3.60 star(s) 54 Votes
Jan 25, 2018
Damn, this game is unplayable.
I literally tried every combination of settings in the preferences, restarting the game like twenty to twenty-five times, and the best I managed was to stop getting lag whenever the screen displaces around the map after clicking the arrow icons. The battles, on the other hand, are choppy as fuckerino, eleven out of ten times when I click a button for a spell or an action, the game doesn't register it because for some unholy reason, whenever I hover my cursor over the buttons they start to flicker between being highlighted and not, and if managed to do something I don't realize it until four seconds later when the game decides to do what I selected. With the amount of grinding required, and my experience running at one-fifth the intended speed of how it should perform, I'm only getting grey hair instead of boners. This game is hot garbage with a ton of potential, don't take me wrong, I wanted to enjoy it because it seems fun and interesting, the art is well done, and the whole aesthetic of the UI is great and retro, I love retro games, but I can't gift my time to some Python amalgamation that stutters like a mofo on my i7 with integrated graphics and SSD laptop that runs xcom2 on high settings without problems.
I'm writing this here because I have no clue of how to post a review, and also to complain that you can't even cheat on this game to make your grueling experience somewhat more tolerable.

• Haha
Reactions: GhostProject

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
I have no clue of how to post a review
Click the stars at the top. The mechanism is a bit obscure for sure.

As for the performance issues, maybe it's the mobile iGPU that doesn't take to Ren'Py well, assuming the i7 (mobile i7 < desktop i7) is a recent make and the SSD wasn't found in a dumpster in 2009. (Side note: The Samsung SSD that came with my laptop some years back was useless, stuttered in Windows even. Tossed it before converting the whole thing to Linux - much better for laptops.)

Haven't played with Intel's integrated stuff, so no suggestions on how to tweak that. You already tried the different renderers.

Guaxilébs

Dec 17, 2019
I was in the last phase in the last update, but for some reason my save deleted and I lost everything, would anyone be able to send me one?

feuerzeug

Jul 14, 2017
I was in the last phase in the last update, but for some reason my save deleted and I lost everything, would anyone be able to send me one?
I don't have everything done yet, you might want to farm a few spots for their gold chest, but the events should all be done.

3.60 star(s) 54 Votes