2.20 star(s) 114 Votes

Tatsuya25

Feb 26, 2022
OML this game developer still around ?

BET he is STILL SLOW Burning his 2 piece of bread dead brain

SLOW BUNR SLOW BURN my boony xxxxx

4 years and no even abranch has a ending or a developend

OH SLOW BURN on YOU dreams to developer ? ON THE MC dreams ? oh the dreams have more dreams inside? ohhh

what we call these type of developer ? autist? AND TO top the cake he goes to do that version of XXXX box
NO SENSE.

the few that came by around here came by the nice hot renders,

even the 2000 of aditional no sense lines of text that have no real reazon to be

tople dreams of dreams .

BUT 4years and having no a completion to even a route is like xxxxx

MAKE THE DEAL then go for season 2 or so if even . BUT NOOOO dev ape

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
OML this game developer still around ?

BET he is STILL SLOW Burning his 2 piece of bread dead brain

SLOW BUNR SLOW BURN my boony xxxxx

4 years and no even abranch has a ending or a developend

OH SLOW BURN on YOU dreams to developer ? ON THE MC dreams ? oh the dreams have more dreams inside? ohhh

what we call these type of developer ? autist? AND TO top the cake he goes to do that version of XXXX box
NO SENSE.

the few that came by around here came by the nice hot renders,

even the 2000 of aditional no sense lines of text that have no real reazon to be

tople dreams of dreams .

BUT 4years and having no a completion to even a route is like xxxxx

MAKE THE DEAL then go for season 2 or so if even . BUT NOOOO dev ape
Not sure what you mean with your bs post, but this game is stopped/dead almost a year. There are two follow up games (the bad "EX" and the new and not so bad "EX2").

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
And if it doesn't make sense to go TCND straight into EX2, then screw it. I'm not going to go through all of EX just so this latest experiment version makes sense. So the same complaint as before: decide what the hell you actually want, 9thCrux, and then stick with it. Holy hell.
I don't think dev cares rn. Even if you want to play EX you gotta get the 0.12.1(ep11) from his itch.io for 2.7 gb. I always go for compressed ver. since so much download is not worth most of the games. But no compressed for this(0.12.1 on itch) :(
From the few posts I saw, I think dev didn't handle the feedback from f95 very well & abandoned the site. Tcnd was never reposted here, ex was not updated & even ex2 was uploaded by others.

So whatever path you want to take, you have to go to itch since f95 doesn't have either tcnd or tcnd:ex in latest updates ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

If some mods could update this page to ex ver 0.12.1(ep11) & post the tcnd ver 0.25.1(ep22), that'd be very helpful.
I'm new & don't know the corect procedure. So if anyone cares, request a mod or post a request or whatever the proper course of action is.

I'll just try the <500 mb ex & ex2 found on f95 to see what the game is like:cautious:

Last edited:

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
So the DEV's Itch.io page is a little confusing.. There seems to be 3 versions of this game.

1 - TP: The Class Next Door [Free Version]:
2gb in size despite claiming to be 1gb on the download link. This version is the F95 version but its up to episode 22 and was updated in December 2022 while the F95 version is episode 8, or 14 episodes behind in content! So tons of new content.

2 - The Class Next Door:EX [Free Version]:
2.7gb in size despite claiming to be 2gb on the download link. This EX version is claimed to be the free roam version of his game (the original F95 one? it already had free roam though right?) It is described as NOT as new game, but a new SEASON with many gameplay changes. I do not know if it follows the same naming/update episode convention but its at Episode 11. Updated December 11 2022.

3 - The Class Next Door:EX2 [DEMO]:
985mb size, kinetic novel version of EX without free roam. Also says it continues the events of the EX version. Idk if that means its just further ahead in development or if EX is now halted and moved to EX2 from now on. New gameplay changes to account for this. Updated March 2023.

I am not sure what to make of this so I guess I will just play them all. Game 1 seems to be the OG F95 release, just with alooooot of updates and new content. Game 2 seems to be the remake of Game 1 he always wanted but its with free roam sandbox stuff that a lot of users didnt like in the Game 1 so I am not sure what he means unless I am missing something or misinterpreting things. Game 3 seems to be the latest and one he is actively working on and the version of EX game 2 but WITOUT the free roam sandbox elements and is purely kinetic, your typical VN format.

Saves from the ancient F95 release wont work. All versions seem to be free to download. You guys might want to look at screen shots and some of the videos he provides to gleam more info and understanding. Dev seems to be focusing on Itchio and has stopped coming to this thread.

:unsure:
This thread download (compressed version atleast) is for tcndex not tcnd. So I think the tcnd was converted into ex here & left at ep7 by the dev who continued it to ep11 on itch & released ex2 on itch (ep2 I think)

(the original F95 one? it already had free roam though right?)
The version download from this thread is ex ver 0.8.1 I think. I only downloaded the compressed version, but if you found roam in the non-compressed version, it should be ex?
Gotta play both ex & tncd from itch alongside this thread's 0.8.1 to check. What a mess.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Idt dev cares rn. Even if you want to play EX you gotta get the 0.12.1(ep11) from his itch.io for 2.7 gb. I always go for compressed ver. since so much download is not worth most of the games. But no compressed for this(0.12.1 on itch) :(
From the few posts I saw, I think dev didn't handle the feedback from f95 very well & abandoned the site. Tcnd was never reposted here, ex was not updated & even ex2 was uploaded by others.

So whatever path you want to take, you have to go to itch since f95 doesn't have either tcnd or tcnd:ex in latest updates ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

If some mods could update this page to ex ver 0.12.1(ep11) & post the tcnd ver 0.25.1(ep22), that'd be very helpful.
I'm new & don't know the corect procedure. So if anyone cares, request a mod or post a request or whatever the proper course of action is.

I'll just try the <500 mb ex & ex2 found on f95 to see what the game is like:cautious:
I'm actually not even sure what version here is posted. Well, it is confusing...

So far there are:
- the first VN game called TP: The Class Next Door (short TP:TCND), latest version EP22 / v0.25.1 (developement is stopped)

- the sandbox follow up TCND:EX, latest version EP11 / v0.12.1 (developement is stopped)

- and now the mostly KN replacements/follow up of the two former games, called TCND:EX2, latest version EP2 / v0.3.2

[Ren'Py] - The Class Next Door: EX2 [v0.3.2] [9thCrux] | F95zone

Last edited:

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
So I checked the latest post in Ex itch & solved the mystery of ex2:

So EX complete game is done at 11 episodes & then continued in Ex2.

No completed tag here cause dev abandoned the site & never updated the game here.

- the first VN game called TP: The Class Next Door (short TP:TCND), latest version EP22 / v0.25.1 (developement is stopped)
The latest post only talks about adding 14 episodes & doesn't talk about whether the game is finished/abandoned/on-hold.

However that was Feb 2022, i e. a year ago, so I guess it's safe to say it's done.

The Class Next Door ended at Episode 7? Haha. Not even close.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And this is actually a big part of why many of us were annoyed. The game was never amazing, but at least it was all right. But then, after 22 Episodes of progress, we suddenly restart with sandbox? Ridiculous. And then, after a year of that, we restart again with kinetic novel? Forget about it.
Sorry for the multiple posts, but since you played to ep22 end: Is the game finished with ending(s) or abruptly abandoned?

Also, while I have you here: since you played the original up to ep22, was it an exclusive route game?
Like if you were on joans_route, could you still get other girls events?

Cause in ex(the 0.8.1 from this thread) having multiple *_route variables set to yes (i.e. being on multiple paths) does not seem to conflict.
Maybe this is what the dev meant when saying:
"but now he can jump between parallel timelines. He can remember what happens in each of the new timelines, but his feelings and mindset change every time he jumps.
In TCND: EX players can follow multiple routes in a single game-play."

So basically, you can only date one girl per play-through by choosing their route (which is exclusive with the other routes) in TCND, while in the EX version you can get events from all chosen routes in one play-through?

Hope you can clarify since I don't want to download 2gb just to check.
Sorry for the multiple notifications again.

Last edited:

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
No completed tag here cause dev abandoned the site & never updated the game here.
The dev kinda confimed that with the start of the "EX" game. For him the first VN game was always ment to be a sandbox, but only could do that after gaining some experience. Well, about a year ago he started to "transform" the game to the "EX" version - and that ended in a desaster. Almost nobody here liked that sandbox attempt, I assume even most of his subs/followers, too. But he still was really stubborn and made it even to EP11 with it. The "EX" game was kinda ignored here, therefore no leaks and game updates posted on F95zone anymore.

But seems he realized now it was a bad decision, maybe lost quite some of his subs because of that... Well, now he made the "EX2".

Reactions: Remembrance

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
The dev kinda confimed that with the start of the "EX" game. For him the first VN game was always ment to be a sandbox, but only could do that after gaining some experience. Well, about a year ago he started to "transform" the game to the "EX" version - and that ended in a desaster. Almost nobody here liked that sandbox attempt, I assume even most of his subs/followers, too. But he still was really stubborn and made it even to EP11 with it. The "EX" game was kinda ignored here, therefore no leaks and game updates posted on F95zone anymore.

But seems he realized now it was a bad decision, maybe lost quite some of his subs because of that... Well, now he made the "EX2".
I see. I only saw this thread after EX2 popped up on the Harem tag page.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Not sure what you mean with your bs post, but this game is stopped/dead almost a year. There are two follow up games (the bad "EX" and the new and not so bad "EX2").
wrong, 0.8.1 is ex1 and that new version is ex2.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
wrong, 0.8.1 is ex1 and that new version is ex2.
Ah, I see. Sometimes I don't understand the guys from F95zone.
So they removed the actual name giving TP: The Class Next Door downloads, did not change the thread name but added outdated downloads for the in the meantime also canceled TCND:EX :FacePalm:. But then made a new thread for the EX2 one...

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Ah, I see. Sometimes I don't understand the guys from F95zone.
So they removed the actual name giving TP: The Class Next Door downloads, did not change the thread name but added outdated downloads for the in the meantime also canceled TCND:EX :FacePalm:. But then made a new thread for the EX2 one...
right-o.

tcnd ex was continuation to tcnd while ex2 is reboot or something like that.

f95 mods once put 2 scamprojects to separate threads (old in original and new on new thread) but later decided to ease their headache and combined threads (useful since mostly same posters on both).

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So I checked the latest post in Ex itch & solved the mystery of ex2:

So EX complete game is done at 11 episodes & then continued in Ex2.

The latest post only talks about adding 14 episodes & doesn't talk about whether the game is finished/abandoned/on-hold.

However that was Feb 2022, i e. a year ago, so I guess it's safe to say it's done.

Sorry for the multiple posts, but since you played to ep22 end: Is the game finished with ending(s) or abruptly abandoned?

Also, while I have you here: since you played the original up to ep22, was it an exclusive route game?
Like if you were on joans_route, could you still get other girls events?

Cause in ex(the 0.8.1 from this thread) having multiple *_route variables set to yes (i.e. being on multiple paths) does not seem to conflict.
Maybe this is what the dev meant when saying:
"but now he can jump between parallel timelines. He can remember what happens in each of the new timelines, but his feelings and mindset change every time he jumps.
In TCND: EX players can follow multiple routes in a single game-play."

So basically, you can only date one girl per play-through by choosing their route (which is exclusive with the other routes) in TCND, while in the EX version you can get events from all chosen routes in one play-through?

Hope you can clarify since I don't want to download 2gb just to check.
Sorry for the multiple notifications again.
Basically abandoned. Pretty much, you finish Ep 22 and then the dev said something along the lines of "the MC realizes he made big mistakes" and so gets a "redo" or something. So with EX you start all over but with freeroam — I think. TBH I never actually played it to see for sure, but that's what it sounded like. And now EX2 is some kind of start over of the starting over. This was my main complaint. The dev should just figure out what he's actually going to do and then stick with that. This constant switching (VN, then sandbox, then KN — each time basically beginning the whole story again) deflates any desire to see where things eventually go.

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
Basically abandoned. Pretty much, you finish Ep 22 and then the dev said something along the lines of "the MC realizes he made big mistakes" and so gets a "redo" or something. So with EX you start all over but with freeroam — I think. TBH I never actually played it to see for sure, but that's what it sounded like. And now EX2 is some kind of start over of the starting over. This was my main complaint. The dev should just figure out what he's actually going to do and then stick with that. This constant switching (VN, then sandbox, then KN — each time basically beginning the whole story again) deflates any desire to see where things eventually go.
Hmm, so it does sync up. The original ends with the MC realising he made mistakes. He dies in EX due to his messed up choices, but meets death/angel who gives him a do-over option & restarts (time travel or such) from their move into the new town. It continues upto a certain point(house party planning something) & is continued from that point in EX2 which starts with the house party as continuation of the completed EX game.
I see the storyline now.

Btw, could you romance all the girls routes together in 1 play-through in the original? Don't wanna download 2gb & realise you only get 1 girls route.
Ex is harem where you can just say yes to every route, which I prefer.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hmm, so it does sync up. The original ends with the MC realising he made mistakes. He dies in EX due to his messed up choices, but meets death/angel who gives him a do-over option & restarts (time travel or such) from their move into the new town. It continues upto a certain point(house party planning something) & is continued from that point in EX2 which starts with the house party as continuation of the completed EX game.
I see the storyline now.

Btw, could you romance all the girls routes together in 1 play-through in the original? Don't wanna download 2gb & realise you only get 1 girls route.
Ex is harem where you can just say yes to every route, which I prefer.
No. You could gain affection / love with all of them for a time (a few episodes), but pathing in the code started branching: [if Girl A's love > X] then [jump to scene with her] otherwise [if Girl B's love > X] then [show her scene instead] otherwise. . . . That kind of thing. The plan (supposedly, at least) was that only one LI was available for a single PT.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
No. You could gain affection / love with all of them for a time (a few episodes), but pathing in the code started branching: [if Girl A's love > X] then [jump to scene with her] otherwise [if Girl B's love > X] then [show her scene instead] otherwise. . . . That kind of thing. The plan (supposedly, at least) was that only one LI was available for a single PT.
yea and could be easily dropped off from daughter path early.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
Thanks for the reply.
I don't like sandbox. I feel it's artificially extending the playtime by adding unnecessary actions. But I dislike exclusive paths even more, especially with so many girls. Like 9 exclusive paths? No thank you.:cautious:

So I kinda feel the dev is going in the right directions. TCND>EX removed exclusive paths & EX>EX2 supposedly removed sandbox (haven't tested).
So EX2 is supposedly(not played, need to play EX 0.12.1 first) a VN/KN where you can romance everyone in one play-through, coming full circle & basically becoming TCND with harem(all paths together) - the best option imo.

Don't put 9 individual paths is the lesson I guess. That & the fact that ppl hate sandbox :ROFLMAO:
Atleast he learnt from the TCND>EX transition & didn't reboot the whole game.

I saw you asking earlier, & EX2 is not a reboot like EX. I picks off the next day from where EX ended, so it's a season 2 or sequel.

What a confusing mess tho. I submitted a request, so hoping the thread will be updated with the latest version of EX & renamed (since EX2 is continuation of EX & original TCND is abandoned/finished/rebooted)
Support if anyone feels the same: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-class-next-door-ex.153839/

Thanks again for replying. Saved me from having to get 2gb from itch to check. Have a great day :giggle:

Last edited:
Reactions: J.R.

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
I'm just starting to play this game and have a few questions. First, Can you be on more than one route at a time? Second, does playing the main story automatically show scene for the routes you're on or are they a side story? If they are a side story, how do you activate them? Third, does this game have a task list? If so, where can you find them. forth, is there away to change the girls ages?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I'm just starting to play this game and have a few questions. First, Can you be on more than one route at a time? Second, does playing the main story automatically show scene for the routes you're on or are they a side story? If they are a side story, how do you activate them? Third, does this game have a task list? If so, where can you find them. forth, is there away to change the girls ages?
1. why on earth are you playing this?
2. well on orig. game (tcnd EXless) player could be on multiple paths but no idea about EX-version since never played it.
3. EX might have task list.
4. why would you want to change their ages? if you want underage (under 18) girls then you are on wrong forum.

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
1. why on earth are you playing this?
2. well on orig. game (tcnd EXless) player could be on multiple paths but no idea about EX-version since never played it.
3. EX might have task list.
4. why would you want to change their ages? if you want underage (under 18) girls then you are on wrong forum.
How can you tell if it's the orig. or EX? Also, does playing the main story automatically show scene for the routes you're on or are they a side story? If they are a side story, how do you activate them?

2.20 star(s) 114 Votes