VN Ren'Py Tragic Elf Life [v0.03] [StraponCookie]

StraponCookie

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
Renders look good, but sadly the conversations feel a bit robotic. Also it feels like the MC should say something in reaction to the actions or things the girls say to him, but he actually says nothing. It feels like there is dialogue missing, that was especially the case during day 1.
The translation needs still some work, here an example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Then as a suggestion, Molly calls the MC "Herr Lehrer", that could be translated to "teacher" or "teach" for short. My suggestion would be to look for a better translation software or some help from people that speak both, German and English, the latter should be fluently.
In addition it looks more like a softcore game. You should mention that in the OP, because that could be a crucial point for some people.

I see i missed the translation of the variable for Herr Lehrer/teacher,
also the sentence with the recovery wish is actually wrong.
At the moment I have only one proofreader and that only for the German version. For the English version I currently have to rely on my rusty knowledge (and Deepl/ChatGPT), although I have been working on it directly after work for the last few days, which is why my own concentration has suffered a lot.
This error should have been noticed immediately (like some before).

I´m on it to check the translation again to make some kind of "hotfix"
should have just taken more time

Little Edit:
More feedback from the MC has been noted and will be implemented in the subsequent version. (Also retroactively for Day 1 and Day 2)

My apologies

Given I have a distace for isekai my criticism is kinda biased.
Nonetheless, in this case I don't see what the isekai part of the game bring, the story is that of somebody having an accident, is saved by a "divine" entity but lost their memory. Given they already have a wife, daughters, a sister and niece, the isekai part only reduce the impact of these relations since they were the relation of somebody else.
An isekai shine by its use of the memories of the previous life of the character or by the fact they escape a/some specific(s) rule(s) around which the adventure will revolves.
But in this case the character was already really open toward non human, even his sister is. So what does the isekai part bring? I hope for the story that there is a payoff for it otherwise it bring nothing and that's one of the worse thing an element of your story can do.
Good luck dev, hope you prove me wrong.
I like iseka too but memorys are not neccesary in all isekais.
There are many differences in this genre, some hold their memory, some not, some are reborn some just pulled into the world.
And some get superpowers and some not.
Its all based on the other genres and the story.

But the Isekai part in my VN is not just a start to tell the story.
The rebirth will have its impact
For some more info to comming events:

Possible spoilers ahead

Thanks for the Feedback so far

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
I see i missed the translation of the variable for Herr Lehrer/teacher,
also the sentence with the recovery wish is actually wrong.
At the moment I have only one proofreader and that only for the German version. For the English version I currently have to rely on my rusty knowledge (and Deepl/ChatGPT), although I have been working on it directly after work for the last few days, which is why my own concentration has suffered a lot.
This error should have been noticed immediately (like some before).

I´m on it to check the translation again to make some kind of "hotfix"
should have just taken more time

Little Edit:
More feedback from the MC has been noted and will be implemented in the subsequent version. (Also retroactively for Day 1 and Day 2)

My apologies

I like iseka too but memorys are not neccesary in all isekais.
There are many differences in this genre, some hold their memory, some not, some are reborn some just pulled into the world.
And some get superpowers and some not.
Its all based on the other genres and the story.

But the Isekai part in my VN is not just a start to tell the story.
The rebirth will have its impact
For some more info to comming events:

Possible spoilers ahead

Thanks for the Feedback so far
It's good, that you actively react to all the feedback, even if it's something negative. I do know how difficult it can be to translate if you're rusty, because I have to translate also everything from German to English and my school days lie also a few years back. The most important thing is, that you try to learn along the way and don't let yourself discourage from the negative feedback. Wish you much success and see you at later update.

Reactions: StraponCookie

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
I know a guy thats german but his english is pretty great, Ill try to get him to give his a go. Maybe he'd be interested in helping the translation or something.

Reactions: StraponCookie

maybelaterd00

Aug 9, 2021
the game keeps swapping from english to germen and then back to english when talking to wife in Livingroom so i cant really follow the story as i feel i am missing a lot of stuff. Good start to the game though keep at it and i wish you the best on it

StraponCookie

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
the game keeps swapping from english to germen and then back to english when talking to wife in Livingroom so i cant really follow the story as i feel i am missing a lot of stuff. Good start to the game though keep at it and i wish you the best on it
Maybe the part where Succubu's voice comes into the conversation?

I'm working on correcting that right now.
Either today or tomorrow there will be a "hotfix".

I work as fast as possible to bring the "hotfix".

CamaroFan432
I am grateful for (almost) any feedback, so I can still work on myself and the VN during the process.
There's no point in ignoring negative feedback,
as long as it is constructive, feedback should never be ignored
There will never be only positive feedback and with negative feedback you know where you have to work on it.

Greetings
Straponcookie

maybelaterd00

Aug 9, 2021
Maybe the part where Succubu's voice comes into the conversation?

I'm working on correcting that right now.
Either today or tomorrow there will be a "hotfix".

I work as fast as possible to bring the "hotfix".

CamaroFan432
I am grateful for (almost) any feedback, so I can still work on myself and the VN during the process.
There's no point in ignoring negative feedback,
as long as it is constructive, feedback should never be ignored
There will never be only positive feedback and with negative feedback you know where you have to work on it.

Greetings
Straponcookie
yeah that is the part and thank you for working on it game looks good keep at it and good luck moving forward. and thanks for the reply

PopPop63

Jun 16, 2020
As i said before planed is a story focused VN, Inzest patch is atm not necessary also the Loli Patch, but there are made because Patreon is already created (just not set up) but I don't want to do so much with Patreon yet because it is an alpha of just 1 day.

Like No content no support.
As soon the content reaches a lvl that pleases me i will start with patreon.
The patch datas are some preparations for this.

Due to the forced bath scene:
There will be some like these with your "wife" because of "marriage duties"

The other scenes will allways be avoidable (like the hospital and after this is a mastrubation scene, these are avoidable and do nothing to the karma system or other flags) the same applies to scenes with content whose tags you don't like (for example in the planned tags: rape).

So i would say wait a few patches and check then again, if you like it then i would be happy if you play it.

Day 2 is in progress along with the translation fixes, but since I'm currently working lousy shifts it will take longer than originally planned with Day 2 Content.
use subscribestar screw shitty patreon. patreon is shit. BTW, how to enable the WT it doesn't work.

Reactions: P-Kun44

StraponCookie

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
use subscribestar screw shitty patreon. patreon is shit. BTW, how to enable the WT it doesn't work.
At the moment walktrough is disabled,
still try to make a nicer looking Walktrough.

But the basic version of the walktrough follows tomorow, together with a few corrections of the current translation errors.

As soon as im happy with my progress i will take a closer look at subscribestar according to your advice.
Thx

Reactions: Repuci

StraponCookie

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
It took a while
but the version is updated alternatively there is a link which contains the corrections as single.
Also the walktrough is aviable in the fix and the fixed version.

If there are still errors, please let me know.

Sorry for the problems that arose

On top plan for next update:

Rework the dialogs of Day 2 (More dialog and reaction from mc)
Day 3 part 1 (if i make good progress complete day 3)

Kind regards
Straponcookie

AslanBalaur

Nov 16, 2020
It took a while
but the version is updated alternatively there is a link which contains the corrections as single.
Also the walktrough is aviable in the fix and the fixed version.

If there are still errors, please let me know.

Sorry for the problems that arose

Straponcookie
I don't know if this would be of any help for you, but as a native (American) English speaker, even from Google Translate, I can make better English translations than many you have in the game. Plus I can create the missing translations. I am not so good on coding. I tried to fix it in the scripts.rpa file, but that breaks the game. Something about truncated stream. I could go over the dialogue in the script file and send good translations to you.

StraponCookie

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
I don't know if this would be of any help for you, but as a native (American) English speaker, even from Google Translate, I can make better English translations than many you have in the game. Plus I can create the missing translations. I am not so good on coding. I tried to fix it in the scripts.rpa file, but that breaks the game. Something about truncated stream. I could go over the dialogue in the script file and send good translations to you.
I appreciate your offer but I already got a help offer to proofread and rework my translations.

Nevertheless, feel free to send feedback or suggestions.

Changing something in the script requires compliance to a certain format, otherwise renpy cannot read or handle it.

StraponCookie

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
A short Update Info:

Due to some private events unfortunately a little delayed.

I have added a little more cotext from the MC on Day 1 and 2 and am currently writing the script for Day 3.
Here I have decided to bring this complete and not in 2 parts, but will keep you up to date as it develops.
But since some characters will enter and also some decision points will be available, it takes some time to implement this properly.

With kind regards
StraponCookie

StraponCookie

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
Same as last time short Update info:

Code:

Script about 30% written
Proofreading and translation pending

Render:
0 of unknown number (The number depends on the script and how many renders I need in each location.)

New introduced characters:
3/12 created

I will keep you updated on how it develops. If significant progress is not achieved, I will inform you again in 2 weeks at the latest.
But as mentioned before, due to the number of new characters and story/lore, the Day 3 update will take some time

Crunchy greetings
StraponCookie

StraponCookie

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
A litte bit delayed Update Info:

Code:

Script about 55% written
Proofreading and translation pending

Render:
0%
At this moment of the script 95 renders are needed (animation scenes not included) the following code will need even more renders i currently expect about 270 renders in total.

New introduced characters:
3/12 created

Some side info, due to a storm yesterday our basement was flooded which is why the update info was missing yesterday so you get it today.

Progress is unfortunately also lower than desired, because I'm currently trying to incorporate some points in the code to make the coding more pleasant and clearer for myself and there are some checkpoints for upcoming routes where you can decide for or against.
But I'm confident that I'll have the code ready by the end of the week and then I can get to work on the renders/characters while the proofreading takes place.

StraponCookie

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
Today just a delayed information:
Over the past 2 Weeks, I have been struggling with depression and a lack of motivation, which has significantly impacted my daily life and work. Despite my best efforts, I have found it difficult to find the energy and focus needed to make substantial progress on the vn.

I am still working on it, but due to the lack of motivation, the percentage of progress on the script is very low. However, with the help of a friend, I managed to complete 2 more characters (I let him handle the creation).

To give you some numbers:

Script about 60%
Proofreading and translation follow with "completion" of the day 3 script.

Render 0% (atm 146 Render needed, prediction still at 270 to 300 without scenes)

New Characters:
5/12

Kink path (checkpoints) included: 4

The progress or work on the VN should now pick up pace as I have regained some of my motivation and have my depression more under control. ( since I am now working full-time instead of part-time, please don't expect too much progress.)

Thank you for your understanding and crunchy regards.
And at this point once again, feedback is desired, and you are welcome to express your wishes for content.

StraponCookie

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
Today, just a brief update on my current progress. Over the next 3 weeks, the progress will unfortunately slow down again, as I have a lot of late and additional shifts scheduled for the upcoming weeks. However, I will stay on track to complete the Day 3 update as soon as possible.

Script about 70% finished ( currently about 3000 lines of code)

Render needed: atm 316 (prediction is clearly exceeded since 2 choices need a set of renders in variation)

Thank you for your patience and crunchy greetings

StraponCookie

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
Current status of the update for day 3:

Script is after many problems (physical illnes) finally finished
Currently, minor bugs are still being patched and the translation is in progress.

So that also a few numbers are available:

The "Game" script alone contains over 3500 lines of code.
Characters are now a total of 14 Stk come to the addition (Finished)
Scenescreens that are needed (current state without animations): 415 pcs.

There are also decision points for future kinks: 4 pcs.

Crunchy greetings

StraponCookie

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
Due to the Black Week and Black Friday (and also the "aftershocks") I am currently working in many extra shifts in my RL job, so progress is slower than already

English translation is finished but still needs to get some proofreading (wip) and from the screens I am currently at 100/415 (2 animated scenes are finished)

crunchy greetings

StraponCookie

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
Merry Xmas.png

Crunchy Christmas with some News:

The 0.03 version will be released on December 31 / January 01 regardless of the current status (currently still proofreading and bug fixing).