RPGM [Translation Request] (dHR-ken) Paize Knightess Ellen and the Dungeon Town of Sodom // ペイズの騎士エレンとダンジョンの街ソドム

ENKQ

Jul 14, 2020

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
I don't think anyone sane would consider MTL as a project's translation being done...

So of course it makes sense to keep boosting a translation request in the hope that the project gets a proper translation eventually.

Reactions: Datbel

Spermasahne

Apr 7, 2021
I don't think anyone sane would consider MTL as a project's translation being done...

So of course it makes sense to keep boosting a translation request in the hope that the project gets a proper translation eventually.
Not gonna happen for 95% of all the games, because it tooks effort and time, much much time. So people should be kinda happy with a edited MTL.

• Sad
Reactions: Mr. Coatl

jjslowd

May 3, 2021
Mate, most of us aren't spitting on the much kindly offered game + translation, we're just trying to bring attention to someone who has the kill, time and desire to do a manual translation.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Thank you for defending my translation.
Spermasahne is a friend of mine and he's just trying to be supportive, in his somewhat aggressive way.

I think I should explain what basically went down here and how it stands.

I started working on this 7 months ago when my English still wasn't developed very much. I am not a native English speaker and I do not live in an English speaking country. I just really liked this game and couldn't understand why an actually good game wasn't getting a western release, or much attention at all.
At first this was just a very basic Google-Translate MTL and I had no idea what I was doing, but because I cared so much about this game (besides Noelle), that it kept me motivated to learn more about RPGmaker engines, to improve my English, and bit by bit I started to make the machine translation more complete. I also added more and more manual translations, but of course the grammar never came close to proper English.
Then October last year I finally managed to understand how to edit the remaining Japanese text (in an overly complicated way using Notepad++, because I didn't even own the official editor) and I was really proud of that. I was never taught any of this, I literally learned by trial and error.
Only then for the first post to be an upvoted "Nope to the MTL, I would appreciate a true translation please. +1".

I have to admit I didn't take that particularly well. I knew that my English wasn't very good and I expected people to ask me to improve it, as well as to manually translate the still raw MTL parts, but I didn't really expect the outright dismissal of my efforts entirely.

Since then I have not made any attempts to manually translate a game again and now having so many other projects with my established DMTL format (over 180 actually), I don't really see myself revisiting this game and trying again.

Maybe people are simply right and this should be done by a proper translator, if at all.
If someone would want to take on this project I will happily provide everything I saved concerning this game, like initial trans files when is was still using Translator++.
Although I doubt a proper translator would actually need any of that.

I want to clarify that this is not in anyway meant to attack xellos49698 or Iexist, they most likely did not mean it that way. Back then I just chose to understand it that way. No hard feelings.

happy.png

jjslowd

May 3, 2021
Your work is much appreciated! In fact, you're even the first translator I followed since creating an account here. I did also find that "nope" comment very rude, and I just wanted to try and calm Spermasahne down a bit, because the core, he's right. Thanks for what you do!

xellos49698

Nov 4, 2017
Shisaye, my 'nope' to MTL translation was not meant to upset you, I apologize. It was only my hope that there would be an official translation done somewhere down the road or maybe a translation done by someone who understands English and not just copying words from Google translate into the game.

The experiences I have had with MTL translation for Hentai games is they are normally very hard to understand or sometimes even change the meaning behind what is really happening in the game.

I actually delete one of the H games I owned because someone did an MTL translation, which made the Heroine and her boyfriend brother and sister. (which I'm not into insest)

Later, and official translation came out, which clarified they were close like sibling, but not related by blood. It still ruined the game for me, hence why I am so against MTL google style translation; especially when someone is using google translate to create an 'english' copy.

I hope this clarify's my stance of English translations for H games, and why I was still asking for a 'true translation please.'

lena02

May 21, 2021
I
Here's an updated edited MTL for "Paize Knightess Ellen and the Dungeon Town of Sodom v1.10.

Correct Japanese version can be found here: https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...zuno-erentodanjonno-sodomu.86325/post-6071545

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would also increase the speed of the fixing process.

Added my Full-save.

Installation:
Just extract into your main game folder so it merges with the "www" folder.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I can't download it for the translation mtl
Why?

Leo_00

Feb 20, 2021
Updated to v1.10

I bought it for you guys, so you can translate it or do some MTL if you want.

DOWNLOAD (v1.10) @ MEGA:

Open with WinRAR and use Options -> "Language something" -> "Japanese" and then extract and it should run fine...
(sorry, english is not my motherlanguage!)
i don't find the settings in winrar