Abnur_tharn

Feb 10, 2019
I posted a new sizeable update on Patreon if anyone is interested in supporting the project. Will be public on the 21st.

Transfigure .51 Beta 23,700+ words

Training continues under the Zen Master’s guidance and Taylor engages in a salacious ritual. Little Taylor gets roped into a relationship with an older couple. The Cabin adventure continues. Taylor seeks out Sophie for the sake of the Bell family.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My favorite paths were Evan and Tim and the group stuff, Guess I gotta add the Two-friends to the list :p

Reactions: TangoTF

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Every time I think this game can't get any better you always end up surprising me. :love:
Thanks Tiffany! I am glad you are still discovering content that you enjoy. There are definitely some pretty unique encounters in the story and I aim to add a lot more. There is a lot of adult content out there but not much like Transfigure.

My favorite paths were Evan and Tim and the group stuff, Guess I gotta add the Two-friends to the list :p
Awesome! I hope it is a long list by the end.

Thanks for the comments!

Transfigure [v0.51 Beta] [TangoTF]

Original ALL Size: 1.75 GB
Compressed ALL Size: 739.0 MB

This compression is unofficial and may break the game.
Cool. I will DL this later and check the quality. I can shrink the game media size as some of the new additions are very high resolution but I feel like I want Transfigure to look as good as it can be so if I have high res I will include it. However a greater than 50% size reduction is huge especially across thousands of downloads. Users clearly appreciate it so thank you Ikarius!

Reactions: Abnur_tharn

Boejakka

Jul 22, 2017
I want to like it but I simply can't. There are just way too many dead paths in it. Instead of keeping to branch out the dev should actually finish those dead paths.

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I want to like it but I simply can't. There are just way too many dead paths in it. Instead of keeping to branch out the dev should actually finish those dead paths.
I intend to. My patrons choose the topics I work on. The game is also a beta which is by its nature incomplete. I've written about a hundred endings for it and I do my best with the limited resources I have. Complaining that the beta is incomplete is like going to a construction site of a half completed house and complaining the house sucks because it has no roof and isn't finished. The construction crew would be confused because they are following the blueprints and are ahead of schedule. If you dislike incomplete games I would recommend you don't play incomplete (alpha / beta) games or perhaps consider supporting the concepts you enjoy so that they can be completed faster.

Thanks for the feedback.

Boejakka

Jul 22, 2017
I intend to. My patrons choose the topics I work on. The game is also a beta which is by its nature incomplete. I've written about a hundred endings for it and I do my best with the limited resources I have. Complaining that the beta is incomplete is like going to a construction site of a half completed house and complaining the house sucks because it has no roof and isn't finished. The construction crew would be confused because they are following the blueprints and are ahead of schedule. If you dislike incomplete games I would recommend you don't play incomplete (alpha / beta) games or perhaps consider supporting the concepts you enjoy so that they can be completed faster.

Thanks for the feedback.
Then simply stop doing the requests for the time being. Saying it's beta is not an excuse. Tons of games show that and I don't mean only NSFW games. They simply branch out when it can and not when when followers want it. They don't know how long it takes for something to get added. You do.
If you want to go with the analogies then fine you have made a town but 75% of the houses misses a roof and windows making them unlivable. The towns council want you to add more houses and switch every week but you'll need 2 weeks to actually complete a set of houses. So one of the 4 houses is finished.
Oh yeah I know my way around game development and all I'm saying is the path you're currently walking will never end and will make the game only more incomplete as time goes on. And it shows since some of the paths I took are dead for more than 2 years. So it comes down to either keep taking the correct path or keep hitting walls. And Twine only allows a certain amount if backtracking until you can't and you are limited to knowing which save is where.
All I'm saying here is when you add a new character then keep on building on it and finish those paths and not switch halfway. Sure you have more than a 100 endings I trust you did and is impressive, but there are like what 500 paths now?

I wish you all the luck in making this though and it's just the opinion of one person I give you here. Like I said I do want to like it since the writing is there.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Boejakka, you have to realize that it is the patrons who finance the game, and, since they seem to want TTF to zig and zag a bit in telling the stories, zig and zag he will because their preferences are the ones he/she is going to listen to. In fact, some of them seem to commission various story arcs, and the Golden Rule says that the one with the gold makes the rules.

It's frustrating for me, as well, since TTF's patrons don't want him to work on the arcs I am most interested in (like the spy agency), but that's the price I pay for not patronizing the game. I have to be satisfied with what I do get (and for free, to boot). That seems fair.

MinkoSvk

Sep 1, 2020
Good game , nice written, but sometimes i get tangled and it could be more reader friendl. Only negative thing is that after finding some end i have in reached ends only that one. Other dissapear. Last question. Are there already 100 ends or will they be added ?

Abnur_tharn

Feb 10, 2019
Good game , nice written, but sometimes i get tangled and it could be more reader friendl. Only negative thing is that after finding some end i have in reached ends only that one. Other dissapear. Last question. Are there already 100 ends or will they be added ?
the game is still in development. There's Plans to add 100 endings but they're not in the game yet.

Reactions: MinkoSvk

Atourq

Nov 21, 2017
Boejakka, you have to realize that it is the patrons who finance the game, and, since they seem to want TTF to zig and zag a bit in telling the stories, zig and zag he will because their preferences are the ones he/she is going to listen to. In fact, some of them seem to commission various story arcs, and the Golden Rule says that the one with the gold makes the rules.

It's frustrating for me, as well, since TTF's patrons don't want him to work on the arcs I am most interested in (like the spy agency), but that's the price I pay for not patronizing the game. I have to be satisfied with what I do get (and for free, to boot). That seems fair.
I don't think Boejakka is wrong tho. He has a point and it is good advice for TangoTF to consider. It is always good to listen to the "customer" (in this case the Patreon supporters) input as they are paying you to develop the game. But, as a developer you still need to have a clear end goal and path you want / need to reach or you risk leaving multiple things incomplete. So it can be a difficult balancing act of whether you should follow your own internal path or the whims of your "customers".

Edited for brevity.

Last edited:

steffepeffe

Jul 11, 2019
Thinking about maybe supporting on patreon how many months ahead is the patreon version? Also any eta on the free version?

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
New Patreon Release is out for Patrons of Tango Fiction with two new endings!

Transfigure .52

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thinking about maybe supporting on patreon how many months ahead is the patreon version? Also any eta on the free version?
Thanks for your consideration. The Patreon version is one large update ahead, or approximately 2 months. Generally I release it for free after about 3 weeks or whenever the next release is finished. The next Patreon release is probably 3 weeks out but I am trying to finish it as quickly as I can.

I don't think Boejakka is wrong tho. He has a point and it is good advice for TangoTF to consider. It is always good to listen to the "customer" (in this case the Patreon supporters) input as they are paying you to develop the game. But, as a developer you still need to have a clear end goal and path you want / need to reach or you risk leaving multiple things incomplete. So it can be a difficult balancing act of whether you should follow your own internal path or the whims of your "customers".
I don't think he is wrong either. I just think you guys may have slightly unrealistic expectations for a 1 man dev team creating one of the most ambitious projects ever with very limited resources. I spent six months in pre-production before I even released a demo and I have very detailed plans and outlines for how to proceed and complete the project. I have done my best to balance my own creative vision with that of my supporters and the practical suggestions made by those with more expertise in certain fields like coding. I've also responded to many critics and incorporated their ideas when/if I think they are prudent. However, the most common critique I get these days is essentially "your incomplete beta game is incomplete. It would be better if it was complete," and I don't find that particularly insightful or helpful.

Good game , nice written, but sometimes i get tangled and it could be more reader friendl. Only negative thing is that after finding some end i have in reached ends only that one. Other dissapear.
The save system functions on a single save game file meaning if you restart or swap saves it may have different ending data. It is intended for a user to have a "main" game that they then keep playing after finding an end (quickjump can be used) so that all the ends are found on one save. If you reload an earlier save from before those endings were reached, it is not logged. If you hard restart the game (instead of navigating to "main menu") it clears all variables including ending data, that's why there is a "main menu" button. It's not a great system compared to Ren Py but it works.

Can you provide walkthrough for each case?????
One day, yes. In the near future, no. There is an incomplete walkthrough I started on the TFGS site if anyone ever wants to pick it up before I get back to it. If you request some hints for a specific path, either myself or another user can probably help you out. There is an ending list in the newest version. Many paths have a lot of content but do not contain a complete ending (yet).

Then simply stop doing the requests for the time being. Saying it's beta is not an excuse. Tons of games show that and I don't mean only NSFW games. They simply branch out when it can and not when when followers want it. They don't know how long it takes for something to get added. You do.
If you want to go with the analogies then fine you have made a town but 75% of the houses misses a roof and windows making them unlivable. The towns council want you to add more houses and switch every week but you'll need 2 weeks to actually complete a set of houses. So one of the 4 houses is finished.
Oh yeah I know my way around game development and all I'm saying is the path you're currently walking will never end and will make the game only more incomplete as time goes on. And it shows since some of the paths I took are dead for more than 2 years. So it comes down to either keep taking the correct path or keep hitting walls. And Twine only allows a certain amount if backtracking until you can't and you are limited to knowing which save is where.
All I'm saying here is when you add a new character then keep on building on it and finish those paths and not switch halfway. Sure you have more than a 100 endings I trust you did and is impressive, but there are like what 500 paths now?
My time estimates have not been accurate lately, especially as the dev processes becomes more complicated and has more steps.

Transfigure started as a concept, then became a demo, then grew into an alpha. Once most of the features I wanted were in game it became a beta on it's way to 1.00 (gold / release). A concept isn't a finished game, nor is a demo, alpha, or beta. They imply it is incomplete. It's not an excuse, just an accurate descriptor. Zero percent of beta games are finished regardless of genre and I've played hundreds. Generally beta games contain an average of zero endings (they are saved for paying customers and release so as not to spoil later content), whereas mine has like two dozen on its way to 100+. I am purposely leaving the ends with the most spoilers until last and am taking an unconventional but measured development path.

There are about 30 main content areas and each has multiple endings so that's ~70-80. There's probably 300-400 paths but about a quarter are cosmetic and a quarter will redirect into other areas with a unique but short segue. As I've expanded the scope of the project there are some blank areas but I will fill them in with free writing and bonus endings as one of the last steps.

Damn. I was hoping for a good lesbian route. If there was one, it wasn't obvious.
I just did a big Julie update for .52. There is also F-F content for Sam, Rhea, Louise, Victoria, and some tidbits like Marg, Bloom and other random females. Accessing content is opaque by design, meant to mirror the path of a real life. Sometimes you turn right and you might meet the love of your life, other times you might get hit by a bus or meet someone with the potential to ruin or enrich your life. If you want some direction to a specific area just ask. Many of the lesbian routes are found on paths with males where you turn down their advances.

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes