• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.
2.20 star(s) 114 Votes

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
The introductory text is long, and I also thought there's too much, but after actually reading it (instead of, you know, just skipping to get to the good parts), I can say that it's really necessary. It gives a lot of flavor to the game and providing important (I presume) hints for the future. You won't get another chance to see Mrs. Smith playing basketball.
Oh, and I love the fact that you have to make up your mind about who you're pursuing early on and not try to hit on everything that moves.

I tried the navigation system, boy, it's complicated. The biggest problem was that it seems if you click in the wrong place (or maybe click twice or perhaps double click), you move back to the hotel room, and I just don't like having to backtrack so much to get where I want. I think it would make sense to have two things:
1. Clear indication where the hot spots are (soft glow, blink or outline)
2. Once you point to a navigation hot spot, it tells you what it is (like "Bathroom", "Elevators", "Exit", "Entrance", "Break Room", "Classroom") and so on.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: 9thCrux

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
The introductory text is long, and I also thought there's too much, but after actually reading it (instead of, you know, just skipping to get to the good parts), I can say that it's really necessary. It gives a lot of flavor to the game and providing important (I presume) hints for the future. You won't get another chance to see Mrs. Smith playing basketball.
Oh, and I love the fact that you have to make up your mind about who you're pursuing early on and not try to hit on everything that moves.

I tried the navigation system, boy, it's complicated. The biggest problem was that it seems if you click in the wrong place (or maybe click twice or perhaps double click), you move back to the hotel room, and I just don't like having to backtrack so much to get where I want. I think it would make sense to have two things:
1. Clear indication where the hot spots are (soft glow, blink or outline)
2. Once you point to a navigation hot spot, it tells you what it is (like "Bathroom", "Elevators", "Exit", "Entrance", "Break Room", "Classroom") and so on.
The navigation system uses an idle and hover system to show where the imagebuttons are at, like a point and click game, some of the imagebuttons are actually huge.

I'm going to review the code to make sure all screens are hidden after you move to a new location.
If you use the mouse wheel to go back is going to throw you right before the navigation system is called.
I will be disabling the mouse wheel soon. :giggle:

Navigation is incomplete, I will be adding shortcuts to move directly into given locations; like classroom, pool, auditorium, and so on.

Check the developer notes on the first page, right under the game overview, I covered some important details there.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
No mousewheel, huh? Well, makes sense to avoid problems with navigation. No undoing of critical decisions right after they happen is fine, as long as it's not too much backtracking later on. I think you can set the level of allowed undo actions (how many mousewheel clicks back you can move), but it would still not work if you want to disable the possibility to move back from navigation.

I see what you mean about the navigation system. I just want to say it's impressive and you put in a lot of thought into it, it's really more than people typically put in RenPy games (if there's navigation, it's usually a couple of buttons and that's all, not even a separate screen for it).

Shortcuts -- yes! Good idea to move around manually if there's stuff to discover and jump to locations if you don't want to bother with it, although it could get grindy because of that... I guess we'll have to wait until the game is released before we can say where it falls.

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
It sounds as if it is heading to becoming a very grindy sandbox game. I wont be playing it. We have enough grinders already. The art of storytelling is once again being scrificed at the altar of convenience. The best and most popular games are not grinders. Why devs choose this terrible mechanism in order to fill time is beyond me. Along with the need in games to to score points in order to progress are so boring especially when there is a need of cheats to move the game along shows a complete lack of planning and preparation.

• Angry

letheru

Sep 16, 2017
I like to play the game in android... I am Trucker and play the most days in a tablet.

I intented to translate in my Pc but only have error and in the tablet break the installation.

Thanks and excuse me for my english

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
I like to play the game in android... I am Trucker and play the most days in a tablet.

I intented to translate in my Pc but only have error and in the tablet break the installation.

Thanks and excuse me for my english
I'm going to check if I can make an android version, never done one before, maybe is a good idea to have a version for mobile gadgets. :unsure:

Reactions: letheru
Jun 7, 2019
Absolutely enjoyed the hell out of this one. The writing, while the intro was a bit lengthy, was necessary in my opinion to set the pace for what is already set up to be one hell of a story. Already looking forward to the continuation of this one. I did try out the nav system after the story was over and wasn't completely won over by it, but I'll just have to wait and see how everything is implemented later on, I guess. I'm a bit more in favor of linear stories with the choices when placed next to the grindy sandbox games. (Day in and day out for $5 a day when you need $400 to progress is kinda nuts...) As I said though, I'm not sure I'll shy away from this one though, no matter the path taken with development just because the story-line is so phenomenal. Great work!!

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
The story is decent so far (Needs to be translated better). The renders are decent so far. I will come back for future updates.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
I made a poll in SubscribeStar, if you're a subscriber and you have rights to vote in story related polls please let me know what you think.

Well, is a sort of poll...
Markdown posting system is a mystery to me so until I learn to use that weird format the poll is going to have to be in plain text.

tiff-teasing.png

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
How long is the poll running? Unlike patreon, subscribestar doesn't honor pledges already made and will charge the full $10.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
How long is the poll running? Unlike patreon, subscribestar doesn't honor pledges already made and will charge the full $10.
Until November the 30th, I have to start making scenes and rendering as soon as I can. Based on the poll results I mean.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Oh well, that sucks. I don't know how many $10 supporters you have, but nobody else is going to be able to vote (at least I imagine nobody who already pledged $5 will throw $10 now).

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Absolutely enjoyed the hell out of this one. The writing, while the intro was a bit lengthy, was necessary in my opinion to set the pace for what is already set up to be one hell of a story. Already looking forward to the continuation of this one. I did try out the nav system after the story was over and wasn't completely won over by it, but I'll just have to wait and see how everything is implemented later on, I guess. I'm a bit more in favor of linear stories with the choices when placed next to the grindy sandbox games. (Day in and day out for $5 a day when you need $400 to progress is kinda nuts...) As I said though, I'm not sure I'll shy away from this one though, no matter the path taken with development just because the story-line is so phenomenal. Great work!!
Thanks, I really appreciate how you praise my writing, it brings me a sense of accomplishment.

I understand if many people can't go past the fact that my English grammar is not very good, but the truth is that I'm doing my best to evoke emotions with my stories, beyond that, there are messages at the core of my little tales.

I'm glad I read your comment, thanks again.

2.20 star(s) 114 Votes