LarryButz

Mar 19, 2019
That's it? :p More booty will get pillaged eventually! I'm also starting to think a good pirate themed adult game might be an interesting idea.
Honestly yes. That has been one of, if not my favorite scene in the game. A story between the pirate and Taylor, at least a short one has always been interesting to me. Or what was the outcome after it, her/his relationship with Evan, if the pirate knocks her up, if they still have sex, if he blackmails her, does Evan catch them in the act, If they see each other again, etc. There's a lot of possibilities

Reactions: TangoTF

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
In addition to the remaining paths there may be epilogue scenes added if enough patrons vote for it. There are still a lot of paths open early on but not all of them lead to romantic or sexual outcomes.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is your progress dictated by the patrons' whims?

Anyway, does this game have other similar route like Ryan theme-wise, as in Taylor makes another person cheats on their partner and becomes their secret lover kind of path?

Reactions: TangoTF

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is your progress dictated by the patrons' whims?

Anyway, does this game have other similar route like Ryan theme-wise, as in Taylor makes another person cheats on their partner and becomes their secret lover kind of path?
At this point in production my total monthly hours are determined by my donation income. I decided a while back I can't produce at full time professional rates for way less money than I earned part time when I was a teenager. The internet seems to have bizarre expectations for my project and often compares me to creators with many, many, many times the amount of funding I have. If I had that level of funding the game would already be done and it would have awesome art. I appreciate that readers have come to expect such high levels of quality and productivity from me but it wasn't sustainable at $4-500 a month. The only way I would be able to do this is if I skipped rent and food.

I gradually increased my wage from cents per hour to a bit over minimum wage and that caused a noticeable drop in release frequency which lowered the donations which then slowed and capped the hours in kind of self-limiting cycle. I admit it is demoralizing given the years of effort I've put into this. Most creators just quit or go into hobbyist mode but I'm far too stubborn for that.

Most of the project is me following my creative whims but I do let $5 patrons who contribute a large % of the project funding have a say in development. I have not been able to finish all of the requests lately because an average request takes 20-40 hours and I may only have that same 40 across the entire project in a month including writing, editing, community management, coding, play testing, systems, image hunting and editing etc This has led to me basically half finishing and then setting aside an update every month to chase the next priority. So I have around a dozen patron updates that are 60-90% finished but I will probably have to wait for the winter when I can donate more free hours to the project in order to finish them.

There are a lot of routes in the game that have overlapping or blended themes. If you're open minded, you just go through it, make decisions, and experience the results. This is the best way because it's obvious a lot of readers discover new fetishes or kinks they didn't even know existed. If you go into the game with the mindset I only want to see __, you're going to miss 90%+ of what's on offer and almost assuredly something that will catch your interest.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Samuel Hidayat

ramam

Dec 8, 2018
Trying to find a model from this game but no luck

When Taylor gives into the green potion and has sex with Damian, there’s a video from amateurcreampies but I can’t seem to find a name for her on the site (or I’m just missing it). Anyone happen to know who she is or at least which video on that site?

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Trying to find a model from this game but no luck

When Taylor gives into the green potion and has sex with Damian, there’s a video from amateurcreampies but I can’t seem to find a name for her on the site (or I’m just missing it). Anyone happen to know who she is or at least which video on that site?
First post after four years! The model is Kasey Chase.

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Thank you! Found your game on mopoga and have been enjoying it so far!
Thanks.

Mopoga? Doesn't sound familiar but I will check it out.

At some point I do need to figure out a more viable way to do some releases. I want as much readership as possible but it isn't really fair some of these sites rack up millions of views with lots of ads, keep 100% of the revenue etc. However mopoga and other hosts appear to be ad free and I'd prefer it that way so I can't really host the game with ads directly since I am competing with myself and Transfigure has grown with a lot of high def media so the hosting costs are quite significant especially multiplied by many thousands of players.

Edit: they do actually have ads but they are pretty modest compared to gamcore and other sites.

Some of the comments were kind of amusing as expected:

"It's very good I cannot lie but you need to make it lonher and I respect that you need time but you gon need to hurry up I gave you a whole month to finish this because I like it a lot."

Okie dokie. Thanks for giving me a month to finish this million word project :)

" The maker of this is 100% an incel. "

lol

" This game is like yandere simulator never going to be finished "

"This has so much potential if it’d have more commitment to releasing content on even a semi regular basis."

" Ah,finally an update after 2 billion years too bad I lost intrest now "

4+ years of work, 3 years with many dozens of regular updates to prove myself and get a tiny part time following, more HQ content than the vast majority of other games and even novel series with full budgets, a unique multi branching story on its way to a hundred endings, all done on an absolute shoestring budget at well below poverty wages. I guess I just need to work harder.

Last edited:

ramam

Dec 8, 2018
Thanks.

Mopoga? Doesn't sound familiar but I will check it out.

At some point I do need to figure out a more viable way to do some releases. I want as much readership as possible but it isn't really fair some of these sites rack up millions of views with lots of ads, keep 100% of the revenue etc. However mopoga and other hosts appear to be ad free and I'd prefer it that way so I can't really host the game with ads directly since I am competing with myself and Transfigure has grown with a lot of high def media so the hosting costs are quite significant especially multiplied by many thousands of players.

Edit: they do actually have ads but they are pretty modest compared to gamcore and other sites.

Some of the comments were kind of amusing as expected:

"It's very good I cannot lie but you need to make it lonher and I respect that you need time but you gon need to hurry up I gave you a whole month to finish this because I like it a lot."

Okie dokie. Thanks for giving me a month to finish this million word project :)

" The maker of this is 100% an incel. "

lol

" This game is like yandere simulator never going to be finished "

"This has so much potential if it’d have more commitment to releasing content on even a semi regular basis."

" Ah,finally an update after 2 billion years too bad I lost intrest now "

4+ years of work, 3 years with many dozens of regular updates to prove myself and get a tiny part time following, more HQ content than the vast majority of other games and even novel series with full budgets, a unique multi branching story on its way to a hundred endings, all done on an absolute shoestring budget at well below poverty wages. I guess I just need to work harder.

Yeah, I think F95 is the best place by far for discussing games or for developers to get feedback. Mopoga hosts games optimized for mobile devices so I use that when I’m away from my desktop. Comments are absolute garbage though

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Yeah, I think F95 is the best place by far for discussing games or for developers to get feedback. Mopoga hosts games optimized for mobile devices so I use that when I’m away from my desktop. Comments are absolute garbage though
Most of the comments and reviews are positive especially if you subtract the silly ones. I feel like most people are generally honest so I don't mind getting feedback especially if it helps improve the project. But all the complaints and variations of "game would be better if finished" do get pretty old. I don't even really view that as valid criticism since it applies to all in development games that have ever existed and it provides no constructive feedback whatsoever. Every incomplete game no matter how terrible would be at least slightly better if they were finished. Transfigure is going to be way better in another year or two. I will salute every person that tracks down all 100+ endings when they are finished.

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
If you don't mind me asking, what are these renders for?
I was going to keep posting art until someone asked :)

September 7th Patron Dev Blog (warning: private post contains lewd images)

Hello Tango Fictioneers!

My goal is to have another update out relatively soon but I thought I would show off some 3d art experiments in the meantime. The initial images took a crazy amount of time to render but I think they turned out pretty well. I like braided Taylor too, she gives me a kind of a Lara Croft vibe. She'll definitely curse at you while kicking your ass!

I put a few days into sorting through free 3d assets and making a list of character analogs and props I need to recreate as much of the game world as possible. It's been a background concept project for a long time. Luckily Sangriart made a good base model for Taylor /Caprice so I finally had a place to start. I am trying to get access to a rendering service so that I can avoid a more expensive PC upgrade and spend more on assets. If you notice tiny little dots on the renders that's because the rendering is really hard on my PC and I am trying to strike a balance between quality and time. There are a couple free render services open to small developers so that's cool and hopefully I can take advantage of them. I have a long way to go in terms of skill and library assets but I'm excited how this will develop!

I guess the obvious question is what I am going to do with these renders? For starters, I am going to try to make a basic comic strip to post on to cross promote the game as well create as some promotional materials (ie posters) and really basic shit like a title page that I still don't have. I think it will help fill in some dead time because I hate making empty status posts. At least if I can fiddle around and make a few renders that's an excuse to post something.

The plan is to finish Transfigure with it's current real life media format so that's unchanged. For now I am just trying to learn more about how to make better art and accumulate more assets until I can afford some better hardware and character models made by really good artists.

I always felt like art has held back my project compared to others that were more visually focused. But art has also been a sticking point that I wasn't confident I could accomplish on my own. As Transfigure has grown so would the cost of illustrating such a massive story. Even though there are a lot of great artists out there that I know would like to chip in, it's hard to ask them without offering a very large sum of money that's worth their time. The number of assets needed for such a huge project would probably rack up an art bill in the 6 figures to get custom hand drawn artwork done for it all. So obviously that's out of reach. After a lot of consideration and research, I've found that the 3d method is the cheapest and easiest path going forward that will allow me to create a proper good looking visual novel (by myself) and cash in on some of that sweet-sweet steam money so I can afford a pair of pants in a couple years. Once the base game is finished converting it to a more standard visual novel should be pretty simple. I hope one successful project will lead to the creation of several more.

Please let me know what you think about the new artwork. Is this something you'd like to see more of? Or do you strongly prefer a real life or anime art direction?

Thanks for reading!

P.S. Next month's art budget is getting spent exclusively on hummingbirds.

4.30 star(s) 36 Votes