MisoSoop

Dec 16, 2017
Hey everyone! I tried to install the win update on mac using the trick I found here, but it doesn't seem to work (It did work once so i already tried it before, game runs normally but it doesn't update) any tricks/solution? View attachment 817607 View attachment 817607
so for updates on Mac, what I've found to work best is this: download the full Windows version of the game then extract it. Open the Windows folder --> open www folder --> copy everything inside EXCEPT the "js" folder and the "config.set" files. Skipping the "js" folder is to avoid overwriting your saves and skipping the "config.set" file is to avoid having to download the relationship patch again (if you chose to use it, otherwise ignore). Then just go to your Mac game file --> Show package contents --> Contents/Resources/app.nw --> paste everything into the app.nw folder and replace everything when prompted. Should work now with the updated content. It's easier to copy all the files at one time (excluding the 2 mentioned before" and then pasting so you don't have to go back and forth a billion times.

spawn549

Nov 7, 2019
i missed last update, so did 2 updates today, what % should i be at just out of curiousity. I am currently at 51%. i have 5 profiles collected, not gonna list all, but does this seem correct? If im missing anything i will search through forumns no problem, i KNOW how to use that function.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
FYI - Having a few issues with images in the update only packet -- first it had a Loading Error trying to find JanetPhone.png, now it's having the same error trying to find the soy sauce image. downloading the full game download and replacing the character and pictures folders seemingly got rid of those two errors. So seems to just be an issue with the update only version.
The update package worked fine. Sounds like it's either a skipped earlier update, or user error.

azz111

May 15, 2020
Oh, cool! Update coming. I'll save time and just install the update only file.

46 mins until NLT releases it. Probably 50 mins until the update only is shared and 52 mins until the "I broke my game" and "how to install update only file" comments start. I think I'll be patient and wait 3 hours for the full version.
:confused: Maybe I'll just install the full version and avoid the hazing if I screw it up. :LOL:

Reactions: spawn549

spawn549

Nov 7, 2019
The update package worked fine. Sounds like it's either a skipped earlier update, or user error.
that happened to me earlier, i missed the last update from the 1st, and tried to use todays update, got img errors, so i just downloaded the full game again, then everything worked fine

anybody69

Nov 18, 2018
I found the key form the 11 torch but need another key to open the chest under the light house any ideas where it is?

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
that happened to me earlier, i missed the last update from the 1st, and tried to use todays update, got img errors, so i just downloaded the full game again, then everything worked fine
Exactly. The only other possible explanation is if the user somehow accidentally nuked a few files.

By the way, you can just apply the updates 1-by-1 starting with the 1st missed update. More work (apply multiple updates) vs download more (full game). Either way "fixes" the problem.

darkslayer5

Special Kind of Hero
Donor
Compressor
Feb 14, 2020
Treasure of Nadia [v51092] [NLT Media] - Original Size: 2.86GB

Compressed version for Win (475MB):
- -

Compressed Update Only [48091 > 51092] for Win (58MB):
- -
The compressed update does not work for the original version.

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

Last edited:

44Tom

Oct 19, 2018
That is right. You cannot use the update file on an earlier version. You must have the last version from 2 weeks ago to apply the update files to. If you skip an update it is easier to just download the full game file.

Mikor987

May 20, 2020
Regarding updates:

Let's say you played version 40071 last time, you have to update each version from 40071 to 51092.

What does not work is:
01) just update 51092.
02) Full 40071 and just update 51092.

What does work:
01) Full 40071 + update 42072 + update 44071 + update 46082 + update 48091 + update 51092.
02) Full 51092.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
i missed last update, so did 2 updates today, what % should i be at just out of curiousity. I am currently at 51%. i have 5 profiles collected, not gonna list all, but does this seem correct? If im missing anything i will search through forumns no problem, i KNOW how to use that function.
51% is correct.

FYI, the first two digits of the version number is the % completion you'll be at with a full save through that update, and the next digits are the month of the release, and the last digit is which update of the month.

This update is v51092 = 51% / 09 (September) / 2nd update of the month

Last update was v48091 = 48% / 09 (September) / 1st update of the month

Before that it was v 46082 = 46% / 08 (August) / 2nd update of the month

Etc

Reactions: KristopheH

Mikor987

May 20, 2020
I get an error: Failed to load: img/pictures/Janet-Phone.png It is game breaking for me.
read 4 posts up if you use updates otherwise give us details:
Operating System, compressed or not, mod or not, incest or not, cheat or not, update or full game, ...

4.50 star(s) 508 Votes