else:
    menu:
        if Joa >= 5:
            "Joan"
                call JoanDream
        if Smi >=5:
            "Mrs. Smith"
                call SmithDream
This is Python compatible code, and lets you expand the code later on, but I don't know if it's possible, I haven't tested this is RenPy.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I shouldn't have talked of the menu and call in the same comment, seem to have been confusing.

I had some troubles with that menu, there were various possibilities based on choices and stats values:

1- Joa = 5 and Smi = 0
2- Joa = 0 and Smi = 5
3- Joa = 5 and Smi = 5
4- Joa = 0 and Smi = 0

I went with trying to specify each case.
There's really no trouble to have with the menu. You just define a choice, then the condition for it to be offered to the player. Therefore :
Python:
menu:
   # The player will have this choice only if /Joa/ is 5, this whatever the
   # value of anyother variables.
   "Joan" if Joa == 5:
       [...]
   # The player will have this choice only if /Smi/ is 5, this whatever the
   # value of anyother variables.
   "Mrs. Smith" if Smi == 5:
       [...]
   # The player will have this choice only if both /Joa/ and /Smi/ are
   # not equal to 5.
   "Steak..." if Joa != 5 and Smi != 5:
       [...]
With this all the possibilities are covered. You don't need to duplicate the menus like you actually do for all your choice.
Not only it will divide the size of the code by two, but it will also limit the risk of errors, while facilitating its maintenance and need less time.

This is Python compatible code, and lets you expand the code later on, but I don't know if it's possible, I haven't tested this is RenPy.
See above. The if must be part of the choice declaration. Using it like you did will not works.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
AON, thanks for correcting that code. I don't know RenPy, so I would only be able to test it at some point in the future.
The code you posted is definitely the best way to refactor it, but conditions are too restrictive. If Joa and Smi stats are above 5, Steak will appear anyway, and it's very bad to have such specific triggers in a game (except for Easter eggs, maybe, but you only add that after the game is complete, not in beta).
If the author expands the game in the beginning and there's a point or two added to relationship stats somewhere along the line, the game will break at this point (impossible to satisfy any condition).
So modifying the code:
Python:
menu:
    "Joan" if Joa >= 5:
        [...]
    "Mrs. Smith" if Smi >= 5:
        [...]
    "Steak..." if Joa < 5 and Smi < 5:
        [...]
That way it's also easy to expand this code in the future should it be necessary.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
but conditions are too restrictive.
That is intended.

I don't want to use >= or <= for conditional events; it will be handled with specific route values.
If someone cheats and set the stats to 999999+ is gonna end up with a scrambled story mess, once I add more events or scenes I mean.

I'm actually thinking about adding [if stat x > y at a given point in the story then "Gameover"] kind of route check ups. :giggle:

• Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Enjoyed the game, girls look gorgeous and the overall artwork is solid. And I'll never say no to a mature MC and school settings are always fun.

My only gripe is the writing. It just doesn't feel natural, like there is no flow to it when normal people have conversations. A lot of times, especially when there is talking between the MC and daughter, it feels like two robots talking to each other. I don't mean the odd spelling mistake or the occasional wrong word being used, that I can overlook. I found myself clicking through it because the dialogue and monologues weren't capturing me.

Hopefully this improves as the dev writes more and the game develops. Definitely watching.

• Haha
Reactions: 9thCrux

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
That is intended.

I don't want to use >= or <= for conditional events; it will be handled with specific route values.
If someone cheats and set the stats to 999999+ is gonna end up with a scrambled story mess, once I add more events or scenes I mean.

I'm actually thinking about adding [if stat x > y at a given point in the story then "Gameover"] kind of route check ups. :giggle:
Fair enough, makes sense to prevent game-breaking cheating.
However, in such a case, I would be strongly against checking relationship points since it makes it unnecessarily difficult for you to keep track of the exact expected value at any given time and I imagine you introduced points specifically to make it easier to keep track of relationships, not to make it harder. With points, you can also increase relationship in small steps by random choices during the day. In which case the code should actually look like this:
Python:
menu:
    "Joan" if Told_Joan_Tiffany_Is_Your_daughter_variable:
        [...]
    "Mrs. Smith" if Thought_Smith_Is_Hot_variable:
        [...]
    "Steak..." if !Told_Joan_Tiffany_Is_Your_daughter_variable and !Thought_Smith_Is_Hot_variable:
        [...]
If you insist on using points, just in case you add a dialogue option to earn an extra point with Joan and/or Mrs. Smith:
Python:
menu:
    "Joan" if Joa >= 5 and Joa <= 15:
        [...]
    "Mrs. Smith" if Smi >= 5 and Smi <= 15:
        [...]
    "Steak..." if (Joa < 5 and Smi < 5) or (Joa > 15 and Smi > 15):
        [...]
The last one can be unrolled if you want to break cheating at that point:
Python:
    "Steak..." if Joa < 5 and Smi < 5:
        [...]
    "Steak..." if Joa > 15 and Smi > 15:
        Joa=0
        Joa_romance_variable=False
        Smi=0
        Smi_romance_variable=False
        [...]
That "xxx_romance_variable" should be a Boolean value that takes three possible values: None, True or False. None is the initial state, you may choose to go into romance or not. True is when you're on the romantic path with the character, False is when you left the romantic path. The value of having such a variable is that you can't simply jump back into romance with a character at a later point and you can add extra checks for more than one True setting (and either punish the player by setting all to False, or force a confrontation to keep just one at True). No more game breaking that way regardless of number of relationship points.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Upcoming version update!

I'm finishing an update that will bring some requested features into the game:

-Last names! Yup, you will be able to set a given name and a last name, the last name will be used for formal situations.
-Side images! I also added some variants, like happy, surprised, and more.

I'm reviewing paths and doing some gameplay tests before releasing the new features, expect the new version to be released before this Saturday (the 14th).

Some teasers:

last.jpg side.jpg unk.jpg ai.jpg

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Update 0.3.6 is up!

Episode one version 0.3.6 introduces side images, a last name prompt for the MC, and minor bug fixes.
Old savegames should work fine, but I recommend you to start a new game and make new saves to prevent missing side images and being called Mr. [name2].

Working on renders, stats screen, and a better navigation system atm.
I hope you like the new features. :giggle:

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Oh .. you got mail all right. It is just not black!
Who gets black mail anyways? Most of it is earthy colors.
Just step into the light and play the pretty game!

• Haha

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
No story just new navigation? Maybe it's just me. I haven't run into any people yet lol
No story progression yet, I'm working on it right now, an update with story progression is planned for New Year's eve.
The update will be available for supporters first, just like stated on my supporter tiers, so please consider supporting me to enjoy the early access benefits. :)

The current update was to include:

-Side images.
-Setting a last name for the MC.
-Minor bug fixes.

Note: There are no events, or people around, in navigation just yet.
The current navigation system is a sample, a proof of concept kind of thing, I need to work on the navigation system before making it story related.

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017
For those who want to use there saved game and not called name2. Download Unren on this site. Place it in the game folder and run it. Choose option 3. Then end Unren. Start the game and load your save. Press Shift O. Enter $name2 = u'the last name you like' followed by enter. For example $name2 = u'de Wit'. Now you will be called by your last name when loading a save.

Last edited:

Stakos

Jun 24, 2017
First playthrough, the game seems promising and I like the fact that there is a specific Tiffany route you can go, although I don't know if that will be the case for every love interest. That could make multiple playthroughs a little tiring...

L0thar

Jul 24, 2017
I like the planned content of the game, but I like even more what the author does not plan in this game.

• Thinking Face

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
I like the planned content of the game, but I like even more what the author does not plan in this game.
You like the fact that I don't plan to include weird, crazy, and extreme content or you're a fan of the content that I'm not adding into my game?

I'm kinda confused... :ROFLMAO:

L0thar

Jul 24, 2017
You like the fact that I don't plan to include weird, crazy, and extreme content or you're a fan of the content that I'm not adding into my game?

I'm kinda confused... :ROFLMAO:
I'm a bit surprised that you didn't understand my statement. So in a few words. Each game here is more or less controversial in content, but this game at least will not contain such things as: "NTR, Drugs, Blackmail, Cheating, Rape, Harem, Gay, Lesbian, Futanari / She-male, Bestiality, Group sex, Scat , Guro, Snuff ". And it pleases me.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
I'm a bit surprised that you didn't understand my statement. So in a few words. Each game here is more or less controversial in content, but this game at least will not contain such things as: "NTR, Drugs, Blackmail, Cheating, Rape, Harem, Gay, Lesbian, Futanari / She-male, Bestiality, Group sex, Scat , Guro, Snuff ". And it pleases me.
English is a backwards language, in most languages you first state the subject before start talking about he/she/it. Just to give you a little example.

The sentence is not clear enough:

"but I like even more what the author does not plan in this game." sounds like you're saying that you like the content I'm not adding...

Blame it on "lost in translation" and the English system, and stuff... IDK

It was more a joke post than anything but I'm glad you like my game.

Reactions: L0thar
2.20 star(s) 114 Votes