2.20 star(s) 114 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I think at this point I'm no longer interested in trying to play the game. The dev keeps switching game formats like a baby's diapers. If he ever figures out what he actually wants to do with the game, I might come back to it.
yea lost interest atm and in the future too prolly.

Valuvika

Feb 5, 2023
How does it feel to be damn humble. At the beginning of that EX1, Dev assured that this direction is and will remain. He created perhaps the worst sandbox in history and his audience demanded to restore the style of the previous VN. He banned people on his page if they even thought negatively about his great work. It's a completely different voice now that no one liked his great work. He created a poll and the result was apparently a shock to him as the majority were negative towards the sandbox he created. Let's see what this dev still comes up with. At least I'm not going to put my fingers into that new game right away and I want to see for a while whether it generates a lot of negative atmosphere here.

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
i was a big fan and big proponent of this game in its original form. once dev made it clear that the "new direction" was it and that was that, i deleted it and haven't looked back. not sure how this thread popped up in my alerts (i thought i unwatched it), but even if he has returned to original format, i am not interested anymore.

the original version was actually pretty relatively far along in a mega slow burn before all the remaking/remastering/rewhatever. maybe, MAYBE i'll take a look again if it ever gets farther than it was storywise, or has significant major advancement. but until then. just no thanks.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
i was a big fan and big proponent of this game in its original form. once dev made it clear that the "new direction" was it and that was that, i deleted it and haven't looked back. not sure how this thread popped up in my alerts (i thought i unwatched it), but even if he has returned to original format, i am not interested anymore.

the original version was actually pretty relatively far along in a mega slow burn before all the remaking/remastering/rewhatever. maybe, MAYBE i'll take a look again if it ever gets farther than it was storywise, or has significant major advancement. but until then. just no thanks.
The original release I think ended at episode 7, right now the game at least on his itchio page is at episode 22 so lots of new content. The EX version seems to be the same game with free roam and the EX2 version is the EX version but no free roam and seems to be the current form of the game he is working on. Should be just as far or farther than episode 22 but I havent checked yet. The download link here on F95 is the EX version of the game and its out of date I think. You need to get it on his itchio page, linked on the first post. Its all free still.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The Class Next Door ended at Episode 7? Haha. Not even close.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And this is actually a big part of why many of us were annoyed. The game was never amazing, but at least it was all right. But then, after 22 Episodes of progress, we suddenly restart with sandbox? Ridiculous. And then, after a year of that, we restart again with kinetic novel? Forget about it.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
The Class Next Door ended at Episode 7? Haha. Not even close.
And this is actually a big part of why many of us were annoyed. The game was never amazing, but at least it was all right. But then, after 22 Episodes of progress, we suddenly restart with sandbox? Ridiculous. And then, after a year of that, we restart again with kinetic novel? Forget about it.
I am trying to remember where I last left off. It was around the time when the MC is helping Amy with some paperwork and getting her own place or something like that. What episode was that?

EDIT

Seems like the download link in the main post is for the EX version. Apparently the EX2 version on itchio is the continuation of that.

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
So the DEV's Itch.io page is a little confusing.. There seems to be 3 versions of this game.

1 - TP: The Class Next Door [Free Version]:
2gb in size despite claiming to be 1gb on the download link. This version is the F95 version but its up to episode 22 and was updated in December 2022 while the F95 version is episode 8, or 14 episodes behind in content! So tons of new content.

2 - The Class Next Door:EX [Free Version]:
2.7gb in size despite claiming to be 2gb on the download link. This EX version is claimed to be the free roam version of his game (the original F95 one? it already had free roam though right?) It is described as NOT as new game, but a new SEASON with many gameplay changes. I do not know if it follows the same naming/update episode convention but its at Episode 11. Updated December 11 2022.

3 - The Class Next Door:EX2 [DEMO]:
985mb size, kinetic novel version of EX without free roam. Also says it continues the events of the EX version. Idk if that means its just further ahead in development or if EX is now halted and moved to EX2 from now on. New gameplay changes to account for this. Updated March 2023.

I am not sure what to make of this so I guess I will just play them all. Game 1 seems to be the OG F95 release, just with alooooot of updates and new content. Game 2 seems to be the remake of Game 1 he always wanted but its with free roam sandbox stuff that a lot of users didnt like in the Game 1 so I am not sure what he means unless I am missing something or misinterpreting things. Game 3 seems to be the latest and one he is actively working on and the version of EX game 2 but WITOUT the free roam sandbox elements and is purely kinetic, your typical VN format.

Saves from the ancient F95 release wont work. All versions seem to be free to download. You guys might want to look at screen shots and some of the videos he provides to gleam more info and understanding. Dev seems to be focusing on Itchio and has stopped coming to this thread.

:unsure:
This started out with the dev trying to piggy back off the popularity of an abandoned game called Teacher's Pet hence the "TP" for the first one, when that didn't work the dev has seemingly been trying to find something that sticks since.

Reactions: Tatsuya25

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
ex2 has it's own thread (not hard to guess who posted "few" opinions on that thread. :p).

ImariKurumi

Nov 21, 2022
So the DEV's Itch.io page is a little confusing.. There seems to be 3 versions of this game.

1 - TP: The Class Next Door [Free Version]:
2gb in size despite claiming to be 1gb on the download link. This version is the F95 version but its up to episode 22 and was updated in December 2022 while the F95 version is episode 8, or 14 episodes behind in content! So tons of new content.

2 - The Class Next Door:EX [Free Version]:
2.7gb in size despite claiming to be 2gb on the download link. This EX version is claimed to be the free roam version of his game (the original F95 one? it already had free roam though right?) It is described as NOT as new game, but a new SEASON with many gameplay changes. I do not know if it follows the same naming/update episode convention but its at Episode 11. Updated December 11 2022.

3 - The Class Next Door:EX2 [DEMO]:
985mb size, kinetic novel version of EX without free roam. Also says it continues the events of the EX version. Idk if that means its just further ahead in development or if EX is now halted and moved to EX2 from now on. New gameplay changes to account for this. Updated March 2023.

I am not sure what to make of this so I guess I will just play them all. Game 1 seems to be the OG F95 release, just with alooooot of updates and new content. Game 2 seems to be the remake of Game 1 he always wanted but its with free roam sandbox stuff that a lot of users didnt like in the Game 1 so I am not sure what he means unless I am missing something or misinterpreting things. Game 3 seems to be the latest and one he is actively working on and the version of EX game 2 but WITOUT the free roam sandbox elements and is purely kinetic, your typical VN format.

Saves from the ancient F95 release wont work. All versions seem to be free to download. You guys might want to look at screen shots and some of the videos he provides to gleam more info and understanding. Dev seems to be focusing on Itchio and has stopped coming to this thread.

:unsure:
OMG, what a shitshow. I was enjoying EX2 and wanted to play the prequels to get the full story but its so damn confusing with all the different versions and releases.

So safe to say playing EX is enough or one needs to play both original TP:TCND followed by EX?

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Tatsuya25

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
OMG, what a shitshow. I was enjoying EX2 and wanted to play the prequels to get the full story but its so damn confusing with all the different versions and releases.

So safe to say playing EX is enough or one needs to play both original TP:TCND followed by EX?
forget tcnd and ex and play ex2.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016

After playing a bit more I think EX is enough, as EX2 is its direct continuation, just without the sandbox. TP is the most up to date oddly enough, and is the farthest in the story, but the story is very different compared to EX/EX2 which made lots of changes. Its really its own game. I played TP and went straight into EX2 and it made no sense, I knew enough to fill in the gaps thanks to TP, but the differences were too much so I played EX.

Play Suffer though EX then play EX2. Play TP if you want to enjoy an alternate telling of the same overall story and get some insight to where the Dev might take things with his EX/2 versions.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Personally, I'm thinking of just skipping EX. Since I played TCND I'd guess going to EX2 might not be that bad. (Haven't had time to do it yet, though. 15-hour workdays for weeks on end suck ass.)
well unless you want to play click and seek then for sure skip ex. it's extreme sandbox.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
After playing a bit more I think EX is enough, as EX2 is its direct continuation, just without the sandbox. TP is the most up to date oddly enough, and is the farthest in the story, but the story is very different compared to EX/EX2 which made lots of changes. Its really its own game. I played TP and went straight into EX2 and it made no sense, I knew enough to fill in the gaps thanks to TP, but the differences were too much so I played EX.

Play Suffer though EX then play EX2. Play TP if you want to enjoy an alternate telling of the same overall story and get some insight to where the Dev might take things with his EX/2 versions.
I wouldn't refer to the original as "TP" because they all technically begin with that. Using "TCND" makes it clearer what you're talking about. And if it doesn't make sense to go TCND straight into EX2, then screw it. I'm not going to go through all of EX just so this latest experiment version makes sense. So the same complaint as before: decide what the hell you actually want, 9thCrux, and then stick with it. Holy hell.

boobsrcool

Apr 1, 2022
I wouldn't refer to the original as "TP" because they all technically begin with that. Using "TCND" makes it clearer what you're talking about. And if it doesn't make sense to go TCND straight into EX2, then screw it. I'm not going to go through all of EX just so this latest experiment version makes sense. So the same complaint as before: decide what the hell you actually want, 9thCrux, and then stick with it. Holy hell.
I played TCND up until
then started this one and theres not a ton that hasnt been explain beyond how affectionate the girls are and that they're playing a game

ShirouryuuAkihito

Apr 18, 2018
One of the Most frustrating renpy games ever...Hell RPGM games is hella better at this point...Duuuucck!!

On another note...just found out Duck was not invented to be written instead of Fuck due to censorship issues...some bloke just mistyped it as D and F keys are close together and people followed after that(yes me as well)...YES I AM BORED!!

• Wow
Reactions: gaylechris231
2.20 star(s) 114 Votes