Others Complete [Translation Request]Kashidashi Tsuma, Marina no "Netorase" Houkoku 2 Case. Moto AV Dan'yuu & Binkan Tsuma

Jun 26, 2018
UPDATE:

100% Kenji
100% Marina
100% Nakamura

Now on editing phase
Capu2 have you thought to translate the text shown only in the CG graphics during Marina's adult viddeo interview that Kenji watches?

If you recall two difference windows are used to show text during that early scene, one is the main game where Kenji's thoughts are displayed (like normal) but Marina's spoken dialog/interview answers are actually shown directly on the CG. Meaning you'd need to physically alter the CG for those scenes and replace the japanese text in the graphics with english.

If you don't do this than players who don't speak japanese or read it, will have no idea what she's saying during the interview.

Now that said, I haven't played Marina 2 in a long time and I speak japanese so maybe I'm just imagining her interview is closed captioned in the game cg and I translated in my head, but I DO recall what she says during her interview is definitely not in the normal text window but spoken (and I'm 90% sure shown in the CG as close captioning)

So you might have some translating left to do if you haven't looked at that or if its only spoken add your own close captioning to those CG.

Last edited:

Wireframe

Jul 4, 2018
Capu2 have you thought to translate the text shown only in the CG graphics during Marina's adult viddeo interview that Kenji watches?

If you recall two difference windows are used to show text during that early scene, one is the main game where Kenji's thoughts are displayed (like normal) but Marina's spoken dialog/interview answers are actually shown directly on the CG. Meaning you'd need to physically alter the CG for those scenes and replace the japanese text in the graphics with english.

If you don't do this than players who don't speak japanese or read it, will have no idea what she's saying during the interview.

Now that said, I haven't played Marina 2 in a long time and I speak japanese so maybe I'm just imagining her interview is closed captioned in the game cg and I translated in my head, but I DO recall what she says during her interview is definitely not in the normal text window but spoken (and I'm 90% sure shown in the CG as close captioning)

So you might have some translating left to do if you haven't looked at that or if its only spoken add your own close captioning to those CG.
all will be revealed....in time...lol
I'm still editing some CGs because the lines are attached to them...
Sounds like he's aware?

Reactions: blader_1336
Jun 26, 2018
Sounds like he's aware?
Ah I missed that post.

On a different note I'm kinda surprised how many people HAVEN'T played this game using some form of machine translation, mostly because I figured that the majority of english speaking eroge gamers are used to using them now.

Although I guess as hentai has exploded into the mainstream, there is a lot of players who have no idea how to do that and only play english translated games and YES I know, oh how I know how bad machine translations can be but overall they get the point across so you can get a general understanding.

I literally learned japanese from playing games since early 2000's when i was a teen, took some extra lessons to fill in the blanks and it was actually machine translations that forced me to learn better since I'd be like...that makes no sense and I'd go learn what was actually being said.

I still have lots to learn, but I honestly couldn't imagine not playing eroge without machine translations before I got to the point that I can understand most of it now without them.

Wireframe

Jul 4, 2018
I started Marina 2 using VNR (and then later text extractor), but it's just not the same (I stopped around the video scene). I'd rather play it properly translated - especially as it's considered like the crowning achievement of AS to date. I'm learning Japanese atm, but I've got a long way to go. I know the kana and around a hundred or so kanji. I'm reading text books for grammar and anki drills for kanji, but I'm probably at a point now where lessons will motivate me more.

julayi

Apr 22, 2020
On a different note I'm kinda surprised how many people HAVEN'T played this game using some form of machine translation, mostly because I figured that the majority of english speaking eroge gamers are used to using them now.

Although I guess as hentai has exploded into the mainstream, there is a lot of players who have no idea how to do that and only play english translated games and YES I know, oh how I know how bad machine translations can be but overall they get the point across so you can get a general understanding.
Until recently, I tried to stay away from playing games with textractor cause I'd rather just wait for it to be translated and play another game in the meantime. But with the quality of the Deepl mtl, I'm considering doing that.

Jun 26, 2018
Until recently, I tried to stay away from playing games with textractor cause I'd rather just wait for it to be translated and play another game in the meantime. But with the quality of the Deepl mtl, I'm considering doing that.
Well considering nearly 10-30 eroge games are released per month in Japan equalling literally thousands of titles and only maybe 1% of them ever see translation - I think waiting just isn't an option as you miss so many great games.

In regards to machine translations sometimes its not just the machine translation thats bad - but the writing itself. We tend to assume that "ooh that didn't make sense because its a bad translation, but as I became more profient with japanese I can tell you some games simply have bad writers. Japanese is just like any other language in that sense.

As for learning japanese, you'll find a lot of subject context is often the same in eroge games. The words similar, ect. Its better to learn what is most commonly used (kana) and the overall structure of the language, with the rest to come naturally in my experience with common words, ect.

Also keep in mind much of Japanese translation is localized, word for word translation doesn't always work and how one person translates something is very different than say another - for example they went with Marina Cuckold Reports at manga gamer - although thats far from the correct literal translation (which is more like sharing or wife loaning reports but even that loses something in literal translation since its meant to imply something really wrong or taboo vs cuckolding which is more a wester fetish word thats well accepted)

Last edited:

capu2

May 15, 2018

I already photoshopped it.

True, the lines are in the CG in Kenji’s view.

But in Marina’s View, the same interview is present while using a dialogue box

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
I started Marina 2 using VNR (and then later text extractor), but it's just not the same (I stopped around the video scene). I'd rather play it properly translated - especially as it's considered like the crowning achievement of AS to date. I'm learning Japanese atm, but I've got a long way to go. I know the kana and around a hundred or so kanji. I'm reading text books for grammar and anki drills for kanji, but I'm probably at a point now where lessons will motivate me more.
I hope that you learned and mastered it and then you translate all AS games :)

Drazy

Dec 23, 2019
Im excited, but affraid if that will be last of best ntr games (with male prot)
Marina, Mayumi, Risaki and Bang my wife series. Adventures couple also, but dont know nothing like this anymore.
Probably some rpgm exists, but gameplay kills me, especially if you need to grind or doing monotonous things like bathroom/lunch.

Reactions: Kame-Sennin

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
Im excited, but affraid if that will be last of best ntr games (with male prot)
Marina, Mayumi, Risaki and Bang my wife series. Adventures couple also, but dont know nothing like this anymore.
Probably some rpgm exists, but gameplay kills me, especially if you need to grind or doing monotonous things like bathroom/lunch.
Actually no, there is a new release of Atelier Sakura, the heroine looks like Mayumi that they are like twins however we will have to wait for a hero like capu2 to translate it