RPGM [Translation Request] [Noelle Will Give Her All!] [RJ324709] [apricokobo]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

robthewhm

Jul 16, 2018
Word wrap in translated RPGmaker games is a nightmare. Do you have a screen resolution higher than 1080, because I suspect that may be why more people don't complain about it.

Anyway, a decent but not perfect solution is to change the font. Find big-shoulders-display-v4-latin-regular.tff somewhere and put it in the games font folder. Then change gamefonts.css to point to that instead of the default and you should only have really long lines running off screen.
I do have a higher resolution monitor, yeah. Thank you for the tip to try! I really appreciate it.

Edit: This totally worked thank you so much for explaining how to change that!

Last edited:

zirpcev

Apr 6, 2020
I do have a higher resolution monitor, yeah. Thank you for the tip to try! I really appreciate it.

Edit: This totally worked thank you so much for explaining how to change that!
You and me, suffering from success bro. 1080 plebs don't know how easy they have it.

cunat321

Jul 5, 2021
Great game. But there's a minor bug I think:
- When you became Rimuru's lover and had sex with her 3 times, when she got pregnant...It says that we can keep have sex with her every time we want...but then if we do that, the screen just turn BLACK. I suggest you save the game before doing this.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Great game. But there's a minor bug I think:
- When you became Rimuru's lover and had sex with her 3 times, when she got pregnant...It says that we can keep have sex with her every time we want...but then if we do that, the screen just turn BLACK. I suggest you save the game before doing this.
Is that a problem with the game itself (does that happen on an unmodified Japanese version?) or does my MTL break that?
Word wrap in translated RPGmaker games is a nightmare. Do you have a screen resolution higher than 1080, because I suspect that may be why more people don't complain about it.

Anyway, a decent but not perfect solution is to change the font. Find big-shoulders-display-v4-latin-regular.tff somewhere and put it in the games font folder. Then change gamefonts.css to point to that instead of the default and you should only have really long lines running off screen.
You and me, suffering from success bro. 1080 plebs don't know how easy they have it.
I only have a "pleb" screen so it's hard for me to test :(. (And I didn't look much at the machine translated stuff in general yet because of the proper translation project at ULMF)
But I could still try to do some better word wrap stuff, there's an automated tool for that.
What do you think would be a good maximum character length so it fits "pc-gaming-masterrace" screens but doesn't get annoying for people with "pleb" ones? (Since in dialogues you would have to push the button more often for the same amount of text.)

Edit: "normal" for rpg MV seems to be a maximum length of 55 without a picture and a maximum length of 43 with a picture.

Last edited:

zirpcev

Apr 6, 2020
Is that a problem with the game itself (does that happen on an unmodified Japanese version?) or does my MTL break that?

I only have a "pleb" screen so it's hard for me to test :(. (And I didn't look much at the machine translated stuff in general yet because of the proper translation project at ULMF)
But I could still try to do some better word wrap stuff, there's an automated tool for that.
What do you think would be a good maximum character length so it fits "pc-gaming-masterrace" screens but doesn't get annoying for people with "pleb" ones? (Since in dialogues you would have to push the button more often for the same amount of text.)
I can't really wrap my smooth brain around why this problem occurs, but unmodified Japanese textboxes don't have it. All MTLs whether they be textractor++ or live patching tools have it. I don't think there's any good solution that could be added to a patch without breaking things for most users.

I have recently discovered that Times New Roman works just as well as the ugly weird font I recommended above.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I can't really wrap my smooth brain around why this problem occurs, but unmodified Japanese textboxes don't have it. All MTLs whether they be textractor++ or live patching tools have it. I don't think there's any good solution that could be added to a patch without breaking things for most users.

I have recently discovered that Times New Roman works just as well as the ugly weird font I recommended above.
Please try this version and tell me if there's any difference whatsoever. I never tried this tool so i might have not even applied it yet lol.

Last edited:

zirpcev

Apr 6, 2020
Please try this version and tell me if there's any difference whatsoever. I never tried this tool so i might have not even applied it yet lol.
I applied it to a fresh copy of the game and saw no difference from the pervious patch. Both exactly match this screenshot.

And for the record, here's what it looks like after I force the game to use Times New Roman font.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I applied it to a fresh copy of the game and saw no difference from the pervious patch. Both exactly match this screenshot.

And for the record, here's what it looks like after I force the game to use Times New Roman font.
Okay so that clearly didn't even apply, i had it set to 41 and that first line has 76. Seems like the game is completely ignoring my wrap attempts.:(
Maybe i should really just include your font change in the MTL.

zirpcev

Apr 6, 2020
Okay so that clearly didn't even apply, i had it set to 41 and that first line has 76. Seems like the game is completely ignoring my wrap attempts.:(
Maybe i should really just include your font change in the MTL.
I wouldn't bother doing something that will effect everyone when most people don't have the problem.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I wouldn't bother doing something that will effect everyone when most people don't have the problem.
I just tested it and even 1080p people have text running off screen. When talking to the photographer for example.
Changed font in 1.67. I chose "StintUltraCondensed-Regular" because that seems to be very effective at showing a lot of text at once (while still being somewhat readable).

GimpyFuccer

May 5, 2021

How do you force the game to be in times new roman? I'm having the issue as well

Demokaze

Jul 15, 2017
ar, found the post under , not seem that any improvment if not a fix for a single bug (something about a worm), the v1.06 should add some content with new scenes.
The link you provided doesn't say anything about additional content?
The dev is just saying that for 1.0.6 he's planning to fix three quests that were reported to break

And this is the update info on dlsite
■ver1.0.6
・fixed reported bugs
・corrected typos

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
The link you provided doesn't say anything about additional content?
The dev is just saying that for 1.0.6 he's planning to fix three quests that were reported to break

And this is the update info on dlsite
■ver1.0.6
・fixed reported bugs
・corrected typos
just check the main page not that specific for update that i left (when i made the post the v1.06 was yet not released).
Maybe will not be specif for the v1.06 but he is already working on new content.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

+ other things that was written later.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote