2.20 star(s) 114 Votes

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
What's your point? Version numbers are just numbers, they're not supposed to carry any inherent meaning beyond indicating what version they are.

One convention is to have a year.month.optional revision numbering scheme.

There are games which also have a major.minor.revision.build version numbers. The build number can run up to a few thousand.

Any expectation that they are a decimal extension of the version number are deluding themselves. They were never meant to be, even though in the past, a lot of software companies aimed to have only several internal testing (alpha, beta, RC) versions before a release, but that was more due to how the waterfall development model worked than any convention.

Expecting the version number to indicate anything not stated by the developer is unreasonable.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
regardless of all that i think this is a great game , even if the Dev. is a fucking tease hahhahhahahhaahh

Reactions: 9thCrux

dinto

Aug 2, 2017
is it possible that the old saves don't work in this update? I am not getting any new content here

Aug 13, 2017
What's your point? Version numbers are just numbers, they're not supposed to carry any inherent meaning beyond indicating what version they are.

One convention is to have a year.month.optional revision numbering scheme.

There are games which also have a major.minor.revision.build version numbers. The build number can run up to a few thousand.

Any expectation that they are a decimal extension of the version number are deluding themselves. They were never meant to be, even though in the past, a lot of software companies aimed to have only several internal testing (alpha, beta, RC) versions before a release, but that was more due to how the waterfall development model worked than any convention.

Expecting the version number to indicate anything not stated by the developer is unreasonable.
something tells me you were replying to me and the .6 MEANT this is about the fifth update to the game and its still floundering on the second day of school the characters are barely introduced at all (knowing their name) and the day is not split into tons of events I would think that was a simple enough concept to grasp.

where exactly did I mention version number precedent? if they follow basic industry standards such as pre release its UNDER 1.0 the dev at least looks to have a clue why version numbers exist. <<<this has been discussed before some people simply don't want to comply and that makes their version numbers look pretty dumb kind of like someone who insists on using a red circle with a bar across it as a one way sign. sure you can do it but the vast majority of drivers wont recognize it the way that person intends it.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
is it possible that the old saves don't work in this update? I am not getting any new content here
Check the changes from episode 2 to episode 3:
Episode 3 v0.6.3
-More grammar and spelling corrections.
-Fixed some images not showing Marjory's makeup.
-Many changes to the code.
-Story progress with Marjory, Tiffany, Miss Evans, and Daria.
-Lewd dream with Tiffany.
-GUI adjustments.
-Bug fixes.

Episode 2 v0.5.3
-Major grammar and spelling corrections.
-Underlying code changes.
-Added more info about the navigation demo at the end of the game.

Episode 2 v0.5.1:
-Added a stats screen, use Shift+F6 to show the screen and use the close button to hide it.
-Grammar corrections.
-Spelling corrections.
-Added an image for the steak dream.
-Extended the closing dialog at the hotel (requires 100% Tiffany's route = 25 romance).
The saves have nothing to do with the new content in episode 3, they're not route specific.
Not beside Tiffany's dream I mean, the dream is pure daughter's route.

Download the right version (episode 3), that can be the only explanation why you're not seeing new content...

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
something tells me you were replying to me and the .6 MEANT this is about the fifth update to the game and its still floundering on the second day of school the characters are barely introduced at all (knowing their name) and the day is not split into tons of events I would think that was a simple enough concept to grasp.

where exactly did I mention version number precedent? if they follow basic industry standards such as pre release its UNDER 1.0 the dev at least looks to have a clue why version numbers exist.
The version is well under 1.0. It's 0.6.3. And the latest patron only version is 0.7.1. I suspect the June update will be 0.10.1 and July will follow with 0.11.1. Why should the dev conform to just one specific scheme that a random dude on the internet thinks is the only acceptable one?

<<<this has been discussed before some people simply don't want to comply and that makes their version numbers look pretty dumb kind of like someone who insists on using a red circle with a bar across it as a one way sign. sure you can do it but the vast majority of drivers wont recognize it the way that person intends it.
??? I don't get it. I'm not sure if you're just being obtuse.
Red circle with a white bar across definitely means it's a one way street and it's placed at the exit side of it. It's one of the signs standardized in the Vienna convention on traffic. You can't even use the excuse that USA is not part of the convention because it was adopted in the US around 50 years ago and its use is now mandatory.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
yes a lot changes but not much playing wise and not saying it's bad thing.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
HTML5 Version!

Tiffhtml.jpg

Made an HTML5 version of my game, you can play it in your web browser!
Ren'Py Web is still in beta, is still being developed, there are a lot of engine limitations.
There are limitations to the game size, no video playback, and other Ren'Py features.

I had a hard time resizing my game to a browser friendly format; had to edit my GUI,
stats screen, layout, and had to make many coding changes.

It was a lot of work but here is it!

HTML5 version is on hold, not available until further notice.

I recommend you to use Firefox to play Ren'Py Web games.

EDIT:
Oh right, next update will be called: 0.7-32.00-gummy-jump.001-1
:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaly

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
9thCrux: Your game is awesome. Ignore all the trollish complaints about lack of content. I don't know what people want. They should go over and look at the Milfy city thread that only releases every 10 months or so. If you look at the top rated games here, most update every 2-4 months or longer, which is fine. Most devs are doing this as a hobby for fun, and have a full time job and other responsibilities. In my opinion, anything that gets released for a game I like is great.

Your update schedule has been totally fine, better than most. Plus, the content is substantial. I really liked the episode 3 updates, and I am excited to see what happens with each character in the future. All your characters are great, it's hard to pick a favorite, except Tiffany of course, she is number one. Thanks for making such a great game for all of us. You have a real gem with TP The Class Next Door.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
played several renpy webgames (and other engines webgames) and not rly fan of those.

Reactions: Pinsel

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Well wasn't expecting Marjory to be the little minx there although meeting her in the locker room did get me thinking I like this so far it's a nice game can't wait for the next update to see where that situation goes from here.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Well wasn't expecting Marjory to be the little minx there although meeting her in the locker room did get me thinking I like this so far it's a nice game can't wait for the next update to see where that situation goes from here.
I kind of overdid it with Marjory in episode three, made some edits in episode four, I toned down the slutty feel to it.
The scene was extended and includes more lewd content but now it keeps the theme and tone of the game. (Not slutty)

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
I kind of overdid it with Marjory in episode three, made some edits in episode four, I toned down the slutty feel to it.
The scene was extended and includes more lewd content but now it keeps the theme and tone of the game. (Not slutty)
Well, it was a bit blunt of an approach, but hey it was kinda interesting.

• Thinking Face

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Pls stick with Renpy
I'm not turning my game into a just HTML5 game.

I will be releasing my game for:
-PC/Linux.
-MAC.
-Android.
-HTML5 (version will be available by next month).

The idea is to have more options to play the game; some people only use Linux, some others only use MAC, others can only play in their smartphones.

The HTML5 version is just about 85MB and is more convenient for mobile users that can't or don't want to download and install the 300+MB apk.

So it is about providing more options for the players.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
played several renpy webgames (and other engines webgames) and not rly fan of those.
I think the point of doing HTML5 versions of the game is so that players on all platforms can access the games. Unless you have access to a Mac, making versions for the iPhone is a downright pain, and if you're not comfortable making games for Android, that can be a pain as well. By doing an HTML5 version, people on platforms that are not officially supported by the dev will at least have access to something, so that's a good thing. I certainly wouldn't advocate doing the game completely in HTML5, because I haven't found a single game on here yet (with the notable exception of Palmer games Daughter for Dessert and Double Homework) that I don't hate. I am not particularly in love with either of those games from a game experience standpoint, but generally they play pretty smooth. I applaud the dev for doing the extra work to make his game easily accessible to more players.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
some html5 ports work just fine besides not being as smooth as renpy, etc versions.

2.20 star(s) 114 Votes