Tool Translator++ Ver.3.10.1

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ravensm

Sep 4, 2017
having an issue with this, used it in the past, no trouble, but a fresh download isnt working.
error message when making a new project (set develtopment directory) , "windows cannot find, "pathtofolder\translator++"
any thoughts?

update: if i dont make use of the development directory option, then it seems to work, im not sure whats going on

Azerak

Jun 1, 2017
I used the normal deepL not the pro(both are addons which are not included in official and you need points to get in the application). you told me you use deepL, which version you are using so I can download and use since the newest version that you applied your fix is not working properly( when you batch translate and then it finished if you go and look at the translation you see in the initial column that some of the rows are translated and other are just copy paste of the original).
Injection for some games will just make it unable to start with translation or without it, but I don't care, if I can get deepL batch translation fully working then I can save the translation file and then open it in the official and inject it.
Every version I posted have the addons/plugins inside, maybe they are not updated because I'm not his patreon, but they are all there, even deepL and deepL pro. Currently I'm using the last one I posted "Translator++ 3.8.28 x64"

1631011782517.png

Reactions: Sasirs

Azerak

Jun 1, 2017
having an issue with this, used it in the past, no trouble, but a fresh download isnt working.
error message when making a new project (set develtopment directory) , "windows cannot find, "pathtofolder\translator++"
any thoughts?

update: if i dont make use of the development directory option, then it seems to work, im not sure whats going on
Probably depend where you placed the Translator++ folder, but in any case I suggest not placing working folders inside, use another folder, always better, and be sure to have all the rights to that folder

ravensm

Sep 4, 2017
Probably depend where you placed the Translator++ folder, but in any case I suggest not placing working folders inside, use another folder, always better, and be sure to have all the rights to that folder
thats what i do, still wont work

ParaPara15

Dec 27, 2018
What? I just go to "batch translation", select DeepL (NOT the pro, unless you have api key but you have to configure it on the options) and done. Sure, 40% will be missing, but it works. Then you go on the cell you wanna translate, right click of the mouse, and use deepL to translate (you can set the type of translator on the options with also the starting language and end language, by default I set DeepL and from jp to en those I shared).
Sometimes it doesn't work either, because the plugin is buggy, those cell you cannot translate you have to translate manually, but those are mostly 5% of the entire game
I think the issue with DeepL non-pro tends to be with how it matches the lines back up after translating, it seems like when it can't match something from the translation it just substitutes the original Japanese back in. I tried messing with the delimiter but it didn't seem like it really respected this setting in the first place, probably kind of inevitable that whatever delimiter you use will get shuffled around a lot here and there anyway. The DeepL Pro extension shouldn't have this problem hopefully (haven't tried Translator++'s implementation but I've translated a few games directly using the API and it seemed fine), though the rate limits for free users are kinda too low to be using often.

RICKY43

May 24, 2017
Not to be a debby downer, but how reliable is this program? I've not heard good things from it, and some of these forum posts aren't giving me the confidence to bother trying to use this.

Azerak

Jun 1, 2017
Not to be a debby downer, but how reliable is this program? I've not heard good things from it, and some of these forum posts aren't giving me the confidence to bother trying to use this.
Don't worry, I report what I wrote in the previous page
"However general talking, to everyone, if you are translating games "professionally", meaning to possibly release them to others, DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM, is faulty af, it would give you more problems than benefit. If you are translating this game just because you wanna have a quick play and know how the game is like (and mostly what they are saying), then go ahead."

Azerak

Jun 1, 2017
I think the issue with DeepL non-pro tends to be with how it matches the lines back up after translating, it seems like when it can't match something from the translation it just substitutes the original Japanese back in. I tried messing with the delimiter but it didn't seem like it really respected this setting in the first place, probably kind of inevitable that whatever delimiter you use will get shuffled around a lot here and there anyway. The DeepL Pro extension shouldn't have this problem hopefully (haven't tried Translator++'s implementation but I've translated a few games directly using the API and it seemed fine), though the rate limits for free users are kinda too low to be using often.
Oh ye, I read that the author took care of that problem, it should leave blank space instead of using the original sentence, but I don't know if you need the latest version of the program (3.8.29) or you need the updated version of deepL (which I don't have), sorry. I too kinda hate that problem.
About DeepL pro free, ye, they are kinda cheap, I mean, I got you wanna promote the paid version, but come on

RICKY43

May 24, 2017
Sorry, but how do I use addons, in particular, DeepL with the translator++ other.

Edit nvm I figured it out, I cant use them.

Last edited:

Yamidaze

Sep 9, 2018
is it possible to upload the latest version?

eventually wanna help the developer, but impossible at the moment.

thanks.

PS: How to bypass the 5000ms waiting time?

tried the yandex API and still can't figure it out

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Don't worry, I report what I wrote in the previous page
"However general talking, to everyone, if you are translating games "professionally", meaning to possibly release them to others, DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM, is faulty af, it would give you more problems than benefit. If you are translating this game just because you wanna have a quick play and know how the game is like (and mostly what they are saying), then go ahead."
Your version ( 3.8.28 ) works fine without issue for Ace games.
For MZ seems to work fine but I haven't done enough yet to fully confirm that.
It doesn't write stuff properly in MV breaking sequencing. Stuff gets skipped, crashes or goes into loops on longer projects.
Also like pretty much all Translator++ versions it does not properly write stuff in Wolf RPG breaking longer projects.

So basically your version is superior for Ace games, for everything else I would stick to 3.6.28 for now.

Last edited:

JackDanno

Oct 1, 2017
I got a problem with DeepL Pro, it does not translate to English at all. All it does like copy paste exact same Japanese character.

Azerak

Jun 1, 2017
Your version ( 3.8.28 ) works fine without issue for Ace games.
For MZ seems to work fine but I haven't done enough yet to fully confirm that.
It doesn't write stuff properly in MV breaking sequencing. Stuff gets skipped, crashes or goes into loops on longer projects.
Also like pretty much all Translator++ versions it does not properly write stuff in Wolf RPG breaking longer projects.

So basically your version is superior for Ace games, for everything else I would stick to 3.6.28 for now.
It's not "my version", it's the developer version :D However I agree that sometimes it break MV (like I said in the previous posts) but I have that random problem even on the old version

sirlance98

Jun 13, 2017
i have a little question
anyone know how remake data.wolf whit translator or any other program?
i get tranlation for all files, but i dont know how re-convert data folder to data.wolf

furrry2

Feb 16, 2020
well I wanted to use deepl to translate a Japanese game in batches but sometimes it doesn't translate everything , in another case I also used deepl to translate in parts but it doesn't translate everything and also sometimes the same sentence was repeated , so I'm just using google to do my translation so at least the game is understood.

lyk5t

Sep 25, 2021
hello everyone, I tried to download the new software and try it, but after selecting the exe file of the game I want to translate, it stayed on the processing screen, is this normal?

PS: my english is not very good sorry for that

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote