Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Puniasterus

Feb 16, 2018
Can someone help? When Exporting translated Wolf RPG data the process either gets stuck at parsing and stays there indefinetly or the programm closes entirely when using the internal editor and also gets suck at parsing before i can even translate or edit the files when using the 3rd party Wolfjs editor.
The Game i´m trying to translate is
Tried with the generic one (first option) and extracted the data (using the wolf one failed too :unsure:)

Aug 26, 2016
Posted this over on ULMF and thought it might help some people here too.

Some tips for using translator++ without too many errors from the beginning of translation:

1. As soon as the files load into translator++ go to the Scripts file and delete it from the translation, you don't wanna translate it with the machine, it'll cause a whole bunch of issues. (RPG Maker MV Games don't have a Scripts file so go to next step.)

2. Go into the Context Menu and for RPG VX Ace games remove all instances of inlinescript, these are script calls and you usually don't wanna translate those, for MV games you remove notes and Plugin Commands as these contain scriptcalls for MV games.

3. Make sure after the translation finishes you do Ctrl + F and search for "\ " (theres a space after the \) then replace with "\" (remove the Quotation marks) if theres a space after \ then it'll cause issues for ruby code. Also search for "\\" and replace with "\" (without quotations) as having multiple \ also causes issues, do this one a couple times. Sometimes "if" and "en" statements will also bug out, you search for them like this "if (" or "en (" (again no quotations) they should look like this "if(" or "en(", then check if they use "v [" or "s [" variables and they should look like this "v[" or "s[". One last thing that can also cause issues is this " > =" it should look like this ">=", no space before the arrow and no space between arrow and equals. You should be able to just copy and past everything within the quotations and search it like that.

I've found after doing this for all translations its easier to make simple machine translations with most things translated and very few errors if any at all. Sometimes inlinescripts contain names of characters or mobs, like in Knights of Messiah by Doujin Gyu, so those will be untranslated but the game wont break.

Hope this helps and good luck with all your translations.

Toka3

Mar 23, 2019
Can anyone send me the download link for the latest version or tell me where to download it for free without buying?
Translator++ 2.7.28 i think should be the best.

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
2020-08-12_18-45-11.png

So I am trying to figure out what you can and cannot translate. I translated all fields in ++

2020-08-12_18-46-22.png

Any advice on how to traverse the minefield?

Puniasterus

Feb 16, 2018
So I am trying to figure out what you can and cannot translate. I translated all fields in ++

Any advice on how to traverse the minefield?
That's related to translating the scripts, probably it's the alphabet those " " should be ' ' or just left them untranslated

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
Posted this over on ULMF and thought it might help some people here too.

Some tips for using translator++ without too many errors from the beginning of translation:

1. As soon as the files load into translator++ go to the Scripts file and delete it from the translation, you don't wanna translate it with the machine, it'll cause a whole bunch of issues. (RPG Maker MV Games don't have a Scripts file so go to next step.)

2. Go into the Context Menu and for RPG VX Ace games remove all instances of inlinescript, these are script calls and you usually don't wanna translate those, for MV games you remove notes and Plugin Commands as these contain scriptcalls for MV games.

3. Make sure after the translation finishes you do Ctrl + F and search for "\ " (theres a space after the \) then replace with "\" (remove the Quotation marks) if theres a space after \ then it'll cause issues for ruby code. Also search for "\\" and replace with "\" (without quotations) as having multiple \ also causes issues, do this one a couple times. Sometimes "if" and "en" statements will also bug out, you search for them like this "if (" or "en (" (again no quotations) they should look like this "if(" or "en(", then check if they use "v [" or "s [" variables and they should look like this "v[" or "s[". One last thing that can also cause issues is this " > =" it should look like this ">=", no space before the arrow and no space between arrow and equals. You should be able to just copy and past everything within the quotations and search it like that.

I've found after doing this for all translations its easier to make simple machine translations with most things translated and very few errors if any at all. Sometimes inlinescripts contain names of characters or mobs, like in Knights of Messiah by Doujin Gyu, so those will be untranslated but the game wont break.

Hope this helps and good luck with all your translations.
Some scripts need translated though, or how else would you translate GUI or HUD elements?

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
That's related to translating the scripts, probably it's the alphabet those " " should be ' ' or just left them untranslated
I'll try that. Aren't some scripts HUD elements though? I'm having a hard time trying to translate HUD elements in this small test game I am using as a test bed

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
Alright, so for whatever reason the tool makes a temp folder, in that temp folder I see the tile sets and graphics. However, when I export the translation it doesn't export the graphics along with it. Why? Older versions used to export everything.

Puniasterus

Feb 16, 2018
I'll try that. Aren't some scripts HUD elements though? I'm having a hard time trying to translate HUD elements in this small test game I am using as a test bed
True, a lot of things can beat scripts, one of mines has endings texts, quests etc, but one single extra space or some extra \ and game crashes, so it's a bit tricky :unsure:

I could take a look if I see where it could be the error.

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
True, a lot of things can beat scripts, one of mines has endings texts, quests etc, but one single extra space or some extra \ and game crashes, so it's a bit tricky :unsure:

I could take a look if I see where it could be the error.
Thanks I will keep in mind, I am mainly doing some super short games as tests.

Do you happen to know where text on a graphic would be located?
This one game I am testing has this
2020-08-13_00-03-03.png
That green bar top right, is the graphic.
However the characters in the green bar are not part of the graphic.

Nor are they in any of the files/folders in the translator++ menu. Where would they be?

I am told it would be in maps, which has me going back to the export thing I mentioned a post or two above.
++ isn't extracting everything it seems, there are other rvdatas like "maps" "states" and such that aren't being ripped from the game into the tool.
Is there a reason for this?

Puniasterus

Feb 16, 2018
Thanks I will keep in mind, I am mainly doing some super short games as tests.
Do you happen to know where text on a graphic would be located?
I am not sure, but Translator++ seems to only take maps that have texts, if it's an image it won't even appear, but when extracting it should be there, just not used, in mine for example some hints are in a png in graphics pictures.

Or it's hidden somehere in scripts perhaps.

You could try a decrypther if you see something maybe missing.

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
I am not sure, but Translator++ seems to only take maps that have texts, if it's an image it won't even appear, but when extracting it should be there, just not used, in mine for example some hints are in a png in graphics pictures.

Or it's hidden somehere in scripts perhaps.

You could try a decrypther if you see something maybe missing.
I decrypted it but its still just rvdata the only way I see it is having to open in RPGMAKER itself. Seems silly not to have an override of some kind to list EVERY rvdata set.
I searched all over for the kanji in what ++ extracts and nothing showed BTW.

I could DM you the game (zip is only 4M). If you want to see if its possible to dig it out of ++. I am mainly worried about this because this means the tool doesn't extract all needed information.
As well as it not exporting all extracted files (it doesn't export the graphics folder even though it extracts it in the cache).

Dreamsavior

Apr 26, 2017
Hi, maksoncnc. I am Dreamsavior, the author of Translator++.
I see you are illegally posting the developer preview of the upcoming Translator++ which is not even properly tested to be released yet.
Please take down the link.

maksoncnc

May 21, 2019
Привет, maksoncnc. Я Dreamsavior, автор Translator++.
Я вижу, что вы незаконно публикуете предварительный просмотр разработчика предстоящего Translator++, который еще даже не был должным образом протестирован для выпуска.
Пожалуйста, снимите ссылку.
[/ЦИТАТА]
в свою очередь прошу прощения я просто не понял как перевести renpy games и хотел услышать пару советов

breakingbasha

Modder
Dec 28, 2019
Need help. I want to translate a game, but the files arent´t stored in the WWW folder, but the game.exe itself, While Translator++ did decompile the files, which i copied into the game folder, the game naturally still prioritizes the internally stored files. Is there a trick or a decompiling tool or something else i could use to make a .exe files which uses the WWW folder instead?

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Need help. I want to translate a game, but the files arent´t stored in the WWW folder, but the game.exe itself, While Translator++ did decompile the files, which i copied into the game folder, the game naturally still prioritizes the internally stored files. Is there a trick or a decompiling tool or something else i could use to make a .exe files which uses the WWW folder instead?
If you open the "rpg_core.js" with a txt editor it should give you the version of MV that was used on the second line.
Then go RPG Maker MV engine (all versions) , download the same version, and replace the original exe with the one from the zip.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote