RPGM [Translation Request] [Noelle Will Give Her All!] [RJ324709] [apricokobo]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
There was a translation for the first version on ulmf using deepl and it was way better than google translation ! If you do it it ll be great !!
I was honestly about to give up because DeepL still seems very broken and horrible to work with, but you seemed so excited by the idea that I at least wanted to deliver "something".

https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...er-all-rj324709-apricokobo.85898/post-6042080

In this first prototype "noelle v1.21 DeepLProt 0.1.zip" I replaced about 40% of the google translations with DeepL.
Why only 40%? Because if you try to use the api for batchtranslation over half of the result is either still Japanese, in the wrong line or has duplicated lines. Characters are suddenly repeating the same shit 4 times or their text is off screen. Also it broke tons of command and event lines. So for now I just focussed on making the game launch again removing everything obviously broken.

Even this 40% is not properly tested yet. If someone wants a stable coherent experience they need to stick to the main branch without DeepL.

Edit: I'm making steady progress towards a less shit DeepL version but because of the character names reverting to Japanese every single time I take on a new section it doesn't really make sense to provide little updates so I'm going to wait with uploading until I have something substantial to show.

Edit2: Added over 10000 new translations already (this game has a ton of text) but it's still very inconsistent. things are getting repeated or translated differently. People have different names suddenly or things like nasty degree, being called lewdness, or estrus or hornyness.

Last edited:

anonsuit

Nov 24, 2019
anyone knows if the naked semmen dripping scene is bugged or something I have been walking around town and it just does not seem to trigger

also just wondering if there is any scene after getting the sisters pregnant. i have all the bars at 100 percent and i cant fin the ending triggers besides the exibition one.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Reached the next big milestone on the DeepL remake. Now in DeepLProt 0.8 Re-translated about 93% of text with DeepL.
https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...er-all-rj324709-apricokobo.85898/post-6042080

That was the most annoying part, but before it's superior to the google branch I still need to:
-Manually review the text to fill in character names and colored text
-Fix attribute consistency (So Fatigue is always Fatigue, Nasty Degree is always Nasty Degree, etc.)
-Make UI improvements
-Fix Quest translations
-Debug/Playtest

Last edited:

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
Reached the next big milestone on the DeepL remake. Now in DeepLProt 0.8 Re-translated about 93% of text with DeepL.

That was the most annoying part, but before it's superior to the google branch I still need to:
-Manually review the text to fill in character names and colored text
-Fix attribute consistency (So Fatigue is always Fatigue, Nasty Degree is always Nasty Degree, etc.)
-Make UI improvements
-Fix Quest translations
-Debug/Playtest
The Hybrid approach you used with Demon's Party of DeepL/Google/Manual gave excellent results; I meant to complement you on that one. You keep getting better; good work!

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Finished all text based translations in DeepLProt0.9 now.

Next version will be the final one merging the Google and the DeepL version together.

The only things left to do now are:

-Updating the picture based translations
-Trying to fix the overlapping UI top left, but that most likely will stay this way, because not everyone wants to use the same font (and if I make it fit the condensed font it will break on all other fonts)
-Debug/Play-testing
-Finally manually fixing the missing Rin quest dialog (I have to do this last because it prevents me from using translator++ again afterwards)

Edit: Fixed some critical stuff in 0.91 so it's actually playable for now.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I'm in a bit of a weird spot now.
I'm overall not happy with my translation. I want to get rid of the repeating text. I want to get rid of the he/she swapping, the inconsistencies in some lines. I want to make the maps look less like a 5 second job in paint.
But...
Before I even started this project I knew someone on ULMF wanted to work on a proper translation. But as with all ULMF projects you have no idea how long it would take and no idea if it would ever be finished at all.

So I made a shitty MTL anyway, with no plans of ever really improving it, just as a bridge until the proper translation is done or as a project fail-safe should the proper translation be abandoned.
Then without that being planned because of all the updates and the massive interest of people, I've been working on this for over 3 months now and I've gotten kinda attached to it.

But it really seems like the proper translation is going to finish (He's already on the post debt repayment content), making my project obsolete and so me continuing to work on this is pretty pointless.

I mean that's obviously good, we're getting a proper translation and I don't have to work.

Just, I dunno. Feels ...feelz.

I may or may not be drunk writing this.

derp

i dunno.gif

Reactions: Rize

cIoseopenbrutal

Apr 2, 2021
I'm in a bit of a weird spot now.
I'm overall not happy with my translation. I want to get rid of the repeating text. I want to get rid of the he/she swapping, the inconsistencies in some lines. I want to make the maps look less like a 5 second job in paint.
But...
Before I even started this project I knew someone on ULMF wanted to work on a proper translation. But as with all ULMF projects you have no idea how long it would take and no idea if it would ever be finished at all.

So I made a shitty MTL anyway, with no plans of ever really improving it, just as a bridge until the proper translation is done or as a project fail-safe should the proper translation be abandoned.
Then without that being planned because of all the updates and the massive interest of people, I've been working on this for over 3 months now and I've gotten kinda attached to it.

But it really seems like the proper translation is going to finish (He's already on the post debt repayment content), making my project obsolete and so me continuing to work on this is pretty pointless.

I mean that's obviously good, we're getting a proper translation and I don't have to work.

Just, I dunno. Feels ...feelz.

I may or may not be drunk writing this.

derp

View attachment 1440725
If you think you can do a more polished translation of the game , I think you should go for it . But if you think the ulmf and yours are pretty much the same , I'd say, go for it. If you think there work is better than yours , I'd say , continue on.

In a way, It could be a good translation practice regardless of the outcome.

It's really up to you. You can tackle other projects , if you feel like this one is a waste of time or you can challenge yourself . Whatever you choose , I'll support you in that descision. Anyway, I hope you're doing good man.

Reactions: Rize

tentakuru

Sep 20, 2018
Hi Shisaye ,

I'm tentakuru over at ULMF. I'm the one working on the translation of this game too. It's been interesting following your efforts, and more than once I've been inspired to commit a few more hours to the project after seeing the progress you've made. HGame translations are often passion projects, as they can take a long time even when it's mostly machine-translated, and most translators do this work in their spare time with no compensation other than the (greatly appreciated) thanks from the community.

I've done a few games now, so I understand what it's like to get attached to your work. I would like to encourage you to continue working on your translation, because there's room in this world for both projects to exist. I'm glad your translation exists, if for no other reason than I've been able to work without being constantly badgered by others asking me when mine will be done! ;) I still have a lot to work to do, and your translation offers those who would rather not wait something they can actually play now.

I hope you decide to continue, and good luck with your work!

-tk

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Alright.
I guess i should at least fix the annoying dialogue repeating caused by DeepL, to make this version a bit less jarring to use in the meantime.

Reactions: cIoseopenbrutal

Oppailance

Feb 26, 2018
Thank you for all your effort Shisaye. I'm about to start on Noelle, and it's great that the game has been lovingly cared for :)

Oppailance

Feb 26, 2018
For anyone who has been having problems with extracting the game correctly due to the Japanese encodings:
  1. Make sure you have downloaded Noelle 1.04 from here: https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...rj324709-apricokobo.85898/page-6#post-6060615
  2. Install 7zip x86 - FOR THIS APPROACH IT MUST BE THE x86 VERSION -
    View attachment 1272569

3. Download Locale Emulator: (zip file, extract somewhere like your home folder, you gotta keep it)
  4. Run LEInstaller.exe, choose "Install for current user"
  5. Navigate to where you installed 7zip. This is probably C:\Program Files (x86)\7-Zip
  6. Right-click 7zFM.exe, choose Locale Emulator > Run in Japanese
  7. Download the 1.64 MTL: https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...rj324709-apricokobo.85898/page-5#post-6042080
  8. --In 7z--, navigate to where you downloaded Noelle 1.04
  9. Right-click the .zip and choose the first option to open a submenu, and then the 4th option down (it is Extract here, in EN)
    View attachment 1272571

10. --In 7z--, navigate to where you downloaded the 1.64 MTL
  11. Right-click the .zip and choose the first option to open a submenu, and then the 4th option down (it is Extract here, in EN)
  12. Back in regular Windows file explorer, drag the www folder that is extracted into the JP folder extracted in step 9
  13. Go in that JP folder
  14. Drag www one more level deep in the JP folder that is there
  15. Choose "Replace the files in the destination" in the dialog(s) that appear
  16. ???
  17. Profit
I made it work by extracting with WinRAR. When the archive is open in WinRAR, go to options and "Name encoding", then pick Japanese.
Now the archive will extract correctly with filenames intact, without having Japanese locale. You probably still need Japanese font support though.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hi Shisaye ,

I'm tentakuru over at ULMF. I'm the one working on the translation of this game too. It's been interesting following your efforts, and more than once I've been inspired to commit a few more hours to the project after seeing the progress you've made. HGame translations are often passion projects, as they can take a long time even when it's mostly machine-translated, and most translators do this work in their spare time with no compensation other than the (greatly appreciated) thanks from the community.

I've done a few games now, so I understand what it's like to get attached to your work. I would like to encourage you to continue working on your translation, because there's room in this world for both projects to exist. I'm glad your translation exists, if for no other reason than I've been able to work without being constantly badgered by others asking me when mine will be done! ;) I still have a lot to work to do, and your translation offers those who would rather not wait something they can actually play now.

I hope you decide to continue, and good luck with your work!

-tk
I guess you are in the same boat now.
1498513_IMG_20211031_141008.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: VidyaNoz

NEWPLo

Feb 24, 2022
Can someone explain what fatigue means.everytime it’s over 100 my screen freezes and how do I stop it

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote