RPGM [Translation Request] Spoiled Child [DoujinOtome]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
They caught type A influenza so no progress has been made unfortunately.
That's unfortunate. Was there at least any mention about the direction of content on the new releases?

I don't mind waiting, just curious about what new content they can still apply that doesn't ruin the gameplay and story.

imp5000

Apr 8, 2019
The expansion is mainly focused on bringing the side characters to the same level as the 3 main heroines, so that means new CG for them, adding begging actions, some sort of favor progression system, possibly voice acting (basic quips and moans, like the main characters right now) and pixel animations. The current plan is to recreate 9 position for each side character (3 from each category: service/regular/pervy sex). The main characters have 13 positions, so it sounds like something possibly gets the cut. Unless the work goes smoothly and he decides to include all of them.

As for the main characters, new CG will be added related to the progress bar in each of the three sex categories; one event at 100 points, one event at 200 points. So that's 18 new CG (6 per character). Also new CG for threesome and foursome (not sure if that also includes new pixel animation, let's hope that's the case). Lastly, cosplay for the main characters, 1 costume for each (works with all the options in the begging menu, pixel art animations remain unaffected). Possibly some more begging options, small features and quality of life improvements.

Last edited:

Enryuu

Jul 5, 2018
Thanks!
That surely was one hell of work!

I played around with an old 1.05 machine translated version long time ago, and found out some translation-related stuff that you and other people will probably find interesting. Hopefully this info helps you to improve your translation:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

. It's an old 1.05 machine translated version manually updated by me to 1.052. Json files aren't indented and it's a complete mess, but you'll be able to use it as reference if you want to apply the same fixes. Repairs notifications, translates the CommonEvents.json insect/fish names and plugins.js stats (stats probably need a better translation).

Let me know If you need help with anything.

NOTE: This is an old machine translation with some fixes, does not contain Eyris improvements!

Quick peek:
View attachment 495539

Sincerely, another lurker.

waiting for 1.504

TGIL

Mar 12, 2019
I like this game but without proper English I don't fully understand how to control all the variables and effectively play.

saboro

Sep 28, 2019
waiting for 1.504
I'm not a translator myself, I just modified an already made MTL to fix some stuff. English is not even my native language. The main intent of my post was to try to help translators to workaround certain problems I've seen in previous translations (and sharing the game with those fixes applied).

I've taken a quick look to the 1.054 update, and apparently, it does change big files that were already translated. I can't manually update it like I did from 1.05 to 1.052, we need a new translation. Last time I checked, my machine translation attempts with Translator++ were way worse compared to the ones posted here. I don't know if they use another version, other tools, if some people translate using a Google Cloud account or if I just suck at it.

The 1.054 japanese release can be found by anyone googling "あまえんぼ1.054". Let's wait until someone more skilled wants to machine translate it.

Anyways, the lack of new translations is something to be expected, since the game is still being developed and updated. Translating the same stuff over and over each time a new version is released is extremely unrewarding (RPGM files are a real mess, that doesn't help either).

I'd personally be happy enough with a decent translation of the final version. One made by someone with Japanese knowledge would be ideal. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying our current translations, specially the 1.052 Eyris translation.

Enryuu

Jul 5, 2018
I'm not a translator myself, I just modified an already made MTL to fix some stuff. English is not even my native language. The main intent of my post was to try to help translators to workaround certain problems I've seen in previous translations (and sharing the game with those fixes applied).

I've taken a quick look to the 1.054 update, and apparently, it does change big files that were already translated. I can't manually update it like I did from 1.05 to 1.052, we need a new translation. Last time I checked, my machine translation attempts with Translator++ were way worse compared to the ones posted here. I don't know if they use another version, other tools, if some people translate using a Google Cloud account or if I just suck at it.

The 1.054 japanese release can be found by anyone googling "あまえんぼ1.054". Let's wait until someone more skilled wants to machine translate it.

Anyways, the lack of new translations is something to be expected, since the game is still being developed and updated. Translating the same stuff over and over each time a new version is released is extremely unrewarding (RPGM files are a real mess, that doesn't help either).

I'd personally be happy enough with a decent translation of the final version. One made by someone with Japanese knowledge would be ideal. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying our current translations, specially the 1.052 Eyris translation.

ahh thansk mate.. it is more relief now

TayNoi2004

Jan 2, 2020
Is there anyone who finished the game in 1.054 yet? If you do, can I pls have the save file because Im taking a long time to finished this game

Nicn&c

Nov 12, 2017
Hi everyone,

Eyris here... Long time lurker, first time poster.
I've been working on translating this game for the past week, just to see if I was able to do so.
Then I began enjoying the process of translating and continued on.
At the moment of writing this post I've come as far as the first In-game day,
so that's when you are able to leave the house for the first time.
The intro to Shizuku and the text of the villagers are also translated. Also most early game Tutorials are done.

I'm using the English machine translation of version 1.052 as reference simply because I didn't know newer versions existed.
I'm not a native Japanese or English speaker so there might be grammatical/sentence errors in the dialog.
Markup errors are present as I did not focus too much on details. It's mostly extra spaces and such.

Because of the state of the MTL, I had to make my own interpretations of what was said/meant as I translated.
Translating whilst playing the scene that I was working on helped tremendously in getting the sense of what's happening.
I also decided on certain words used by characters and changed the narrative structure.
Still I've tried hard to leave the original story line intact. Luckily the story is not very complicated.

The main character being child like and somewhat naive uses words like peepee and spurt instead of dick and cum.
Rei does use words like dick and cum because I consider her to be more feisty and sexually experienced.
F-bombs and other harsh language are not included because I believed it would diminish the carefree charm of the game.

For descriptive dialog I have changed the narrative from first person (I, me) to a third person perspective (He, she, they).
Translating this takes a lot of time and effort, so It's a pretty slow process.
To be honest I can/will not promise that I will ever finish translating the entire game. (Too busy *lazy*)
But if anyone is interested in doing their own translation or finish mine if need be,
I have included below a how-to on translating this game.

In conclusion;
To install my translation of version 1.052!!!
back up (!!!) your current data folder (you can just rename it data_bak. But to be safe copy and paste it somewhere else)
Place my data folder into Spoiled Child -> www and copy and replace if necessary.
Boot up the game and experience the most beautiful prose ever read in a game.

Eyris.

You're a hero mate. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Thanks much for the early game translation, helped me through the tutorial so I could understand everything else. If you ever get inspired to finish the translation, let us know mate. I'd recommend to everyone else lurking to use this translation for starters till the DLC arrives!

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Before anyone asks the torrent above is the machine translated 1.052 from FapForFun, it's the ULMF translation.

Reactions: yolopolo96
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes