Toxic Attraction DonSilver #Cuckold 8muses forum

Jun 30, 2024
i think he lost control of the story a few chapters ago, he seems to be writing to please the requests from his highest paying members on patreon now.
I try to look on the brighter side and hope Don could right the ship, but you are correct Snafu. Don‘s early chapters of Toxic Attraction generated a lot of buzz online which drew my attention to his stories and this forum. He gained my respect for someone who could generate story after story continuously each month, especially compared to other authors who would start a series and then disappear. It would be crazy to think any author would relinquish control of their story to the highest bidder. Why sacrifice your integrity and reputation when all it takes is creating quality content. If the content is good people will come back and buy more. All this to vent, but I am too invested to walk away from Toxic Attraction. I will see this train wreck to the bitter end, but my excitement level has definitely waned after reading this chapter.

Jun 30, 2024
Some of them might be writing the chapters
That could explain how Don ”meets” his monthly deadlines. What do you think of Don’s other long form stories? Neighborhood Encounter? Tainted Conception? I’m waiting for Don to write more chapters on each so I can binge read and become invested in the characters. For a short story, I did enjoy Don’s Detestable Liaisons which had similar vibes to Toxic Attraction just condensed. Hopefully the story comes to a conclusion soon so will not evolve into Toxic Attraction lite.

Last edited:

SmartMan

Jun 15, 2020
Maybe everyone could chip in on any Don Silver alternatives
Not sure there are any. Antarctica is close but not quite as good. Avid has started writing again and it's pretty terrible. And someone restarted Neighbor Chronicles as a 'redux' but it's only alright.

There's plenty of hotwife/cuckold writers out there but what I liked about NC/TA was that it was a woman who was corrupted by a singular gross man well below her status that won her over with his sexual abilities. Most writers just turn the woman into a turbo slut who fucks every single person she meets which is just completely uninteresting to me. An otherwise faithful woman being disloyal for one man is vastly more exciting to me than a woman who is just a massive whore who will fuck any person at any time. And that seems to be the path Don is taking as well. Having seen the top tier paypig comments that definitely seems to be what they're hoping for.

At this point I can't think of any writer sticking to the original path because it also means you can't write a never ending story to make money off of.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2024
Not sure there are any. Antarctica is close but not quite as good. Avid has started writing again and it's pretty terrible. And someone restarted Neighbor Chronicles as a 'redux' but it's only alright.

There's plenty of hotwife/cuckold writers out there but what I liked about NC/TA was that it was a woman who was corrupted by a singular gross man well below her status that won her over with his sexual abilities. Most writers just turn the woman into a turbo slut who fucks every single person she meets which is just completely uninteresting to me. An otherwise faithful woman being disloyal for one man is vastly more exciting to me than a woman who is just a massive whore who will fuck any person at any time. And that seems to be the path Don is taking as well. Having seen the top tier paypig comments that definitely seems to be what they're hoping for.

At this point I can't think of any writer sticking to the original path because it also means you can't write a never ending story to make money off of.
I agree with you SmartMan. What made Toxic Attraction unique was the plot was different from any other hot wives story. She was not a slut banging every guy in the world while cuckold her husband. There is some believability a loyal wife like Sarah would slowly be corrupted and manipulated by someone beneath her. That is what attracted me to the story at first. That’s why we can’t have nice things. Don wants to cater to his paying fans, but abandon what made him unique and popular in the first place. I liked I wish there was an alternative story, but you are correct some stories recommended are not appealing or the authors stopped writing chapters for a long period of time people forgot about them.

I want to believe Don will right Toxide Attraction, but after binge reading Neighborhood Encounters and Tainted Conception last night I’m losing hope because those storylines were not good

Last edited:

SmartMan

Jun 15, 2020
I want to believe Don will right Toxide Attraction, but after binge reading Neighborhood Encounters and Tainted Conception last night I’m losing hope because those storylines were not good
Same, I was excited for Tainted Conception originally as I thought it was going to be a quick burn. I could've sworn he said on Patreon it would be five chapters but I may just be misremembering. Either way I agree it's become the same repetitive formula as TA with no escalation or end in sight. NE I didn't even bother reading after a chapter or two as it seemed to be the same old strokes while also having the strange element of 'country boy cucks city folks' which really does nothing for me.

Jun 30, 2024
Same, I was excited for Tainted Conception originally as I thought it was going to be a quick burn. I could've sworn he said on Patreon it would be five chapters but I may just be misremembering. Either way I agree it's become the same repetitive formula as TA with no escalation or end in sight. NE I didn't even bother reading after a chapter or two as it seemed to be the same old strokes while also having the strange element of 'country boy cucks city folks' which really does nothing for me.
Yeah the whole redneck and city folk angle turned me off real quick in NE and purposely slowing the tempo of the storyline. I found another forum’s thread on TA and most spout the same rhetoric as you described in Don’s Discord SmartMan. They find the story more to their liking since Sarah turned into a slut and now want her to screw everyone: Bryon, Richard, Jessie, the whole D&D group, and the homeless man. Seems like this forum is the only sane bunch who wanted to enjoy an unique cheating wife story based somewhat in reality not some fantasy, off-the-wall caricature Sarah is becoming. I can find those types of slut stories on a whole host of other platforms, but none of those sluts have kids in the story which makes the direction even more weird.

Sorry for the rant

Navy_Sailor

Sep 1, 2024
I agree with the thoughts that TA is getting a bit ridiculous now. I really dislike when stories just devolve into a fuck fest with countless dudes.

I was drawn to the story because of the dynamic between Lester, Sarah & Dan.
I agree with you, Chillie_Willie and Smartman. It is odd that someone as educated, family oriented and has professed a deep love her husband, now goes full whore/slut. Like you guys, I'm becoming more disinterested in TA. I only stay in cause ya just gotta know having read this far.

Jun 30, 2024
I agree with you, Chillie_Willie and Smartman. It is odd that someone as educated, family oriented and has professed a deep love her husband, now goes full whore/slut. Like you guys, I'm becoming more disinterested in TA. I only stay in cause ya just gotta know having read this far.
So accurate Navy_Sailor. Again very hard to believe anyone would go from one extreme to another without unresolved events in their life. We can either view Chapter 21 as Sarah’s launching point into whoredom and the story devolves till only a select few will stomach to what happens to her at the end. OR….Don will make Lester the “hero” who reigns the wild Sarah back to earth and into his clutches. I know look at Mr. Brightside. FYI for those with hope: we haven’t read how Lester (who at this point was blinded by lust and maybe love) will regroup after everything went beyond his calculated control including Sarah. Lester typically has several alternative action plans when something doesn’t go his way.

Jun 30, 2024
Nope, it is the same, with the same issues I mentioned earlier and I accepted Chiily's wise words of waiting until this version came out, because Don is known for big changes or additions in the final but I see none. My review of thise chapter remains, 1 Meh down.
I agree with you wholeheartedly Psiber. I was quite disappointed Don made little to no additions or changes to the original draft. I hate to say this out loud, but I think Don needs to shelf Toxic Attraction for a month or so. Then he can concentrate on his other two long form stories that need development badly. This will give Don time to regroup/think, re-establish those creative juices that are missing lately, and hopefully quite down the paid influencers in his head about the direction of Toxic Attraction

Navy_Sailor

Sep 1, 2024
So accurate Navy_Sailor. Again very hard to believe anyone would go from one extreme to another without unresolved events in their life. We can either view Chapter 21 as Sarah’s launching point into whoredom and the story devolves till only a select few will stomach to what happens to her at the end. OR….Don will make Lester the “hero” who reigns the wild Sarah back to earth and into his clutches. I know look at Mr. Brightside. FYI for those with hope: we haven’t read how Lester (who at this point was blinded by lust and maybe love) will regroup after everything went beyond his calculated control including Sarah. Lester typically has several alternative action plans when something doesn’t go his way.
I agree with you wholeheartedly Psiber. I was quite disappointed Don made little to no additions or changes to the original draft. I hate to say this out loud, but I think Don needs to shelf Toxic Attraction for a month or so. Then he can concentrate on his other two long form stories that need development badly. This will give Don time to regroup/think, re-establish those creative juices that are missing lately, and hopefully quite down the paid influencers in his head about the direction of Toxic Attraction
I think that may be a good idea. He seems to be writing for the big paypigs. I haven't seen any of their comments, and at one time was on the discord. A lot of them wanted him to go a certain way. I think Don's lost the creative juices and is just seeing dollars, admittedly, quite a pile, and one wonders what the price was for throwing away creative freedom.

Jul 8, 2024
only skimmed through it, doesn't look any different to the alpha draft ?
I think that may be a good idea. He seems to be writing for the big paypigs. I haven't seen any of their comments, and at one time was on the discord. A lot of them wanted him to go a certain way. I think Don's lost the creative juices and is just seeing dollars, admittedly, quite a pile, and one wonders what the price was for throwing away creative freedom.
My problem with him writing to those "paypigs" (going to remember that phrase for a very long time, thank you, very much) is that they get stuck in this idea that the only good story is Dan and Sarah using Lester as a marital aid and making their marriage stronger and stronger each month. They have no concept of what a dark story is and I gave up trying to remind them months ago. I don't mind if they do end up together, as long as story leads everything. I think, at least here, the majority of readers seems to be looking for a good story and Don had that for awhile and even seemed to have an idea of the long term goals for said story. However, he also seems to have lost that due to any myriad of possible writer's issues. Write an outline, use some index cards and be willing to have some flexibility. Just remember, let the story lead you, not the readers, not the characters, and most importantly not your dick. At an older age, I returned to video games. The last time i played one it was in an arcade but then Rock Band had the Beatles and I love the Beatles, so I bought a PS3 because it was also a blu-ray player. Then I discovered all the great story lines out there. Through three to four iterations of said console I have followed loyally as the greatest original stories around these days are in video games and not movies, television or even books. I write and have a film degree and I find that when I am stuck or wrung out of ideas and direction I play a game with a really good story. A writer needs to find that support mechanism that aids him or her in the journey that is the narrative, maybe Don just needs that.

Just my opinion, take it for what its worth, but I definitely haven't given up here based on a few stumbles by Don, when I know that he has the ability to straighten himself out and right the so-called ship.

Reactions: Chillie_Willie