• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.
2.20 star(s) 114 Votes

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
So far, there seems to be 3 paths.
- Dream of Mrs.Smith
- Dream of the waitress girl (forgot her name)
- Dream of bacon (leads to Tiffany stuff, but not in the dream)
Was something supposed to be seen in the dream? Because for me I had a 1-button prompt/option that was "Steak" that went to a blank-screen. then straight to being woken up being disappointed about a dream I was never shown.

Is the actual dream paid-supporter only, and because this is a public release no show? Or something else?

Not sure what options effect the dream (or if they happened before or after dream, sorry), but: I stayed official/businesslike with Mrs Smith, I did not tell the waitress that I was with my daughter, implied it was a positive thing in after-meal car conversation, weighed breasts, spied on her at the start, and playfully suggested swimming top should be removed.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: 9thCrux

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Was something supposed to be seen in the dream? Because for me I had a 1-button prompt/option that was "Steak" that went to a blank-screen. then straight to being woken up being disappointed about a dream I was never shown.

Is the actual dream paid-supporter only, and because this is a public release no show? Or something else?

Not sure what options effect the dream (or if they happened before or after dream, sorry), but: I stayed official/businesslike with Mrs Smith, I did not tell the waitress that I was with my daughter, implied it was a positive thing in after-meal car conversation, weighed breasts, spied on her at the start, and playfully suggested swimming top should be removed.
Ok, you're detailing the daughter's route, and like jamdam said; there are three paths or routes so far...
Three separated routes that show content specific for the route you followed.
No harem tag on this game.

The dreams are of Joan's and Mrs. Smith's routes, to see the dreams you have to follow their route.
Is even possible to have both dreams available at night, but you only get to see one of them.

Save at each decision prompt to check the results of different choices.
There isn't "supporter only" content in this game, everything is out for everyone so far.

Last edited:

h3avenw0rd

Jun 7, 2017
There's a lot of exposition so far, and choices haven't really paid off.

Also single choice prompts are redundant, unless there's something else for players to click on (environment/x-rays/items/placeholder choice/etc) please consider removing them from the game.

I don't know what the plans are for the "exploration" (read the dev notes but doesn't cover much, glad there will be portraits), but rooms could really use labelled buttons/highlighted edges instead of having players pixel hunt for clickables ("big" doesn't help when they don't show what the interaction is). General interactables should not be hidden, save that for optional hidden unlocks.

It's a long ways to wherever this game wants to be atm, hopefully it keeps on refining the process in the meantime.

• Angry

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017

Also single choice prompts are redundant, unless there's something else for players to click on (environment/x-rays/items/placeholder choice/etc) please consider removing them from the game.

I don't know what the plans are for the "exploration" (read the dev notes but doesn't cover much, glad there will be portraits), but rooms could really use labelled buttons/highlighted edges instead of having players pixel hunt for clickables ("big" doesn't help when they don't show what the interaction is). General interactables should not be hidden, save that for optional hidden unlocks.

It's a long ways to wherever this game wants to be atm, hopefully it keeps on refining the process in the meantime.
single choice prompts are very useful for people with devices other than a computer.

• Thinking Face

fotogaik

May 13, 2017

You might think those are placeholder choices, but so far, all single choice prompts in the game as of now are the result of previous choices. There is a genuine choice at those points if you're on the right path.
Many of them will probably be expanded with additional choices once other paths are added/unlocked, so coding around them right now is pointless.

That was already mentioned. There are going to be shortcuts to common destinations. I figure because the game is in development and because there are long paths between destinations, there are either going to be navigation hints or there is going to be worthwhile to navigate between various points.

h3avenw0rd

Jun 7, 2017
You might think those are placeholder choices, but so far, all single choice prompts in the game as of now are the result of previous choices. There is a genuine choice at those points if you're on the right path.
Many of them will probably be expanded with additional choices once other paths are added/unlocked, so coding around them right now is pointless.

That was already mentioned. There are going to be shortcuts to common destinations. I figure because the game is in development and because there are long paths between destinations, there are either going to be navigation hints or there is going to be worthwhile to navigate between various points.
I wasn't aware of the plans to include more choices at those points, my apologies.

As for the second part I was more referring to the clickables within the rooms, like locker, chair, bed, etc since rooms will be getting instant travel but the objects within wasn't mentioned and is currently just hover hunting and that gets tedious.

single choice prompts are very useful for people with devices other than a computer.
How does single prompts function differently than normal dialogue progression? Genuinely interested how that affects gameplay on other devices as they're not familiar to me.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
How does single prompts function differently than normal dialogue progression? Genuinely interested how that affects gameplay on other devices as they're not familiar to me.
They are sometimes used as natural pauses, useful for people without a mouse (think trackpad on a laptop or touchscreen on a tablet)

Reactions: h3avenw0rd

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
Ok, you're detailing the daughter's route, and like jamdam said; there are three paths or routes so far...
Three separated routes that show content specific for the route you followed.
No harem tag on this game.
I'm cool with there being no harem - I'm actually with the other's who have previously stated that it's great that choices you make early on push you to decide what you want early on. For those who want harem... there's plenty of other games that do this.

The dreams are of Joan's and Mrs. Smith's routes, to see the dreams you have to follow their route.
Is even possible to have both dreams available at night, but you only get to see one of them.
This is what really answer's my question - I read about the dreams, and had no dream... so was puzzled. The inner-monologue also implied something about the dream, but nothing was shown. I'm relieved that I didn't actually miss out on anything, or break something (which has happened for me in other games lol), because I was playing the one path. Now I have somethign to look forward to when/if I replay it for other paths.

Save at each decision prompt to check the results of different choices.
There isn't "supporter only" content in this game, everything is out for everyone so far.
LOL This is something I have always done. Some games I have ended up with dozens of different saves due to saving in different slots when coming up to a new choice, because not sure how a choice will play out so might want to go back 1,2,3, + choices. lol

Also glad that no restricted content, well glad to know there isn't. I don't hold it against dev's if they do this... I just like to know if/when that is the case :)

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Joan is Meghan. Can't deny that I was a little disappointed that none of the girls from the assembly were in the MC's classroom. Was hoping to meet with the cutey Emily more as well as the Asian looking one. But got to see her later.

Tiffany Emily Joan Laura Daria Majory are the best ones the rest are last in line. The one teacher was kind of cute as well.

The one girls face the one that was with Emily when you and the daughter meet them in the hall the girl with the blonde hair her face looked like she put a bit too much face power on or she's wearing one some type of face cleansing lotion. It's really noticeable on her jaw shin cheeks and nose.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Joan is Meghan. Can't deny that I was a little disappointed that none of the girls from the assembly were in the MC's classroom. Was hoping to meet with the cutey Emily more as well as the Asian looking one. But got to see her later.

Tiffany Emily Joan Laura Daria Majory are the best ones the rest are last in line. The one teacher was kind of cute as well.

The one girls face the one that was with Emily when you and the daughter meet them in the hall the girl with the blonde hair her face looked like she put a bit too much face power on or she's wearing one some type of face cleansing lotion. It's really noticeable on her jaw shin cheeks and nose.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Joan was made with the same textures Meghan (from Teachers Pets) was made with, that's why they look somewhat similar.
Hey but they're in the same city, who knows maybe they're cousins or something!

The other girl you mentioned is Alice, her face texture was made like that is not my doing.
But you know girls, sometimes they tend to overdo it with makeup. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: juanito

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018

Public post
Hey there, I want to let you know that the preparations or planning for the next game update is almost done, starting tomorrow I will be working on new scenes and coding GUI changes.
Seems like many people is worried about the grinding system in my game... The MC doesn't need to grind money, many people has talk about grinding five box a day and needing 400 to progress... I'm guessing those are experiences they had in other games.
In TP: The Class Next Door the grinding will be about getting closer to the girls; events and dialogs can improve the MC's relationship levels, deeper friendship, falling more in love that kind of things.
Currently I'm planning to just use two stats: Friendship and love. There is someone helping me with proofreading so hopefully new episodes will have a more natural English grammar.
And I'm also adding side images to dialogs:

1575351187902.png

May 28, 2018
This game is very interesting so far. I think this game has the potential to be one of the best games of all time, especially thanks to the fact that there won't be any lesbian sex nor group sex or harem either. Faithful heterosexual relashionship is a bliss.
I wish the developper of this game the best of luck (y)and I trully hope that this game will not be abandonned.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
9thCrux , you don't need to have things like :
Code:
    if Joa == 5 and Smi == 5:
        menu:
            "Joan.":
                [...]
            "Mrs. Smith.":
                [...]
    elif Joa == 5 and Smi == 0:
        menu:
            "Joan.":
                [...]
    elif Joa == 0 and Smi == 5:
        menu:
            "Mrs. Smith.":
                [...]
    else:
        menu:
            "Steak.":
                [...]
Ren'Py offer you the possibility to condition the display of a menu option. Therefore, the same thing can be achieved this way :
Code:
        menu:
            "Joan." if Joa == 5:
                [...]
            "Mrs. Smith. if Smi == 5":
                [...]
            "Steak." if Joa != 5 and Smi != 5:
                [...]
And you didn't had to copy the code anyway. You could have ed it instead :

Code:
        menu:
            "Joan.":
                call JoanDream
            "Mrs. Smith.":
                call SmithDream
        menu:
            "Joan.":
                call JoanDream
        menu:
            "Mrs. Smith.":
                call SmithDream
    else:
        menu:
            "Steak.":
                [...]

[...]
label JoanDream:
    $ Joa += 5
    mc "You have a point I guess..."
    mc "Joan is kind of charming."
    [...]
    return

label SmithDream:
    $ Smi += 5
    mc "Well, Mrs. Smith is an impressive woman."
    mc "And she's also very attractive."
    [...]
    return

• Thinking Face

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
9thCrux , you don't need to have things like :
Code:
        menu:
            "Joan.":
                [...]
            "Mrs. Smith.":
                [...]
        menu:
            "Joan.":
                [...]
        menu:
            "Mrs. Smith.":
                [...]
    else:
        menu:
            "Steak.":
                [...]
Ren'Py offer you the possibility to condition the display of a menu option. Therefore, the same thing can be achieved this way :
Code:
        menu:
            "Joan." if Joa == 5:
                [...]
            "Mrs. Smith. if Smi == 5":
                [...]
            "Steak." if Joa != 5 and Smi != 5:
                [...]
And you didn't had to copy the code anyway. You could have ed it instead :

Code:
        menu:
            "Joan.":
                call JoanDream
            "Mrs. Smith.":
                call SmithDream
        menu:
            "Joan.":
                call JoanDream
        menu:
            "Mrs. Smith.":
                call SmithDream
    else:
        menu:
            "Steak.":
                [...]

[...]
label JoanDream:
    $ Joa += 5
    mc "You have a point I guess..."
    mc "Joan is kind of charming."
    [...]
    return

label SmithDream:
    $ Smi += 5
    mc "Well, Mrs. Smith is an impressive woman."
    mc "And she's also very attractive."
    [...]
    return
I had some troubles with that menu, there were various possibilities based on choices and stats values:

1- Joa = 5 and Smi = 0
2- Joa = 0 and Smi = 5
3- Joa = 5 and Smi = 5
4- Joa = 0 and Smi = 0

I went with trying to specify each case.
Tried to use elif but it was not recognizing some conditions, like in case 3, it was just showing Joan's option.
It worked after I used:

elif... and...

I had bad experiences with label calls before so I went with screens.
Label calls seems better than call screens for this kind of events, I will probably change that.

Damn I'm tired... I'm mixing up conditions with navigation screen calls. >,<

Last edited:
2.20 star(s) 114 Votes