Siren

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
The removal of animated scenes going forward with 0.4 kinda kills it for me :/
A main drawing point for me for most games. And i didnt particulary enjoy these animations to begin with, so i think ill skip this for quite some time.
Sorry to hear. At the same time too, the second part of your quote is partially why animations aren't in 0.4: it was too much added stress to Cullen (the artist for ToP) while not being enjoyed by too many people. Animations are a big drawing point for me too so starting with 0.5 I'm going to start looking at adding an animator to the team. Not sure how long it will take but I want to start having smooth animations added asap! Hope you guys understand the 'drought' in the mean time! If not, totally understandable too

Doomskull

Sep 13, 2017
Purple barrier available, hm. I presume you'll need an Amethyst fragment to access it. Is that in game, anyone one?

0zymand1as

Donor
Aug 21, 2017
Sorry to hear. At the same time too, the second part of your quote is partially why animations aren't in 0.4: it was too much added stress to Cullen (the artist for ToP) while not being enjoyed by too many people. Animations are a big drawing point for me too so starting with 0.5 I'm going to start looking at adding an animator to the team. Not sure how long it will take but I want to start having smooth animations added asap! Hope you guys understand the 'drought' in the mean time! If not, totally understandable too
Thanks @Siren I hope animations make a return keep up the good job I enjoy the art of Town of Passion

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
Hi Siren
just a quick feedback from my side:
-the new fonts for the message boxes look good, you should also change the text fonts
-it's kinda weird to play a scene "Faster" without animation. You can hear different moanings but that's it. If you want to stick with static images maybe you can put the emphasis in more text during an erotic scene (like Roundscape Adorevia or Sierra does with her games)

general speaking:
-I like the idea of specific events like halloween and how you implemented them alot!
-also the minigames are very fun and well balanced, great variety aswell ^^ Before you run out of ideas for new games, you can always check the RPG Maker community, if you didn't do already

Reactions: Gabaw and Xaos

raiden123

Jun 26, 2017
Purple barrier available, hm. I presume you'll need an Amethyst fragment to access it. Is that in game, anyone one?
You have to buy a page of a book from the fairy on the top right, near bunny manor. Then you take the page to the book in bunny manor and that's how you activate the event.

Doomskull

Sep 13, 2017
You have to buy a page of a book from the fairy on the top right, near bunny manor. Then you take the page to the book in bunny manor and that's how you activate the event.
That is a completely separate thing. I already accessed the event, I'm interested in knowing how to open the purple door.

BitterFrost

Sep 28, 2017
I think it's getting to be problematic with all these Patreon fueled games, personally. "Wait a month - get one new 30 second scene and then wait a month - or two - to make any further progress" is more aggravating than entertaining. I understand creating takes time, but with more traditional approaches the devs do their thing until they have a game and then you buy it (or not). Getting it in drips and dabs over months... kind of blows.

Siren

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
I think it's getting to be problematic with all these Patreon fueled games, personally. "Wait a month - get one new 30 second scene and then wait a month - or two - to make any further progress" is more aggravating than entertaining. I understand creating takes time, but with more traditional approaches the devs do their thing until they have a game and then you buy it (or not). Getting it in drips and dabs over months... kind of blows.
Keep in mind it's me and one artist working on a project in our spare time while balancing work/school.

Brighter note: I've seen a lot of cool comments/suggestions in general! Glad some of you guys are enjoying the new build. There's some things I want to experiment around with and I want to give more clarity as to what you're intended to do.

Although it seems most people are able to find the Halloween page and book alright? So stay tuned for the public release on the 29th. It might be an updated 0.4.2 version.

Last edited:
Reactions: PugWug and Gabaw

Doomskull

Sep 13, 2017
An update every month/month and a half with regular dev updates inbetween is worth its weight in gold. Patreon is littered with "devs" who put out a post every 4 months about how there's something just around the corner, you wait! only to put out a post later about how they "lost all their data and have to start again", ad nauseum while raking in cash for nothing from gullible fools.

SilentFella

Aug 9, 2017
Hmm, haven't played the new update, but will add my 2 cents. If scenes no longer have animation, it is a major buzzkill for me. Even if the animation is limited, some animation is preferable to me than static. I prefer waiting longer on content with animation than getting content faster without, because I really like the animation when mixed with this art style. I do hope it makes a comeback asap.

Reactions: tomtomtom1

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
how can i max relation with mother ?
You can't, at least not yet. Pretty sure Siren said at one point that 0.5 would be the ending of the mum's story line, if I had to hazard a guess you'd be able to max her hearts then.
The Halloween story even says that the maximum mum scene isn't available at this time.

4.30 star(s) 81 Votes