2.20 star(s) 114 Votes

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
You know, when I first played this game, after the very first release, I thought to myself, "Hmm, a little slow, a little empty and light, but maybe it could be good."

I also thought it was more than a little shady using the "Teacher's Pets" name in the game's title, which was more prominent in the first few releases, to confuse fans that this game and dev are somehow related to the original "Teacher's Pets" game (he's not). Kind of like calling my hypothetical next game "Our Fate: A New Family, The Other Side".

By update 2, when the MC was first introduced to the class, it looked promising. The graphics weren't mind-blowing, but it looked like it would have a variety of LIs, with some uniqueness, and could be enjoyable to play. I'd say update 3 or 4 was the last "good" update, where it seemed like the game might be decent. By update 5 and on, when the dialog became basically variations of "Hi, how are you?"..." I am fine, how are you?", "Did you have a good weekend", "Yes, I did, how about you?", etc., etc. not to mention the bizarre time the girls all wore "Blue Lives Matter" pajamas (also known as dog-whistling you know what) and the characters inexplicably, just in the middle of their day for no apparent reason, start talking about "left wing media bias", I could see that this game devolved into a terrible mess.

Next, the dev was banned from F95 for review manipulation to try to offset all the legitimate bad reviews of the mess the game became. And in the game, the dev started adding endless dream sequences rather than actual character progression in the game, which practically everyone hates, plus the switch to the worst kind of repetitive, featureless sandbox imaginable, well, let's just say this became the worse AVN I've played that started out with some decent potential (not mentioning the stick figure game, and the one with the 2 dots as characters. Remember those?).

All I can think of, is that the dev got so annoyed at all his legitimate fans complaining about the bad dialog, nothing ever happening in the real world with the characters, and his strange right wing political inserts into the game where nobody wanted to see it, that he decided to just say "Fuck It", and make the game as terrible as possible just to troll and annoy his dwinding fanbase. I don't imagine for a second that the dev himself thinks his game has been actually good or enjoyable to play for the last 5 updates for so, so it must all be intentionally bad. Not sure what the motive is.

Oh well. All I can say is "Good Riddance" TPTCND.

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
TP: The Class Next Door [v0.12.1] [9thCrux]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- - -

Mac:

- - -

mario1994

Nov 3, 2017
Dev jumped head first into too big a project for him to handle, especially alone. I can only guess that he wanted at the start make big game with interlocking plot lines and deep characters with their own feelings and desires, but the more he worked on code, graphic design and deadlines he made for himself the less he enjoyed the grind. The less passion he had for his own work. Essentially trying to milk off all money he could while he himself tried to distance himself from this work. I can only guess what went through his mind.. what was worst in this game is that dev didn't introduce one character at a time so we could learn about them individually and have our little crushes of our own. Nah. Introduce all of them almost at once. Whole classroom full of girls. Each of them more or less two dimensional. We don't get to know any of them on deeper level. Lets not forget our own daughter like character... besides her sweetness I can't think of single quality of her or goal that would make her look different than the rest of them... Its a wasted potential. Too much at once dev wanted to do and it backfired. If he focused on the story about daughter and add new girls to the mix with time. It could have gradual flow of the plot that it lacked.

Reactions: oceanbobo4

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
Dev jumped head first into too big a project for him to handle, especially alone. I can only guess that he wanted at the start make big game with interlocking plot lines and deep characters with their own feelings and desires, but the more he worked on code, graphic design and deadlines he made for himself the less he enjoyed the grind. The less passion he had for his own work. Essentially trying to milk off all money he could while he himself tried to distance himself from this work. I can only guess what went through his mind.. what was worst in this game is that dev didn't introduce one character at a time so we could learn about them individually and have our little crushes of our own. Nah. Introduce all of them almost at once. Whole classroom full of girls. Each of them more or less two dimensional. We don't get to know any of them on deeper level. Lets not forget our own daughter like character... besides her sweetness I can't think of single quality of her or goal that would make her look different than the rest of them... Its a wasted potential. Too much at once dev wanted to do and it backfired. If he focused on the story about daughter and add new girls to the mix with time. It could have gradual flow of the plot that it lacked.
It probably doesn't help that he was trying to chase the popularity of the original Teacher's Pet.

Reactions: mario1994
2.20 star(s) 114 Votes