Tool RPGM Ren'Py Translator for RPG Maker and RenPy(demo)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
My translation is stuck on 56/75. The json file is only 2mb and I've left the program alone for days to no avail. It works for other games so idk
try a new version of the program
your file has 12000 lines to translate, average translation speed is 8-10 lines per second on my computer (internet 200 mbps).

toasty201

Jan 15, 2024
hi there, i'm new to this, i was normally trying to do it with translator++, but when i want to translate the Json files, i make several errors, this app translates only the "phrases" or also the game systems like the json files and files it uses the system for events and other actions?

Mister MK6

Mar 26, 2021
The program looks interesting, I will take a look at it.
El programa parece interesante, le echaré un vistazo.

sicklez

Aug 12, 2020

Updated, fixed, embellished.
Test it, share your impressions, express your outrage.

Added support for the Turkish language.
Can't wait to try it.

Question: concerning item names/descriptions, could you clarify what the problem is?
I speculate it might concern the name in the code -- so if my translator candidly translates a potion of healing as "potion of healing" in a spot and as "healing potion" in another, I'll get a mismatch, wrong variables, translation hangs.

I was just curious if this applies to descriptions too, and if you have ideas on the approach you might take to solve it.
Again: curiosity. I'm not complaining it's not working, actually let me thank you again for the help your program provides!

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
Can't wait to try it.

Question: concerning item names/descriptions, could you clarify what the problem is?
I speculate it might concern the name in the code -- so if my translator candidly translates a potion of healing as "potion of healing" in a spot and as "healing potion" in another, I'll get a mismatch, wrong variables, translation hangs.

I was just curious if this applies to descriptions too, and if you have ideas on the approach you might take to solve it.
Again: curiosity. I'm not complaining it's not working, actually let me thank you again for the help your program provides!
Version 0.4 should handle it

Reactions: sicklez

ghost166

Jun 4, 2024

Updated, fixed, embellished.
Test it, share your impressions, express your outrage.

Added support for the Turkish language.
Thank you for the language support. I'm trying it right away. I don't write the name of the game because I don't know if it would be right to write it. There is a game with 170000 lines, I'm trying it. For me, it doesn't matter if the translation takes a long time. The important thing is that it translates properly. I will check it when the translation is finished and write the results. Thank you for your effort.

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
Thank you for the language support. I'm trying it right away. I don't write the name of the game because I don't know if it would be right to write it. There is a game with 170000 lines, I'm trying it. For me, it doesn't matter if the translation takes a long time. The important thing is that it translates properly. I will check it when the translation is finished and write the results. Thank you for your effort.
Oh... I think you should use something easier to test. Translating a project like this can take 5 hours, it would be a shame to waste time with a bad result

Try to translate a part, create a copy of the folder "data" change its name to "translated data", delete files map001.json - map010.json and optionally "common events.json" from it
run the program. This will allow you to translate the part at the beginning of the game and evaluate the translation without wasting a lot of time.

Last edited:

ghost166

Jun 4, 2024
The translation of game files is completed.
He finished the 170000 line game file in 1452 min 20 seconds.
Armors, common events, items, skills, states, system, Troops, Weapons and 853 map.jason files.
My internet speed is not very good. I use phone internet due to my location.
I will start playing the game. If I find any errors, I will give feedback.

Arrangement

I have translated and played the game with Mtool before. It had bad sentence integrity and was translating some character names and place names as 'France'.
I'm at the beginning of the game right now. Sentence integrity is very good.
I will continue playing. I will write down any errors I get as feedback.
The fact that the missions are not translated does not affect the gameplay of the game. Because when you receive the mission, it already describes the mission.
Thank you very much for the application. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steygan

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
The translation of game files is completed.
He finished the 170000 line game file in 1452 min 20 seconds.
Armors, common events, items, skills, states, system, Troops, Weapons and 853 map.jason files.
My internet speed is not very good. I use phone internet due to my location.
I will start playing the game. If I find any errors, I will give feedback.

Arrangement

I have translated and played the game with Mtool before. It had bad sentence integrity and was translating some character names and place names as 'France'.
I'm at the beginning of the game right now. Sentence integrity is very good.
I will continue playing. I will write down any errors I get as feedback.
The fact that the missions are not translated does not affect the gameplay of the game. Because when you receive the mission, it already describes the mission.
Thank you very much for the application. Thank you.
Thank you for such an informative report, I am very pleased to receive feedback, it helps to improve the program and my mood)such a report has a place in the reviews with a rating (y)

Reactions: ghost166

Toxicus

May 1, 2024
получаю эту ошибку

an error has occurred: cannot access local variable 'curpath' where it is not associated with a value

Toxicus

May 1, 2024
1234.png

теперь эта ошибка((
и при выборе "data" в основной папке и при выборе "data" в папке "www"

rontremalo

Jul 29, 2021
Steygan

v0.4 comments:
* its not grinding my CPU at 100% now anymore, thank you!
* the updated count, while working on a specific file is nice, easy to see things are still alive.
* Please consider adding the ability to resize the window and various UI/UX components.

I will report on whether it completes and translation fidelity later.

EDIT: "Skills.json progress: just wait... " is alarming lol

EDIT 2: "An error has occured, Text must not be empty" but toward the end of the files, in a "Troops.json" Looks like most of the dialog probably went through... The translation procedure might also still be running, its not clear. It would be cool if it could continue past error conditions.

Please consider outputting error conditions in the text window, with location information about what caused the error in the JSON. And also recovering from errors and attempting to continue?

The translation looks troubled, lots of random Hex interspersed and names did not shift:

Last edited:

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
Steygan

v0.4 comments:
* its not grinding my CPU at 100% now anymore, thank you!
* the updated count, while working on a specific file is nice, easy to see things are still alive.
* Please consider adding the ability to resize the window and various UI/UX components.

I will report on whether it completes and translation fidelity later.

EDIT: "Skills.json progress: just wait... " is alarming lol

EDIT 2: "An error has occured, Text must not be empty" but toward the end of the files, in a "Troops.json" Looks like most of the dialog probably went through... The translation procedure might also still be running, its not clear. It would be cool if it could continue past error conditions.

Please consider outputting error conditions in the text window, with location information about what caused the error in the JSON. And also recovering from errors and attempting to continue?

The translation looks troubled, lots of random Hex interspersed and names did not shift:
Under some conditions the program does not translate names, this was done in the beginning, the reason being that these names translate differently and your characters can change the name during the dialog. I am painfully looking at the screenshots... I will add a workaround, it is planned for the next version

notsofastboi

Jun 17, 2020
I've tested out this tool and believe it's better than MTool actually. Firstly, you can use google translate and deepl as free users. Secondly, you don't need the tool to play the translated game since it injects the translation into the game files itself.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote