kaorok

May 31, 2017
When I started, all spy content was intended for Transfigure 2.0, so it shouldn't really be in the story at all. Linking it wasn't even a consideration until I realized everyone will be waiting years for some of what I think is the best content (and that's a drag). So that's why it is connected as is, it was a spur of the moment kind of thing where I wanted to show off some of the atypical parts of the story. Transfigure 2.0 has an intro story to the spy content (and is espionage focused) that is very different from the current one on Drew's route. I find it a bit hard to "divorce" the stories since they link up and borrow from each other in interesting ways (eventually). Then if I do move the spy content the same argument seems to apply to all the off branches and it isn't feasible or a good idea to make them all separate. Once the stories are woven together it gets more difficult to split them apart. If all choices railroad into a linear spaghetti path that undermines one of the core themes of the game (choice and the power of seemingly inconsequential decisions to change your life). Some mad science Drew style is one of the ideas on the drawing board. What I have decided over the past couple months is that it makes sense to have most of the Drew romance/sex content be optional and have the route be a main branch that includes romance with Drew if a player is so inclined.

As always, this is a work in progress at alpha level so there is a lot that can change over the course of development. Thanks for providing detailed feedback to help make Transfigure better, Kaorok!
Ohhh. That makes a lot more sense. I've been seeing it from the reverse perspective, where I thought the Drew romance was added to the SpyTaylor route. In this case, I guess try swapping Drew's photo with a more attractive version of him? Jonah Hill from 21 Jump Street, Get Him to the Greek, or even Moneyball all have this wit, intelligence, and adorkability that would make the route a lot more believable. Heck, I think Jonah Hill as Jonah Hill from This is The End, who is probably the biggest garbage can of a person Jonah Hill has ever played, is more fuckable than Superbad Jonah Hill.

Higurashika

Nov 15, 2018
Wait. How?
I've found two routes with male protagonist but they have a little content, not worth playing yet. In some prev version was an easy way to stay male (variant "go home and fap"), but in current version this option follow to transformation either. So now i really don't know how to play normal MP route.
I think we should wait until @TangoTF will reply.

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Don't confuse ppl with "Male Protagonist" tag.
I didn't make the tags, but they are technically correct. Taylor Roux is male and the story frequently focuses on this identity, regardless of what form Taylor is currently in. That said, I think a m2f tag and a female protagonist tag are needed for clarity's sake.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Namco15 and kaorok

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Wait, does that mean we'll get futa and boy-with-a-pussy content in the future? Because MY BODY IS READY.
At first I was just going to do a few core routes with a group of fetishes within my comfort zone. I had a lot of content I would describe as "off limits," which is mainly stuff I personally have no affinity for. If I write a scene I have no love for, there is a good chance it shows. Yet, as Transfigure grows, it became clear diversity is its biggest selling point and weakness. It just seemed a better idea to include more options than less, especially if it made sense within the context of the story and Taylor's quest to regain his lost manhood. So I had no plans to include m-m, futa, hard incest etc but as I got fleshing out various routes, I gradually changed my mind. Readers and patrons have also had a big impact and have changed the distribution of content. There is a lot more pregnancy, incest, and other fetish content in development because that is what a lot of readers want. I highly doubt there will ever be a lot of this kind of alt-alt content but I have decided to include some of it for completeness sake. It is still my story but I want to give people options and check as many boxes as possible.

Reactions: Ankosh and kaorok

kaorok

May 31, 2017
At first I was just going to do a few core routes with a group of fetishes within my comfort zone. I had a lot of content I would describe as "off limits," which is mainly stuff I personally have no affinity for. If I write a scene I have no love for, there is a good chance it shows. Yet, as Transfigure grows, it became clear diversity is its biggest selling point and weakness. It just seemed a better idea to include more options than less, especially if it made sense within the context of the story and Taylor's quest to regain his lost manhood. So I had no plans to include m-m, futa, hard incest etc but as I got fleshing out various routes, I gradually changed my mind. Readers and patrons have also had a big impact and have changed the distribution of content. There is a lot more pregnancy, incest, and other fetish content in development because that is what a lot of readers want. I highly doubt there will ever be a lot of this kind of alt-alt content but I have decided to include some of it for completeness sake. It is still my story but I want to give people options and check as many boxes as possible.

Wow, that's great to hear. Thanks for being such an open-minded creator who delivers updates on time. The only other erogame creator I've found who's on this level is Splendid Ostrich of Newlife, and he's polite to point out the limitations of either his system (that he's coding from scratch), his gameplay, or the laws of the country he's living in as an objection to certain content.

Also: that spoiler scenario sounds super-hot, and yes that's the best execution of "Whelp I guess we're gay now" that I've seen.

Now if only you could tell me that you could write in an mpreg scenario (either for Taylor as a boy, or boi with a pussy)...

Reactions: TangoTF

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Wow, that's great to hear. Thanks for being such an open-minded creator who delivers updates on time. The only other erogame creator I've found who's on this level is Splendid Ostrich of Newlife, and he's polite to point out the limitations of either his system (that he's coding from scratch), his gameplay, or the laws of the country he's living in as an objection to certain content.

Also: that spoiler scenario sounds super-hot, and yes that's the best execution of "Whelp I guess we're gay now" that I've seen.

Now if only you could tell me that you could write in an mpreg scenario (either for Taylor as a boy, or boi with a pussy)...
Thanks for those kind words! I really appreciate it!

As for your request, I have a few super off-the-wall ideas for some bonus endings and there is the possibility for something like this being added. I have a couple scenarios that result in odd transformations and wacky match ups... but it is pointless talking about potential ending #177 when I have only finished a handful so far. If a scene like this appears it probably won't be soon. If you want it sooner, you might have to snipe a director slot. I also have serious questions about the anatomy of a pregnant boy. What does that even look like? Is a pregnant "boi" with a pussy a boy or just a masculine, flat girl? If Taylor gets pregnant in his female body is that indirect mpreg? Also while I am asking weird questions, can someone explain to me in clear terms what a "sissy" is?

kaorok

May 31, 2017
Thanks for those kind words! I really appreciate it!

As for your request, I have a few super off-the-wall ideas for some bonus endings and there is the possibility for something like this being added. I have a couple scenarios that result in odd transformations and wacky match ups... but it is pointless talking about potential ending #177 when I have only finished a handful so far. If a scene like this appears it probably won't be soon. If you want it sooner, you might have to snipe a director slot. I also have serious questions about the anatomy of a pregnant boy. What does that even look like? Is a pregnant "boi" with a pussy a boy or just a masculine, flat girl? If Taylor gets pregnant in his female body is that indirect mpreg? Also while I am asking weird questions, can someone explain to me in clear terms what a "sissy" is?
Oh no, you shouldn't have asked me these questions, I am way too informed about them.

First off, yeah, I can totally imagine these being sidebranch of a sidebranch path later, and am at peace with them being low priority compared to finishing out the main paths first.

So now let's talk about contemporary genderslang 101:
When I use boi, I generally use it to refer to a young transman (aka born with girl parts, but identifies as male). It's not generally used that way, but only useful here as a way to distinguish between all the possible configurations of sexual organs and genders that Taylor can end up with. Think of it as an inverse of futa (which trans people consider to be a slur when used to refer to real people, btw).

A masculine flat-chested girl is still a girl. The best term we have for these are tomboys, I guess. (Confusingly, tomboys are slang for lesbians in my country, but that's another conversation).

A sissy is a very specific kind of a very feminine guy. While there are many terms for feminine gay guys, the most commonly accepted of which is femme (as opposed to all the derogatory insults available, including pansy and sissy). Sissy, in fetish terms, usually refers to an originally straight guy who is forced/pressured/brainwashed into dressing up as a girl and taking on more feminine characteristics. This usually has elements of cuckolding and being forced to participate in gay sex as well, usually as the bottom.

If Taylor gets pregnant in his female body, it is technically indirect mpreg, but Mpreg enthusiasts (OF WHICH THERE ARE DOZENS OF US! DOZENS! AND ONCE WE FIND OUT HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER NOW THAT TUMBLR HAS GONE TO SHIT YOU WILL RUE THE DAY YOU CROSSED US!!!) wouldn't consider it to be true Mpreg. They usually consider a transman (aka male presenting, but with female genitalia) getting pregnant to be mpreg, as well as a masculine hermaphrodite getting pregnant as Mpreg, but the "ideal" mpreg is a masculine dude with male genitalia only getting pregnant, and having to give birth via his butt. (Or his dick, but even most mpreg fans think dickpregnancy/dickbirth to be too fucking weird for us. Kind of like how there are furries who are too weird even for the bigger furry community?)

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Oh no, you shouldn't have asked me these questions, I am way too informed about them.

First off, yeah, I can totally imagine these being sidebranch of a sidebranch path later, and am at peace with them being low priority compared to finishing out the main paths first.

So now let's talk about contemporary genderslang 101:
When I use boi, I generally use it to refer to a young transman (aka born with girl parts, but identifies as male). It's not generally used that way, but only useful here as a way to distinguish between all the possible configurations of sexual organs and genders that Taylor can end up with. Think of it as an inverse of futa (which trans people consider to be a slur when used to refer to real people, btw).

A masculine flat-chested girl is still a girl. The best term we have for these are tomboys, I guess. (Confusingly, tomboys are slang for lesbians in my country, but that's another conversation).

A sissy is a very specific kind of a very feminine guy. While there are many terms for feminine gay guys, the most commonly accepted of which is femme (as opposed to all the derogatory insults available, including pansy and sissy). Sissy, in fetish terms, usually refers to an originally straight guy who is forced/pressured/brainwashed into dressing up as a girl and taking on more feminine characteristics. This usually has elements of cuckolding and being forced to participate in gay sex as well, usually as the bottom.

If Taylor gets pregnant in his female body, it is technically indirect mpreg, but Mpreg enthusiasts (OF WHICH THERE ARE DOZENS OF US! DOZENS! AND ONCE WE FIND OUT HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER NOW THAT TUMBLR HAS GONE TO SHIT YOU WILL RUE THE DAY YOU CROSSED US!!!) wouldn't consider it to be true Mpreg. They usually consider a transman (aka male presenting, but with female genitalia) getting pregnant to be mpreg, as well as a masculine hermaphrodite getting pregnant as Mpreg, but the "ideal" mpreg is a masculine dude with male genitalia only getting pregnant, and having to give birth via his butt. (Or his dick, but even most mpreg fans think dickpregnancy/dickbirth to be too fucking weird for us. Kind of like how there are furries who are too weird even for the bigger furry community?)
The more you know~ :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: kaorok

BUsybat

Mar 4, 2018
So I posted a review of how amazing I find this game to be. Then again, anyone playing this game already knows that :ROFLMAO:
What I do feel like commenting is the greatest strength can be its weakness.

Crazy amount of different paths with different tags and ppl. But it also means if X update is only A, B , C path, ppl who enjoy D E F path will not get what they want. Its the standard Harem path vs NTR path where someone will lose out. Then again, its hard to please everyone with this so many paths. There is a voting system where Tango uses to decide on future paths but its somewhat leaned towards the higher patreon tiers . Dont get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with this system. Ppl just need to be more patient and more loving towards a very labour intensive game. Personally I am itching for Mitch dark content but also fairly curious about Mitch love content as there nothing to explore yet.

Also , while I enjoy the possibilities of the new spy routes, it does make it harder to provide reasonable content for every available path if new paths are added every now and then. A smarter way may be to start closing off a few paths gradually. But it also means ppl who loves those path may get X. Tough situation to be in.

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
So I posted a review of how amazing I find this game to be. Then again, anyone playing this game already knows that :ROFLMAO:
What I do feel like commenting is the greatest strength can be its weakness.

Crazy amount of different paths with different tags and ppl. But it also means if X update is only A, B , C path, ppl who enjoy D E F path will not get what they want. Its the standard Harem path vs NTR path where someone will lose out. Then again, its hard to please everyone with this so many paths. There is a voting system where Tango uses to decide on future paths but its somewhat leaned towards the higher patreon tiers . Dont get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with this system. Ppl just need to be more patient and more loving towards a very labour intensive game. Personally I am itching for Mitch dark content but also fairly curious about Mitch love content as there nothing to explore yet.

Also , while I enjoy the possibilities of the new spy routes, it does make it harder to provide reasonable content for every available path if new paths are added every now and then. A smarter way may be to start closing off a few paths gradually. But it also means ppl who loves those path may get X. Tough situation to be in.
Thanks for reviewing Transfigure, Busy Bat! Your kind words warm my soul.

I am aware of most of my shortcomings and have some plans in place to counter them. I won't be satisfied until the game is finished. Here is a development post that mentions some related info: . There is also some in the forum posts above, like May 19.

Most routes I add increase the amount I have to write by a large volume. Transfigure will be a million word project... which is really big, a multi decade undertaking for most authors. Knowing what I do now, I would have done things a bit differently but not by much. I have accepted I have a lot of writing to do, which is okay since I can usually convey through words ideas I cannot artistically represent. If I had to make custom artwork artwork for everything I would be on chapter 1.

To summarize recent posts, the game plan involves trying to preview and get all characters and routes to their first erotic scene. This is analogous to going "wide" vs "tall" at first (not my original strategy of core routes). I realized early on that character popularity wasn't tied to how good I thought the characters or stories were, but by how much content exists. All repeat polls have reconfirmed this. I made this change because of some of the issues you raise. If popularity is based on content then the only way to get a true feel on what people want to see developed is to give all the characters a fair shake, rather than only develop the popular ones in a self feeding loop. If update 1 is "Mitch route complete ending A" then I have a suspicion interest will drop in that line since it is "complete". I don't want to string people along, but I do want to generate as much interest as possible and create endings that are impactful and hot. I also included the spy content for similar reasons. I want to show off what I can do, preview all the main characters and branches and then let readers make an informed choice about what they want to see finished first. Otherwise it doesn't seem "fair." As another example, Louise is fucking cool but no likes her (presumably because there is no sex yet) so she never gets any votes even though the route I am developing feels good. The fairest way seems to be to let the generous pledgers vote, use the general audience for feedback, have a director pick a monthly scene, and to keep a bit of creative independence and keep doing my thing. I think this is a fair balance. I just want readers to be able to make an informed decision about my work and what they want to see going forward.

Another reason Transfigure has so many routes is I am a bit weird (but you all knew that already :p). If it was just one story I probably would have gotten bored a long time ago. Merging all these lines together makes something that I think is greater than the sum of its individual parts. This structural ADD keeps me (and some of you) interested in the project. Without a high level of creative freedom and excitement I think completing a high quality million word project would not be possible even if I was offered a million dollars. Dev burnout is very high for adult games, but I doubt I will fall into the same trap.

As for "closing off routes" the only way that will happen is by adding endings which is a process I hope to begin by the fall. Most of the offshoots and dead paths for minor choices exist for me (dev purposes) to help organize and create alt routes and variation (and to be able to find them within my giant Twine document). Transfigure will probably have at least a hundred endings but some of them will abruptly end some offshoots. I know the game looks like a pile of spaghetti sometimes but just wait until all the noodles are interconnected like a glorious brain made of pasta. Hmmm... I think it is snack time :p

Thanks to everyone who offers feedback and contributes - I really appreciate it!

<3 Tango

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Surely it's Mitch's route? Taylor is afraid it might happen in a lot of scenes.
Over the course of the various stories Taylor will lose his/her virginity and get pregnant more than once. I once planned only a couple pregnancy parts but now I have a lot more in development because readers frequently request it. I foresee there being ~5-10 of these by the time I am done. Possibly with expanded epilogue scenes if people want them.

4.30 star(s) 36 Votes