PhineasFlynn

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2020
I downloaded the updates but now when i open the game,it's showing a bug.
An issue which might have been discussed several times(apologizes to others for bothering with this).
So any idea how to resolve the matter? Don't tell me that i have to play the game from start. :p
"Failed to load: img/system/Balloon.png" This is what being shown in it.
Something mess with update. Are your updates correct? Try extract update again.
Easyest way to fix it is donwload last full bulid. No wory about save they are in diferent folder and are implemented automatically.

D

Deleted member 2479505

Does incest patch also work in android version??if yes then how can I do it???

neff

May 1, 2017
How come I end up always with broken version when I try to update Mac version of the game? I open the contents of the patch and then just copy, go to the old game contents and paste. But that break the binary and the game does not start after that?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
How come I end up always with broken version when I try to update Mac version of the game? I open the contents of the patch and then just copy, go to the old game contents and paste. But that break the binary and the game does not start after that?
You need to merge the content of "app.nw" - not copy and paste the files. If you copy and paste you overwrite your old app.nw folder (more files) with a new app.nw folder with less files.

Full game v51.... app.nw folder merge with content from update-only file v54.... app.nw's folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: neff

worldofmac84

Jan 2, 2020
It's a week since this months first update and the OP has not been updated for the Mac version. I tried the Mac update only and it showed up in my finder with a big NO symbol on it, indicating it was corrupted and I could not open it. And when I tried to copy the window files to add to the previous full Mac update, the window update is behind a RAR file which for some reason I can't figure out is something I cannot open on my mac.

Damn. Looks like I'm just going to have to keep on waiting until someone finally posts the full update for the Mac, preferably being a zip file.
The Mac update has that icon simply because it's not the full app and has no executable inside.

OTOH, you can extract the files from the PC update and use those to update the previous Mac full version: I've been doing this since version 20XXX and everything has always worked perfectly.

The procedure is described many times back in this thread, for example here -> #17,536

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I have the incest patch installed and everytime i save or load i get this message saying that this version has been modified blabla, is there a way to get rid of this message?
yes, but to complicate to explain it. Possible that you would need to modify the file after each update. Not worth it.

BatmanNinja

Apr 12, 2020
Something mess with update. Are your updates correct? Try extract update again.
Easyest way to fix it is donwload last full bulid. No wory about save they are in diferent folder and are implemented automatically.
Yeah,first i did the previous update & then i downloaded the latest update.
Then i extracted the previous update in the same folder where my game is & then i extracted the latest update in the same folder where the game is.
But when i open the game,it shows an error.
As you wrote that i should extract again so i extracted the latest update again in the same folder & then opened the game again but unfortunately,the same error is showing up.
Anyways,should i download the file which is below the "Download" as i'm using Windows or should i download the compressed file from "Others" in the original post at page 1...???

P.S. Sorry for bothering every one over here.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ Missing balloon is about 10+ updates behind. You won't solve it by just going back 1-2 builds. Get the full version (about 2GB) and it'll be fixed. Or if you really want to waste time : go find every update from around v20, download them all, extract them all, copy/pate 1 by 1 following the update numbers, pray you can count, pray even more you got them in the right order and didn't miss any, re-apply everything else (in order) till you get back up to v54, pray everything went as planned, start the game, hope the universe doesn't fold itself backwards

• Haha
Reactions: BatmanNinja

BatmanNinja

Apr 12, 2020
^ Missing balloon is about 10+ updates behind. You won't solve it by just going back 1-2 builds. Get the full version (about 2GB) and it'll be fixed. Or if you really want to waste time : go find every update from around v20, download them all, extract them all, copy/pate 1 by 1 following the update numbers, pray you can count, pray even more you got them in the right order and didn't miss any, re-apply everything else (in order) till you get back up to v54, pray everything went as planned, start the game, hope the universe doesn't fold itself backwards
Hahaha...thanks mate for a detailed response.
I'm already on it(full version).

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Yeah,first i did the previous update & then i downloaded the latest update.
Then i extracted the previous update in the same folder where my game is & then i extracted the latest update in the same folder where the game is.
But when i open the game,it shows an error.
As you wrote that i should extract again so i extracted the latest update again in the same folder & then opened the game again but unfortunately,the same error is showing up.
Anyways,should i download the file which is below the "Download" as i'm using Windows or should i download the compressed file from "Others" in the original post at page 1...???

P.S. Sorry for bothering every one over here.
Never ever extract the update files into the game folder! Always extract the update files in a new folder. Then you can merge the games's (full game) "www" folder with the content of "www"'s folder from your update-only.

This way you will be save not to overwrite your game's "www" folder with the update-only's "www" folder.

Reactions: BatmanNinja

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
Never ever extract the update files into the game folder! Always extract the update files in a new folder. Then you can merge the games's (full game) "www" folder with the content of "www"'s folder from your update-only.

This way you will be save not to overwrite your game's "www" folder with the update-only's "www" folder.
I just open the archive and copy/paste individual files to folder instead of extracting whole thing.

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
You seem to know what you are doing others on the other hand.... just look at the questions from Mac users.
I don't think I have touched a Mac since I was the computer club back in 5th grade coding on those old monochrome ones. Think that was back in 1991

4.50 star(s) 507 Votes