VN Ren'Py Abandoned Transcendent [Ep. 4] [GMgaming]

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
While I agree that the game over shouldn't be there, I disagree that the "good guys" should succeed at everything. That's boring and not good design. "Scary looking" means nothing unless the bad guys can also score some wins to make them a credible threat.

IMO his death should have been allowed (and any of his future lines/role given to Sarge or another new grunt) with the transition covered by a throwaway line like "Stupid human, died for nothing. Lillith has known about your hideout for 2 days. Us sisters just wanted to have some fun."

From the Dev's POV, however, I can understand why that's not a good option either. He'd have to render scenes with both Carmine in it and those where Carmine is dead. As we are early days yet, that's a lot of potential extra work. This was just a case of putting a major choice branch at an un-ideal point in the game.

GM Studios

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2018
It started of OK,but any decent gameplay is going to allow you to have the character Carmine resist to his ability.I mean that's what he's supposed to do,to defeat the bad guys but have a game over because he does this?It seems the game is designed for him to fail.That makes no sense and is total crap!I wonder if I will come across more B S scenes like this that will just take me out of the game!
The point of it is no matter what he had to give up the info, you'll understand why in future updates.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
sorry for being a bit late, here is my unofficial android port of Transcendent Ep2.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

GM Studios

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2018
Great game btw but why the game keeps crashing when carmine is getting tortured I'm playing it on my phone.

Is the unofficial port the game is The problenm?
I couple of people have told me it crashes, i don't seem to have a problem but I'll look into it. The Android port is not from me so I don't know if it might be it.

Reactions: Ryuuji Mutou

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
GMgaming 3 remarks from me to the fix.

define config.automatic_images = True this should be a list of separators and not True for Ren'Py to auto define images. if there are no errors because of missing or undefined images, this will help nothing.

config.image_cache_size_mb = 1000 ask DrPinkCake for the effects of this statement ;)

dunno where the crash exactly happens, but an animation containing 41 images might be a problem. why don't you try to create a small video sequence of it.

Reactions: Canto Forte

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
Interesting game, good graphics, stunning girls. But I don't understand why put so many options, if most lead you to the same end, or worse, to an immediate game over ... :unsure:

By the way, I think Lilith's story describes her with black hair, and white or silver skin, referring to the night and the moon, and Adam blond (yellow as the sun) with golden skin. So when she is old, with black shit on the body, is a more appropriate approach ... Well, it's what I think.

Good luck with the game, thanks for sharing.:cool:

Reactions: GM Studios

GM Studios

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2018
GMgaming 3 remarks from me to the fix.

define config.automatic_images = True this should be a list of separators and not True for Ren'Py to auto define images. if there are no errors because of missing or undefined images, this will help nothing.

config.image_cache_size_mb = 1000 ask DrPinkCake for the effects of this statement ;)

dunno where the crash exactly happens, but an animation containing 41 images might be a problem. why don't you try to create a small video sequence of it.
the last animation of the torture scene thats where the crash happens, im still learning code ill look into that thanks!

• Angry
Reactions: Canto Forte

iamvqb

Nov 7, 2016
Still fking crash everytime i play the game. Cant get past the "torture" sequence to see more. Nice fix

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes