matters or if its just placebo.
Perhaps its just the engine that wasnt really meant to be used for this genre of game (since its more used for VN-like ones or stuff that doesnt really change sprites often). Hope that the dev doesnt reach a point where they need to change the whole engine just to be able to continue progressing with content, before its too late or something...

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
Neither of those settings seem to have any tangible effect on the game's performance. Ren'Py and Python is just not suitable for this kind of game, in which what you mainly need is smooth animations and a responsive UI. It's pretty clear that the more things you have on the screen either to draw or to animate, the more sluggish the game becomes, which, in my opinion, suggests that the performance is CPU bound and the game doesn't actually utilize the graphics card acceleration in any significant way.

LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021
Neither of those settings seem to have any tangible effect on the game's performance. Ren'Py and Python is just not suitable for this kind of game, in which what you mainly need is smooth animations and a responsive UI. It's pretty clear that the more things you have on the screen either to draw or to animate, the more sluggish the game becomes, which, in my opinion, suggests that the performance is CPU bound and the game doesn't actually utilize the graphics card acceleration in any significant way.
Honestly this is the ONE THING I can't deny at all and fully agree with. Renpy is NOT a good choice for this style of gameplay... the bigger the game gets, the worse the chugging and lag will become. Renpy just can't handle it well.

But hey, Deimus has to work with what he knows so we'll have to see what the future brings.

Swisher223

Oct 20, 2019

Thanks for the tip. Sadly, it didn't increase the speed in the slightest lol. One thing from my Ryzen Master I've noticed is that it does use multiple cores when the animations run (e.g. stripping, fondling, characters performing actions, etc.). I think the most I've seen was 8 cores run at the same time. Typically, it runs around 6-7 cores during animations and 3-4 cores when idle. Good news is that because your allies are just standing still, it does not affect the speed. Map scrolling does not affect the amount of cores/threads being utilized.

3.60 star(s) 54 Votes