3.60 star(s) 54 Votes

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
bother read my post on last page and get a hint how to.
done lvling to the max in 1 IRL day.it bricks skill progression tho at max level you dont get skill exp.

Gan_fald

Jun 16, 2017
Well, here is my legit full savegame (no cheats). Goes into \Town_of_Magic-*\game\saves folder.

All relationships maxed, all scenes unlocked.
All treasures found. Full map available.
All gear available and, with the exception of 2 currently equipped items, fused as much as possible with each upgrade fully levelled.
(Basically it needs like another 50 fight encounters to max that last solaris item, just kill lots of trash or let Nel do it)
Story completed to end of release.

To enter the scene gallery, just go to sleep. Then "Leave" and go to the Obelisk of Remembrance. You can reenter the waking world talking to the succubus.

For battle animations, just go to each location with a star, each has its own enemy type, and hit the enemies with the Charm Spell.

Reactions: Topo_Gigio

Swisher223

Oct 20, 2019
Gotta say, this is by far the most grindy game i've ever grinded.

You grind for character XP, which gives levels and ability SP.
You grind for money to unlock gear and spells, and bigger wallets so you can grind more.
Each piece of gear also gains experience when worn (your active inventory is shit tiny of course) to unlock their effects passively. Each unlock gives you a passive skill point. (Higher tier passives cost multiple skill points to enable, you can reallocate freely)
Grinding multiple enemies at once is a massive time sinking pain because they can grab you, which you have to struggle out of, except that ends your turn, they get another. And you dont get your first AOE spell until forever into the game.
Did i mention that happens in a dark cave, so you need a lantern equipped which blocks one third of your inventory you badly need to grind item xp.
Besides grinding for consumables you also grind for upgrade materials. They are quantity limited in areas.
Most pieces of gear have multiple upgrade steps, each of which has its own seperate unlock to grind (wtf) - i mean atleast they can stack later
Grinding higher tier drops is only possible using the treasure finder item, which blocks one third of your tiny shitty inventory you need to grind item skill unlocks.
Of course the treasure item finder can be upgraded with grinded materials.
The treasure item finder works in the most grindy way possible: It "charges" a low percentage with each combat encounter. Naturally grindy this resets when you leave an area. Once it finally reaches 100% it starts increasing the odds of running into a treasure item. That means you need to do even more combat encounters until you finally hit your treasure. THEN IT RESETS AND YOU RESTART THE GRIND (WTFF-FFFFF)
You grind for relationships to unlock scenes and story progress - this is very slow times. Leveling Nel literally takes many real-time-hours. Leveling Demonea/Mistress is almost as painful, but she doesnt have as many levels.

The author fully acknowledges this and added the Nel possession mechanic - a literal autogrinder where you give control to an NPC and she grinds for you. This is slightly faster than doing it by hand, but now you sit infront of the screen for hours and watch the game play itself. (What the omega fuck)

The smallest possible mercy is that this autogrinder is capable of running in the background, like some demented cookie clicker.

If there is any way to speed up the grindy gameplay (battles where i oneshoot trash, wait for chest opening animations, comments...) i'd love to hear it.

As you mentioned, it's pretty much the Nel auto battle. The problem with her is she selects your artifacts or equipment for you (she won't pick the golden treasure equipment). You can bypass this if you want by skipping other equipment or selling them. I believe she now uses energy potions as well so energy shouldn't be an issue now.

I think for most people who started the game in early development it isn't a problem. For someone new getting into the game? Hell yeah, the grind is bad. It took me months to catch up to where everyone was. There's always the full save I guess but people would be skipping out on the story.

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
As you mentioned, it's pretty much the Nel auto battle. The problem with her is she selects your artifacts or equipment for you (she won't pick the golden treasure equipment). You can bypass this if you want by skipping other equipment or selling them. I believe she now uses energy potions as well so energy shouldn't be an issue now.

I think for most people who started the game in early development it isn't a problem. For someone new getting into the game? Hell yeah, the grind is bad. It took me months to catch up to where everyone was. There's always the full save I guess but people would be skipping out on the story.
Really? For me she always makes sure to equip the treasure UNLESS I have equipment with unlearned skills.

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
Really? For me she always makes sure to equip the treasure UNLESS I have equipment with unlearned skills.
Same. Nel seems to prioritise non-maxed equipment but will otherwise happily keep the treasure tracker.

That said, the grind was bad then and it's bad now. Actually slightly better now because not every item has to be clicked away when it pops up and the UI can be rearranged. Small victories...

Gan_fald

Jun 16, 2017
Yes the autogrinder is actually quite impressive, Nel levels items that need xp, crafts and uses potions against disablers, and otherwise uses lantern and treasure finder as needed and possible.

She however randomly chooses offensive spells rather than the element counter but by the time she fights something you outlevel it and it doesnt matter. Also her innate % mana regen after a battle helps offset her mana waste.

But frankly speaking the grind would have been annoying if it was HALF of what it is now. Relationship progress and Item XP should atleast scale with encounter difficulty, which they do not.

Swisher223

Oct 20, 2019
Same. Nel seems to prioritise non-maxed equipment but will otherwise happily keep the treasure tracker.

That said, the grind was bad then and it's bad now. Actually slightly better now because not every item has to be clicked away when it pops up and the UI can be rearranged. Small victories...
Hmm not so sure for me. She always seems to pick the solarite equipment. Funny enough, you can make her wear the cursed gear if you sell everything but those.

theraphosa

Sep 10, 2020
Funny enough, you can make her wear the cursed gear if you sell everything but those.
Cursed Items and Skills has no impact on her since 61.0.? That`s what the Dev means with "game improvments".
Whenever he says "Game improvments" he mean: less fun more grind. The cursed Nel was fun.... so improved.
The Console lowers Grind? ...... improved!:rolleyes:

Swisher223

Oct 20, 2019
Cursed Items and Skills has no impact on her since 61.0.? That`s what the Dev means with "game improvments".
Whenever he says "Game improvments" he mean: less fun more grind. The cursed Nel was fun.... so improved.
The Console lowers Grind? ...... improved!:rolleyes:
Are you serious? Damn it was actually fun to see her lose and get molested by the monster more lol

Zazazap

May 22, 2018
Apparently I have to learn a charm spell from a witch to get rid of violet but I can't find it anywhere...
Which witch, the town of full of them ?

htaw1

Oct 8, 2019
"Soft lock?" I got the spirit stone but I can't take off any of the other things I have on to put it on to move my quest forward.. unless I missed something. I know you can't take things off in battle zones. I try to take off my things at home but I still can't seem to do it.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
"Soft lock?" I got the spirit stone but I can't take off any of the other things I have on to put it on to move my quest forward.. unless I missed something. I know you can't take things off in battle zones. I try to take off my things at home but I still can't seem to do it.
The version posted to the first page of this thread is bugged. The bugfixed version was posted one or two pages back, but the first page still hasn't been updated with that.

Zazazap

May 22, 2018
Wow, second meeting with the demoness, this game is so broken...
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/renpy_events_demoness.rpy", line 700, in <module>
TypeError: '<=' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 483, in script call
  File "renpy_events_demoness.rpyc", line 215, in script call
  File "renpy_events_demoness.rpyc", line 700, in script
  File "[GAMEDIR]\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "[GAMEDIR]\renpy\python.py", line 1080, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "[GAMEDIR]\renpy\python.py", line 1073, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/renpy_events_demoness.rpy", line 700, in <module>
TypeError: '<=' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'

Windows-10-10.0.22000 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Town of Magic 0.62.005
Sun Sep 25 12:06:48 2022

myso

Jun 3, 2017
Nope, all she does is thanking me for helping her...
You probably have to progress other stuff further first. Have you completed the chain to get the fortune teller her crystal ball so you can get advice on how to progress relationships? She gives way more specific stuff about relationships than the innkeeper.

3.60 star(s) 54 Votes