RPGM [Translation Requset]Sheryl(MEGA DOWNLOAD)

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I bought it off DLsite both the base game and the Append. I made sure it's the correct version. Maybe I applied the Append wrong? If you can, how do I patch the Append correctly?
Hm... my versions are the base game from hentai-sharing and the addon from anime-sharing. So maybe you have a later version of the game.
If you send me your versions I'll make sure they're compatible with the translation.
I obviously want someone who bought the game to be able to use it.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
If you follow this tutorial, but you do not apply the translation, does the game still crash without the rgss3a file?
If it does not crash that seems to indicate a game version mismatch. If it still crashes that indicates corrupted files.
Where did you download the game and the addon? Are you certain it's v1.9 of the base game and you applied v1.3 of the addon to it (before decrypting)?
Just noting that the quest giver, the adventurer's guild, ain't translated apparently. It's the very beginning of the game, the first place the game sends you to.
I encountered a few \30 kind of things (few broken placeholders), but didn't pay it much mind as it wasn't breaking, but it looks like the entire guild menu is left untranslated.

I did pick up the latest versions from h-sharing, so that should be fine.

NOTE: Check the save, talk & try 'n get a quest. It'll revert to moon runes.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Just noting that the quest giver, the adventurer's guild, ain't translated apparently. It's the very beginning of the game, the first place the game sends you to.
I encountered a few \30 kind of things (few broken placeholders), but didn't pay it much mind as it wasn't breaking, but it looks like the entire guild menu is left untranslated.

Once you accept a quest you should have a description in English in the menu.
My focus for now was to actually get the game running without crashing.
(And if it turns out ChaosZeroX121 has a more up to date version of the game, I might need to start over anyway... :HideThePain: )

Edit: His version is 1.31, but my translation just downgrades it to v1.3 without creating issues. Seems like something is going wrong with his patching process.

Last edited:

mrericsan

Sep 21, 2021

Just accept all the quest in guild and castle, none of the quest is time limited, afterward you can go to the menu to see what the quest ask for (it helps as the quest dialog include the picture of the item usually). Well, except for the ones that you encounter in dungeon map, I remember i encounter an adventurer asking for an antidote potion. I went home and sleep in between and he died when i get back to him, lol.

ChaosZeroX121

Jan 22, 2022
Once you accept a quest you should have a description in English in the menu.
My focus for now was to actually get the game running without crashing.
(And if it turns out ChaosZeroX121 has a more up to date version of the game, I might need to start over anyway... :HideThePain: )

Edit: His version is 1.31, but my translation just downgrades it to v1.3 without creating issues. Seems like something is going wrong with his patching process.
Is it normal for the game to be darken? like before Sheryl left the house at the beginning the colors was bright but then she leaves everything became much darker and it stays that way.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Is it normal for the game to be darken? like before Sheryl left the house at the beginning the colors was bright but then she leaves everything became much darker and it stays that way.
Might be a screen tint event that was broken by the parser.
That happens when the dev leaves one in with a value of 0 for no reason...
Edit: I cant find the damn thing... :(

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Fixed the tinting as well as some other stuff, but it only works on a new game. If your save is already tinted it's fucked. :(

Reactions: ChaosZeroX121

ChaosZeroX121

Jan 22, 2022
Fixed the tinting as well as some other stuff, but it only works on a new game. If your save is already tinted it's fucked. :(
Good thing I'm still at the beginning I don't mind making a new save thanks. I just download the translation and overwrite it right?

cactuar

Modder
Mar 31, 2018
Been working on this for a few weeks now and figured I might as well post what I've done so far. I want to finish this, but it will take a while doing manually.

Main story's translated up to the fourth level, everything else is pretty hit or miss. Items/recipes/alchemy system should be totally done as well, although there might be some text overflow on the items.

As Shisaye mentioned, the game is challenging to translate. The quest names in the menu use the names of switches (300-400 and 1000-1100) which don't usually need to be translated. The namepop script which displays text on the map didn't recognize the space character which I had to fix. The guild/notice board quest info was encoded by the TES script which took me ages to figure out how to decode (this is what's inside the main.rvdata2 file). I was about ready to quit working on this until I found . Also, the wicked tiny text box is infuriating.

I've overcome most of the technical hurdles now and all that's left is story/h-scenes, aka the important stuff.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Been working on this for a few weeks now and figured I might as well post what I've done so far. I want to finish this, but it will take a while doing manually.

Main story's translated up to the fourth level, everything else is pretty hit or miss. Items/recipes/alchemy system should be totally done as well, although there might be some text overflow on the items.

As Shisaye mentioned, the game is challenging to translate. The quest names in the menu use the names of switches (300-400 and 1000-1100) which don't usually need to be translated. The namepop script which displays text on the map didn't recognize the space character which I had to fix. The guild/notice board quest info was encoded by the TES script which took me ages to figure out how to decode (this is what's inside the main.rvdata2 file). I was about ready to quit working on this until I found . Also, the wicked tiny text box is infuriating.

I've overcome most of the technical hurdles now and all that's left is story/h-scenes, aka the important stuff.
Oh, I didn't know a proper translator was working on this. I'll stop working on the SLRMTL then.

lamonnan

May 3, 2020
so i encounter an error for character chest 7 looked at the graphics, is it not in the folder or which one i need to change the name

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Oh, I didn't know a proper translator was working on this. I'll stop working on the SLRMTL then.
Neither did I, wouldn't have started otherwise. But now I'm kind of too far down the rabbit hole to quit.
Even if I do, I'd never (want to) get back into it again having to restart the thing.

Reactions: Cratey

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Huh, I did just find out one thing though. I'm quite a few hours into the game and haven't actually seen much eros as of yet.
Been mostly like some regular RPG with the very occasional fanservice so far.

Now I hit a beach where you needed >50 debauchery to put on a swimsuit, but I ain't nowhere near that.
Checked out the gallery room and turns out >60-70% of the scenes in the game are defeat events. Looks like any old rando mob enemy must have a defeat event.

Sigh, that's the most annoying way to go about it really. At least unlock the defeat events after winning the battles like many games do these days.
Sure, I've found you can (ab)use the panty flashing 'wind' event to just cheese the hornyness stat up, but that's just kinda dumb.
The best games are those with an organic raising of these stats, steady corruption so as to say. Without having to rinse/repeat/cheese some rando event 50 or 100 times.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Having finished the game I'd say it was a decent game. More polished than most RPGM games.
Though when it comes down to it, the theme and goal of the game is collect cash (2 million) & items (alchemy fetch quests basically).

However, you do a lot of combat to get those items and while novel at first, you get OP waaaaay too quickly.
Game ain't got very good balance there. I was totally OP for the majority of the game & I barely used the 'level up' table to increase my stats (still had >130 level up points left for stat buffs & already I was totally out there).

Magic however seems to be an afterthought. I never used it much & barely unlocked any.
I found 2 enemies in the game that were magic only, so for those I had to use it.
Though the game doesn't really offer any MP restoration items (despite the whole laundry list of consumables) until the very late stages of the game (philosopher's stones).
The consumable items not actually stating their effect didn't help, but that might've been due to the TL, dunno. Ended up never using a single consumable the entire game.

I got 'ED02', so I'm assuming there are multiple endings, but they ain't visible in the gallery, so meh.

Eros wise ... random mob enemies get a pixel defeat scene & bosses get a CG. Though there aren't really that many CG's to go around as many scenes reuse the same CG's for various characters.

mrericsan

Sep 21, 2021
Then there are multiple Endings - I got ED04 "Brothell Ending".
Just like to mention a trick that I know from previous game of the same circle. If you dont have enough gold to finish the game you can craft "spirit dust" and sell in tool shop as they sell for 40000 gold a pop. Thus you dont have to whore yourself out to make money, thus virgin end is totally possible. Of course brothel get you the most scenes as you can whore all your friends to the brothel too. the scene you whore the tool shop owner out did turn me off a little bit however lol, as she is an ugly milf.

Benun

Mar 31, 2022

am i the only one using joiplay? and I was confused when I extracted the translation file and it didn't work

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Just like to mention a trick that I know from previous game of the same circle. If you dont have enough gold to finish the game you can craft "spirit dust" and sell in tool shop as they sell for 40000 gold a pop. Thus you dont have to whore yourself out to make money, thus virgin end is totally possible. Of course brothel get you the most scenes as you can whore all your friends to the brothel too. the scene you whore the tool shop owner out did turn me off a little bit however lol, as she is an ugly milf.
I never really had an issue with money.
One of the quest bosses spawned a unicorn that gave me 100K, the flying broach gave me 300K, etc.
Those side-quests did more to give me money than the actual fetch quests, which usually didn't do much more than 1, 2 or 3K.
The castle item quests gave some decent coin though.

But overall, the difference was easily made up in the last floor (the tower) by just going to the room filled with angels & massacring them over & over again by exit/entering the room.
Only took about a minute per massacre run and gave about 11K coin each time, so really didn't take too long to make up the difference.

Though to be fair, at that point I only needed like 200K anymore or something to finish the game.
And I did buy all the recipes, get all the items that could be made, etc. So I certainly spent plenty of coin too.

I did however NOT bother with virgin runs (I never do). So I did get money from pushing the ladies to the brothel, which was generally 50K/pop.

I can say however, I could've just cheated the hell out the game by MTooling myself a couple gajillion coin if I wanted to, but never did.
So overall, it probably wasn't TOO grindy to get to that number. If at the end I still needed like 1 million or something & it would've taken me 10 hours to grind it out I generally would've. :sneaky: